• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT3| Turn On Elective Mode, Get an Authenticator

Status
Not open for further replies.

MedIC86

Soo i got something weird:

I cant play inferno.
- i am lvl 60
- i beat diablo on hell.
- i have all quests in my select quest screen...

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Fellow Wizards, what's the best skill setup to kill treasure goblins?

Druz

Frost nova, blizzard, homing magic missile, diamond skin and probably teleport., should also mention force armor with crit increase and probably magic weapon buff.

Arc07

wat
GrPMx.png

vKCV1.png
But when I switch to European servers I can play...

Woah, let's not get ahead of ourselves. They're not as bad as everyone makes them out to be, but I wouldn't call them "strong". They're incredibly gear dependent, moreso than any other class I would say.

I'm midway through Act 3, but it was not a cakewalk by any means.

You don't know gear dependence until you play a barb.

froliq

The act 2 treasure pygmy farm is at quest 8 or higher. Take waypoint to Ancient Path and go right and up the stairs. If you don't see any before the end of the stairs port out and leave game.

Glix

Man, I love this game, can't believe how much time I've put in already. I played some D I and II, but not much.

I'm level 52 and in Hell Act I. As soon as I hit 53 and can get healing during spirit walk my runes will be complete.

Armor - just under 2k
Dmg - just under 2k
HP - just under 20k
Dmg Reduction - 43%
Physical Res - 125

I'm running a Witch Doctor CC/survival build with

Blowdart - shards
Grasp - extra slowdown
Horrify - extra range
Zombie Wall - slowdown
Hex - Healing
Spirit Walk - Mana regen (soon to be healing)

Passives -

Pierce the Veil
Blood Ritual
Fetish Sycophants

I love how easy it is to jump in with my buddies or have them jump in with me. It's hard for all of us to find the time and everything to make online gaming dates, and it just never works out with most other games. With the ease of use here, we end up playing together all the time.

Any input is always appreciated.

LordCanti

Why do we need to kill him?
I just use the exploit to go anywhere in act 4

There is a much easier mini-boss to farm after him apparently.
Tyrael
does all the work. You can't get there without bringing him down first (unless I'm mistaken).

Jinko

I'm stuck in a loop where I can't download the patch and yet the launcher keeps saying the game is up to date. =(

You probably have the wrong client installed, seems some of us are having to reinstall.

If you are EU playing on US server you will need the US client.

If you have the US client and are trying to log into an EU character you will need the EU client.

EU doesn't get the patch until tomorrow.

I'll be there to feel your pain soon enough, man. I'm just about done with Nightmare so as long as Hell isn't a major roadblock to me I'll be smacking the brick wall that is Interno in a little while. Since this is my first Diablo I decided to dedicate myself to one class for awhile before messing with the others, which means the only two characters I have right now are both monks (I keep one around for playing with some friends in normal).

Then again, there might be some patches that help me out by the time I get to Inferno...

joesmokey

Lots of DPS is mainly the only way. Blizzard works well as a snare, same with Wave of Force/Force Wave if you roll with that. Frost Nova is hit or miss. Sometimes it can freeze them and other times it can speed them up.

Just try and corner them (obviously) or at the very least, attack them from the opposite direction you want them to go. This helps if you haven't fully cleared the area, though sometimes the NPC will screw you over.

If they start opening the portal your only chances are Frost Nova freeze or a huge crit to daze them (or whatever that mechanic is called).

If you have 25k DPS+ though, they really should be no problem to down quickly unless other mobs start getting in the way.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Is my dps just that low then? I sat there from start to finish (his teleport) just pumping him with blizzard + shock pulse (piercing orb) and sometimes I kill him, sometimes I don't.

Oh and my Archon is 99% of the times already on cooldown.

Anyone?

KKRT00

You probably have the wrong client installed, seems some of us are having to reinstall.

If you are EU playing on US server you will need the US client.

If you have the US client and are trying to log into an EU character you will need the EU client.

EU doesn't get the patch until tomorrow.

Is that confirmed that You need to reinstall game to EU client?

zlatko

Banned
I'll be there to feel your pain soon enough, man. I'm just about done with Nightmare so as long as Hell isn't a major roadblock to me I'll be smacking the brick wall that is Interno in a little while. Since this is my first Diablo I decided to dedicate myself to one class for awhile before messing with the others, which means the only two characters I have right now are both monks (I keep one around for playing with some friends in normal).

Then again, there might be some patches that help me out by the time I get to Inferno...

bkar2iby6qh25qa05upz6n.gif

joesmokey

Is my dps just that low then? I sat there from start to finish (his teleport) just pumping him with blizzard + shock pulse (piercing orb) and sometimes I kill him, sometimes I don't.

Anyone?
On Inferno (Act II anyway), I can kill them at 27k DPS with only Blizzard+Venom Hydra+MM. At 22k DPS I still didn't have a problem though. How low is your DPS?

Gotchaye

Anyone?

Other than Archon, I've only had much success with Venom Hydra. The extra DPS is enormous and I've never failed to kill one if I can corner it, although sometimes I cut it close. 21k DPS, btw.

Yoshichan

I need to go to bed or something. Completely forgot about Hydra even though I've been running around with him for a week now.

Pathetic.

Thanks for the reminder guys.

Yoshichan

embalm

Anyone?

I toss a Hydra down on the other side of him and sometimes that sends him running to me, where I introduce him to all of my other spells at once. Can usually knock him down before he portals.

Yoshichan

Pretty fucking sure Road to Alcarnus treasure goblin was just hotfixed.

Good job everyone~

inky

Anyone think mobs scale too much in multiplayer? The whole issues class imbalance in inferno would be a lot better if we could actually party together and not make it harder on each other.

Some dude (from GAF I think) joined my Inferno Act I run yesterday (the one I faceroll mostly, even with some Mf pieces on) and it became impossible. Sure, I was not traited for taunts/heals/escapes, but the fucking spike in difficulty was stupid so he pretty much left 5 minutes later, lol.

I guess the problem with melee classes is that you become the default tank like this was a Wow raid (or at least glass canons expect you to be), and of course your DPS goes to shit if you try and fulfill the role properly. Whatever happened to the "every class is a DPS class" they were going on about before release? Pretty hard thing to do when your stats hunt becomes Resistances > Vitality > Armor > Str

ari

Banned
i'm playing on my own but there is a chat going on where people is spoiling the game for me through chat. This has never happen to me before, is my shit hacked?

LordCanti

Yeah. I can't find anyone with the waypoint I need though.

i'm playing on my own but there is a chat going on where people is spoiling the game for me through chat. This has never happen to me before, is my shit hacked?

I was auto-logged into general chat upon booting the game after the patch. (I say "logged in" but really you don't have to do anything but click a button to get into it)

joesmokey

Act III Inferno Wizards, did you spend much time farming The Butcher for gear drop upgrades? I haven't gotten anything worthwhile in my runs and feel like just going through what I can in Act II. I have ~27k HP/DPS and only have to avoid a couple of types that one-shot me. My resistances are fairly low as well, only ~190 with Force Armor.

At what point do you think DPS is high enough to where you don't need Magic Weapon anymore, if ever? Getting a little sick of using it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom