• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT3| Turn On Elective Mode, Get an Authenticator

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
Are Blizzard testers just terrible

I would like to give them the benefit of the doubt, but there are some things in this game that make me go :/

Still, overall it's a great game. I give it an A-. I just think there are some things they could have done to make it better.

Fixed1979

ThYwF.jpg

This is the reason I want to play through with a barb next, the gear is just cool.

SUPARSTARX

What trick? I assume joining a friend's act 4 game to unlock that act? Hey.... wanna be my friend? I wanna get in on this. Pleeease.
There jars and weapon racks somewhere you can farm for a bit if I recall. I've seen some people do it. It may be for quest two or three.

LordCanti

The crit is the important part on that quiver, but those are plentiful too.

Someone on Act 1 of Inferno with a lot of gold to blow might look at the +vit and +dex combo and think it's worth a lot of gold. By Act 2 you realize that it's not though.

Edit: US Auction House just went dark for me. No results...wtf.

Won

Killed Maghda on Inferno. Damn that Act is full of bullshit enemies. They jump at you, move underground and go invisible and I can do nothing till the decide to appear in my face.

SUPARSTARX

I don't think anyone can complain about Barbs not being able to survive Inferno. Kungen is about to beat Hardcore Act 3 Inferno.
Hong Kong Barb player already beat inferno straight through.

His stats self buffed:
108k health, resists range from 940 to 1030. He's using war cry with resist rune, so unbuffed they should range around 550 to 650.
Armor is around 78% reduction, 2pc Blackthorne (pants and amulet), no Stormshield unlike most top geared barbs.

Hong Kong Barb player already beat inferno straight through.

His stats self buffed:
108k health, resists range from 940 to 1030. He's using war cry with resist rune, ask unbuffed they should range around 550 to 650.
Armor is around 78% reduction, 2pc Blackthorne (pants and amulet), no Stormshield like most to barbs.

on HC?

That's insane, because the HC AH is nowhere near as much of a crutch as the softcore one
I mean it's insane anyway

Shadow780

How long does it take to reach 60, assuming I'm exploring every playthrough to the fullest?

I'm DH lv.41 Act II Nightmare now, getting a little bored and wants to play another character.

Opiate

I would like to give them the benefit of the doubt, but there are some things in this game that make me go :/

Still, overall it's a great game. I give it an A-. I just think there are some things they could have done to make it better.

I agree, but I also feel that virtually all of my complaints can be fairly easily fixed with patches. They are already looking in to legendary/set itemization, for example.

I understand that it would be better if it shipped as a completely perfect product, of course.

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
Well, this is the dude I'm running in Inferno now. I did manage a 5 neph valor stack but hit a wall on my way to Leoric with an Elite in a tight corridor, something like minions reflect damage shielding molten/plague frozen bullshit.

ThYwF.jpg

I know I'm lacking a lot stuff (got around 270 resists) so my question is what is the place I should be farming? Should I go back to Hell and try that with a bit more of magic find (I got some items), or should I just keep at it in Inferno with the occasional AH visit? I also have a 2-Hander that gives me like 5k more DPS at the expense of some resists and like 2k health, so it should make Hell a breeze.

I was farming in Act 3 from the Second Heart to the start of Act IV. Make some decent money with those runs at 5 stacks.

I'll post a screenshot of my monk when I get home, currently at 46~47k health (had 52k but switched shields that had a good bit more armor and dex) with 6k+ armor and 300+ resist. While her dps is lacking (7k), she can take hits like a champ in Inferno.

Auction house is addicting for all the cheap sales. I started out just to replace a bad piece of chest armor with no dexterity, but ended up upgrading many thanks.

I'm doing over 600 DPS on Act III normal. Easy mode.

aristotle

Why do so few barbs run without Call of the Ancients? I love it. CC + DMG. The cool downs suck but if you time it correctly, it'll almost always save your ass. Granted I'm still only in Nightmare, but besides the cd, I don't see the drawbacks.

Auction house is addicting for all the cheap sales. I started out just to replace a bad piece of chest armor with no dexterity, but ended up upgrading many thanks.

I'm doing over 600 DPS on Act III normal. Easy mode.

Jeez man, that is beyond easy mode, I'm at like 500 DPS on one char in NM.

Won

Man, I really need to stop giving crafting a chance. 100k without materials just to craft a quiver? Now that was a waste of money......

Why do so few barbs run without Call of the Ancients? I love it. CC + DMG. The cool downs suck but if you time it correctly, it'll almost always save your ass. Granted I'm still only in Nightmare, but besides the cd, I don't see the drawbacks.

I used to run with CotA. Now, it fucking sucks. They die way too fast and they do shitty damage. If ass saving is what you want, get Wrath of the Berserker with the 100% damage buff and Earthquake, and watch even entire bosses melt in 8 seconds (that's 4000% weapon damage on Earthquake).

Getting near the end of Hell myself, and the build I run with is one of:

Ground Stomp, Revenge, WotB, Earthquake, Frenzy, Leap
Ground Stomp, Revenge, WotB, Ignore Pain, Frenzy, Leap

Or either of the above 2 with Leap replaced with Furious Charge.

Sauron-sauron-25023545-450-564.jpg

dat helmet

I used to run with CotA. Now, it fucking sucks. They die way too fast and they do shitty damage. If ass saving is what you want, get Wrath of the Berserker with the 100% damage buff and Earthquake, and watch even entire bosses melt in 8 seconds (that's 4000% weapon damage on Earthquake).

Getting near the end of Hell myself, and the build I run with is one of:

Ground Stomp, Revenge, WotB, Earthquake, Frenzy, Leap
Ground Stomp, Revenge, WotB, Ignore Pain, Frenzy, Leap

Or either of the above 2 with Leap replaced with Furious Charge.

Actually CotA ends up doing more net damage when combined with insanity much later on, mostly because it becomes next to impossible for a barbarian to tank a group of elite on a single small patch of earthquake. The ancients can run away with you and tank for you.

SUPARSTARX

I dont think Kungen's in Act 3 Inferno though unlike what Exodus said, unless he was there before. He's just farming Act 3 Hell now.
yeah best of luck to him. I farmed a3 for a while with no luck. Farming a1 inferno now and picking up good upgrade here and there for inferno a2. It's brutal.

inky

I was farming in Act 3 from the Second Heart to the start of Act IV. Make some decent money with those runs at 5 stacks.

I'll post a screenshot of my monk when I get home, currently at 46~47k health (had 52k but switched shields that had a good bit more armor and dex) with 6k+ armor and 300+ resist. While her dps is lacking (7k), she can take hits like a champ in Inferno.

7k dps? wow, I guess the strategy is survival at all costs. With my 10k I already feel like it takes me ages to bring some Elites down (especially the ones with extra health) but I guess not dying makes more sense because then they just go back to full health anyway.

Thanks! I'm going to do some hell run at full stacks to see if I can buy a better shield.

Deadly

Next Blizzard hotfix nerf:

"Fixed a bug where barbarians were able to one shot act bosses in normal mode with thorns."
I doubt that actually needs a nerf. It seems basically useless in high levels and if you're actually running in normal you won't find any gear that would give so much damage back.

dhdbb5y.jpg

Whee. Slowly making progress through act 2 Inferno with 2-3 others, but man, some of those elite packs can just go fuck right off. Especially reflect damage.

(and ok fine, without Sharpshooter hax it's only 34445.47 =P)

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
dhdbb5y.jpg

Whee. Slowly making progress through act 2 Inferno with 2-3 others, but man, some of those elite packs can just go fuck right off. Especially reflect damage.

dem chun li tights

Sauron-sauron-25023545-450-564.jpg

dat helmet

Actually CotA ends up doing more net damage when combined with insanity much later on, mostly because it becomes next to impossible for a barbarian to tank a group of elite on a single small patch of earthquake. The ancients can run away with you and tank for you.

You don't need to tank them on the earthquake. Put the rune on that slows movement speed by 80%, and put a ground stomp in. That's virtually guaranteed to last the entire duration of the earthquake.

Ferrio

Banned
dhdbb5y.jpg

Ah that's how DHs are getting such a high DPS on that screen. I was wondering, I thought I was doing good at 30k but seeing 70k made me go :(.

What's the dps on your weapon?

yeah best of luck to him. I farmed a3 for a while with no luck. Farming a1 inferno now and picking up good upgrade here and there for inferno a2. It's brutal.

He's doing act 3 hell because he's scared to try the first champion pack in act 1 inferno until he has a few more upgrades. Doing act 3 hell nets him about 20 yellows an hour while doing act 1 inferno (all the quest blue enemies like wretched mother queen, captain dalton or whatever his name is, etc) before the cathedral are the only things he's attempted to kill.

He's been getting some ridiculously good gear, just not for barbarian.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Sharpshooter-thingy shouldn't add to the dps in the menu screen.

Kenaras

I agree, but I also feel that virtually all of my complaints can be fairly easily fixed with patches. They are already looking in to legendary/set itemization, for example.

I understand that it would be better if it shipped as a completely perfect product, of course.

This has always been Blizzard's way of doing things. They ship products with unbelievable levels of polish on the surface, then tweak the underlying mechanics post-launch. It's really their post-launch support which has earned them their reputation.

Lothars

Absolutely, I feel that in a couple of patches to fix some of the issues and by the time of the first expansion it will be even better because I didn't feel Diablo 2 didn't get there until LOD and later patches.

TylerD

Well, this is the dude I'm running in Inferno now. I did manage a 5 neph valor stack but hit a wall on my way to Leoric with an Elite in a tight corridor, something like minions reflect damage shielding molten/plague frozen bullshit.

ThYwF.jpg

Nice, I look like that only my armor is all pink except for my helmet which is white. Love that tier of gear.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom