• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT3| Turn On Elective Mode, Get an Authenticator

Status
Not open for further replies.
More interesting inferno monk builds are showing up that dont involves kiting. Using Armada Kick and then thunderclap to a single guy has him kicking ass and rarely taking any damage. Then using 7 strike for a little invulnerable time,

Lots of double spirit generators using keen eye damage bonus with thunderclap or crippling wave along with mantra of that give plus damage and the wrath of heaven damage bonus nets you (48+16+15+30% damage to all your attack every three seconds. Monks is becoming more viable but the builds are taking more to work out.

maharg

idspispopd
Never played D1, what was Aidan's reasoning for shoving the stone in his god damned head?

Diablo found the people available to him to infest inadequate (a boy, a king who went mad resisting him, and a weak insane priest). He was luring someone strong to him so he could get inside his head and make him believe that putting the soulstone in his head would stop him. So by the time he got down there Diablo had been already been psychically manipulating him into doing it so he could escape.

Ricker

What's going on now...I log in,it tells me there is a patch and it will download,I click ok,I get a big Diablo window and then it says Diablo III is already running...I thought it was suppose to go up at 3 EST...it's like this game is a 25 GB MMO or something,jesus.

Torraz

The fix may be more complicated. Apparently due to different patching scheduals one needs the client version of the server language one is playing on. Thus, I as a EU player playing on the Us servers will probably need to download the US client.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
I'd rather want the AH down, than seeing a list of

Sold
Sold
Sold
Sold
Sold
Sold
Sold
Sold
Sold
Sold
Sold
Sold
Sold
Sold
Sold
Sold
Sold
Sold
Sold
Sold
Sold
Sold

So fucking silly. WE GET IT, THE ITEM IS SOLD, TAKE THAT SHIT OUT OF THE FUCKING LIST.

Sold
Sold
Sold
Sold
Sold
Sold
Sold
Sold
Sold
Sold
Sold
Sold
Sold
Sold
Sold
Sold
Sold
Sold
Sold
Sold
Sold
Sold

So fucking silly. WE GET IT, THE ITEM IS SOLD, TAKE THAT SHIT OUT OF THE FUCKING LIST.

This !

Isn't it because AH items are cached ?

Edit: even more frustrating when the item was a steal :'(

zlatko

Banned
More interesting inferno monk builds are showing up that dont involves kiting. Using Armada Kick and then thunderclap to a single guy has him kicking ass and rarely taking any damage. Then using 7 strike for a little invulnerable time,

Lots of double spirit generators using keen eye damage bonus with thunderclap or crippling wave along with mantra of that give plus damage and the wrath of heaven damage bonus nets you (48+16+15+30% damage to all your attack every three seconds. Monks is becoming more viable but the builds are taking more to work out.

And if you get hit then what? You only have a limited set of skills to work with, and surviving without the heal ones just seems near impossible lol.

RiccochetJ

Gold Member

Sold...

*snip*

If anything, let us know how much it sold for and if it was an auction win or a buyout. That would be helpful.

HenryHSH

Anyone else notice that Rare drops on Warden + Butcher runs are significantly better now? I'm getting a lot of gear with 40+ all resist while I never got any 2 days ago.

Anustart

Just started nightmare, having a blast now! Normal was pretty ho-hum, but now I'm getting some interesting elites with modifiers that make the fights at least interesting now! Good times :)

arimanius

Just started nightmare, having a blast now! Normal was pretty ho-hum, but now I'm getting some interesting elites with modifiers that make the fights at least interesting now! Good times :)

QFT. NM is where the game should begin. So much more fun over normal mode.

Never played D1, what was Aidan's reasoning for shoving the stone in his god damned head?
There was no Aiden in Diablo. The PC took on the burden of containing Diablo inside the soulstone because that's what heroes do.

For D2 it was retconned that he had been a warrior class and became known as the dark wanderer.

For D3 the retcon is that he was Leoric's son Aiden.

LordCanti

Sold
Sold
Sold
Sold
Sold
Sold
Sold
Sold
Sold
Sold
Sold

All that, and my completed list is still empty, so I can't get my completed auction items back.

pigeon

Banned
Anyone find it odd that the DH can regen her Hatred by just shooting off arrows into the ether, while the Monk's Spirit is not regen'd when he punches nothing?

DH can also regen her hatred by standing still for a while. The design (presumably) assumes that all DHs will begin every fight at full Hatred (thus free Hatred regen from shadow boxing doesn't really matter) while Monks will not always begin a fight at full Spirit unless they've specifically invested in that (so they can't be allowed to just regenerate their Spirit casually out of combat).

Just logged back in and checked AH. Last night I went to bed with 10/10 items for sale. Now I have 2/10 but nothing in my completed items. Anyone else seeing this?

zlatko

Banned
There was no Aiden in Diablo. The PC took on the burden of containing Diablo inside the soulstone because that's what heroes do.

For D2 it was retconned that he had been a warrior class and became known as the dark wanderer.

For D3 the retcon is that he was Leoric's son Aiden.

So then Leoric's Soul = Diablo. DUN DUN DUn!

Totakeke

What the shit Blizzard.

> Have the download patch but no patch download problem.
> Fix says to download another installer on battle.net
> Go to battle.net and the website is borked and can't login.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Man
Izual
is rocking me hard on Hell. He just rapes me (best i got was 17%)
What class are you? What are you dying from? The Izual (tm) Bullshit RNG-charge or anything else?

Mothman91

HOLY FUCK, took me like 10 deaths to kill a champion on Act II Hell. I have almost 4.5k DMG, is that enough or should I upgrade my weapon? It is level 51....

cilonen

Just logged back in and checked AH. Last night I went to bed with 10/10 items for sale. Now I have 2/10 but nothing in my completed items. Anyone else seeing this?

Yep, I had 5 unsold IIRC, now down to 2 but nothing showing up completed. I'm going to see what it looks like tomorrow morning (on UK time here).

Edit: actually came in here to wonder aloud why the hell it's joining me into some IRC general chat thing now. Surely I should decide if I want to do that.

What the fuck. I'm extremely scared to log in after work now. Last night was the first night I decided to finally sell some really good shit on that AH and I went all out (10/10) one of which is a legendary. Hardcore items as well.

Fuck you Blizzard if you fucked me over.

Bakphoon

Has a solution for the EU client people who want to play on US servers, but get stuck in the update loop been posted yet?

battle.net forum post said:
go to
"C:\ProgramData\Battle.net\Agent" (its a hidden folder, so make hidden folders visible before)

and open "agent.db" (make a backup of the file first)

Edit all instances (3 of them) of "http://enGB.patch.battle.net:1119/patch" in the file into "http://enUS.patch.battle.net:1119/patch" and save the file.

(instead of "enGB" there could be "deDE, esMX, ptBR, koKR ,zhTW ,deDE, esES , itIT, plPL". dependand on your language.)

If something about a corrupted .MPQ file will pop up, just delete the mpq file. It will be redownloaded. The update should be around 3.94 MB

Worked for me at least. Didn't need to redownload the 8 GB :)

sheesh, ran into my first pack of elite monsters in act 2 inferno, shit was real. It didn't help that I had like a lot of those monsters that through the mortars out there also, but I wasn't doing any damage. Guess it's time to farm up!

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
Man
Izual

Have you tried circling around the big holes to prevent him from doing his crazy charge? That's the only way I could beat him on Nightmare.

Ricker

The fix may be more complicated. Apparently due to different patching scheduals one needs the client version of the server language one is playing on. Thus, I as a EU player playing on the Us servers will probably need to download the US client.

Is this what's happening right now?...I bought the french version of the game but always connected on the America servers,now for some reason it won't let me patch the game if I stay on the America servers but if I switch to Euro servers it works,but my level 25 WD is not there of course...they say there will be a maintenance tomorrow Paris time bla bla bla...if they change this,I wont be able to play my America WD anymore??...why are they messing around with this?

Did you guys get a patch on the America servers or it's still down?

Deadly

AH is going on and off. My expired items/bought items were on the completed tab, just takes time to load. I have 4 auctions up but it's written 3/10 :lol

scy

So what you all are saying is that I should be happy that I'm stuck at work rather than home with the broken AH? Hooray!

goober

+All resists is better than +Stats? (Like +70ish All resist on bracers over +100ish Strength on Bracers for Barb?

Or if an item were to have +stats should I pick Vit over Str as a barb?

erragal

DH can also regen her hatred by standing still for a while. The design (presumably) assumes that all DHs will begin every fight at full Hatred (thus free Hatred regen from shadow boxing doesn't really matter) while Monks will not always begin a fight at full Spirit unless they've specifically invested in that (so they can't be allowed to just regenerate their Spirit casually out of combat).

Its fundamentally impossible for a monk to ever match a DH in raw damage output because of the insane resource disparity between the two classes. I hated my monk until I got my passive spirit regen over 6; with that and quickening + 25% critical you actually feel somewhat powerful at times. I'm not sure why DH needs better resource management than every other class by
default; they already have the best kiting potential and a secondary resource as well. Its overtuned a bit and going to be the first slight nerf that causes am uproar.

LordCanti

AH is going on and off. My expired items/bought items were on the completed tab, just takes time to load. I have 4 auctions up but it's written 3/10 :lol

I've yet to actually lose an item on the AH. It has always sorted itself out thus far, thankfully.

Kinitari

Black Canada Mafia
What skill loadout are you running? Monk dps can be very good on a boss that gives u ample time to sit and nukedown. Everything is easier if you use overawe and shore up your defenses elsewhere however.

1h w/ shield, trancendance, one with everything, seize the initiative.

35k HP, 14k DPS 450 resistance.

Jinko

Is this what's happening right now?...I bought the french version of the game but always connected on the America servers,now for some reason it won't let me patch the game if I stay on the America servers but if I switch to Euro servers it works,but my level 25 WD is not there of course...they say there will be a maintenance tomorrow Paris time bla bla bla...if they change this,I wont be able to play my America WD anymore??...why are they messing around with this?

Did you guys get a patch on the America servers or it's still down?

Yea this is the problem, EU patch is tomorrow, US have already had their patch.

The EU client can't connect to the US servers at the moment due to differences in the code, you will need to do what was suggested above, rename the MPQ files or re-download the client completely.

cilonen

What the fuck. I'm extremely scared to log in after work now. Last night was the first night I decided to finally sell some really good shit on that AH and I went all out (10/10) one of which is a legendary. Hardcore items as well.

Fuck you Blizzard if you fucked me over.

It's eventually worked itself out after previous AH outages. If they're still missing in 12 hours I'll be concerned enough to open a ticket with Blizz.

Cipherr

Man
Izual

Worst case scenario. Kite him around the circles and let Tyrael and your DPS for Hire handle him while you gather yourself to run back in with cooldowns up and take him on. If you are ranged, you should be kiting him around the circles anyway and blasting him from the other sides of them.

Its fundamentally impossible for a monk to ever match a DH in raw damage output because of the insane resource disparity between the two classes. I hated my monk until I got my passive spirit regen over 6; with that and quickening + 25% critical you actually feel somewhat powerful at times. I'm not sure why DH needs better resource management than every other class by
default; they already have the best kiting potential and a secondary resource as well. Its overtuned a bit and going to be the first slight nerf that causes am uproar.

Jesus Christ haters gonna hate. DH have our own issues that classes like your Monk sail through. Resist itemization for one. Please dont even get me started, yeah we have it good when it comes to damage, our resource design reflects that, but Demon Hunters are not some jesus class.

joesmokey

just hit Hell with my wizard, with about 7k DPS, any setups you guys prefer to use? Also is diamond skin a must-use now?
I was able to cruise through Acts I/II Hell with: Magic Missle/Split, Arcane Orb/Arcane Nova, Frost Nova/Cold Snap, Wave of Force/Forceful Wave, Energy Armor/Force Armor, Magic Weapon/Force Weapon.

I could pretty much blow up anything before it approached me with Arcane Orb, then Frost Nova/Wave of Force for any survivors.

It's not really until the second half of Act III where you start needing to worry about survivability options as the mobs get a huge HP boost. Venom Hydra/Blizzard, Diamond Skin, etc. then become the norm here.

scy

+All resists is better than +Stats? (Like +70ish All resist on bracers over +100ish Strength on Bracers for Barb?

Or if an item were to have +stats should I pick Vit over Str as a barb?

Assuming your Resists and Armor are close in their damage reduction, +70 All Resists is approximately equal to +700 Armor or +700 Strength. If you're looking to survive, then +70 Resists is amazing for you. Well, unless you already have 600+ Resists or something.

cilonen

This AH is a pile of shit. :(

I get the feeling it will never work.

Right now the prospect of a real money version is downright scary. Not only do I not trust them enough to use it, it'll also split the market so all the good items only turn up on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom