• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT| Stay Awhile And... *click* *click* *click*

Status
Not open for further replies.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
I'll never understand this "gogogo" mentality of gamers these days.

I don't get it either. I'll be playing at a slow pace, taking in as much as I can, and doing as much optional stuff as possible. What's the rush? The game isn't going anywhere.

scy

fat-kid-ddr-fail.gif

Basically my memory of every Heigan attempt in the history of original Naxx.

I feel the same. I hate to have massive or even one lined black spoilers here.
It isn't even out...
How can people spoil themselves..

Because it's nothing serious. Would someone telling you there's a cow level in Diablo II have spoiled your gameplay experience? No, it wouldn't have... unless you're the type to complain about missing Feats of Strength, that is.

ShaneB

I don't get it either. I'll be playing at a slow pace, taking in as much as I can, and doing as much optional stuff as possible. What's the rush? The game isn't going anywhere.

Same... it's not a race =/

People waiting so long for the game, and they want to blaze right through it.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Sucks to be me. I work Tuesday, and can't stay up Monday night to squeak a few hours in.

Tuesday will be pure torture.

Yeah, I won't e playing until getting home from work Tuesday. Most of the buddies I'll be playing with have the day off, so I am both jelly and butthurt. They will have to shower me with unwanted witchdoctor loot due to being dozens of levels higher than me to make me feel better.

Raide

Oh god dammit!

Playing Diablo 1, got to the Butcher and he killed me...utterly forgot to save. Had to start again. :D

EFF YOU BUTCHER!

Ledsen

With those criteria I'd say you'd be jumping into a pool filled with peanut butter with a nut allergy.

I think that you should wait on it. Ask for a guest pass. Try the starter edition when it releases. I wouldn't buy it yet, you sound like you're already disinclined, but it's worth a shot. Just not a $60 shot.

Take a pass. Its a looter, you dont care for looting. While not boring to us, if "click-click-click" is something you hate, you'll hate this. You saw Diablo 2, it was super boring to you. The thing that makes Diablo is multiplayer looting, you dont want to interact with other people (aside from your buddy). Its a game that revolves around playing through with multiple classes, multiple times, climbing the difficulty ladder. You dont like replaying games.

So seriously, according to you list, if someone makes a game thats the polar opposite of D3, thats the game you should get. : )

Thanks guys, I'll probably try a guest pass (didn't know they had them), but I'll be going in without any expectations. Hopefully I'll be pleasantly surprised!

I think you know nothing about the genre and have some ill conceived opinions about a game you've never played. if one of your friends has a Collector's Edition, they come with a bunch of guest passes. Grab one of those, and try the game. If you don't like it, you haven't spent any money.

I asked because I basically know nothing about Diablo 3. I just gave my opinion about the only game I have played in the genre. I'm not saying Diablo 2 was bad, just stating the reason I never tried it even though I watched my friends play it for years. I'm hoping my experience with Torchlight was mainly because it wasn't a very good game, but based on the above comments that sounds less likely now.

nowai

Agreed. I like to explore every corner of the map and try to find all the hidden bits.

scy

Has anyone who has preordered through Amazon had their game ship yet? Wondering if mine will actually get here on release day

I've yet to have Amazon miss a release-day delivery and mine tend to get shipped out the day before. Texas, for the record.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Has anyone who has preordered through Amazon had their game ship yet? Wondering if mine will actually get here on release day

I think they generally do it 2-day, so expect tomorrow. I got SWTOR release day from them and I think that's how it went, but I could be off by a day.

I've yet to have Amazon miss a release-day delivery and mine tend to get shipped out the day before. Texas, for the record.

Same. Almost everything I buy game related comes from Amazon. Release date delivery will ship out on Monday and you may not get a shipping email until late Monday night. But they have never failed me and Ive bought from them for years now. I love me some Amazon.

These are shipping speeds for the CE...

Standard $1.97
Arrives Tue 5/22-Thu 5/24
Expedited $5.97
Arrives Tue 5/22-Wed 5/23
Rush $9.97
Arrives Mon 5/21

Really late!

ARGH only choice for me is to play standard until CE arrives, then return.

smr00

Banned
Not worried about not pre-ordering the CE because like the SC2 one im sure you will still be able to find it months after it's release.

If not it is what it is but im not worried since i have never had a problem getting a CE day 1 w/o pre-ordering at my local BB, nobody plays PC games here and the console gamers where i live are all madden/COD players.

Not worried about not pre-ordering the CE because like the SC2 one im sure you will still be able to find it months after it's release.

That and there are like 0 PC gamers in my area.

Oh yeah! thanks for the reminder...
I swear their method of pressuring us really works (on me).

Oh god dammit!

Playing Diablo 1, got to the Butcher and he killed me...utterly forgot to save. Had to start again. :D

EFF YOU BUTCHER!

ohhh, ouch :(

This, this is why I play rogue in D1. Let him chase you, find a place where you can trap him in a room with grating, then shoot through until dead.

Soule

ohhh, ouch :(

This, this is why I play rogue in D1. Let him chase you, find a place where you can trap him in a room with grating, then shoot through until dead.

Blood Raven :( I hope they show what happened to the heroes of D2 throughout the game as well, despite the grizzly fates of the D1 heroes it was nice to know what happened.

Are there any good videos of gameplay from each class? I didn't play much of the beta :(

the presentation of the class videos on the reveal.diablo3.com site is really nice. It gives a short intro to the character's backstory, shows off some abilities, explains the resource for that class, and showcases the character's abilities nicely.

Fitz

Blood Raven :( I hope they show what happened to the heroes of D2 throughout the game as well, despite the grizzly fates of the D1 heroes it was nice to know what happened.

Did they ever explain what happened to the Sorcerer from D1? I don't remember hearing anything about him.

TUSR

Banned
I really need to stop working because this thread moves much too fast, even without our boy/girl/dinosaur Yoshi.

WHAT? Blood Raven was the Rogue from D1?

A new "what class will you be playing poll" is up at bliz forums. Results from 12 pages of posts so far:

link:
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/4887789479?page=1

Blizzard forums are a piece of shit. You can't post there unless you have Starcraft 2 or an active World of Warcraft account. I think people in the D3 closed beta can post as well but that's it. Forget that I played WoW for over four years and have multiple level 80 characters, that I own every single Blizzard game save for Starcraft 2, have participated in every WoW beta from Diablo 2 to Starcraft 2, and that I spent $60 on a D3 preorder.

jkoch

I'll never understand this "gogogo" mentality of gamers these days.

These days? I've been gaming for about 30 years :)

With a career, house, kids, etc. I don't have a ton of time to play games and I prefer to spend it on gameplay rather than following stories. I read for the stories.

TUSR

Banned
This thread is currently making my head explode/spin.

How did I not know this?! How did this all happen. Must dig for lore. Will return.

So will Blizzard be putting out a launch video? I just saw Rockstar put out the MP3 one today.

well they've released the intro, and a number of TV segments. not sure about a "launch video" though.

This thread is currently making my head explode/spin.

How did I not know this?! How did this all happen. Must dig for lore. Will return.

Yeah dude.

Warrior = Dark Wanderer
Rogue = Blood Raven
Sorceror = Summoner

Fitz

Oh :( I just finished replaying D1 + 2 as Sorc in both, somehow never realised The Summoner was from D1, looking back I've got no idea how I missed that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom