• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT| Stay Awhile And... *click* *click* *click*

Status
Not open for further replies.

FinKL

I plan on reformatting :) also, this mouse comes out June 16, :(

images

I don't want to pay extra for all these "gamer" extras on mice, lights, dpi profiles etc.

Was on the fence for a G9x, but I think it'll be a whee to big for me. Without the grips I probably would of been sold, but the mouse has sharp edges without the grips.

Ledsen

So I'm inclined to think I won't enjoy this game, but maybe GAF can convince me. I would LIKE to like this game, since a friend is a Diablo maniac and playing co-op with him would be pretty cool provided I can enjoy the game. The facts:

- Only game in the genre I've played is Torchlight. Hated it.
- Reasons I hated it: Boring enemies, boring environments, boring skills, click-click-click and nothing more to it.
- I watched my friends spend years on Diablo 2, but it looked like a super boring click-fest so I never tried it.
- "Loot" as a motivational device does nothing for me. I need cool enemies, cool environments and fun and engaging gameplay that involves both moment-to-moment combat tactics and long-term character building strategy. I LOVE exploration and open world-stuff.
- I don't like replaying games and almost never do.
- I don't want to interact with other people outside of my co-op partner or people I know IRL who might be playing.

What do you think GAF?

images

I don't want to pay extra for all these "gamer" extras on mice, lights, dpi profiles etc.

Was on the fence for a G9x, but I think it'll be a whee to big for me. Without the grips I probably would of been sold, but the mouse has sharp edges without the grips.
The mouse is small with the grips and very small without. Some SC2 pros use G9X without a grip.

TheExodu5

Banned

images

Looks like a new Steelseries mouse using the Xai platform...details?

Tacitus_

DPI profiles and plentiful sidebuttons are godly once you get used to them.

Grampasso

guys will this mouse do for this game... I can't afford a gaming mouse. The mouse I'm using now only has 2 buttons so this is definitely better. Do most of you program your mouse for all the attacks in the game. Would be cool to play this game with just a mouse.
No matter how good a mouse/keyboard is, wireless is not the way to go IMHO.
swearing for wipes on WoW bosses due to people with dead batteries in wireless perypherals

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
So I'm inclined to think I won't enjoy this game, but maybe GAF can convince me.

What do you think GAF?

With those criteria I'd say you'd be jumping into a pool filled with peanut butter with a nut allergy.

So I'm inclined to think I won't enjoy this game, but maybe GAF can convince me. I would LIKE to like this game, since a friend is a Diablo maniac and playing co-op with him would be pretty cool provided I can enjoy the game. The facts:

- Reasons I hated it: Boring enemies, boring environments, boring skills.
- I watched my friends spend years on Diablo 2, but it looked like a super boring click-fest so I never tried it.
- "Loot" as a motivational device does nothing for me. I need cool enemies, cool environments and fun and engaging gameplay that involves both moment-to-moment combat tactics and long-term character building strategy.
- I don't want to interact with other people outside of my co-op partner or people I know IRL who might be playing.

What do you think GAF?

I think that you should wait on it. Ask for a guest pass. Try the starter edition when it releases. I wouldn't buy it yet, you sound like you're already disinclined, but it's worth a shot. Just not a $60 shot.

Lombax

Banned
Did anyone do any upgrades to their rig/accessories for D3? I upgraded:

- New video card (560ti 448)
- More RAM (up to 12GB)
- New monitor (HP 25")
- New mouse (G9x)
- New mousepad (Steelseries Demon Hunter)

So. Hyped.

new keyboard steelseries 6gv2
new mouse razer deathadder
new mousepad steelseries monk

I've never played a loot game before. I was playing around in the D3 Game Guide and saw set armor. How rare is that likely to be? Is that something most people can get if they play long enough or is it going to be super rare, like only a handful of people? How was it handled in D2?

Zia

Nice OT!

Despite playing Diablo II for what was probably a couple hundred hours, I remember little of it as I got into it late, during a very stressful start to college. Only played the beta for an hour, don't have time to read through the official site, or this thread for that matter (you guys are crazy). So, this'll be a relatively fresh reintroduction to Diablo for me. Terribly excited, and I hope I get to play it as much next week as I'd like (probably not).

Ryan_

Is anyone of you investing in a keypad like the Nostromo n52? Or the Razer one?

I don't know if its worth the money, though, when inferno arrives, skill will be importent!

injurai

Banned
I've never played a loot game before. I was playing around in the D3 Game Guide and saw set armor. How rare is that likely to be? Is that something most people can get if they play long enough or is it going to be super rare, like only a handful of people? How was it handled in D2?

Well a lot of things are really super rare that you will never get and some people still never got after playing for 12 years. But dupping items was really big in D2, and you would see a ton of people with those best items. Entire builds would be based around getting certain gear. I would think those items will end up being even rarer now with the controlled in-game AH.

scy

Not sure how rare they'll be in D3 but most sets weren't too bad in D2 ... individually, anyway. Completing sets was a bit harder just due to the sheer number of possible drops.

With some trading and/or using the Auction House, it shouldn't be that hard to finish most sets.

mbmonk

What is this contraption..? Is that a trackball? If it is have you always played with one? Are they good?

Yea. It's a trackball. :)

I haven't used one for games in a couple of years ( though I use one at work everyday ). I think it will work well for most games that aren't a FPSs or have very similar controls to FPSs. For Diablo 3 I am hoping it will work well. My brother has one and used it for the beta and said it worked really well. Mine will be arriving today so I am going to test it with Torchlight tonight.

I like the thought of holding down my pinky and moving the trackball with my fingers, instead of holding down the mouse button and moving my wrist. We will see if it works out that way. :)

EDIT: Obviously this trackball doesn't have as many buttons as some gaming mice. So that is a down side. I think of it more as a day to day mouse that I can use for Diablo. If I play a FPS I am going to probably use my gaming mouse because it's more precise and has more buttons.

You guys think the wizard is the best mf class? or is everyone equal now that there is no mass teleport? I always make my first char an mfer so I have items for future characters lol

FinKL

Looks like a new Steelseries mouse using the Xai platform...details?

Yeah, the mouse I listed is a SteelSeries RAW Sensei ($60) which is based off SteelSeries Sensei $90 (w/o all the bells and whistles). The Sensei is based off Xai if i'm not mistaken.

The Diablo III mouse is based off Xai, which is an older model.

My girlfriend thinks i'm crazy cause I bought a $50 mouse years ago and I told her I needed a new mouse for Diablo. She then showed me this $5 5-button mouse from Monoprice

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion

- Reasons I hated it: Boring enemies, boring environments, boring skills, click-click-click and nothing more to it.
- "Loot" as a motivational device does nothing for me. I need cool enemies, cool environments and fun and engaging gameplay that involves both moment-to-moment combat tactics and long-term character building strategy. I LOVE exploration and open world-stuff.

What do you think GAF?

I think you know nothing about the genre and have some ill conceived opinions about a game you've never played. if one of your friends has a Collector's Edition, they come with a bunch of guest passes. Grab one of those, and try the game. If you don't like it, you haven't spent any money.

Soule

G9 is awesome, it sounds like you've had a look at it already but if you haven't had one in your hands I'd really recommend it I find it very comfortable and I love that you can add weights.
Nice OT!

Despite playing Diablo II for what was probably a couple hundred hours, I remember little of it as I got into it late, during a very stressful start to college. Only played the beta for an hour, don't have time to read through the official site, or this thread for that matter (you guys are crazy). So, this'll be a relatively fresh reintroduction to Diablo for me. Terribly excited, and I hope I get to play it as much next week as I'd like (probably not).
One of us, one of us.
I think that you should wait on it. Ask for a guest pass. Try the starter edition when it releases. I wouldn't buy it yet, you sound like you're already disinclined, but it's worth a shot. Just not a $60 shot.
This is good advice.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
Did anyone do any upgrades to their rig/accessories for D3? I upgraded:

- New video card (560ti 448)
- More RAM (up to 12GB)
- New monitor (HP 25")
- New mouse (G9x)
- New mousepad (Steelseries Demon Hunter)

So. Hyped.

I didn't upgrade my rig at all, as it's well above specs, but I did recently get an awesome new headset for my birthday:

n33yq.jpg

Plantronics Gamecom 780.

Dolby 7.1 Surround Sound
Noise Canceling Mic
Swiveling points above the headphones

Truly a fantastic headset.

injurai

Banned
The Corpse Explosion comparison is apt seeing as it'll probably get nerfed :x

On that note, Monk has Corpse Explosion via Exploding Palm which I really, really want to see if it works as it sounds. But it probably won't.

They better not nerf Exploding palms damage. Reducing its range would be acceptable, but it should provide those guaranteed explosive promises.

You guys think the wizard is the best mf class? or is everyone equal now that there is no mass teleport? I always make my first char an mfer so I have items for future characters lol

I don't think so. Teleport I'm pretty sure is just an "oh shit" movement button now, like DH's vault or Barb's leap.

LordCanti

I don't think so. Teleport I'm pretty sure is just an "oh shit" movement button now, like DH's vault or Barb's leap.

Vault doesn't have any cooldown though (at least it didn't in the beta) so it's more viable as an escape method than teleport potentially.

I'm playing a DH, and I'm not sure how much MF I'll take on. I'll need to find a good balance between finding decent loot and being able to survive.

mbmonk

This has probably been mentioned but just to reiterate that according to Blizzard the servers will go live at 12pm PDT time. So that is 3am on the East Coast. So if you are waking up to play, you can get a couple of extra hours sleep. :)

The Americas (U.S., Canada, Latin America, Australia, New Zealand, and South East Asia) servers open at: 12:01 a.m. PDT, May 15

EDIT: Or that is my interpretation of this blog post.

Yeah, the mouse I listed is a SteelSeries RAW Sensei ($60) which is based off SteelSeries Sensei $90 (w/o all the bells and whistles). The Sensei is based off Xai if i'm not mistaken.

The Diablo III mouse is based off Xai, which is an older model.

My girlfriend thinks i'm crazy cause I bought a $50 mouse years ago and I told her I needed a new mouse for Diablo. She then showed me this $5 5-button mouse from Monoprice

The Rawbberized Sensei is pretty slick...
What do you think about the Diablo mouse?
I mean, embarrassment aside, I wonder what spec differences are...

injurai

Banned
Bah. How fast are they at refunding to a card? I'm STILL waiting on a refund from Msoft... it's been over 2 months. :/

lol if the refund from Microsoft is XBL related good luck. I have a friend that got charged for a year after he cancelled and was never refunded.

Another friend had his account banned and was charged for a year, and microsoft still hasn't refunded him.

MrKnives

I played the beta for the longest time and I still have absolutely no idea which class I want to play first. I guess it's going to be a long stay in the character selection screen.

kyubajin

The Corpse Explosion comparison is apt seeing as it'll probably get nerfed :x

On that note, Monk has Corpse Explosion via Exploding Palm which I really, really want to see if it works as it sounds. But it probably won't.

I'm sure most skills will be "rebalanced" once people start getting to Hell/Inferno, etc and Blizz has millions of feedback entried to analise.

Corpse explosion was so amazingly OP!

scy

Plantronics Gamecom 780.

Dolby 7.1 Surround Sound
Noise Canceling Mic
Swiveling points above the headphones

Truly a fantastic headset.

Mmm, just realized I need to buy a mic if I want to use my M-80s while playing instead of my cheap headset :(

They better not nerf Exploding palms damage. Reducing its range would be acceptable, but it should provide those guaranteed explosive promises.

What worries me about it is that one of the runes changes it to Weapon Damage on the explosion ... which makes no sense vs 30% Target's Max Life. Exploding Palm explosions on Inferno seems ridiculous (especially with four players), hence wondering if that's even likely going to work as described.

If nothing else, it's a nice offensive option to replace Sweeping Wind. Hell, Strong Spirit makes it a ridiculously good potential spirit generating skill, though the reliability of it is a bit unknown without playtesting.

profit

So I'm trying to get my friends into this game aswell. Two of them have played WoW since the beginning, so the dungeon running and loot appeals to them. They think the classes all look cool and theyre starting to get pretty hyped.
Today, one of my friends asked me: so I get the regular monsters are a lot of clickfests, but what about the bosses? Do you think we'll see some strategy involved into them with phases, a bit, but not entirely like WoW?
I responded that the things I have seen from Diablo 2, its a lot of clicking on the boss, run away and chug some pots, and stack health/dmg/resistance.

But then I got to thinking, do we really know anything for the bosses? I mean, Blizzard has learned a lot from WoW boss designs, and I know its a completely different team for the most part. But do you think we'll see some adaptations from the boss encounters we see in WoW?

Now I'm not complaining that this game needs to be like WoW, I know they are two different things entirely and I'm happy about that! But do you think it's possible there will be some more strategy involved into the encounters?

Now I could be entirely wrong about the Diablo 2 bosses aswell, I only have played normal in that game; just saying what I saw from the videos/streams that I looked up.

Vault doesn't have any cooldown though (at least it didn't in the beta) so it's more viable as an escape method than teleport potentially.

I'm playing a DH, and I'm not sure how much MF I'll take on. I'll need to find a good balance between finding decent loot and being able to survive.

it is, but the tradeoff is that repeated Vaults drains your Discipline fast, and it recovers slowly. Teleport may be on a cooldown, but I believe you can spam it within 1 second with the right rune, and Arcane Powre replenishes pretty quick. Not totally disagreeing with you, but pointing out the differences. It's still pretty balanced.

zlatko

Banned
Open a support ticket.

With Blizz? Is it faster to call them?

As for a quick version of my MSoft issue it was someone hacking my account, spending 75 dollars off a card to buy Msoft points. They locked the account down, investigated, said I will receive the refund, but it takes 2 billing cycles. It's been past that...

forrest

formerly nacire
Is anyone of you investing in a keypad like the Nostromo n52? Or the Razer one?

I don't know if its worth the money, though, when inferno arrives, skill will be importent!

I have the N-52 from when Belkin was still making them. I've looked at the Razer nostromo a few times, but it doesn't feel quite as sturdy as the previous model. That being said, I'm sure it's an awesome product. I love my nostromo to death. It's amazing for MMO's and I loved it during the D3 closed beta.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom