• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT3| Turn On Elective Mode, Get an Authenticator

Status
Not open for further replies.

scy

Is it me or is it impossible to buy any boots with movement speed in the AH? Been checking for two days now and they never pop up.

It's funny how some things are underpriced (2 handers with very decent damage for under 10k) while other things are impossible to find.

Maybe it's time to craft me some movement speed boots...

If you're entering a minimum value, don't. It doesn't work.

No, I don't quite get it either.

chris-013

Yo D3GAF,

need help. Most of you know I'm playing HC and I'm at the end of Hell Act I right now. I haven't lvl'ed a SC DH which I kinda regret by now - so I need your help. How are my stats looking for the
Butcher
?

Ins18.jpg

Keep in mind: HC AH is non existing above lvl 50.

34k hp and 7k damage you really need to play verrrrrry bad to die against him.
I killed him with only 20k hp and 4k dps in SC !

You really don't need to worry about boss with your hp.

Is it me or is it impossible to buy any boots with movement speed in the AH? Been checking for two days now and they never pop up.

It's funny how some things are underpriced (2 handers with very decent damage for under 10k) while other things are impossible to find.

Maybe it's time to craft me some movement speed boots...

+dex +mf +mov speed for 150k !

smr00

Banned
It's your fault your father (account) beat you (got hacked) because you didn't put the dishes away the correct way (put an authenticator on account).

am I being over dramatic sure. No more than certain posters who are putting all the blame on the person who didn't put an aunthenticator on the account. Like I said, I agree, they should do everything they can, but to say it's their fault they were hacked... Eh, I'm not ready to go down that path.

and really, worst comparison? Must not listen to conservative radio in the US very often.
No, no it's not.

comparing an account getting hacked is nothing like being raped because of your clothes or being beat because you didn't put the dishes away.. Sorry but that is the dumbest fucking thing i have heard in a long time and if you actually believe it then words can't describe what kind of person you are.

lordy88

Alright, so I finally made some money!

Sold the patns I showcased yesterday in OT2 for a cool $1 Million in the AH:

Then found an 80dex/80vit/50 Res all/900+ Armor shield, and sold that for $900,000.

$2.6 million in the bank, and nothing reasonable to buy with it!

No, no it's not.

comparing an account getting hacked is nothing like being raped because of your clothes or being beat because you didn't put the dishes away.. Sorry but that is the dumbest fucking thing i have heard in a long time and if you actually believe it then words can't describe what kind of person you are.

Wait what, it's a dumb comparison but the dude never mentions rape.

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
Wait what, it's a dumb comparison but the dude never mentions rape.
Dug his own grave.

I dunno. Blizzard do a better job?

I have no issue because I use an authenticator but to be a straight up asshole "it's your fault because you don't have an authenticator" "It's your fault you were raped because you were wearing slutty clothes" "It's your fault your father beat you because you didn't put the dishes away the correct way"... always FUN and EXCITING to make jokes and blame those who don't use an authenticator.

LordCanti

Wait, did I read on the last page that I can join a later act game of Inferno and get permanent access?

Which kind (NA server) soul wants to help me out of Act 2 (which has terrible loot, I'm finding?)

DSmalls84

I think boots + movement speed are just always sold out, because they are in VERY high demand.

Edit: Ok maybe I'm doing it wrong, will check again.

They are always there but pretty much all of the boots with desirable stats and Movement speed are sold at a premium.

JesseZao

Yes, but your password is suppoosed to be 'locking' your door.

Your analogy would be fit if I decided to give my password to everybody. There's a password that I need to log into my account. That is me locking the door.

Wrong analogy.

EDIT: and oh, I guess I should buy my son a cell phone and add him to my plan just so he can have that extra level of security to play a video game. Makes sense.

Authenticator would be the lock. Clearly.

It wasn't direct analogy anyway, just pointing out steps everyone should take to prevent theft. There is plenty of history with blizzard accounts being hacked to cause people to take these steps (still blizzard's fault in the first place, but we have to deal with the present situation until they do anything different)

Edit: RE: You can add the dial-in authenticator for free or buy a physical one if they are selling those. You know the options, now it's up to you if you want to use them or deal with possible consequences.

daebo

No, no it's not.

Yeah.. I'm such a horrible person because I don't want to put blame onto the person who was hacked. horrible horrible person I am!

There could be other things, sure. But the authenticator is essentially a low hassle catch-all for everyone. There is literally no way for anyone to not to be able to use it somehow.

Because I have a shitty £15 phone and don't wish to spend that much on an authenticator? :(

Aptos

I saw some people posting at the end of OT2 about Barbarians being "fundamentally broken." Can someone explain this?

I'm up to Act IV on nightmare with my barbarian and I'm just facerolling.

It's sad that online gaming is srs bzns to the max these days, but especially with battle net accounts the security of an authenticator is practically required nowadays.

daebo

Authenticator would be the lock. Clearly.

It wasn't direct analogy anyway, just pointing out steps everyone should take to prevent theft. There is plenty of history with blizzard accounts being hacked to cause people to take these steps (still blizzard's fault in the first place, but we have to deal with the present situation until they do anything different)

Edit: RE: You can add the dial-in authenticator for free or buy a physical one if they are selling those. You know the options, now it's up to you if you want to use them or deal with possible consequences.

That I completely understand.

my whole issue from the start where the ones blaming people who got hacked and just being dicks about it. Not the ones saying exactly what you just posted as a legitimate good advise.

SyNapSe

Yeah.. I'm such a horrible person because I don't want to put blame onto the person who was hacked. horrible horrible person I am!

If you get keylogged and someone gets your bank password then whose fault is it? There is money to be made and people are willing to cheat others in situations that are pretty much completely out of Blizzard's hands. The authenticator is the only thing they can really do.

Hoo-doo

Banned
I saw some people posting at the end of OT2 about Barbarians being "fundamentally broken." Can someone explain this?

It's probably the standard ragequitter's hyperbole. But I don't know, as I'm still in hell.

I think the gem market being taken down was because the RMAH is not there to balance the pricing. If it would have launched on time I don't think the gem market would have devalued so quickly, making the in game jeweler investments so pointless. I will be bummed to see the sick deals leave the AH to the RMAH but at least investing in my blacksmith and jeweler will have their value restored.

SyNapSe

I think the gem market being taken down was because the RMAH is not there to balance the pricing. If it would have launched on time I don't think the gem market would have devalued so quickly, making the in game jeweler investments so pointless. I will be bummed to see the sick deals leave the AH to the RMAH but at least investing in my blacksmith and jeweler will have their value restored.

Having the gems be world drops is what devalued the lower part of the market.

It really does seem like not having an authenticator ensures you will be eventually hacked.

Even only playing with my girlfriend on my mac, with my highest level character being a piddly 22, I still got hacked! Craziness, I can't believe it was worth their time to brute-force my password.

Can't see them ever opening RMAH until they start requiring authenticators.

Opiate

They're talking about Inferno post Act 1

And even then it has now become evident that Barbarians can farm Inferno beyond Act I -- I have now seen two streams of two separate Barbarians farming Acts II/III of inferno-- but they do seem to need better gear than DH/Wizards to do it.

It's less terrible than the worst complaints would have you believe, but yes, Barbarians do have a particularly harsh gear check in Inferno relative other classes.

scy

Because I have a shitty £15 phone and don't wish to spend that much on an authenticator? :(

You're still able to, you just don't want to :x

I just meant that everyone has access to an authenticator somehow. Some cost money (the physical keyfob) and others are a bit more of a hassle (dial-in) but there are options for everyone somehow, someway.

Hoo-doo

Banned
And even then it has now become evident that Barbarians can farm Inferno beyond Act I -- I have now seen two streams of two separate Barbarians farming Acts II/III of inferno-- but they do seem to need better gear than DH/Wizards to do it.

It's less terrible than the worst complaints would have you believe, but yes, Barbarians do have a particularly harsh gear check in Inferno relative other classes.

I have no problems with that at all.
I'd be bummed out if I was able to clear all the content in the game in the week of release.

Besides, it managed to keep us out of reach of the nerf-hammer for a while.

Instro

I'm going to guess that much like D2, barb's have a lot of trouble at higher levels. Which means you'll probably have to spend some time gearing up.

Having the gems be world drops is what devalued the lower part of the market.

How high level do the gems drop? You obviously have to have some base materials to begin the gem upgrade chain. I just think the RMAH will inflate the current AH prices. Economics is no where near my strong suit but I would guess the delays to launch the RMAH have to be driving prices down in the AH since it is the only place to dump goods for a decent return.

Realyn

Play HC and/or don't buy from AH. Another world.

edit: Maybe they talked about the fury problem with fundamentally broken ?

You're still able to, you just don't want to :x

I just meant that everyone has access to an authenticator somehow. Some cost money (the physical keyfob) and others are a bit more of a hassle (dial-in) but there are options for everyone somehow, someway.

I'd really appreciate them putting up a steam styled email alternative. Whilst the £10 doesn't seem like much on it's own I don't like the idea of paying £50 for a game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom