• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT| Stay Awhile And... *click* *click* *click*

Status
Not open for further replies.

scy

After looking at the armory I am starting to feel that a few months in everybody will have everything. There are 1 or 2 uniques for each slot and they are level 60. Unlike diablo 2 where there were many unique gloves or boots for example that even at level 25 or 30 would be worn by level 80's due to % stats. So i figure at level 60 everyone will be farming the 1 or 2 uniques per slot and everyone will have the same gear.

Don't get me wrong, I am more excited for this game than Yoshi, I just miss Runewords and more lewts :(

Most equipment people were using in D2, at least when I was played, were all souped up Rares. The occasional Unique was an exception, not the rule.

Also, I do believe the Armory isn't even close to all the items in the game.

LowParry

Well, at least on the good side of Monday, there's the Guild Wars 2 stress going on that day. So it'll make the evening easier on the wait.

They've gone on record saying that the only things they've shown in the armory are the uniques. There will be a ton of rares which will be potentially better than the uniques, and that's not including the sets, either.

That is true I guess. In D2 the best pvpers always had all rares as they had crazy stat bonuses. Blizzard redeemed!

TUSR

Banned
After looking at the armory I am starting to feel that a few months in everybody will have everything. There are 1 or 2 uniques for each slot and they are level 60. Unlike diablo 2 where there were many unique gloves or boots for example that even at level 25 or 30 would be worn by level 80's due to % stats. So i figure at level 60 everyone will be farming the 1 or 2 uniques per slot and everyone will have the same gear.

Don't get me wrong, I am more excited for this game than Yoshi, I just miss Runewords and more lewts :(

no one in their right mind would use the following items:

Hoto, shako, maras, HoZ, archon plate enigma, spider belt, 2x soj

actually we all did.

Do you remember D2 before LoD? Yeah.

FinKL

...and the combat mechanics have actually gotten much better than D2.
The only thing I dislike is that the click box on enemies is huge. I want to run backwards but if there is an enemy or 2 behind me I'll attack them even though I wanted to kite backwards. I think there's a video up somewhere but I just woke up and loaded this OT on my phone

no one in their right mind would use the following items:

Hoto, shako, maras, HoZ, archon plate enigma, spider belt, 2x soj

actually we all did.

Do you remember D2 before LoD? Yeah.

I always went for Tal's or Trang's, because those items had a high enough drop rate that I actually saw them (never saw an SOJ).

Soule

So apparently the D3 Facebook page posted a poll asking what class people are going to play, and the votes as of when I saw it were as follows:

Barb: 6.6k
DH: 6k
Monk: 4.7k
Wizard: 4.3k
WD: 3.6k

Honestly, I would have thought Wizard would be higher up than that, and that fewer people would be so hard for the DH (which I'm playing second).

This makes me wanna play WD, infact this whole thread is selling me on WD, I'm gonna have to fight my mate for dibs on it when we start cause he's considering between wizard and WD, if anything I reckon I'll play in almost opposite order of popularity to that poll's results or close to it, maybe monk second and probably DH last.
Wtf!?!?!??!

haha I know right! It's been his toy for a while now, he stole it from my sisters place when we visited her and it was already in bad shape but he's obviously grown tired of yoshi, he used to cuddle up to it at night :(

I always went for Tal's or Trang's, because those items had a high enough drop rate that I actually saw them (never saw an SOJ).

Gotta mf that nightmare andy.

This makes me wanna play WD, infact this whole thread is selling me on WD, I'm gonna have to fight my mate for dibs on it when we start cause he's considering between wizard and WD, if anything I reckon I'll play in almost opposite order of popularity to that poll's results or close to it, maybe monk second and probably DH last.

WD is going to be kick ass. Get an awesome wizard or demon hunter item? You'll have no problem trading it for an even more awesome WD item.

forrest

formerly nacire
Most equipment people were using in D2, at least when I was played, were all souped up Rares. The occasional Unique was an exception, not the rule.

Yeah I'm imagining the amount of loot in the game that isn't in the armory is huge. I can only imagine there are more set items and unique items that aren't being shown.

Soule

WD is going to be kick ass. Get an awesome wizard or demon hunter item? You'll have no problem trading it for an even more awesome WD item.

Compelling argument! I'm really getting cozy to the idea, my second character will definitely be melee though.

You poor thing, perhaps D3 will bring you better luck?

Gromph

This tag is currently undergoing scheduled maintenance...
Staff Member
Also, remember they are pulling all the items on monday.

PS: If anyone in EU non-ladder need a Uber Tristam run for a torch, i have keys to spare.

:)

Soule

I found that to be the case moreso in classic D2, the expansion there were tons of runewords and some really good Uniques. Hope the bolded is true.

scy

Barb will probably be just as good, really. They're the only class that needs STR items so all STR itemization just kind of defaults to them.

MKAllDay

Most of the uniques (legendaries) and sets aren't in the database yet. Jay Wilson said they are adding them Monday and that a few of them contain spoilers via their title/flavor text.

neoism

guys does anyone know if you will need service pack 1 for win7... For the retail version. I played the beta, with old drivers, and everything. I tried to install it two times yesterday didn't work. Just wondering.

Did anyone do any upgrades to their rig/accessories for D3? I upgraded:

- New video card (560ti 448)
- More RAM (up to 12GB)
- New monitor (HP 25")
- New mouse (G9x)
- New mousepad (Steelseries Demon Hunter)

So. Hyped.

Soule

Barb will probably be just as good, really. They're the only class that needs STR items so all STR itemization just kind of defaults to them.

Yeah but there's so manyyyyy, all those other Barbs are potential competitors to outbid you on either AH be it RM or Gold.

Most of the uniques (legendaries) and sets aren't in the database yet. Jay Wilson said they are adding them Monday and that a few of them contain spoilers via their title/flavor text.

Bailing on my idea of checking them out :\ The titles I could live with but flavour text may give away more than I'd like.

MKAllDay

Compelling argument! I'm really getting cozy to the idea, my second character will definitely be melee though.

You poor thing, perhaps D3 will bring you better luck?

Actually it's funny in all my time playing D2 (easily my most played game), I never had a SoJ drop for me. I have had some just trading and I have at multiple points had every item/runeword I could want but never did one physically drop for me. Very strange.

Frostburn

guys does anyone know if you will need service pack 1 for win7... For the retail version. I played the beta, with old drivers, and everything. I tried to install it two times yesterday didn't work. Just wondering.

It wouldn't hurt, any reason for not having your OS up to date? The Retail install won't work until it unlocks so that is normal.

Realyn

- More RAM (up to 12GB)
- New monitor (HP 25")
- New mouse (G9x)

So. Hyped.

I've got an 2500(aircooled up to 4,9 - yeah!) and 8gb for SWToR. Sadly the game fucked up.

Trickster

I skip the cutscenes in most games, and I'm sure I will in Diablo 3. I'm in it for the gameplay. Video game stories just aren't that good IMO. I'd rather read.

You're gonna skip blizzards cgi cutscenes? That boggles my mind. I mean, even if you don't care for the story, surely you'd watch them just for the eyegasm, right? o_O

- More RAM (up to 12GB)
- New monitor (HP 25")
- New mouse (G9x)

So. Hyped.

Upgraded all the major parts in my pc. Not purely for D3, but it was definitely the game that pushed me to do it.

Soule

- More RAM (up to 12GB)
- New monitor (HP 25")
- New mouse (G9x)

So. Hyped.

Ordered a new headset and just a plain steel series mousepad, will get a new mouse soon too as mine is pretty worn but no actual upgrades to the rig. I am sorting out a new laptop for my cousin though because his was pretty dated.
FexQg.jpg
IxpLW.jpg
Are the headset and mouse I'll be getting.

scy

Yeah but there's so manyyyyy, all those other Barbs are potential competitors to outbid you on either AH be it RM or Gold.

Well, true on that. I just kind of meant when grouping with friends. Assuming the friends aren't hoarding the loot to later sell, anyway.

chiablo

Ordered a new headset and just a plain steel series mousepad, will get a new mouse soon too as mine is pretty worn but no actual upgrades to the rig. I am sorting out a new laptop for my cousin though because his was pretty dated.

Are the headset and mouse I'll be getting.

Good choice on the mouse! I love my G9!

Soule

You're gonna skip blizzards cgi cutscenes? That boggles my mind. I mean, even if you don't care for the story, surely you'd watch them just for the eyegasm, right? o_O
Dunno how I missed that post o_O Blizzard's CGI is so amazing I sometimes load up older games JUST to view the cutscenes I find them that entertaining but each to their own.
Well, true on that. I just kind of meant when grouping with friends. Assuming the friends aren't hoarding the loot to later sell, anyway.

Ah, was talking to a mate earlier today about that topic of whether we'd be giving spare loot to each other or hoarding to sell I'm happy to have good people to play with that'll help each other out :)

injurai

Banned
- open regedit
- navigate to "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\DirectDraw\Compatibility\Diablo"
- make sure the key "Flags" is set to "00 08 00 00" (hex mode)
- make sure the key "ID" is set to "7c 89 fc 3a" (hex mode)
- repeat for "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\DirectDraw\Compatibility \Diablo"
- quit regedit and retry
Of course D1 compatibility setting still need to be set to:
- Win2k mode (or earlier)
- disable desktop composition
- run as admin

There is an easier fix than that, but it is really weird that it even works.

1. In win7 open up your Screen Resolution window.
2. this next step you have to do fast. Launch D1, and quickly click on the Screen Res window. This is easiest done by open Diablo.exe but right clicking and hitting open and having the Res window behind it so you can immediately select it.
3. If D1 launches while that Res window was your active window you will no longer have the graphical issues in-game.

There still might be a few glitches in the Intro Blizzard splash, or main menu UI, but other than that it runs perfectly.

Confirmed to work in Win7x64 that is.

Tacitus_

- More RAM (up to 12GB)
- New monitor (HP 25")
- New mouse (G9x)

So. Hyped.

I got a new mouse. 6500 DPI, macros, LED colors has 5 options in the menu.. all for 43 euros.
And the maker endorses Esports!
AOfvb.jpg

zlatko

Banned

- More RAM (up to 12GB)
- New monitor (HP 25")
- New mouse (G9x)

So. Hyped.

Upgrades no, but I did uninstall a massive ton of shit and downloaded a program to make my PC boot up ASAP since it's chugging like a mofo due to what wants to start up when I hit the desktop.

If I had money I'd want that Diablo 3 mouse, and a razer black widow mechanical keyboard.

Upgrades no, but I did uninstall a massive ton of shit and downloaded a program to make my PC boot up ASAP since it's chugging like a mofo due to what wants to start up when I hit the desktop.

If I had money I'd want that Diablo 3 mouse, and a razer black widow mechanical keyboard.

I bought one of these last year on a whim. It's fucking wonderful to type on. I got the one without the light-up keys though.

Soule

This is probably a good idea, I should really clean up my computer and get it running as smooth as possible.

mbmonk

- More RAM (up to 12GB)
- New monitor (HP 25")
- New mouse (G9x)

So. Hyped.

Upgraded my mouse.
11442-kensington_expert_mouse.jpg

As far as my PC itself I am leaving it alone. It ran the beta maxed out, and I don't have a new PC by any estimation.

EDIT: I still have a 'gaming' mouse if I feel like I need something extra responsive.

neoism

guys will this mouse do for this game... I can't afford a gaming mouse. The mouse I'm using now only has 2 buttons so this is definitely better. Do most of you program your mouse for all the attacks in the game. Would be cool to play this game with just a mouse.

injurai

Banned
guys will this mouse do for this game... I can't afford a gaming mouse. The mouse I'm using now only has 2 buttons so this is definitely better. Do most of you program your mouse for all the attacks in the game. Would be cool to play this game with just a mouse.

That mouse looks perfect. And no I don't program the buttons, but I might re-map move to one of those side buttons.

And sure you can afford a gaming mouse if you go wired!
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0055QZ216/?tag=neogaf0e-20

ya go wired unless you are using a laptop.

Soule

Upgraded my mouse.
11442-kensington_expert_mouse.jpg

As far as my PC itself I am leaving it alone. It ran the beta maxed out, and I don't have a new PC by any estimation.
What is this contraption..? Is that a trackball? If it is have you always played with one? Are they good?

I actually don't know if you can program the other hotkey skills to your mouse, I didn't see it in the beta but tbh I didn't really look.

honestly, the only reason I use a gaming mouse is because to me they have a better feel to them, they glide better, and feel more accurate. I only really use the two buttons on top and the wheel for the most part. I use the side buttons as well where my thumb is, but pretty much just for browsing (back/forward buttons).

LordCanti

Unless you want a wireless mouse, I would go with the Logitech G400. It's a wired gaming mouse around the same price.

The one you picked should work fine though. Wireless isn't ideal, but it's come a long way from how janky wireless mice used to be.

I actually don't know if you can program the other hotkey skills to your mouse, I didn't see it in the beta but tbh I didn't really look.

You can. I was using all my abilities from the mouse in the beta. (I have no idea if this has changed for retail. I'd hope not..since I played using just the mouse for the most part)

neoism

It wouldn't hurt, any reason for not having your OS up to date? The Retail install won't work until it unlocks so that is normal.

I got win 7 before the service pack came out I guess. I've tried like 6 times to install it, but some error happens every time. I verified win 7 the day I got my computer too, it said it was authentic.

scy

Why is the boxed package $10 more :|

Anyway, my mouse has two extra buttons (NAOS 5200) but I'll probably only map one extra ability to it. Really depends on how badly I need four easy to reach spam keys. Though, SC2 has my 1-2-3 reflexes trained like a goddamn champ.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom