• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT3| Turn On Elective Mode, Get an Authenticator

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
That was funny to watch :lol

eek5

For people who farm A2, are there good spots to get guaranteed stacks of Valor? Helped someone with the end boss for A2 today and decided to try to get 5 stacks before we did it.. it took forever to find enough packs. What are some of the good spots? I thought the shadow area was going to be good but there were only 2 there. Also I'd like to try to avoid desert areas if possible because champion wasps are annoying as fuck especially if they get shields

LordCanti

You guys know that legendary hand crossbow I rolled? The lowest one in the AH is 20k. I don't think they'll get that much for it either, because there are auctions going that are at like 2k with a 20k buyout.

I'm not bothering to play or gear my monk right now, getting a DH to Inferno to do that. Right now I have 12.5k DPS base at level 54 and 26k DPS stacked with crit.

Here is my half geared Level 60 Monk Stats with Evade Aura on (Dodge and Armor boosted). With my VIT/DEX dagger and no my IAS dagger.
aB2QU.jpg

ubnnh.jpg

You don't need to pray when you hit earthquake and Berserker.

That's the oppostie of how I roll my monk. Maybe that's why I can't past Skeletton king on hell and had such an hard time on nightmare...

eek5

There should be a "pray to god" mechanic for Barbs.

It's a cooldown ability; Barb screams to the heavens and it gives you a percentage chance to avoid certain enemy modifiers. If Templar is tagging along, percentage boost. If Tyrael is tagging along, he gives a slight chuckle.

WotB already avoids CC. It's great when you come up against the ice bombs; you can just go WotB and focus things down without having to run.

Volodja

Get a belt with chance to freeze on hit too :p

If I had a monk fist that gave me 800 life on hit, had 700+DPS, and life per spirit spent I'd probably faint. Then sell it for 30 million. At least it mostly works and I can live more then 4 seconds.
I've got my IAS Dagger to boost my ATKSPD to 2.92 if I need even more spirit. Might even exchange some boots and helm for IAS items if I need to. I'd need some godly rings though.

Also I have a mechanical keyboard so don't worry. I've had a lot of fun purposefully slamming keys as hard as possible. It makes combat more entertaining.
I would probably rely on Transcedence more as well if I had any decent +crit chance gear and higher attack speed, right now I am forced to use Peaceful Repose and Breath of Heaven because my crits are too sparse for Quickening to fuel a decent spamming strategy.
The ideal would be a really good Life on hit weapon with decent speed, like you said but that's not gonna happen, I fear.
Do you have any life per spirit spent besides the 62 from transcedence?

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
That's the oppostie of how I roll my monk. Maybe that's why I can't past Skeletton king on hell and had such an hard time on nightmare...
There's a lot of other viable stuff for NM and Hell. No need to go full tank/cooldown or IAS/Crit or all ranged/armor/debuff just yet :)
I would probably rely on Transcedence more as well if I had any decent +crit chance gear and higher attack speed, right now I am forced to use Peaceful Repose and Breath of Heaven because my crits are too sparse for Quickening to fuel a decent spamming strategy.
Do you have any life per spirit spent besides the 62 from transcedence?
None, and no large amount of life per hit either. Those are the next big big items I need.

Other problem is getting any more res all gear + dex + vit, plus replacing the +IAS gear I have is going to be incredibly expensive and I'd rather get a DH to Inferno to farm (54 now).
JUST managed to kill the final boss on Nightmare right before the server shutdown. Monk's Ally ability is a real savior in keeping enemies occupied long enough to heal.
Yup, I've swapped Earth ally in a large number of times to help. Great alt skill. So are a lot of other Monk abilities that are viable imo. I've played with at least 5 other builds that work vs regular mobs. Problem is dealing with elites and bosses. Works out that a tankier build is just fine at killing regular mobs so I just run with it all the time, especially because of NV buff.

JUST managed to kill the final boss on Nightmare right before the server shutdown. Monk's Ally ability is a real savior in keeping enemies occupied long enough to heal.

Fuck me dead, I have been working my ass off all day and have been HANGING to get some time to play and now it's offline? Fuck the future, this is bullshit.

eek5

There's a lot of other viable stuff for NM and Hell. No need to go full tank/cooldown or IAS/Crit or all ranged/armor/debuff just yet :)

None, and no large amount of life per hit either. Those are the next big big items I need.

Other problem is getting any more res all gear + dex + vit, plus replacing the +IAS gear I have is going to be incredibly expensive and I'd rather get a DH to Inferno to farm (54 now).

Yup, I've swapped Earth ally in a large number of times to help. Great alt skill. So are a lot of other Monk abilities that are viable imo. I've played with at least 5 other builds that work vs regular mobs. Problem is dealing with elites and bosses. Works out that a tankier build is just fine at killing regular mobs so I just run with it all the time, espcially because of NV buff.

What secondary resist stat are you using right now?

I was full dex. No vit at all. Alterning for armor/dodge buff to pure dps buff. I was dying instantly though. Now I need to add some vit. I have no problem with mobs. Champions fine. Boss and elite one shot whatever I do.

I love air ally skill. The dps aoe with the distraction is really good

You guys know that legendary hand crossbow I rolled? The lowest one in the AH is 20k. I don't think they'll get that much for it either, because there are auctions going that are at like 2k with a 20k buyout.

Told you

There is no reason to ever use it

Ever

It's a completely worthless POS

LordCanti

Told you

There is no reason to ever use it

Ever

It's a completely worthless POS

If I could set a digital thing on fire, I'd do it to this hand crossbow.

I can't even sell it for the 10k or so I'd get, because it's not worth the auction slot. There is nothing I can do with it other than dumping it in the vendor or holding it forever.

Atrus

Gold Member
Blizzard, This Supposed To Be A Challenge Or Just Bullsh*t?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ERKmeGdyflQ

We actually left the entire game, came back, and not only was the elite still in that same general area, but he actually had MORE friends to help him the next time. Why? lol

Completely impossible.

Based on the levels it looks like its on Hell and that it'd a Witch Doctor and Demon Hunter. I've next to no experience with the WD but the Demon Hunter should use Screaming skulls and funnel mobs through doorways in this dungeon.

Pop smokescreen and fall back to the previous arch if they teleport through and then you can double back on them again to where they were and go back and forth. Screaming skulls and Valley of death can be used to tightly control the worst mobs in narrow spaces, barring invulnerable minions or shielding.

I've had worse soulripper combinations in the same dungeon and managed to take them out solo. I'm sure the WD would have simply allowed for more CC options.

MrDaravon

Just started playing on Saturday, is the server maintenance always on Tuesdays and always for 8 hours? I'm on the east coast and Tuesdays are my day off, I'm going to be pretty genuinely unhappy if that's the case.

For people who farm A2, are there good spots to get guaranteed stacks of Valor? Helped someone with the end boss for A2 today and decided to try to get 5 stacks before we did it.. it took forever to find enough packs. What are some of the good spots? I thought the shadow area was going to be good but there were only 2 there. Also I'd like to try to avoid desert areas if possible because champion wasps are annoying as fuck especially if they get shields

I usually take the WP to Path to the Oasis, and just run around there along with the adjacent oasis section. Usually get a full stack of 5 just from those two areas, but don't forget there is a champion pack right outside the end boss if you only get to 4.

You also avoid the wasps since there are none in the area.

V_Arnold

If I could set a digital thing on fire, I'd do it to this hand crossbow.

I can't even sell it for the 10k or so I'd get, because it's not worth the auction slot. There is nothing I can do with it other than dumping it in the vendor or holding it forever.

So wait a second, instead of treating that drop as something funny, you are raging over a virtual item NOT bieng as powerful as other virtual items could be?

I am sorry, but at this point, you could rage at white items dropping instead of perfect rare drops, fundamentally it would not make a difference.

Relax, and be more positive, it will do wonders for you :p

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
What secondary resist stat are you using right now?
Physical resistance + All resist. Like I said, I'm half geared atm.
Very expensive, but I'm hoping a patch comes to make Inferno less 'spiky' and I can free up that passive slot.

Honestly thinking about selling some of the great gear I have atm and just rebuying later because better items will just keep being found. Depends how much time I put in.
I was full dex. No vit at all. Alterning for armor/dodge buff to pure dps buff. I was dying instantly though. Now I need to add some vit. I have no problem with mobs. Champions fine. Boss and elite one shot whatever I do.

I love air ally skill. The dps aoe with the distraction is really good
Earth gives you a 10% HP boost and forces enemies to attack it which I really like.

I had stacking VIT in Hell before I got my hands on Inferno resist gear.

Anustart

Just beat normal for the first time right before servers went down, good times. Thank god for my giant zombie that kept the big d occupied most of the time.

Can't wait to get through nightmare and hell so the real fun (work) can begin.

LordCanti

So wait a second, instead of treating that drop as something funny, you are raging over a virtual item NOT bieng as powerful as other virtual items could be?

I am sorry, but at this point, you could rage at white items dropping instead of perfect rare drops, fundamentally it would not make a difference.

Relax, and be more positive, it will do wonders for you :p

There is a much bigger disappointment factor to seeing an orange thing drop and having it be so low stat (even for its level) that it is completely useless. Blizzard really dropped the ball.

I'm not salty though

Okay, I'm a little salty :3

V_Arnold

There is a much bigger disappointment factor to seeing an orange thing drop and having it be so low stat (even for its level) that it is completely useless. Blizzard really dropped the ball.

I'm not salty though

Okay, I'm a little salty.

But the thing is: there ARE amazing legendaries out there. Just check the last few pages, there are easily million+ AMAZING legendaries that can be useful and fun as well.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Sometimes I'm glad I play Monk.
qaqZC.jpg

How much should I list this for?
MijWt.png
At least 1 mil imo, but AH is down, and maybe it's flooded with higher mf gear now.
Check other mf boots that are level 54+ and 18% or higher.
But the thing is: there ARE amazing legendaries out there. Just check the last few pages, there are easily million+ AMAZING legendaries that can be useful and fun as well.
You mean there are some legendaries that aren't complete shit and their only worthwhile stat is IAS on things that normally don't have it. You only have to give up 5000HP, 150 of your primary stat, and resistances.

I imagine this makes him feel worse not better. Great legendaries out there...but yours isn't one of them! Haha.

Just started playing on Saturday, is the server maintenance always on Tuesdays and always for 8 hours? I'm on the east coast and Tuesdays are my day off, I'm going to be pretty genuinely unhappy if that's the case.

You would hate playing WoW then. Especially patch days :p

But yes, we've had server maintenance in the same time slot as the typical WoW one on Tuesdays this week and last week. There is no indication if this will be a regular thing later on in the lifecycle of the game, but with still unstable servers and frequent patches in store, I'd expect it for the foreseeable near future. They do announce it when it's going to be down like this though.

V_Arnold

I imagine this makes him feel worse not better. Great legendaries out there...but yours isn't one of them! Haha.

Yeah, I am trying to unlock that out of him until it is so obvious that he flips over and becomes a relaxed sea of joy and happiness.

I could be salty over my friend having an AMAZING set witch doctor offhand with INSANE stats and selling it for 2+million while I farmed 500k+ gold in about...15 hours or more grind in the past days. Justice? Lol, this is DIABLO! :D

Danis

Neo Member
I may have missed it in the first week or so of the games release... but it seems there should be more of an outcry from gamers about not being able to use something you've bought and paid for. I just got back into PC gaming for Diablo... is this a normal thing? Totally accepted? How often does Blizzard do this? The last game of theirs I played was Warcraft III.

I have off work today, and I was planning on playing from 6-3 EST.... servers are going to be down that entire time it seems. So.. my day is pretty much shot. Pretty miffed here....

LordCanti

lO7aC.jpg

Yeah, I am trying to unlock that out of him until it is so obvious that he flips over and becomes a relaxed sea of joy and happiness.

I could be salty over my friend having an AMAZING set witch doctor offhand with INSANE stats and selling it for 2+million while I farmed 500k+ gold in about...15 hours or more grind in the past days. Justice? Lol, this is DIABLO! :D

I got a Witch Doctor Set Knife, which gave me a loot high for all of twenty minutes. Best twenty minutes ever.

(My frustration was mostly because I'd been at five stacks of NV for hours, getting nothing but junk, and then I found a legendary that was a bigger piece of junk than the junk I had found :p)

eek5

Physical resistance + All resist. Like I said, I'm half geared atm.
Very expensive, but I'm hoping a patch comes to make Inferno less 'spiky' and I can free up that passive slot.

Honestly thinking about selling some of the great gear I have atm and just rebuying later because better items will just keep being found. Depends how much time I put in.

Earth gives you a 10% HP boost and forces enemies to attack it which I really like.

I had stacking VIT in Hell before I got my hands on Inferno resist gear.

That's kind of brutal since Barbs try to get those two but I guess you can score on some non-str dex/phys/ra that no Barbs will touch.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
God, I wish I could have sex with the enchantress.

I got the impression that she's a lesbian though :/

Bioware should've made this game.

MrDaravon

You would hate playing WoW then. Especially patch days :p

But yes, we've had server maintenance in the same time slot as the typical WoW one on Tuesdays this week and last week. There is no indication if this will be a regular thing later on in the lifecycle of the game, but with still unstable servers and frequent patches in store, I'd expect it for the foreseeable near future. They do announce it when it's going to be down like this though.

Yeah, I found their patch heads up on the forums, didn't show one from last tuesday though, and all of the previous downtimes were only 1-3 hours :/. I'd be less upset if it had shown it on the in-game Breaking News yesterday, I would have slept in today. So tired, and my best friend just got the game last night and this is his day off as well and we were going to play today, sad times.

lO7aC.jpg

I got a Witch Doctor Set Knife, which gave me a loot high for all of twenty minutes. Best twenty minutes ever.

(My frustration was mostly because I'd been at five stacks of NV for hours, getting nothing but junk, and then I found a legendary that was a bigger piece of junk than the junk I had found :p)
I know that feel bro. I got a 350 dps legendary yesterday.

The high, then the epic low.

GorillaJu

So many incredible benefits to this game not having a single player mode. For one, you can take your multiplayer character online and play with other multiplayer characters!

And really no downsides, either. It's Blizzard so you'd never expect their servers to be going down with any real frequency, or bugging out to the point that the game can't be played.

If it were a small company with limited funds, you could understand apprehension, because what if the game were unreliable, laggy, or the servers were completely unresponsive for large periods of time?

Thankfully, Blizzard has pretty much unlimited resources and considering the period of time they'd been working on this game, they've no doubt tested it far behind any requirements to make sure that the experience is positive for anyone who pays $60 (or $100) to rent their game.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
That's kind of brutal since Barbs try to get those two but I guess you can score on some non-str dex/phys/ra that no Barbs will touch.
Yeah, that's the plan.

I have two very nice pieces of armor that already had res all and phys res so I went with it. I scooped up two decent fire res pieces just in case.

I really should sell my boots and gloves for a mil+ though and go that route.

I'll probably just transfer them to my DH for at least a bit.
5% crit, 15% IAS, phys res + res all gloves with DEX
12% move speed, 100+dex, vit, phys res, res all boots :D

I cannot express how disappointing it is that we need the same weekly down time as WoW, I thought maybe last week was a launch debacle thing, but no, it looks like it's the normal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom