• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT3| Turn On Elective Mode, Get an Authenticator

Status
Not open for further replies.

LordCanti

When you mean 100% crit xbow, do you mean a high dps xbow with a socket in that you'll put a emerald in?

There are crossbows that go up to 100% extra critical damage without the socket. Add another 50-70% with the socket, and you've got something amazing for DH's.

They're all in the tens of millions though. I'm hoping for a socketed crossbow (or a rolled 60% Crit), 900+ DPS, for maybe 200k or so. So far...no dice.

I cannot log into my account on battle.net or diablo 3. I attached a mobile authenticator to it which worked two days ago. But now when I try to log in it doesnt accept the code it generates. I get a 315300 error.

I cannot even log in to submit a ticket, what can i do?

Acidote

Got to Act II Inferno last night.

Ouch.

Also got my first legendary while helping a friend in Hell ¬¬

DnG7s.jpg

15% attack speed
2% stolen life
1% chance of stun
-3 lvl required

Now to see for how much can I sell it since I play a wizard.

Morokh

I can't get anything but junk loot no matter where I go in Inferno. Act 1 is the fastest, even though there is a 0% chance of rolling one of the 1500 DPS weapons.

I'm in Act 1 Inferno, the last rare item I actually looted that would have been suited for my character was found in Act 2 Nightmare ....

LordCanti

Made it to Act 3 Inferno with my 12k HP DH. Imagine if they didn't nerf Smoke Screen? MAN....MAN.....MAN.

I wouldn't have to worry about going visible in a mob and getting one shot, that's for sure.

Anyone wanna buy this off me?

http://i.imgur.com/XLlZX.jpg

I would just for the MF on the weapon. You probably want more than 22% MF is worth to me though lol.

Ahhhh.. gotcha. Damn, yea, that would be a sight to behold, especially as you said with the nicer gems as well.

But I dunno, 200k!?, that seems pretty damn low.

I've missed out on a couple near that price. People put them up without thinking and then they go in minutes. There are 850 ones in the 250k range that fit the bill, but my current bow is a 900 DPS/90 dex one, and I don't know that 850 is going to be an improvement.

Wedge7

There are crossbows that go up to 100% extra critical damage without the socket. Add another 50-70% with the socket, and you've got something amazing for DH's.

They're all in the tens of millions though. I'm hoping for a socketed crossbow (or a rolled 60% Crit), 900+ DPS, for maybe 200k or so. So far...no dice.

Ahhhh.. gotcha. Damn, yea, that would be a sight to behold, especially as you said with the nicer gems as well.

But I dunno, 200k!?, that seems pretty damn low.

Dont "shitty" regular clean xbows with that kinda damage go for that, with the socket.

Shouta

Man, Inferno Act 3 is pretty ridiculous for monk. There are probably a few possible builds to use but honestly, it's just not fun having to play a certain style to even stand a chance. It's one thing to make it have gear requirements but it's another to shoehorn a class to play a certain way to even do anything. It's pretty frustrating especially because there are some obvious glaring holes in the design for monk when it comes to end-game.

BigDug13

Invulnerable Vortex Jailers are the worst. :|

It wouldn't be hard to make them more balanced. Right now they're corporeal so their shields block all the AE's from hitting the master and attacks like leaping spiders and pets continue to wail on them as if they're able to be killed. If I was able to shoot Attacks Through them, it wouldn't suck as bad as it does. But as of now, they're just revolving shields that hit hard.

LordCanti

So no one else has had a problem with the mobile authenticator?

Nope. Did you use the restore feature (or whatever) on the authenticator?

Man, Inferno Act 3 is pretty ridiculous for monk. There are probably a few possible builds to use but honestly, it's just not fun having to play a certain style to even stand a chance. It's one thing to make it have gear requirements but it's another to shoehorn a class to play a certain way to even do anything. It's pretty frustrating especially because there are some obvious glaring holes in the design for monk when it comes to end-game.

For all their work to diversify skills, it all comes down to one or two builds per class that are Inferno viable. I guess they don't care since 80% (going by their announced numbers) of players still haven't passed level 30, but it sucks for everyone in the endgame.

balddemon

Banned
So no one else has had a problem with the mobile authenticator?

nope im using it on my ipod touch and it works just fine. i was surprised that it works without an internet connection though. which is awesome btw

i would suggest restoring it or w/e the app tells you to do under Help.

goober

Passives: Tough as Nails, Nerves of Steel, Your Choice

Skills:
Frenzy/Side Arm
War Cry/Impunity
Revenge/Provocation
Wrath of The Berserker/Insanity

The other 2 skills are up to you. Furious Charge with 8% life on hit is good for breaking (or at least moving) when you're in CC and also really good for emergency heals when you get swarmed and revenge isn't procing. Ground Stomp is a good defensive skill. I like Sprint once you get more geared up so you can farm faster and it allows you to dodge a lot of attacks that you wouldn't normally be able to. Ignore Pain is also good in the beginning when you need to be more defensive. I'd probably go with 7s duration. I was using 20% life leech in Hell but it gets scaled down by 80% in inferno so you're only leeching 4% of your dmg which isn't enough. Battle rage with 30% damage is nice to combo with WotB as well since your DPS is going to be really low.

As far as gear goes, you want to start adding on +resist all as soon as possible. With War Cry's impunity you'll get a 50% bonus so i fyou can get your base around 300, you'll pretty much roll Act 1. Physical resist helps a lot too since you're in melee range a lot so if you can find pieces with both then good but if not it isn't a huge deal.

For armor you want to have at least 5-6k unbuffed. DPS should be 6k or more but higher is better. You'll need a minimum of 10k to beat the A1i boss but don't worry too much about sacrificing STR for VIT/RA.

Sword and board is probably best but you can get away with other builds probably (I haven't tried). If you go with a shield try to get as high of block chance shield as you can. If you want more block chance, Justice Lantern (legendary) gives another 11% which helps out a lot.

Also, I don't know if it's bugged but the tower looking shield (the lower level 60 one) has less armor but mitigates a much higher range of damage so if you can get a high 20-28% block chance version of that shield you should be pretty good for mitigating most of your blocked damage after you pass 700-900 resists (buffed).

For weapons you definitely want to get one with life on hit or one with a socket that you can drop an amethyst gem into. Life on hit doesn't get scaled based on difficulty (it gets scaled based on attack instead) so it is pretty good if you combine it with frenzy (which I think still gives you 75-80% of the life on hit per attack)

Thank you sir! I managed to defeat Diablo and started on Inferno. Can't handle the elite mobs for shit, though.

LordCanti

Does higher MG GF kick in as soon as you put on gear?

I believe so, yes. I switch to my MF gear for chests/as a champ is about to go down. I stay in my MF gear if I can, but sometimes I have to strap on the max DPS gear.

One of the level 59 rune unlocks for DH is Nether Tentacles for the elemental arrow, and holy shit is it overpowered. Slow projectiles that hit multiple times (for great damage) as they pass through enemies. Unmatched as far as DPS per point of hatred goes.

Going to enjoy it before it gets nerfed.

It's the only reason my 40k DPS (on crit) DH is Inferno Act IV viable (if you don't count champs).

If I had the gold, even champs go down like it's nothing as long as you've got the right gear. Which is...frustrating for those without it, to say the least.

I dunno, I still like ball lightning better, its hit box is just much bigger. And I use impale/hungering arrow against elites anyway.

For mobs, ball lightning for sure. For everything else, nether tentacles. It crits for way more damage.

One of the level 59 rune unlocks for DH is Nether Tentacles for the elemental arrow, and holy shit is it overpowered. Slow projectiles that hit multiple times (for great damage) as they pass through enemies. Unmatched as far as DPS per point of hatred goes.

Totakeke

I dunno, I still like ball lightning better, its hit box is just much bigger. And I use impale/hungering arrow against elites anyway.

I got it fixed.

In the bottom left hand corner of the code screen is an icon that re-syncs the authenicator to the server. That seemed to work for me.

Thanks.

Totakeke

For mobs, ball lightning for sure. For everything else, nether tentacles. It crits for way more damage.

Don't you guys, especially on max dps gear, have even more trouble with positioning against elites? You don't want the elites to even get near to you but when you shoot nether tentacles from far, it's more difficult to get them to hit the fast moving elites. Unless your dps is really really high that you don't even have to worry about kiting much.

I don't get why people are choosing impale over something like rapid fire with the chance to go through enemies rune. They're both OK, I guess, but impale drains hatred like no other. I've been using twin chakrams for the longest time. It makes quick work of mobs and can melt high hp enemies well enough, at a lower hatred hit.

Totakeke

I don't get why people are choosing impale over something like rapid fire with the chance to go through enemies rune. They're both OK, I guess, but impale drains hatred like no other. I've been using twin chakrams for the longest time. It makes quick work of mobs and can melt high hp enemies well enough, at a lower hatred hit.

You die ten times more if you stand still in inferno.

LordCanti

Don't you guys, especially on max dps gear, have even more trouble with positioning against elites? You don't want the elites to even get near to you but when you shoot nether tentacles from far, it's more difficult to get them to hit the fast moving elites. Unless your dps is really really high that you don't even have to worry about kiting much.

I get them lined up via caltrops, and then send the tentacles through.

It should be noted that my build isn't champ viable past act 1. There is one viable build for that, and I don't have the gold.

Cipherr

Just bought myself a 1200 dps 2h Crossbow. Hope this makes things easier.

You die ten times more if you stand still in inferno.

Yeah I use impale when I need to dump Hate quickly. Sometimes I dont have time to stand in a spot and slowly empty hate with a billion nether tent casts. Even with a crapload of attack speed sometimes that just takes to long. But with high IAS dumping hate on impales is incredibly fast.

zon

Yesterday I found a 960ish DPS staff with ~180 dex, 200+ vit and 15% IAS on the AH.

I bought it for 80k.

lol

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker

Blizzard™

C.Dark.DN

Banned

Can you give me a few builds to try out in Inferno Act 1? I'm getting pounded.

GDJustin

stuck my tongue deep inside Atlus' cookies
I literally just doubled my DPS from 3000 to 6000, in Act I Hell, for just 22K. I'm a Diablo noob and Hell was giving me trouble already so this should help significantly.

The trick? Reduced level requirement on weapons. Once you hit the high 40s or low 50s, hit the AH and run a search for weapons lvl range 59-60, with one of the search parameters "reduced level requirement = 10". This will show you lvl 60 weapons that are equippable by a lvl 50 character.

So I replaced a 200 DPS 2H with a 400 DPS 2H, just like that.

My new weapon isn't actually very good. The affixes are weak, DPS would be poor (for level 60), etc. It's just very very OP compared to what a lvl 50 char can normally expect to see. If you want to spend 50K, 100K... whatever you limit is, you can find better and better Reduced LVL Req. weapons this way with better and better affixes. I didn't care enough to double my price... I'm happy with 2X the DPS to smooth out Hell.

inky

Invulnerable Vortex Jailers are the worst. :|

Add arcane/desecration/molten and you just described my night right there. Every fucking thing I encountered was a variation from that, in tight corridors on my way to the Act I boss too. One of them even had minions who spawned little lasers of their own.
Done for the night, at least I snatched a 700dps axe for 150k =D

At which point of game people usually hit lvl 60 ?
I'm lvl 57 in act 2 of hell just before oasis

I hit it in the mid Act II iirc, but I did leave occasionally to help some friends and repeated a couple of areas. One of those friends I helped through Hell tonight didn't get to 60 when we defeated the final boss.

zon

I literally just doubled my DPS from 3000 to 6000, in Act I Hell, for just 22K. I'm a Diablo noob and Hell was giving me trouble already so this should help significantly.

The trick? Reduced level requirement on weapons. Once you hit the high 40s or low 50s, hit the AH and run a search for weapons lvl range 59-60, with one of the search parameters "reduced level requirement = 10". This will show you lvl 60 weapons that are equippable by a lvl 50 character.

So I replaced a 200 DPS 2H with a 400 DPS 2H, just like that.

My new weapon isn't actually very good. The affixes are weak, DPS would be poor (for level 60), etc. It's just very very OP compared to what a lvl 50 char can normally expect to see. If you want to spend 50K, 100K... whatever you limit is, you can find better and better Reduced LVL Req. weapons this way with better and better affixes. I didn't care enough to double my price... I'm wappy with 2X the DPS to smooth out Hell.

I more than tripled my dps with the staff I found on the AH. Went from 5k to over 16k. :D

ElyrionX

Yeah been wanting to say that it makes no sense for so many people to be compromised and hacked like that. Seems like every page you have someone new complaining about it.

Blizzard must be compromised or something. They probably know something about it too but are keeping mum for fear of the potential fallout.

Now, if only gaming journalists weren't so useles....

inky

Just found one of these in a barrel:

http://www.diablowiki.com/Plan:_Exalted_Dread_Shield

dont know if I should try to make some or sell the plans on the AH. my blacksmith is still only like level 7

Don't. I found the same one and got only mediocre results. It is a pretty expensive recipe too -materials wise- to try and roll a good shield. If you need a shield you are better off finding one for cheap on the AH.

Edit: I thought that was a lvl 60 shield, but in any case my advice remains. I believe some prices are getting adjusted in a coming patch.

Yeah been wanting to say that it makes no sense for so many people to be compromised and hacked like that. Seems like every page you have someone new complaining about it.

Blizzard must be compromised or something. They probably know something about it too but are keeping mum for fear of the potential fallout.

Now, if only gaming journalists weren't so useles....

Don't assume Blizzard has been compromised.

ElyrionX

Don't assume Blizzard has been compromised.

What other plausible explanation is there?

It's getting old seeing so many people say that "oh Blizzard hasn't said anything so it can't be a problem on their end".

What do you expect them to say? "We are having issues with hacked accounts so stop playing unless you have an authenticator while we figure it out"?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom