• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT3| Turn On Elective Mode, Get an Authenticator

Status
Not open for further replies.
It wouldn't hurt if that bows damage was doubled, it's bewilderingly low. Should be in the 300s at least

Tried selling mine and understandably it doesn't go for much

Zeliard

Barbarians are all about doing as much damage as possible, stacking as much defense as possible, and praying to fucking god you don't get Arcane-Enchanted.

There should be a "pray to god" mechanic for Barbs.

It's a cooldown ability; Barb screams to the heavens and it gives you a percentage chance to avoid certain enemy modifiers. If Templar is tagging along, percentage boost. If Tyrael is tagging along, he gives a slight chuckle.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Talk about being tired... what did I miss yesterday?

Sophia

It's a cooldown ability; Barb screams to the heavens and it gives you a percentage chance to avoid certain enemy modifiers. If Templar is tagging along, percentage boost. If Tyrael is tagging along, he gives a slight chuckle.

They do, it's called Ignore Pain, and it may as well be "pray to god" given how reliant on your other abilities it is. >_>;

Talk about being tired... what did I miss yesterday?

Me encroaching on your post count. ;p

V_Arnold

I do not know the points. I just know that around page 1 or 2, Yoshi sad that a big review is incoming from him. I expected tears, rage and Dark Souls-level of hyperbole, but then got caught up in playing this game so much that I forgot to follow this thread. That is why I am asking :D

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Dude...Im level 22 and i have around 105DPS....as a monk. How can you have that much power this early on???

I'll post a screenshot of some of my items/stats later today after maintenance before I start to progress in Act 3. I've got some very good items in slots that I saved from while playing my DH - quite a few socketed things which I filled with the best Int gems I had. My rare source off-hand, which only requires level 17, is pretty much perfectly rolled.

It's pretty easy to get your DPS up with a wizard between Glass Cannon and Magic Weapon. I think I was around 500 as well in act 2 and by the end of normal I was drive 900 buffed

Also that and that. There's really no reason to not have magic weapon (at least at this point), as I couldn't even make good use of something else in that slot. Hell, I have Hyrda in a slot simply because it's a passive damage source, and I could easily go without it. Teleport without a rune, which I also have at this level, really isn't worth it. None of the armor runes are useful to me at the moment, so I've been eschewing them except to test new ones.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
I'm not bothering to play or gear my monk right now, getting a DH to Inferno to do that. Right now I have 12.5k DPS base at level 54 and 26k DPS stacked with crit.

Here is my half geared Level 60 Monk Stats with Evade Aura on (Dodge and Armor boosted). With my VIT/DEX dagger and no my IAS dagger.
aB2QU.jpg

ubnnh.jpg

You don't need to pray when you hit earthquake and Berserker.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
So, Wizards.

This seems to be a disappointingly boring class to play. Basically the best way seems to be to have three buffs (shield, familiar, magic weapon) and a defense spell, and then just primary attack and disruption with your mouse. Is that pretty much it? Kind of disappointing, magic users are usually the most interesting class, not the 'put up all your buffs and then attack move through the game'.

Volodja

Do I have to unlock the Templar to get her? Seems like they all came after I did in hell.
No, every time you beat Diablo you have to rehire your follower at the spot they are at when you dismiss them. They will always be unlocked right away in every difficulty after normal.

Sullen

So, Wizards.

This seems to be a disappointingly boring class to play. Basically the best way seems to be to have three buffs (shield, familiar, magic weapon) and a defense spell, and then just primary attack and disruption with your mouse. Is that pretty much it? Kind of disappointing, magic users are usually the most interesting class, not the 'put up all your buffs and then attack move through the game'.

I hardly used any buffs and hardly still use any and I'm on Hell.. so.. unless you are playing on inferno there is no need to do some buff heavy build as a wizard.

Yoshichan

So, Wizards.

Yup. They're boring as fuck. And I've tried all the good builds in the game for several hours.

Kreunt

Banned
I think all the people being hacked are mostly just people who a new to battle.net and dont know about how much the gold farmers want their accounts.
I havent seen anyone say they got hacked AND have an authenticator

Here is my half geared Level 60 Monk Stats with Evade Aura on (Dodge and Armor boosted). With my VIT/DEX dagger and no my IAS dagger.
http://i.imgur.com/aB2QU.jpg[IMG]
[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/ubnnh.jpg[IMG]
[/QUOTE]

I recommend Mantra of Healing with the Time of Need rune if you're going to be stacking resists

C.Dark.DN

Banned
No, every time you beat Diablo you have to rehire your follower at the spot they are at when you dismiss them. They will always be unlocked right away in every difficulty after normal.
They are hiding in New Tristram somewhere I suppose. I didn't see them. I never used them in Act 1.

MrDenny

Just found some magic boots with 20% mf and 200 dex.
I don't see any listings with that high of dex and mf.
Does anyone know what its worth?

FtHTiny

So, Wizards.

I haven´t even heard or tried what you just said and i´m in act 4 inferno. Watched trumps stream yesterday for a bit and he uses 2 different specs aswell.

The only really spell that´s kinda necessary is force armor. Magic weapon is just to compensate on gear.

Yoshichan

They are hiding in New Tristram somewhere I suppose. I didn't see them. I never used them in Act 1.
They're in all the towns.

V_Arnold

So, Wizards.

I am theorycrafting so much that it is not even funny.
Wizard is full of great potential, but you really need to find your sweet spots.

But yes: if you do not have something AMAZING going on, you will find 143%+ magic missile + arcane torrent (Disruption) sooner or later, and that one is simply amazing for what it does. I have found it myself without looking for any guide, and used it all the way through hell/Inferno Act 1. But nowadays I have managed to find awesome variations of it, lol :D

Just a few interesting things:
1) Familiar > Magic Weapon, if you only have one slot.
Fiery familiar shoots FIRE spells. And with Conflag passive, you not only have +12% plus the 20% it shoots with usually half of your attacks, but you also have a +10% on all sources. Awesome debuffer on group play as well. Add the arcane torrent+disruption into the fray, and you have got a nice stew of glass cannoning going on.

2) You wanna be a tank, hm?
Teleport+damage reduction rune for 4 sec + Illusionist passive ->win. Very micro-intensive, but can save lives in Inferno.

3) Another interesting build for handling hard groups is the Arcane MINE. That shit reduces attack speed as well and slows, which means you can ignore the arcane slow passive, so you have one free slot. Add something like the 5 stack -> +75% damage on next cast (and torrent is channeled, as far as I know, so if you empty your whole arcane power on it, you will have crazy damaging missiles on that shit) instead, and you can have crazy setups going on.

I am still looking for THE build, but there are so many possibilities. My favorite defensive ability that still does shitton of damage is the wave of force rune with stun property.

Yup. They're boring as fuck. And I've tried all the good builds in the game for several hours.

They are only boring if you lack IMAGINATION :p

Yoshichan

I lack imagination.

You heard it here first folks.

edit: Oh and the "fun" builds mentioned above are actually boring as fuck. I can name 10 additional builds that I've tried and they're all boring as-well.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Just found some magic boots with 20% mf and 200 dex.
I don't see any listings with that high of dex and mf.
Does anyone know what its worth?
A fuckton. Anything above 17% mf last I checked is amazingly valuable already and stacked DEX make it DH viable to swap in.

jersoc

weapon farming semi paid off, got a weapon just shy of 900 dps. crap stats, but still gives me 500 more dps than the one i had before.

I am theorycrafting so much that it is not even funny.
Wizard is full of great potential, but you really need to find your sweet spots.

But yes: if you do not have something AMAZING going on, you will find 143%+ magic missile + arcane torrent (Disruption) sooner or later, and that one is simply amazing for what it does. I have found it myself without looking for any guide, and used it all the way through hell/Inferno Act 1. But nowadays I have managed to find awesome variations of it, lol :D

Just a few interesting things:
1) Familiar > Magic Weapon, if you only have one slot.
Fiery familiar shoots FIRE spells. And with Conflag passive, you not only have +12% plus the 20% it shoots with usually half of your attacks, but you also have a +10% on all sources. Awesome debuffer on group play as well. Add the arcane torrent+disruption into the fray, and you have got a nice stew of glass cannoning going on.

2) You wanna be a tank, hm?
Teleport+damage reduction rune for 4 sec + Illusionist passive ->win. Very micro-intensive, but can save lives in Inferno.

3) Another interesting build for handling hard groups is the Arcane MINE. That shit reduces attack speed as well and slows, which means you can ignore the arcane slow passive, so you have one free slot. Add something like the 5 stack -> +75% damage on next cast (and torrent is channeled, as far as I know, so if you empty your whole arcane power on it, you will have crazy damaging missiles on that shit) instead, and you can have crazy setups going on.

I am still looking for THE build, but there are so many possibilities. My favorite defensive ability that still does shitton of damage is the wave of force rune with stun property.

They are only boring if you lack IMAGINATION :p

This actually works? I wanted to try that exact thing out, but it seemed crazy to me so I didn't bother.

m31

Reached lvl 60 with my hc monk yesterday. Feels good :) It also feels great that lvl 50-60 stuff in AH is still in short supply and worth a ton.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
I recommend Mantra of Healing with the Time of Need rune if you're going to be stacking resists
Mantra of Healing will now correctly provide only two times the base healing effect for the first 3 seconds after activation, down from four times the base healing effect (tooltip will still show the old value)
I don't care for it at all after that change and my armor resist is about the same so it's giving me the same benefit with an added 15/30% dodge chance which is much better damage mitigation for me.

StayDead

My wizard build is currently this. I'm in love with it. I'm not on Inferno yet, but I'm the man who freezes every guy who comes near me.

Blizzard (chance to freeze)
Frost Nova (5 froze I get crits)
Frost Armor (every time I get hit, I get armor)
Teleport (Passive defense afterwards)
Magic Familiar (Sparkflint)

I use the cold blooded thing, glass cannon and galvatising ward. I can basically kite and kill everything with no issues what so ever.

Still not sure what primary to use, but a tome I got off a friend for level 60 will make me change up my skills alot due to the bonus arcane damage. I'm really enjoying it though, it's no way near boring, you don't have to have the highest damage in the world, if anything it's better to have some survivability as well (just ignore the buffs!)

V_Arnold

This actually works? I wanted to try that exact thing out, but it seemed crazy to me so I didn't bother.

It will still not save someone from stuff like mortar BARRAGE (as in 10+missile going towards you from ARCHER elites, lol), but the better your defenses, the more you can get out of that one skill.

But I also reserve one slot for diamond skin in case I need to take the damage like a big boy, therefore its usefulness increases with the more reduction I have on my gear.

Volodja

I'm not bothering to play or gear my monk right now, getting a DH to Inferno to do that. Right now I have 12.5k DPS base at level 54 and 26k DPS stacked with crit.

http://i.imgur.com/aB2QU.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/ubnnh.jpg

You don't need to pray when you hit earthquake and Berserker.
Looking at this makes me develop a deep worry for the keys you have assigned to your spammable skills, considering that Transcedence seems to be your only way to recover life outside of potions.
It sure would be nice if at least one of our healing mechanisms scaled after level 60.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
My wizard build is currently this. I'm in love with it. I'm not on Inferno yet, but I'm the man who freezes every guy who comes near me.

Blizzard (chance to freeze)
Frost Nova (5 froze I get crits)
Frost Armor (every time I get hit, I get armor)
Teleport (Passive defense afterwards)
Magic Familiar (Sparkflint)

I use the cold blooded thing, glass cannon and galvatising ward. I can basically kite and kill everything with no issues what so ever.

Still not sure what primary to use, but a tome I got off a friend for level 60 will make me change up my skills alot due to the bonus arcane damage. I'm really enjoying it though, it's no way near boring, you don't have to have the highest damage in the world, if anything it's better to have some survivability as well (just ignore the buffs!)
Get a belt with chance to freeze on hit too :p
Looking at this makes me develop a deep worry for the keys you have assigned to your spammable skills, considering that Transcedence seems to be your only way to recover hps outside of potions.
It sure would be nice if at least one of our healing mechanisms scaled after level 60.
If I had a monk fist that gave me 800 life on hit, had 700+DPS, and life per spirit spent I'd probably faint. Then sell it for 30 million. At least it mostly works and I can live more then 4 seconds.
I've got my IAS Dagger to boost my ATKSPD to 2.92 if I need even more spirit. Might even exchange some boots and helm for IAS items if I need to. I'd need some godly rings though.

Also I have a mechanical keyboard so don't worry. I've had a lot of fun purposefully slamming keys as hard as possible. It makes combat more entertaining.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom