• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT3| Turn On Elective Mode, Get an Authenticator

Status
Not open for further replies.

rCIZZLE

Is the lack of rare drops on higher difficulties for first kills of bosses intended or a bug? I am cool with those drops being underwhelming after that first time through but not real crazy about the way it works now.

I don't think they thought this through very well. As it is now, 30-60 is a complete grind with little or no encouragement along the way. Neph stacks should have applied at all levels and first kill on boss should always net more than blues.

Mupod

Tyrael actually does good damage? I kind of figured that he was just a tank.

Well it's more like he DOES damage, and I don't. I can only melee that boss when he's doing certain animations, or else I eat his 3 hit combo which does 90% of my health. Switching to a kiting build is not an option because I want to keep my 5 stacks, and if I wanted to kite all day I'd play a different class.

He still doesn't take very long, and I do get some decent hits in when iron impact/WOTB are up. Hell I do the most damage when I get grabbed and can flail about wildly with no fear of dying.

Kyoufu

I did a 5 stack siegebreaker last night.

I just wander around on the walls and take out whatever I can, then port straight to siegebreaker and run around in circles until he's dead.

Tyrael does most of the work. I'm thinking of bringing the Enchantress too but I'm so lazy I've never bothered getting gear for my followers.

What kind of stats?

The only part I tried in act 3 was Heart of Sin. That part is just impossible. I'll try Siegebreaker later.

ReconPeon

Jumping in to bitch that the Butcher on Nightmare gave me 0 yellow items. I got three blue items, and a bunch of junk.

Seriously, WTF? Frankly, all my Nightmare drops have sucked. I only replaced two equipment pieces over the entirety of Act 1 Nightmare.

The yellow items mainly drop off of the rare mobs, you'll rarely see them drop off of a boss excpet on your first run and when you start getting Nephalam Valor.

scy

Is there a reason to play hardcore?

Are drops better?

Better epeen?

I don't think they thought this through very well. As it is now, 30-60 is a complete grind with little or no encouragement along the way. Neph stacks should have applied at all levels and first kill on boss should always net more than blues.

I do wonder why it didn't work that way. Give a short (~5 minute) window for when you gain a level where you can change skills and it'll still be functional for 30-60 and let people try out new skills they got while leveling.

Trying not to rage....just breath....

OK

Patched on Mac client and got in but once logging in it tells me to get the new patch and closes the game to the downloader again...for the patch I already have installed.

NOW

Blizzard....wtf is with the Monk nerfs? We are one of the weakest classes and you keep shitting on us with no way to fix the stuff you already nerfed like Boon rune.

LE SIGH

I do wonder why it didn't work that way. Give a short (~5 minute) window for when you gain a level where you can change skills and it'll still be functional for 30-60 and let people try out new skills they got while leveling.

The only issue I have with this is that every time someone levels up, it would be a "STOP EVERYTHING" moment while that person readjusts their skills. That can happen pretty frequently in the 30-50 range with a group of four people.

I just want better loot on my first boss kill. It's so deflating seeing three or four blues on the ground after you finally down a boss. =/

Also because I believe there will be no RMAH in HC as well.

Why wouldn't there be? That's where the big bucks are!

Inventory and Equipped, yes; Stash is safe.

Speaking of the stash, what the hell are the missing three tabs for? Is there a super secret +1 Stash Tab Blacksmithing recipe I'm not aware of?

What missing 3 tabs? You start with 1, and there are 2 that are locked. You unlock them by maxing out the first one and then paying 100k (or 200k) to unlock the 2nd and 3rd ones. Where are there 3 missing tabs?

kagete

Tyrael does something like 50 to 70k damage per hit on bosses and uniques!

Oh and I think there should be a separate thread just for players at Inferno because it is practically a whole different game from D3 played at Normal-Hell and the advice most Inferno players will give for a specific class isn't necessarily the best when applied to the lower difficulties.

Kyoufu

Why is everyone complaining about the patch, they didn't even say the servers are up yet of course you can't connect.

I need my fix dammit.
LLShC.gif

scy

Blizzard....wtf is with the Monk nerfs? We are one of the weakest classes and you keep shitting on us with no way to fix the stuff you already nerfed like Boon rune.

LE SIGH

The Serenity change has been in the game since I think Day 1 or 2.

The only issue I have with this is that every time someone levels up, it would be a "STOP EVERYTHING" moment while that person readjusts their skills. That can happen pretty frequently in the 30-50 range with a group of four people.

This already happens anyway :|

Slayer-33

Liverpool-2
Tyrael does something like 50 to 70k damage per hit on bosses and uniques!

Oh and I think there should be a separate thread just for players at Inferno because it is practically a whole different game from D3 played at Normal-Hell and the advice most Inferno players will give for a specific class isn't necessarily the best when applied to the lower difficulties.

I only crit for that much, he hits crazy hard but he attacks kinda slow. DreamVisions I'm enjoying the game more now and I'm not raging as much, got better gear and I'm farming regular/blue elites in Act 4 inferno now, fun times lol..

AEREC

I just want better loot on my first boss kill. It's so deflating seeing three or four blues on the ground after you finally down a boss. =/

Why wouldn't there be? That's where the big bucks are!

Not sure...Ive only read it in a few unofficial places that there wont be a RMAH in HC.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
Is the lack of rare drops on higher difficulties for first kills of bosses intended or a bug? I am cool with those drops being underwhelming after that first time through but not real crazy about the way it works now.

It might be a bug. It seems really weird that the specialized loot table only applies to Normal.

Mupod

What kind of stats?

The only part I tried in act 3 was Heart of Sin. That part is just impossible. I'll try Siegebreaker later.

I can't handle groups of regular mobs past Ghom, I jumped my way to Siegebreaker and stopped after killing him.

But I CAN handle the enemies on the walls with some difficulty. I haven't had my stack fall off yet so it's not that bad, I'm just unlucky and almost everything I get is frozen/arcane/desecrator.

I can't screenshot my stats right now for obvious reasons, but here's an older picture. I have 46k hp and a bit more resists/armor now since I upgraded my boots/gloves.

iVCxHIhWrQHZC.jpg

sazzy

Blue post on patching 'issue'

If you're seeing an error that states "Diablo III is Already Running" when trying to patch or login, please wait for maintenance to end before attempting to sign in again.

Maintenance will begin at 3:00 AM PDT and is expected to last until 11:00AM PDT. Access to the servers will be unavailable during that time and the game may not properly identify which patch you currently have installed during that time.

scy

What missing 3 tabs? You start with 1, and there are 2 that are locked. You unlock them by maxing out the first one and then paying 100k (or 200k) to unlock the 2nd and 3rd ones. Where are there 3 missing tabs?

There's room for three more tabs on the stash. Why not just make the existing ones larger if all that empty space won't be used? It irks me.

Not always! I felt like you and I were both pretty restrained when we blasted through 3 or 4 levels on Act IV NM a few days ago!

Another issue: when I don't like a new skill I want to be able to switch it back easily. And if you choose to keep it, sometimes you need to play around with that skill before you know how it's going to impact the rest of your build. I'd hate for there to be an incentive not to do these things.

zlatko

Banned
The Serenity change has been in the game since I think Day 1 or 2.

Yeah which explains why I thought that ability/rune combo was always shitty. :p

Question for you Monks out there, what kind of gems you putting into socket slots?

Agreed, but you CAN download the patch, but then you just can't sign in. False hope and all that.

Yes that system is a bit counter productive in my eyes. They should instead let the launcher check for game availabilitty and status instead. So if you can patch the game you can also play again.

scy

Not always! I felt like you and I were both pretty restrained when we blasted through 3 or 4 levels on Act IV NM a few days ago!

:x

Feel bad we had to stop there. Speaking of, I need to check if I have any random WD stuff if you want it. I just went through upgrading/changing most my Wizard's equipment so I'm bound to have some random stuff I don't need anymore that has INT/VIT all over it.

I just remember playing with friends (SORRY GUYS) and levels would mean I had enough time to change my skills, grab a drink/snack, maybe cook something if it's one of those big levels where you got 2-3 skills. Worse if we had items to sell!

...I'm horribly impatient, you see.

Another issue: when I don't like a new skill I want to be able to switch it back easily. And if you choose to keep it, sometimes you need to play around with that skill before you know how it's going to impact the rest of your build. I'd hate for there to be an incentive not to do these things.

Yeah, which is why it makes sense that NV doesn't apply until 60. It'd have been nice for 30+ but you either get penalized for playing with new skills or you have that small window where you're free to change things and it's not really enough time to get a good feel for things.

Kyoufu

I can't handle groups of regular mobs past Ghom, I jumped my way to Siegebreaker and stopped after killing him.

But I CAN handle the enemies on the walls with some difficulty. I haven't had my stack fall off yet so it's not that bad, I'm just unlucky and almost everything I get is frozen/arcane/desecrator.

I can't screenshot my stats right now for obvious reasons, but here's an older picture. I have 46k hp and a bit more resists/armor now since I upgraded my boots/gloves.

iVCxHIhWrQHZC.jpg

Thank you sir.

I still need some upgrades to break 800 resist, but I think my damage is awful right now. You have 11k, I have only 7-8k :/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom