• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT3| Turn On Elective Mode, Get an Authenticator

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ramirez

Just got an email from WoWAccountAdmin, thought it looked like spam, but checked my account and my WoW account is banned as well, lulz. I haven't logged on to WoW since D3 came out other than to claim my CE pet. Got a key chain authenticator ordered, oh well...haven't heard back from Blizz on my ticket yet. :(

Kinitari

Black Canada Mafia
:/ I don't think I can solo the butcher, but every time I join a public game the people are really not equipped for inferno.

Petrie

Banned
So I made it to act 3 Hell no problem with my WD, but now the bosses seem to be one shotted me pretty easily. What type of items should I be in search of to prevent this perhaps?

Gotchaye

Act III Inferno Wizards, did you spend much time farming The Butcher for gear drop upgrades? I haven't gotten anything worthwhile in my runs and feel like just going through what I can in Act II. I have ~27k HP/DPS and only have to avoid a couple of types that one-shot me. My resistances are fairly low as well, only ~190 with Force Armor.

At what point do you think DPS is high enough to where you don't need Magic Weapon anymore, if ever? Getting a little sick of using it.

I was more or less able to farm the first Act 2 boss with 5 Valor stacks with less damage/HP than that. Once you get through it for the first time you can start from near the boss and work backwards, and I found that was a little easier than going forwards (and you get to skip the freakin' canyon).

But yeah, Butcher runs get depressing pretty quickly with all of the sub-60 gear you find.

Macattk15

Is my dps just that low then? I sat there from start to finish (his teleport) just pumping him with blizzard + shock pulse (piercing orb) and sometimes I kill him, sometimes I don't.

Oh and my Archon is 99% of the times already on cooldown.

Anyone?

Inferno goblins? I've only come across them in Act 1 and Act 2 as that is as far as I am .... never had a problem killing them as long as they don't run through a bunch of shit.

I pound on them with Disintegrate / Hydra and it works. I have 40k dps.

scy

At what point do you think DPS is high enough to where you don't need Magic Weapon anymore, if ever? Getting a little sick of using it.

Well, since it scales with your DPS, I'm going with "never."

So I made it to act 3 Hell no problem with my WD, but now the bosses seem to be one shotted me pretty easily. What type of items should I be in search of to prevent this perhaps?

Uh ... better VIT? Maybe start getting some +Resists? Not sure what else to say for it, really. "Get better equipment" is what it comes down to :x Also, more DPS might help you just flat out kill things before getting hit is a problem.

scy

The furthest public game is before the boss fight. The waypoint I need is after it, unfortunately. He's a PITA to solo.

So wait, just ... joining a public game to skip the stuff? Kind of want to farm Act 3/Act 4 (so I can do Act 2? Hrm ...) but don't really want to just join random games to get to where I want to be for farming.

:|

Neki

Some dude (from GAF I think) joined my Inferno Act I run yesterday (the one I faceroll mostly, even with some Mf pieces on) and it became impossible. Sure, I was not traited for taunts/heals/escapes, but the fucking spike in difficulty was stupid so he pretty much left 5 minutes later, lol.

I guess the problem with melee classes is that you become the default tank like this was a Wow raid (or at least glass canons expect you to be), and of course your DPS goes to shit if you try and fulfill the role properly. Whatever happened to the "every class is a DPS class" they were going on about before release? Pretty hard thing to do when your stats hunt becomes Resistances > Vitality > Armor > Str

Two ranged dps is usually easier to work with in groups. It's only easier solo for me because I can zerg down a elite pack with a prep and some kiting, but with two people, we need to dodge and kite for quite a bit. But it does make ressing easier in a group setting though.

LordCanti

No. It was until either OT3 or the 29th.

Then we must not be talking about the same ghosts?

There are multiple sets.
The first is Leah, then a choice of Mira Eamon, Zoltan Kuhl, and Magda, and finally Captain Rumford, Deckard Cain, and someone else I forget. The first run isn't ideal, because Leah has a damnably difficult Iskatu-esque beast, and the run to the second set is kind of long/Mira Eamon's ghost is buff if you roll her.

The third set is after the boss.

Torraz

My game won' t patch. I am trying to login then it says there is a patch. The client closes and opens a little window which says "the game is already running". Then nothing happens. What can I do? US servers, btw?

Petrie

Banned
Uh ... better VIT? Maybe start getting some +Resists? Not sure what else to say for it, really. "Get better equipment" is what it comes down to :x Also, more DPS might help you just flat out kill things before getting hit is a problem.

Yeah, I suppose that is a solution! THX

Hoo-doo

Banned
My game won' t patch. I am trying to login then it says there is a patch. The client closes and opens a little window which says "the game is already running". Then nothing happens. What can I do? US servers, btw?

Same here. EU servers.

Fuck this.

Kinitari

Black Canada Mafia
If you can't solo him than you aren't equipped for Inferno yourself, at least not for the final boss of Act 1, let alone Act 2.

I haven't tried to solo him, but everyone keeps telling me monks can't do it because of our low deeps. Aside from that, I have about 3x the survivability as anyone else I party with :(.

Torraz

Fantastic. The launcher says that the game is up-to-date. When I start the game and try to login it says there is a patch and throws me back to the desktop and opens the launcher. The launcher then again says the game is up-to-date but when I start the game it says there is a patch....

scy

There are multiple sets.
The first is Leah, then a choice of Mira Eamon, Zoltan Kuhl, and Magda, and finally Captain Rumford, Deckard Cain, and someone else I forget. The first run isn't ideal, because Leah has a damnably difficult Iskatu-esque beast, and the run to the second set is kind of long/Mira Eamon's ghost is buff if you roll her.

This reminds me that I need to go back and finally see
Rumford die

Same here. HALP

Is it running in task manager? OR

The_IT_Crowd_Wallpaper_by_phaxmohdem2-800x500.jpg

Deadly

There are multiple sets.

I only do
zultan and magdha skip the rest

Hoo-doo

Banned
Fantastic. The launcher says that the game is up-to-date. When I start the game and try to login it says there is a patch and throws me back to the desktop and opens the launcher. The launcher then again says the game is up-to-date but when I start the game it says there is a patch....

Did you play the beta or starter edition by any chance? I have a feeling that the launcher is the issue.

Is it running in task manager? OR

The_IT_Crowd_Wallpaper_by_phaxmohdem2-800x500.jpg

Ending Diablo3.exe and agent.exe off in task manager does nothing, same issue every time.

Deadly

I know, but picture the amount of time that run takes in your head. The run after Izzy is very short/almost without risk of any kind.
Takes me about 2minutes MAX a run... Guess I'll try exploring to this 3rd set but I don't think it's worth the effort if there's an Izzy encounter.

idlewild_

There are multiple sets.

The first set, second I guess if you count
Leah
, is pretty easy/quick. Plus you don't need the waypoint unlocked.

Just put on movement speed runes/passives and skip past Leah and all of the shadow things, you don't need to kill her at all. The ghosts/aspects die super fast and are probably easier than the other set, I usually skip Mira, but the other two die in under 20 seconds.

Did you play the beta or starter edition by any chance? I have a feeling that the launcher is the issue.

Ending Diablo3.exe and agent.exe off in task manager does nothing, same issue every time.

Wow, I first started up the client and it gave me an error but then it patched and worked fine when I restarted.

LordCanti

AH is open. Old auctions are gone, and there is nothing in the completed tab. Is there any way in which the AH won't screw up?

Edit: annnd it's down again.

The first set, second I guess if you count Leah, is pretty easy/quick. Plus you don't need the waypoint unlocked.

Just put on movement speed runes/passives and skip past Leah and all of the shadow things, you don't need to kill her at all. The ghosts/aspects die super fast and are probably easier than the other set, I usually skip Mira, but the other two die in under 20 seconds.

There's also a rumor that the third sets drops haven't been as nerfed. Take that with a grain of salt.

I'm already doing everything you've mentioned. Still takes twice as long as I've seen runs of the third set take on youtube

Hoo-doo

Banned
I played the open stress-test beta.

Do you also by any chance have an ugly white rectangle in your launcher window?
I am currently reinstalling the game as I have the DVD right here. I hope it works.

Ah, sweet. I take it my EU DVD version is the English (EU) client? Because I have been playing on a downloaded starter edition launcher all this time.

yacobod

Banned
Is my dps just that low then? I sat there from start to finish (his teleport) just pumping him with blizzard + shock pulse (piercing orb) and sometimes I kill him, sometimes I don't.

Oh and my Archon is 99% of the times already on cooldown.

Anyone?

venom hydra + arcane orb, anything else would be uncivilized.

is archon effective in inferno? i haven't tried it since normal and early nm.

Serious question (you may answer by PM if you prefer), but how do you manage to make lots of money in this game ? Seen many player streams with 10, 20 or more million golds. Only lucky loot and AH ? I'm in inferno and the little gold I managed to make I used it to buy resistance to all elements stuff. Now as a barb I can only farm act 1 and I'm broke as hell.

erragal

I haven't tried to solo him, but everyone keeps telling me monks can't do it because of our low deeps. Aside from that, I have about 3x the survivability as anyone else I party with :(.

What skill loadout are you running? Monk dps can be very good on a boss that gives u ample time to sit and nukedown. Everything is easier if you use overawe and shore up your defenses elsewhere however.

I was able to get on the auction house again for a while and about twenty items were missing, including a rare staff with 1000+ dps and I think 100+ vitality, hopefully it's there when it comes back.

TommyT

Serious question (you may answer by PM if you prefer), but how do you manage to make lots of money in this game ? Seen many player streams with 10, 20 or more million golds. Only lucky loot and AH ? I'm in inferno and the little gold I managed to make I used it to buy resistance to all elements stuff. Now as a barb I can only farm act 1 and I'm broke as hell.

A buddy of mine made 2mil "grinding" the auction house for a few hours buying low and selling high. I've managed to have just over a 1, but went away quickly. Don't really know how people are getting that high amount other than running a lot of GF%+. So if it's anything other than that I'd like to know as well.

scy

I run ~300% Gold Find with Nephalem Valor up and I still don't think I find that much gold, really :/

Granted, I spend it fast since I'm gearing three characters.

Could someone explain what the purppose of the non black soulstones were? In Diablo 2 we got our hands on Mephisto and Diablo's soulstones and we destroyed them at the Hell Forge.

What did that accomplish?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom