• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT3| Turn On Elective Mode, Get an Authenticator

Status
Not open for further replies.

LordCanti

Are commodity auctions going to be back up after this patch? I'm itching to get 1/10th of what I'd have gotten pre-takedown.

Yes. Everyone. The game is not ready yet.

I'm in no such loop. The patch went fine and I'm back in the client. It won't let me log-in, but the servers aren't back up so it's to be expected.

Edit: NM, clarification was already given.

scy

Maybe new tabs with expansions.

If I have to wait for an expansion to finally have room for all my shit ... :( It was disappointing unlocking that last spot and not seeing a new tab pop up to get. 3 tabs isn't that much space when you're like me and keep everything that seems remotely decent for AHing but never remember to AH it.

Though, I just sold like all my non-Perfect+ Gems so I guess I have a lot more room now.

:x

Feel bad we had to stop there. Speaking of, I need to check if I have any random WD stuff if you want it. I just went through upgrading/changing most my Wizard's equipment so I'm bound to have some random stuff I don't need anymore that has INT/VIT all over it.

I just remember playing with friends (SORRY GUYS) and levels would mean I had enough time to change my skills, grab a drink/snack, maybe cook something if it's one of those big levels where you got 2-3 skills. Worse if we had items to sell!

In fairness you're statement was totally accurate 99% of the time.

And of course I am always happy to eat your leveling gear, thanks man =]

edit: oh and no worries about the stopping point. Finished it solo that night, did it coop with CF and a couple other friends last night.

I'm in no such loop. The patch went fine and I'm back in the client. It won't let me log-in, but the servers aren't back up so it's to be expected.

Okay everyone except LordCanti ;p

TheFatOne

As a wizard what should I look for in rings/amulets in the auction house? I have no idea what to buy, and I don't want to waste my money.

LordCanti

If I have to wait for an expansion to finally have room for all my shit ... :( It was disappointing unlocking that last spot and not seeing a new tab pop up to get. 3 tabs isn't that much space when you're like me and keep everything that seems remotely decent for AHing but never remember to AH it.

Though, I just sold like all my non-Perfect+ Gems so I guess I have a lot more room now.

I only have one real character; The rest are mules. They're all stuffed to the gills, but I'm too cheap to buy more stash slots.

I sell stuff as quick as I possibly can.

zlatko

Banned
As a wizard what should I look for in rings/amulets in the auction house? I have no idea what to buy, and I don't want to waste my money.

This is one of the hardest things to shop for since you can't check direct comparisons to see the in game green/red when you do AH shopping.

scy

I only have one real character; The rest are mules. They're all stuffed to the gills, but I'm too cheap to buy more stash slots.

I sell stuff as quick as I possibly can.

I'm about to just make my last three slots mule characters. My WD is already basically doing the same with my Level 20-40 gear.

Talon

Patch 1.0.3 will bring big changes to the game's crafting system. Blizzard wants the Blacksmith to be a way for players to reliably receive upgrades. However, training the Blacksmith and creating items is currently too expensive so they plan to change that. Furthermore, the Jewelcrafter will only require two gems to make combinations rather than three.
Awesome. Guess I should hold onto my Pages of Blacksmithing until the patch...

scy

Attack Speed, Intelligence, Vitality in my opinion. If you go that route, Resistances are nice too but holy shit are they expensive on rings/amulets typically. The Unique Ring Unity is pretty cheap and can net you Movement Speed which is pretty helpful too but the stats won't be that great unless you're willing to spend a lot (~100k can get you a decent one at least).

If you already have a lot of HP (~35k-40k), you probably don't need to prioritize HP that much anymore.

Furthermore, the Jewelcrafter will only require two gems to make combinations rather than three.

I mean, I guess that's nice and all since it cuts down one whole combine per upgrade ... it's still really expensive per combine.

Naito

wizhelmhqaro.png

wizxbowr09bb.png

Ok guys, I'm selling some useful wizard stuff (EU).
I'm willing to let go the helm for 650k and the crossbow for 850k.
PM me if interested :)

Number45

What do you think the worst combination of rare mob attributes are?

The combination that caused me to rage quit the other night was Jailer + Mortar.
Illusionist arcane, spawn clones that also spawn arcane sentries. It was ridiculous.

Jumping in to bitch that the Butcher on Nightmare gave me 0 yellow items. I got three blue items, and a bunch of junk.

Seriously, WTF? Frankly, all my Nightmare drops have sucked. I only replaced two equipment pieces over the entirety of Act 1 Nightmare.
I got a good number of rares from my NM boss kills, but they were all shit. I'm also getting a good number of rares from Hell. Still shit.

Speaking of the stash, what the hell are the missing three tabs for? Is there a super secret +1 Stash Tab Blacksmithing recipe I'm not aware of?
That would be great!

rCIZZLE

Not always! I felt like you and I were both pretty restrained when we blasted through 3 or 4 levels on Act IV NM a few days ago!

Another issue: when I don't like a new skill I want to be able to switch it back easily. And if you choose to keep it, sometimes you need to play around with that skill before you know how it's going to impact the rest of your build. I'd hate for there to be an incentive not to do these things.

It'd still be an option though. If you wanted to play around with skills you could forego the bonus, just how it is now in inferno. I'd much rather see some excitement in my leveling than just a grind like it is now.

TheExodu5

Banned
What do you think the worst combination of rare mob attributes are?

The combination that caused me to rage quit the other night was Jailer + Mortar.

I'd have to say Immortal + Jailer + Mortar + Shielding, if that's even possible. Or you can swap Immortal for Illusionist as well.

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
On inferno it's gotta be invunerable minions + reflect damage + mortar + jailer

Really anything + invunerable minions is horseshit. Whoever it was at Blizzard who came up with invunerable minions should be flipping burgers for a living not designing games.

Tacitus_

I'm currently trying to sell the following weapon at a price I most definitely won't get, after which I'm willing to sell it for a lot less to someone around here. Anyone interested ?

Jrkbt.jpg

One-Handed
153-306 Holy Damage
46 Strength
158 Dexterity
175 Vitality
15% IAS
61% More damage by critical hits

EU server by the way.

Only 623 DPS... no way it'll touch 100k. Maybe 50k on a good day.

Nevermind, an item with those stats and 620 DPS is worth roughly 500k. Who knows whether it'll sell at that.

Patryn

I got a good number of rares from my NM boss kills, but they were all shit. I'm also getting a good number of rares from Hell. Still shit.

As a casual player of D3, I have to admit that it's pretty much killed all my motivation for continuing. Especially hearing it's this way until I hit 60.

scy

On inferno it's gotta be invunerable minions + reflect damage + mortar + jailer

Really anything + invunerable minions is horseshit. Whoever it was at Blizzard who came up with invunerable minions should be flipping burgers for a living not designing games.

When I first heard of Invulnerable as an affix, I thought it meant the named was Invulnerable until the minions were dead. And I thought, "Well, that doesn't ... change much."

Then I ran into my first one.

The fuck guys. The fuck?

Mupod

Shielding + obstacle course is the worst for me as melee. Health link and invulnerable minions are bad too. Anything else I can usually beat EVENTUALLY since I have the option to burst down a minion or two with WOTB.

Tacitus_

As a 1 hander? He can easily make 500k or more on that.

Yeah I rechecked the AH and edited. If it were a blue it wouldn't be worth much. With 150 vit and 150 dex and 620 dps it's worth half a mil. Too bad you can get a 850 dps magic weapon for 100k.

LiK

the pricing is all over the place. i think i've seen similar gear for way less on US server. maybe the sellers are just uninformed of their worth.

Ferrio

Banned
When I first heard of Invulnerable as an affix, I thought it meant the named was Invulnerable until the minions were dead. And I thought, "Well, that doesn't ... change much."

Then I ran into my first one.

The fuck guys. The fuck?

I ran into a pack I couldn't kill cause of that shit. The minions were really fast... so I'd kite... they'd keep up with me but the main wouldn't.

Has anyone been able to log in after installing the patch?

As soon as I enter my password to log in, I get the message that a new patch must be installed and the game will exit to do that.

Game exits, then I get a message saying 'Diablo III is still running'.

Tried many times, same issue. :(

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
So my Barb is currently in Hell Act I.

Is Nightmare Whimsyshire worth the money at this point? What level of items drop in different Whimsyshire difficulty levels? Is it ever really worth it beyond the novelty factor? I already have the staff, I would just need to spend 200k to upgrade it to Nightmare.

LiK

I'm betting on the insanity and stupidity of people that solely search via stats. I'm currently asking maybe 8-10 times what the item is really worth, maybe I'm lucky. :D

Edit:
Especially since I'm still pissed my Ivory Tower went for so little.

i search for price only. been working great for me ;D

As soon as I enter my password to log in, I get the message that a new patch must be installed and the game will exit to do that.

This is happening to a lot of people (myself included). The servers just aren't ready yet. The maintenance window doesn't end for another hour.

LordCanti

This is happening to a lot of people (myself included). The servers just aren't ready yet. The maintenance window doesn't end for another hour.

I hate to say it, but I don't know if that is the issue. It worked for me and others just fine.

Edit: To be specific, we got the patch, it installed correctly, and we get the "server cannot be connected to" message in game (or whatever the exact wording is). It absolutely does not tell us that we need to re-patch.

Edit 2: "Battle Net is Down for Maintenance" is the error message you should be getting

Deadly

The servers aren't back up

I hate to say it, but I don't know if that is the issue. It worked for me and others just fine.

I'm only stating that so definitively because there was a blue post on the issue linked to a couple pages back which said exactly that. Not sure why it's working fine for some but not others, but blizz's advice is to just wait it out.

edit: now I'm just getting a "servers are down" message.

I'm playing a "no auction house" demon hunter. Hit 60 yesterday and now I'm wondering the most efficient way to level.

My DPS is about 6500 (309 dps xbow). I have about 26k HP and only about 60 resist all.

Any suggestions on places to grind for upgrades? Most of this character's gear is still in the late 40s early 50s level range, but it's a slog getting through the first quests of a3 solo (hell).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom