• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT3| Turn On Elective Mode, Get an Authenticator

Status
Not open for further replies.
i'm sure this has been asked before but can you guys tell me if wearing a specific armor or weapon for your class makes any difference in their attributes? example is for my demon hunter, wearing a cloak vs a chest armor? because chest armor seems a lot better stat wise, why would i wear a cloak instead? another example is a wizard hat vs a regular armor helm?

oneils

From the game update posted on the DIII website, I had expected some significant changes in today's patch. I guess they are slated for future patches.

edit: just reread the update. Looks like patch 1.03 is when we can expect some balance changes.

From the game update posted on the DIII website, I had expected some significant changes in today's patch. I guess they are slated for future patches.

Correct, some of the little things like blacksmith upgrades will hit in 1.0.3, but big stuff like the legendary buffs won't be in the game until 1.1, which is probably a ways off.

Ferrio

Banned
Reflect is ridiculous for me, I notice classes like Wizards nearly shrugging it off. Monks and some Barbs too, but an elite pack with reflect absolutely wrecks me. I put on my Vit+Resist set and its still pretty rough, tho its a bit better than my dps set.

Reflect when Im in my dps set kills me so fast. All of the attack speed% increases I have, I just unload and die like Im standing in desecration or something. Either that or I dps a little then stand back and do nothing but drop traps so everyone else can kite while I wait on a health globe. I absolutely hate it.

Reflect doesn't hurt you if you're smoke screened. So I time hitting my SS as they run over traps, it's still a big ass pain.. but it's something.

Cipherr

i'm sure this has been asked before but can you guys tell me if wearing a specific armor or weapon for your class makes any difference in their attributes? example is for my demon hunter, wearing a cloak vs a chest armor? because chest armor seems a lot better stat wise, why would i wear a cloak instead? another example is a wizard hat vs a regular armor helm?

It doesn't really. Go for what has better stats. I think in some cases the class specific slots have some class specific bonuses, but they are hardly ever worth it, especially at max level. Go for whatever chest piece has the better stats, ignore whether or not its class specific.

Those are merely cosmetic pieces.

Silly question, but I was looking at some weapon stats and I noticed the "x-y added damage" stat at the top. Im guessing thats incorporated into the dps, but what about when its added elemental damage? Seems like it should be seperate in that case.

Class specific gear usually has some modifier that adds to their resource regen.

They tend to roll class specific stats. Like Hatred Regen, +Discipline, Maximum Arcane Power, etc.

Cipherr

I think the AH should really show the little tab with defensive dps and HP increases (were you to equip that item). Hell I think it would be awesome if you could sort items by what would give you the biggest defensive/HP/DPS increases. It would rocket up the value of those yellow items that have medium dps, but a crapload of Dex/Int/Str on them. Right now I wager most mainstream players dont think about the effect a 200 stack of intelligence on a weapon will have on their overall dps when they browse the auction house, so they just sort by dps and buy something else.

Jeeeeesus man how are you double posting, doesn't GAF have a built in protection against that now?

kagete

Well no one outside of Blizzard knows the exact loot tables but in my limited anecdotal experience, the class-specific magical items still have the same [Prefix] Item of [Suffix] randomization where you get wizard hats that have +100 dex. Of course there are class-specific modifiers like +3% damage to Chakrams which can spawn on NON-class specific items. Until recently I've been using a helm that had +3 to a monk skill simply because it had better stats than my previous one.

scy

Silly question, but I was looking at some weapon stats and I noticed the "x-y added damage" stat at the top. Im guessing thats incorporated into the dps, but what about when its added elemental damage? Seems like it should be seperate in that case.

All +Damage, regardless of what kind, on the Weapon is already factored into the listed DPS. The only stat on the Weapon that does not factor into the listed DPS is the +Primary Stat (e.g., STR, DEX, INT).

That is more or less my Tactic even on Hell, except I place a Hydra every now and then and tank for 2 to 3 seconds before they can shatter my Frost Armor and then continue with fleeing.

That video does not apply to wizards. It's for monks and barbarians. You would just randomly click a few buttons and they'd all be dead.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
GAF went down huh? Thought they finally announced the nerf.

Lanbeast

Where did you find most of your upgrades to make yourself inferno viable? Did you just happen to find stuff while getting to 60, or did you do some area grinding with NV buff?

I found most of my stuff while getting to 60. I entered Inferno and got destroyed by my first elite. I went back to Act IV in hell for about 15 minutes before I decided to give Inferno another try. I got 1-2 pieces of gear from regular guys in Act I that really helped and I haven't looked back since.

It's okay to be selective with what champions/elites you decide to fight. When I see one that is Arcane Jailer Molten Vortex Minion, I run past him and hope that the next one will be better.

Welp, that's how the game plays without the AH. Everyone says, "If you don't like it, don't use it." So I'm trying that out.

images

scy

That video does not apply to wizards. It's for monks and barbarians. You would just randomly click a few buttons and they'd all be dead.

My Monk probably had the easiest time in Act 1 Inferno out of all my characters (Monk, DH, and Wizard).

Then Act 2 punched her in the face. It just hasn't been the same since.

I'm gonna be pretty bummed if they extend maintenance. Seems like when the servers aren't up close to the end of the window, that often means they are gonna push it back. :(

Called it:

We are extending today's scheduled maintenance in order to perform additional database checks. We anticipate that the Diablo III game servers will be available in approximately 2 hours, after 1:00 p.m. PDT.

Patch 1.0.2 notes can be viewed here.
Visit our Bug Report forum for a list of known issues.
Hotfixes made in addition to changes in patch 1.0.2 can be found here.

If you are experiencing technical issues with the patching process, please visit our support site for assistance.

Thank you!

I was gonna play all day today :(

scy

That's just them officially saying it, it's actually been gone for a long time already, at least I believe so.

It was the first hotfix that went live (maybe second? Or same time as the chest one, anyway). The fact that people didn't notice until now probably says a lot :x

I was fine with the game being online only originally, but this is really getting out of hand. Extended maintenance should be rewarded with experience boosts, gold boosts, and additional magic find for a while. This is my only time off this week and I can't play my game =/.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
They took one second off a monk skills duration and all hell broke loose.
Haha, that nerf actually did break the Internet when it was hotfixed. This is old news now!

grendelrt

Whoa, thats until what, 4PM Eastern? Goddamn if today is your day off, you planned to play, and your on the East Coast I feel sorry for you.

That would be me. Got up early and did all my yard work so I could play from around 1pm on. Sat here for an hour and now its extended. Guess I will head to the gym now instead of later, fucking blizzard.

Honestly, I would just wipe Diablo off your schedule for the entire day. I will be pleasantly surprised if that maintenance window isn't extended again.

I sort of defended the always Online play thing, until this morning. My gf woke up early so she could play (she rarely plays games) and she had work at 11am, so needless to say she was pretty upset. This is quite obnoxious!

Monk is extremely strong in inferno....

Extremely strong at being most likely to hold a party back or die repeatedly due to being the least powerful class in the game right now, yeah.

Act1 is easy enough as a monk but after that it requires an absurd amount of gear to do anything whatsoever and is generally highly frustrating to play.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom