• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT3| Turn On Elective Mode, Get an Authenticator

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow, people are getting pings of around 100?

In Australia I sit around 300 ping and that's on a good day. Can't wait to see how hard inferno is gonna be.

Fuck blizzard for STILL not having an AU server.

I should note that my average ping is closer to 250ms when it stays green, during primetime.

It's been getting better though.

Unrelated - was going to update the OP with various stuffs, but I hit the character limit, even just adding some minor changes. So I have to get in there and do some major retooling before I can add anything more, which is somewhat more troublesome. I'm behind already in updates, so I'll try and crank it out sometime later today or tomorrow at the latest.

Also, about maintenance, this is a blue post from a couple days ago about the subject:

We won't necessarily have one every week or even every other week. It is similar to StarCraft II when we want to do updates (which during the first few weeks to months we will most likely have rather regularly to make sure we address issues) we will schedule these to coincide with the weekly maintenance as much as possible.

Was going to go in the OP, but as mentioned above, I hit the character limit and have to sink a fair amount of time doing major retooling to fit anything new in.

This, over and over again. I wish they'd only take the game down if it NEEDED it, and in the cases where it does (like today to apply the patch), I wish they'd do it for only the amount of time it takes to work on the game, and at a better time in the day. Having my shit down until 2pm is absurd. Especially because it's fucking Diablo and I play this shit single-player anyway. Makes me so mad. Oh well.
That being said, I'll be on when it's up. Hooks are fully in.

Also, Robert Pooner and the Spice Boys had me in fucking tears.

Try being in Southeast Asia where the downtime happens at 6 pm, just after most of us have finished work.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Around 50-60 ms here... like 100 at peak.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
EU seems down now as-well...

teh fuck?

Number45

Frenzy with Sidearm. You'll never look back.
Is it really that good? I hit 52 last night so started using Smite - every time I look at Sidearm I can't see the appeal. :/

Hell greeted me this morning with Illusionist Plagued Arcane Enchanted - so every clone could summon an arcane sentry. The first time I've had to walk away from a fight in this game. :'(

I think I might need to get rid of Ground Stomp (or at least change out Wrenching Smash), it's actually getting me killed because a) it stops Revenge from proccing and b) it traps me in the middle of the group with no means of escape. :p

My gear sucks, so that doesn't help at all, but I definitely need to tweak my build.

Kyoufu

Is it really that good? I hit 52 last night so started using Smite - every time I look at Sidearm I can't see the appeal. :/

Hell greeted me this morning with Illusionist Plagued Arcane Enchanted - so every clone could summon an arcane sentry. The first time I've had to walk away from a fight in this game. :'(

I think I might need to get rid of Ground Stomp (or at least change out Wrenching Smash), it's actually getting me killed because a) it stops Revenge from proccing and b) it traps me in the middle of the group with no means of escape. :p

My gear sucks, so that doesn't help at all, but I definitely need to tweak my build.

Smite is better if you can't take hits so the stunlock would prove beneficial.

Sidearm is better when you're beefy and can take on packs with ease.

Best escape is Furious Charge with Dreadnought rune. Nothing beats it.

Internet when D3 servers are up: "Fuck this stupid game, it sucks, why didn't Blizzard make Diablo 2-2?"

Internet when D3 servers are down: "Fuck this, I cannot play D3! Where are the servers, Blizzard? I need D3 daily!"

Make up your mind people.

Rufus

Internet when D3 servers are up: "Fuck this stupid game, it sucks, why didn't Blizzard make Diablo 2-2?"

Internet when D3 servers are down: "Fuck this, I cannot play D3! Where are the servers, Blizzard? I need D3 daily!"

Are those really the same people, or is it just your impression?

Number45

Smite is better if you can't take hits so the stunlock would prove beneficial.

Sidearm is better when you're beefy and can take on packs with ease.

Best escape is Furious Charge with Dreadnought rune. Nothing beats it.
Thanks, I'm thinking of taking both Ground Stomp and Leap out (Leap will be hard to lose though). Ignore Pain/Ignorance is Bliss is probably going in there, maybe I'll check out Charge/Dreadnought when I hit 58.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/barbarian#WVRSkP!Veb!YcbZbZ

Will give that a try tonight.

magicstop

I'm not seeing any of that. I'm certainly in the 2nd camp. I have my complaints about the game, sure, but one of the biggest complaints I have is that D3 is effectively a single player MMO hybrid, and I really just want a single player game with a separate multiplayer aspect (ala D2). Only D2 thing I want is the ability to avoid downtime and play without needing to be on a friggin' server.

And Frozen Orb.

elfinke

Wow, people are getting pings of around 100?

In Australia I sit around 300 ping and that's on a good day. Can't wait to see how hard inferno is gonna be.

Fuck blizzard for STILL not having an AU server.

Yeah it's pretty unreal that all these years, after all the monies from WoW that we still don't get one. Ah well. Though in saying that, with AH being region specific and a few other things like that, there is a few other things riding on the region that make it perhaps not worthwhile (or atleast would require a fair bit of tuning) this time around.

Morokh

It's not your first post like this, and seriously i don't see why that would be so weird..

You can find the game flawed in some (major) aspects and still want to take a look at everything it has to offer, especially when it's 'still' only two weeks from launch.

Random thought, let's say hypothetically I find nightmare the ideal difficulty level for my tastes. After I level up past a certain point however, I won't be able to play public games on that difficulty. So my options would be to create a whole new character and grind out 10 hrs of normal mode to get another character to nightmare or play a harder difficulty I wouldn't enjoy.

I guess my question is, should Blizz allow you to delevel your character if you want to play a difficulty level you've outpaced? Won't GW2 allow something like this?

LordCanti

Random thought, let's say hypothetically I find nightmare the ideal difficulty level for my tastes. After I level up past a certain point however, I won't be able to play public games on that difficulty. So my options would be to create a whole new character and grind out 10 hrs of normal mode to get another character to nightmare or play a harder difficulty I wouldn't enjoy.

I guess my question is, should Blizz allow you to delevel your character if you want to play a difficulty level you've outpaced? Won't GW2 allow something like this?

I don't think they're going to spend the resources to patch in something that a very small subset of players would ever use. I think they said 80% of everyone isn't even through normal ATM. The amount of people through nightmare that want to...delevel so they can stay on nightmare quests, is probably low.

I feel your pain, but it's not going to happen.

erpg

GAF parliamentarian

Yes, Guild Wars 2 does downlevel you so that every piece of content in the game is always challenging (or uplevel you, making every PvP game level 80 content). I don't know how Diablo 3 would do it in normal and nightmare, because the game simply isn't balanced well. I think normal and nightmare are balanced around the player usually having gear 15 levels or more below them. So even if you were downleveled to 30 for nightmare, if your gear is reverted to 30 ilvl, you're way over what you should be and will be steamrolling everything.

I don't think they're going to spend the resources to patch in something that a very small subset of players would ever use. I think they said 80% of everyone isn't even through normal ATM. The amount of people through nightmare that want to...delevel so they can stay on nightmare quests, is probably low.

I feel your pain, but it's not going to happen.

What about PvP at a set level? They may turn experience gaining off so people can make twinks in the future. That could be a long long time though. And is probably just me dreaming. Actually, it seems fairly realistic, they have it in WoW IIRC. Who knows what the fuck Blizzard is going to do?

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
I may have missed it, but anyone know what's in the current patch they're working on at the moment? Tried to log in before work but couldn't due to server's being down for maintenance.

So you guys saw that China can't officially sell Diablo 3 so online retailers are selling it as pineapple because it's close to the sound of Diablo ?

Sophia

The reason why Sidearm is so good is because it hits for the full weapon damage of Frenzy - 110% weapon damage. Every time you hit with Frenzy, you get a 15% speed increase, up to five stacks. Sidearm has a 25% chance of activating. If you're hitting Frenzy as much as possible, it's a nice way of saying you have a 1/4 chance of hitting everything in your path.

For full damage.

Now imagine that with Battle Rage (45% damage increase, plus crit increase)

Now imagine that with Wrath of the Berserker with Insanity (100% damage increase plus TONS of additonal stat increase)

Now imagine those two together with Ignore Pain plus Ignorance is Bliss, which gives 20% of all life back for all damage you deal.

With a slow two hander at level 56-58, Hell difficulty, you're effectively smacking almost every single enemy in the room for around 35,000 per hit. And you're healing for roughly 20% of that thanks to Ignore Pain. And that's not even accounting for Revenge, which is also benefiting from Wrath + Battle Rage. And you're also getting health back from it.

That's why Sidearm is so good. The extra damage is just insane and with the right abilities and equipment you're unstoppable for as long as Wrath of the Berserker holds out and you have a target. And if you don't believe me, just check out Kungen's streams. He's effectively using the same setup as me, except with a one-hander + shield on Inferno. It makes slaughtering most champion packs pretty easy.

Unless you're going for a kite build, or you simply can't take any hits at all, Frenzy w/Sidearm is without question the best choice.

DSmalls84

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/item/uhkapian-serpent

So I sold a ring I found for a cool 1 mil and then decided to go and get my WD a sweet off hand. I know there are better rares then legendary items, but after playing D2 I really prefer to have unique weapons. This thing looks awesome and it's basically the WD holding a hand full of snakes! I will post some pictures later when Battle.net is up.

timmy

The diablo 3 community is literally made up of millions of people. You expect them all to have the same opinion?

Yoshichan

Is that better than Butcher farming? Or does Act 2 gear suck as much as Act 1 gear?

Act 1 is terrible.
Act 2 is better.

DSmalls84

Any Gaffers running Inferno groups? I played with 3 randoms yesterday and made it to the butcher, but there is no way I can solo it at this point (Well outside of white mobs and champion packs that have good rolls.)

Hmm which class would be best for MF gear ?

I'm customizing my deamon hunter for GF but having another char for item runs would be good.

I guess I could use same char with different gear but i'll need some variety ;)

Sophia

Well, guess I'm going to farm that if it isn't patched out today :lol

I think today's mostly going to be server issues and service bugfixes (fixing commodities for example..)

Assuming that the patch is today and this isn't just stupid long maintenance. =P

So you guys saw that China can't officially sell Diablo 3 so online retailers are selling it as pineapple because it's close to the sound of Diablo ?

Anyone ? " dà bōluó - big pineapple cal 3, multi language, asian servers "

Capture%20d%E2%80%99%C3%A9cran%202012-05-29%20%C3%A0%2014.29.15.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom