• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT3| Turn On Elective Mode, Get an Authenticator

Status
Not open for further replies.

parasight

Monk is extremely strong in inferno....

Woah, let's not get ahead of ourselves. They're not as bad as everyone makes them out to be, but I wouldn't call them "strong". They're incredibly gear dependent, moreso than any other class I would say.

I'm midway through Act 3, but it was not a cakewalk by any means.

I think the AH should really show the little tab with defensive dps and HP increases (were you to equip that item). Hell I think it would be awesome if you could sort items by what would give you the biggest defensive/HP/DPS increases. It would rocket up the value of those yellow items that have medium dps, but a crapload of Dex/Int/Str on them. Right now I wager most mainstream players dont think about the effect a 200 stack of intelligence on a weapon will have on their overall dps when they browse the auction house, so they just sort by dps and buy something else.

Jeeeeesus man how are you double posting, doesn't GAF have a built in protection against that now?

sorry for double posting, i kept getting an 505 gateway error

Eliciel

I'm having some issues right now. I was on vacation for about 10 days. At the moment I'm starting the game and the moment I enter my User ID and PW it says that a Patch has been released and I need to download it. After restarting the Launcher it says: Diablo III is already running.

Any ideas?

Try to get into the AH guys, tons of great stuff at cheap prices.

Outfitted my 46 lev barb with +1.5k dps, +3k health, +50 resists and + 60% magic find (that's + to my current stats) for under 25k gold. :)

Aww, balls.

Well, time to go outside and be productive...again. I already mowed the lawn and applied another coat of weather sealant to the deck. Now I'm going to have to...enjoy nature...or something...

Don't forget your bear spray

Myself, I'm seeing if I can somehow be less productive than I was planning to be today. So far so good! Though I will have to stop posting here soon, getting back on the wall of shame would probably technically be productive in some weird gaf e-peeniverse

Cipherr

I'm having some issues right now. I was on vacation for about 10 days. At the moment I'm starting the game and the moment I enter my User ID and PW it says that a Patch has been released and I need to download it. After restarting the Launcher it says: Diablo III is already running.

Any ideas?

Servers are down for another 2 hours. You wont get passed all that jazz until then.

scy

Outfitted my 46 lev barb with +1.5k dps, +3k health, +50 resists and + 60% magic find (that's + to my current stats) for under 25k gold. :)

My goal is to get my DH to ~30k Damage and add ~200% MF to go with my +25% Movement and +230% GF. The farming to be done will be glorious.

Kyoufu

Extremely strong at being most likely to hold a party back or die repeatedly due to being the least powerful class in the game right now, yeah.

Act1 is easy enough as a monk but after that it requires an absurd amount of gear to do anything whatsoever and is generally highly frustrating to play.

That goes for Barb too. It's a melee problem they're aiming to fix in 1.03

Once the Inferno balancing nerfs are out then it'll be fine. I wouldn't reroll or anything.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Well, not going to be able to check the AH before work I guess. Oh well.

I guess I can see how the Europe Servers are. Dick around with a Hard Core character and what not.

Edit: Welp, guess I can't even do that, the Europe Servers I guess are still on the old Patch?

My goal is to get my DH to ~30k Damage and add ~200% MF to go with my +25% Movement and +230% GF. The farming to be done will be glorious.

Is the +25% Move Speed from Abilities or Items? I loved moving super fast with the Lightning Armor and its 3 Second after hit buff, but that just has Damage Return and no actual armor.

I can't check since the game is down, but what is the equivalence conversion between armor and resist all?

For example, N armor gives a K% increase to overall damage reduction.
M resist all gives a J% increase to damage reduction from specific elements (basically, everything other than physical)

Can we come up with an equivalence formula that tells you, based on your current armor and resist values, the amount of armor that is equal to 1 resist all? (assuming we have an equal probability to get hit by a random element)

J-Rzez

Woo, World of Diablo.

Not yet.

When they extend it again until 6pm EST, just to finally go up and have 2 server restarts then you can say it's so.

OR if they put it down until 7pm EST, then the servers go back up at 6:30pm EST and say "things went better than expected, so we got the servers up 30mins sooner just for you guys".

They still take the forums down on maint days for this like they did for WoW because they got flooded with horrible posts from their horrible community?

Nah. He really doesn't. His build is terrible and he doesn't really have any idea how to make monk work without abusing a small bug that is very tedious to get to work. He has no sustain, very little ability to keep himself alive and relies on the guardian bugging out to do all the work.

Monk can easily solo diablo on inferno btw, it's probably remotely easy even naked considering the earth ally can solo him.

His act 2 farming build is hilarious. It has no way to close ground, no way to avoid being hit, no way to keep spirit up and almost no self healing. No life on hit, and I have almost double his resistances.

I doubt this build could clear a single champion pack in act 3 without tyrael and guardian bugs.

Cipherr

It sure is depressing to do these Act 1 inferno runs with great Barbs and Monks tanking, only for us to clear through Butcher and hit Act 2 and slowly watch our tank realize what is going to happen to him in Act 2. A few of the first pulls kill him, the first pack destroys him.... then there is a port back to town with a phrase along the lines of "Ok guys hold on I need to switch my build up real quick so we can get this going."

We wait (I cringe knowing there is nothing he can do), he rejoins us, and gets 1 shot a few more times. He ports back to town real quick, changes some gear, comes back, and continues to get absolutely wrecked.

Had a pretty heart wrenching moment yesterday when a guy who was playing from Asia was a Barb and tanking for us. After about 30 minutes in Act 2 after he led us amazingly through Act 1 flawlessly, he offered up the only English sentence he said in our entire 1 hour + sessions. "What can I do?".

Nothing man..... there's nothing you can do :(

I don't know why I dont just leave the party after Butcher lol. I suppose I just hang around a bit just to see if theres some magic tank out there, but there's not. They go from leading the party to running around behind me and the other ranged while be try and burst the packs down without their help.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
Around the end of Nightmare you have to start changing up your skills based on the encounter. This only gets worse on Hell (and I assume much worse on Inferno). Due to this, I really think they should add a way to configure and save builds so you can swap them out with the press of a button. Obviously the cooldowns would reset as normal, but it would make the current system of individually changing out skills and runes a lot less frustrating.

zlatko

Banned
Nah. He really doesn't. His build is terrible and he doesn't really have any idea how to make monk work without abusing a small bug that is very tedious to get to work. He has no sustain, very little ability to keep himself alive and relies on the guardian bugging out to do all the work.

Monk can easily solo diablo on inferno btw, it's probably remotely easy even naked considering the earth ally can solo him.

His act 2 farming build is hilarious. It has no way to close ground, no way to avoid being hit, no way to keep spirit up and almost no self healing. No life on hit, and I have almost double his resistances.

I doubt this build could clear a single champion pack in act 3 without tyrael and guardian bugs.

I was gonna mimic the build tonight to some extent. I feel like having the ally over the storm around you is a better use of spirit.

I'm probably going to mess around with my own build that works around the palm ability. That 7 second stun rune is too good.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
After realizing that this game will probably give me cancer, I think I finally found a solution to all my problems.

Listen to the D2 soundtrack while playing.

Holy shit, it works.

scy

I can't check since the game is down, but what is the equivalence conversion between armor and resist all?

For example, N armor gives a K% increase to overall damage reduction.
M resist all gives a J% increase to damage reduction from specific elements (basically, everything other than physical)

Can we come up with an equivalence formula that tells you, based on your current armor and resist values, the amount of armor that is equal to 1 resist all? (assuming we have an equal probability to get hit by a random element)

Armor / (Armor + 50 * Enemy Level) = Resistance / (Resistance + 5 * Enemy Level)

Or, basically, 10 Armor ~= 1 Resistance, assuming they're relatively close (e.g., 5000 Armor and 500 Resistances).

Shouta

Monk is extremely strong in inferno....

I hope this is sarcasm.

Act 1 is super easy for Monk once you get the gear. You won't die unless you get dogpiled on. Act 2 is a bit trickier but manageable. you'll need high damage, great resists, and a way to heal as much as possible, (LpSS, or LoH) which can be very hard to get overall. Act 3 is pretty much getting ridiculous. Too much incoming damage, not enough gear to balance out survival and DPS.

Barb is in a similar situation though it has a few pluses over Monk that help. Not that much but it's a little easier from a gearing standpoint.

scy

I was gonna mimic the build tonight to some extent. I feel like having the ally over the storm around you is a better use of spirit.

I'm probably going to mess around with my own build that works around the palm ability. That 7 second stun rune is too good.

Ally + Sweeping Wind is good too. SSS is nice but, really, the best use of it comes from the short invuln time while the attack is going. I like Wave of Light > Exploding Light better since the Knockback basically does the same thing and it doesn't have the abysmal cooldown.

Jinko

I'm playing a "no auction house" demon hunter. Hit 60 yesterday and now I'm wondering the most efficient way to level.

My DPS is about 6500 (309 dps xbow). I have about 26k HP and only about 60 resist all.

Any suggestions on places to grind for upgrades? Most of this character's gear is still in the late 40s early 50s level range, but it's a slog getting through the first quests of a3 solo (hell).

Add me I'm always happy to help farm in Hell or help complete quests. Jinko#2577

It helps to say what server you're on if oyu're in.

EU server has been up the whole time, they get maint tomorrow.

scy

I hope this is sarcasm.

Act 1 is super easy for Monk once you get the gear. You won't die unless you get dogpiled on. Act 2 is a bit trickier but manageable. you'll need high damage, great resists, and a way to heal as much as possible, (LpSS, or LoH) which can be very hard to get overall. Act 3 is pretty much getting ridiculous. Too much incoming damage, not enough gear to balance out survival and DPS.

Barb is in a similar situation though it has a few pluses over Monk that help. Not that much but it's a little easier from a gearing standpoint.

Basically. I think I need to just accept that my Crit% for infinite Spirit won't work without the baseline better everything else so it's time to move on. Get my Monk another ~1k Armor and ~200 Resistances.

zlatko

Banned
Ally + Sweeping Wind is good too. SSS is nice but, really, the best use of it comes from the short invuln time while the attack is going. I like Wave of Light > Exploding Light better since the Knockback basically does the same thing and it doesn't have the abysmal cooldown.

Is there any better primary that fists of thunder? What rune is the go to one for it, the dodge or the last one with chain lightning ?

I really dig crippling wave with concussion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom