• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT3| Turn On Elective Mode, Get an Authenticator

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deadly

farm the pony level on inferno for endgame items. It´s really once you get the hang of it.
I tried it yesterday. The elites fucking destroyed us. We only managed to kill one pack because they got bugged in the north-west corner. Even then it took us awhile because we couldn't go full dps on it since it had reflect damage.

Made it to Act IV on Nightmare with my monk this weekend, I'm sitting at level 50 now. I've had a ton of fun experimenting with different skills but right now I'm pretty satisfied with what I have currently. Here's what I'm using right now.

I find that Deadly Reach works very well with Inner Sanctuary since you can use Inner Sanctuary to keep enemies from reaching you and still manage to hit everyone thanks to the range of Deadly Reach. I basically just use IS and remain stationary right in the middle while picking of all of the enemies surrounding me. Exploding Palm is my go to skill in large groups of fairly weak mobs for obvious reasons and I keep Seven-Sided Strike around as an "oh crap" skill for when I'm in trouble. It also works well as a way to quickly finish off a mob who's been hit by Exploding Palm recently. Breath of Heaven has been a staple of my build for a very long time because of the simple fact that I love having a heal readily available and it's great for healing other people in co-op. I tend to switch my Mantra around quite frequently but right now I'm using Conviction and Dishearten (at least when I play alone) to slow enemies down when they get close to me.

As far as my passives go they are all pretty standard; Transcendence for the extra healing, The Guardian's Path for the dodge bonus when dual-wielding, and One With Everything to get my resistances up. I've gotten in the habit recently of stacking one type of resistance (in this case fire) to bring all of my other one's up, it's kind of a no-brainer with this passive but it's very impressive how well it works.

So that's where I'm at now. I'm new to Diablo so this experience has been great fun to me so far, can't wait to see how I'm forced to change things up once I get to Hell.

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
Can you access that level on all difficulties once you get the staff?

I heard you need to upgrade it for each difficulty, right? Can someone write up (in spoiler tags) how you get the pony level in inferno?

200,000/500,000/1,000,000G uprade pattern for each difficulty.

How/where?

Archie

Second-rate Anihawk
So I can't access Diablo 3 right now? zzz

Looks like I'll play the Median XL mod until servers come back up.

FtHTiny

I tried it yesterday. The elites fucking destroyed us. We only managed to kill one pack because they got bugged in the north-west corner. Even then it took us awhile because we couldn't go full dps on it since it had reflect damage.

First of, i´m a wizard but dh and wd from my ts-group solo it aswell.
Bears with fast or invul are the only real danger in there.
Ponys have a little map-trick/abuse to go down easily

The great thing about the pony level is you can grab a 5-stack in act 1 befor going into the level at all. And the really good thing about the level is you get like 20 happy clouds and maybe a pinata after you have done the level. So switch into 300% mf gear and collect 20+ chests.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Someone posted this on the official forums under the DH sub. I lol'd pretty hard.

- All enemy attacks now inflict (129 - total_item_level)% of your max HP in damage. Total item level with all Act 4 Inferno gear is about 30.

- SS removed. We want to "be in for the long haul" and feel that this ability helped players progress too quickly, and ultimately believe this will increase the game's longevity.

- Hungering Arrow no longer homes in on Soul Rippers, Corrupted Angels, or visible Terror Demons. We felt that striking these enemies instantly from a screen or more away was overpowered and unfair.

- Vault delay increased by 50% before jumping. We felt that players often got a false sense of belief that their Vault was going to be able to get them away from a melee attack.

- Slow resistance on all enemies increased by 50%. We felt that enormous enemies with the Fast affix still moved too slowly through Caltrops to pose a threat at all to a Demon Hunter.

- Shadow Power: Gloom now cannot prevent more than 100% of your HP in damage. We feel this change puts it in line with the Wizard's Energy Armor: Force Armor now.

- Spike Trap can no longer critically strike. We felt that players being able to one-shot, or nearly one-shot, elites did not make for compelling or exciting gameplay.

I still don't believe that Blizzard has addressed all of our concerns with Inferno with these patch notes, so feel free to use this thread to request more fixes and hopefully we can make this balance patch work out and really improve Diablo 3.

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
Act 3 Quartermaster near the priest and followers.

So you cant upgrade it to the highest level if you actually havent made it to act 3 Inferno yet?

so basically my options are when i get home from work in 2 hours:

1) PLay The Witcher II (Ive lost all interest since Diablo)
2) Play unopened Akai Katana Shin
3) Play tekken vs SF
4) Watch video runs of Diablo 3 :(

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
so basically my options are when i get home from work in 2 hours:

3) Play tekken vs SF
1) Good choice
2) Not bad
3) SFxJab
4) Play on EU/Asia

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
3) Play tekken vs SF

I'll do a Hazaro:

1) Fuck yes.
2) No
3) No
4) No
5) Go to .1)

Number45

That's why Sidearm is so good. The extra damage is just insane and with the right abilities and equipment you're unstoppable for as long as Wrath of the Berserker holds out and you have a target. And if you don't believe me, just check out Kungen's streams. He's effectively using the same setup as me, except with a one-hander + shield on Inferno. It makes slaughtering most champion packs pretty easy.
That helps, was worried that I need a 2h to make it work. I still think my gear will be a limitation for now, but I'm definitely going to give it a whirl tonight.

Unless you're going for a kite build, or you simply can't take any hits at all, Frenzy w/Sidearm is without question the best choice.
I can take a few hits, but not too many. That should improve.

Thanks for all the input on this. :)

colinp

Banned
Anyone ? " dà bōluó - big pineapple cal 3, multi language, asian servers "

Capture%20d%E2%80%99%C3%A9cran%202012-05-29%20%C3%A0%2014.29.15.png

That's hilarious and inline with the sort of word play I understand is common in China. Good stuff!

MrDaravon

My goal while the servers are down are to either catch up on UMvC3 from UFGT8 (only caught most of the pre-game show and a bit of Friday Marvel, that's it) and play Witcher 2.

Sophia

That helps, was worried that I need a 2h to make it work. I still think my gear will be a limitation for now, but I'm definitely going to give it a whirl tonight.

I can take a few hits, but not too many. That should improve.

Thanks for all the input on this. :)

I don't have much resistance myself, and it's working out pretty well. As long as you're taking the passive that makes Vitality = Armor, you should be fine for Hell difficulty.

And yeah, it works with a one hander + shield as well. It's best with a two hander however, but obviously you're not doing that in Inferno past Act 1.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
Is it possible to farm normal mobs in Act 1 inferno before the skele king? The elite packs pound my face before getting the throne.

Or should I farm Act 4 Hell?

I only have 100k gold.

scy

Playing all weekend instead of posting and I'm still on the wall. Hm.

Anyway, got my DH and Wizard to Inferno so now I have three classes Inferno geared and ready. I'm half expecting all three to get destroyed at the same time in an upcoming patch, however. Oh well. DH is basically just glass cannon GF% and Wizard is in full out ridiculous kite mode (~3 Attacks Per Second if I can get a better weapon).

Seems weird that +25% Movement Speed is the cap. I could have gotten closer to 150% :(

And you can't skillfully aim it to burst on single targets.

Nether Tentacle is that, basically. It's pretty hilarious at melting some enemies down. It made Inferno Butcher even easier than he normally is :x

Ouch at those DH nerfs.

I can understand SS nerf but why also hit Vault which could be nice replacement ?

Hmm maybe i should gear up for maximum crit damage and life steal now because i got no idea how to protect DH now.

scy

Ouch at those DH nerfs.

I can understand SS nerf but why also hit Vault which could be nice replacement ?

Hmm maybe i should gear up for maximum crit damage and life steal now because i got no idea how to protect DH now.

Joke notes.

Life Per Hit is better than Life Steal%, for the record. Life Steal% gets scaled down in Inferno.

For some reason.

FtHTiny

Is it possible to farm normal mobs in Act 1 inferno before the skele king? The elite packs pound my face before getting the throne.

I only have 100k gold.

You could try to farm up to adria´s hut in inferno. So you get 2 minibosses that aren´t really to hard and if you don´t go into the cellars you shouldn´t see a rarepack.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Playing all weekend instead of posting and I'm still on the wall. Hm.

Anyway, got my DH and Wizard to Inferno so now I have three classes Inferno geared and ready. I'm half expecting all three to get destroyed at the same time in an upcoming patch, however. Oh well. DH is basically just glass cannon GF% and Wizard is in full out ridiculous kite mode (~3 Attacks Per Second if I can get a better weapon).

Seems weird that +25% Movement Speed is the cap. I could have gotten closer to 150% :(

Nether Tentacle is that, basically. It's pretty hilarious at melting some enemies down. It made Inferno Butcher even easier than he normally is :x
Ah, it is capped at 25% then? I had some buffs that should have put it at 28% but I figured they might have scaled funny.

Fuck you Blizzard.

I heard NT was even better than Ball, but I'm not 59 yet. Almost.

scy

I only have 100k gold.

If you have some Magic Find gear, you can take the Waypoint to the Ruins and check the the Treasure Goblin in the Dark Cellar (it's literally right around the corner). Boring as sin, though, but it takes all of 20 seconds to check and maybe a minute or so to clear if he's there.

RS4-

You could try to farm up to adria´s hut in inferno. So you get 2 minibosses that aren´t really to hard and if you don´t go into the cellars you shouldn´t see a rarepack.

So don't or do go into the cellars? And by cellars, you mean the ones on tristram road or something?

scy

Ah, it is capped at 25% then? I had some buffs that should have put it at 28% but I figured they might have scaled funny.

Fuck you Blizzard.

I heard NT was even better than Ball, but I'm not 59 yet. Almost.

+25% from Equipment. I hit +100% with Smokescreen + Tactical which is pretty hilarious. Personally, I'd gear around the 25% Movement as a base for DH/Wizard. 99% of my deaths in Inferno on my DH are when I'm kiting things faster than me. 25% Movement takes care of basically all but Extra Fast enemies.

NT can hit the same enemy multiple times. A full Hatred dump on my DH (~20k base DPS) and it's about half of the Butcher's HP on Inferno? It just straight up kills the bosses on Hell usually. Got the <2m Inferno Butcher kill this way with about a minute to spare.

So don't or do go into the cellars? And by cellars, you mean the ones on tristram road or something?

You could check them but the ones on the way to the Ruins can spawn a rare pack. The goblin in Tristram itself is probably the safest (and best) option for Act 1 farming but it's boring. Besides that, can kill Mira over and over as that takes no time to setup either.

SleazyC

If you have some Magic Find gear, you can take the Waypoint to the Ruins and check the the Treasure Goblin in the Dark Cellar (it's literally right around the corner). Boring as sin, though, but it takes all of 20 seconds to check and maybe a minute or so to clear if he's there.
They nerfed the shit out of this. Used to have a much higher pop rate.

LordCanti

The problem with Inferno Ponies is that...I don't know anyone that can open Inferno Ponies for me lol (or hell ponies for that matter).

(Thanks for the tip about the farm spot Hazaro. Thinking about it, unless the thing spawns by itself in a corner, I'd get slaughtered chasing it anyway. Going to have to see how doable it is)

C.Dark.DN

Banned
I made it up to A Shattered Crown and kept dying to a northern pack near the 3 dungeons that hold the crown. (These 4 skele dudes throwing fire patches and purple lines)

I did fine with the other rares or minibosses.

Is that short segment more profitable than farming something in hell?

GorillaJu

+25% from Equipment. I hit +100% with Smokescreen + Tactical which is pretty hilarious. Personally, I'd gear around the 25% Movement as a base for DH/Wizard. 99% of my deaths in Inferno on my DH are when I'm kiting things faster than me. 25% Movement takes care of basically all but Extra Fast enemies.

NT can hit the same enemy multiple times. A full Hatred dump on my DH (~20k base DPS) and it's about half of the Butcher's HP on Inferno? It just straight up kills the bosses on Hell usually. Got the <2m Inferno Butcher kill this way with about a minute to spare.

You could check them but the ones on the way to the Ruins can spawn a rare pack. The goblin in Tristram itself is probably the safest (and best) option for Act 1 farming but it's boring. Besides that, can kill Mira over and over as that takes no time to setup either.

I need to know what build you're running because my DH is shit in Inferno. From what I gather, you use Tactical and SS (probably with the extended time rune?), which I use.. Do you also use Nether Tentacle?

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Found a legendary... what can it be... what can it be...?

ty1Aw.png

tjohn86

Can anyone recommend anywhere for a barb to farm in act 1 inferno? I get destroyed in act 2 but the butcher and SK are boring as hell now. I must have killed the butcher 1000 times already.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom