• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT3| Turn On Elective Mode, Get an Authenticator

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd rather want the AH down, than seeing a list of

Sold
Sold

So fucking silly. WE GET IT, THE ITEM IS SOLD, TAKE THAT SHIT OUT OF THE FUCKING LIST.

Oh god this. What the hell is the point of this, drives me mad. "OH shit a perfect item!" *SOLD!* "FFFFFFFFFFFFFFF"

Right now the prospect of a real money version is downright scary. Not only do I not trust them enough to use it, it'll also split the market so all the good items only turn up on it.
Don't they charge you for posting something on the real AH? That and hopefully it's more of a hassle... but it could really screw things up.

Ricker

Yea this is the problem, EU patch is tomorrow, US have already had their patch.

The EU client can't connect to the US servers at the moment due to differences in the code, you will need to do what was suggested above, rename the MPQ files or re-download the client completely.

Or hopefully wait till the Euro patch tomorrow,then all versions will be the same and I can continue playing my WD on the America servers?

scy

1h w/ shield, trancendance, one with everything, seize the initiative.

35k HP, 14k DPS 450 resistance.

Yeah I don't really have much trouble with him when duoing with 9k DPS, 25k HP, and 350 Resistances.

just hit Hell with my wizard, with about 7k DPS, any setups you guys prefer to use? Also is diamond skin a must-use now?

Hell is about the last difficulty where I found Diamond Skin really worth it, to be honest. In Inferno, it doesn't last long enough to warrant the slot over Teleport or Mirror Image really.

snack

I'd rather want the AH down, than seeing a list of

Sold
Sold
Sold
Sold
Sold
Sold
Sold
Sold
Sold
Sold
Sold
Sold
Sold
Sold
Sold
Sold
Sold
Sold
Sold
Sold
Sold
Sold

So fucking silly. WE GET IT, THE ITEM IS SOLD, TAKE THAT SHIT OUT OF THE FUCKING LIST.
It'd be nice if we could hover our mouse on the "sold" and it'd show the price at which it sold for. Just my two cents...

Jinko

Jesus Christ haters gonna hate. DH have our own issues that classes like your Monk sail through. Resist itemization for one. Please dont even get me started, yeah we have it good when it comes to damage, our resource design reflects that, but Demon Hunters are not some jesus class.

Agree, Even with 5k armor im still as squishy as I ever was.

Or hopefully wait till the Euro patch tomorrow,then all versions will be the same and I can continue playing my WD on the America servers?

Yup if you are happy to wait that's an alternative.

I don't see any problem with the sold items, if its sold I couldn't care less its not like I can change it.

Something I'd like to know are you guys using the recommended items to gear up are you searching for specific items ?

erragal

1h w/ shield, trancendance, one with everything, seize the initiative.

35k HP, 14k DPS 450 resistance.

I meant your skills with runes actually. I will note I killed butcher with 27k HP, 7k dps and 290 resist and no one with everything ( Life per spirit is the best stat IMO) so you should not be having any issues. It must be a build issue if you're not putting out enough dps.

Currently I use: Serenity- Peaceful repose, Mystic ally - air, Sweeping wind - cyclone, mantra of conviction - overawe, fists of thunder - quickening, cyclone strike - wall of wind.

I find it amazing on everything except invulnerable minions. They suck.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
It'd be nice if we could hover our mouse on the "sold" and it'd show the price at which it sold for. Just my two cents...

THIS.

scy

You and I have the best times to be stuck at work since game release. xD

Pretty much. At worst, I took some time off during launch week and had some higher-than-normal latency.

Barring the AH balancing precariously between life and death, I've really had no technical issues with D3 since launch.

The worst is having all 10 auction slots filled and nothing sells, and having to wait 2 days to be able to list other items as your stash is overflowing with rares =/

Fularu

Banned
What class are you? What are you dying from? The Izual (tm) Bullshit RNG-charge or anything else?
Barb

Bullshit charge or hidden by mobs frost orbs and getting gang raped. Tried kitting to no avail (while I can easily solo every champion/elite packs so far through kitting

RDreamer

I'm really loving my tweaks to my Monk's build. You can see it here. I might tweak it a little bit. I was playing around with pandemonium on Seven-Sided Strike. I might change that, still. The recent changes to that build is putting on deadly reach. I used to use Wave of Light with the rune that made it explode or whatever. That was good crowd control, but now I need armor. So I switch between deadly reach for 3 hits and then Way of the Hundred Fists for about 5 or 6 clicks. I pretty much always have the crit stack from the rune in that up, too. And the other recent change is Time of Need on Mantra of Healing. I used to use Circular Breathing, but I wasn't using that much spirit and I really need resists, so it made sense to switch. Now my guy can take on quite a bit that he couldn't before.

Ferrio

Banned
I say pay a fee if you want to cancel the auction anytime.

Maybe like 1k gold?

That isn't a fee. 15% of what you put it up for.

Personally I like the "Can't cancel it". It's annoying, but makes the market stabalize more... if people were constantly cancelling the prices would fluctuate way too much.

zlatko

Banned
Pretty much. At worst, I took some time off during launch week and had some higher-than-normal latency.

Barring the AH balancing precariously between life and death, I've really had no technical issues with D3 since launch.

I've had it not unlock achievos, d/c and lose 15+ min progress, high latency, AH issues, and straight up black screen freeze my entire PC forcing me to hard reset it.

Still love the game. Dying to play it 24/7.

Newb question...abilities like Haunt and Rend stack, right? In other words, if I hit the same target twice with a DoT or similar ability, they'll both do their damage normally? Or does it just extend the timer like WoW?

scy

Jesus Christ haters gonna hate. DH have our own issues that classes like your Monk sail through. Resist itemization for one. Please dont even get me started, yeah we have it good when it comes to damage, our resource design reflects that, but Demon Hunters are not some jesus class.

I actually really dislike DH Hatred generation. It's front loaded with "bad" recovery options. Monk Spirit is overflowing compared to it. Figuring out Hatred was probably the worst part of playing my DH after Monk for awhile.

The worst is having all 10 auction slots filled and nothing sells, and having to wait 2 days to be able to list other items as your stash is overflowing with rares =/

Worst part is having all 10 auction slots filled with items that, even if they all sold, would only get you a few thousand each.

I think I'll start vendoring things that won't AH for 100k+ minimum.

idlewild_

Man
Izual
is rocking me hard on Hell. He just rapes me (best i got was 17%)

What class are you? At 17% you're well past the hard parts of the fight and it sounds like you just need to give it a few more tries. If you are really having a lot of trouble with doing the whole fight in a go, and you have a ranged snare, you can pathing bug him:
Kite him to the left hand side next to one of the circles. Have him closer to you than Tyreal/follower, but still across the hole. Slow him and run around the circle so that Tyreal and your follower are now between him and you. He'll try to run at you past Tyreal and your follower but can't get through. Make sure to immune/shield the frost attack and enjoy your free kill.

it's crazy how broken the pathing in this game is.

erragal

Worst case scenario. Kite him around the circles and let Tyrael and your DPS for Hire handle him while you gather yourself to run back in with cooldowns up and take him on. If you are ranged, you should be kiting him around the circles anyway and blasting him from the other sides of them.

I wasn't hating. They don't have to work to manage resources like every other class which allows them to itemize better. Its not even just a monk vs Dh thing... I find the monk fine( could maybe use 1 spirit per second passive regen at all levels) even compared to how hard wds have it in inferno. You're being unrealistic if you don't find your resources a bit too easy to manage; I mean u can shoot the air to
regen them??? Relax a bit!

Sophia

Fallen Maniacs are stupid.

Fallen Maniacs I can't see because of the level layout are really stupid

Fallen Maniacs in the middle of a rare pack that I can't see because of the level lay out? Fuck my life. -.-;

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
Barb

Bullshit charge or hidden by mobs frost orbs and getting gang raped. Tried kitting to no avail (while I can easily solo every champion/elite packs so far through kitting

Wrath of the Berserker + Earthquake + Call of the Ancients should do it.

Keep Leap Attack around to get away from the frost orbs when necessary. Have some +run speed % so you can run around the pits while your abilities recharge.

K.Sabot

Fallen Maniacs are stupid.

Fallen Maniacs I can't see because of the level layout are really stupid

Fallen Maniacs in the middle of a rare pack that I can't see because of the level lay out? Fuck my life. -.-;

I can't imagine the horror of Hardcore Inferno Act 3, but I will watch Kungen eagerly try it.

Kenaras

Yes, it would be. When I really want to know, I set my maximum buyout filter lower and lower until the item disappears from the search results. You can usually get a pretty good estimate of the selling price in just a few seconds.

The Diablo servers are full :D you are in queue for game, or smth like that.

Estimated waiting time: 1 min 10 seconds.

Fucking unbelievable. I'm rage quitting this game :p

Sophia

I can't imagine the horror of Hardcore Inferno Act 3, but I will watch Kungen eagerly try it.

Yeah, I saw "Horde Mortar Minions" and was like "Wow, this'll be easy!"

And then I die instantly and just kinda was like.... wtf?

The Diablo servers are full :D you are in queue for game, or smth like that.

Estimated waiting time: 1 min 10 seconds.

Fucking unbelievable. I'm rage quitting this game :p

Rage quitting huh?
You'll be back. They always come back

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
What a trainwreck this game is :/
Yesterday, I told my friend that this launch reminded me of the launch of FFXIV.

It's almost that bad.

scy

You're being unrealistic if you don't find your resources a bit too easy to manage; I mean u can shoot the air to
regen them??? Relax a bit!

Unless I've been playing my DH wrong, it's +Hatred on hit just like Spirit. They just have passive Hatred regen. Which Monks can also get if you want. And the Regen is pretty useless mid-combat for the most part as it's all about the per-hit and Monks win that by a mile, really. My Monk blows through thousands upon thousands of Spirit per fight in Inferno. I use a few hundred on my DH.

Seriously, servers full? Blizzard is full of stupid.

Also remember, even if the servers are up, and you can get online, if the AH is down, the game is ostensibly broken.

kanye_nbc.jpg

Blizzard doesn't care about single player.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
Unless I've been playing my DH wrong, it's +Hatred on hit just like Spirit. They just have passive Hatred regen. Which Monks can also get if you want. And the Regen is pretty useless mid-combat for the most part as it's all about the per-hit and Monks win that by a mile, really. My Monk blows through thousands upon thousands of Spirit per fight in Inferno. I use a few hundred on my DH.

Whiffing attacks as DH definitely builds Hatred.

Revoh

Are treasure goblins invulnerable to barb's ground stomp? or any kind of stun?
I'm in inferno now and my DPS is low, like 12-14k atm, goblins almost always escape from me, how do you guys playing barbarian kill him? Any tips?
Thanks

Sophia

Obvious answer... but hardcore :(?

If it was hardcore, my post would be about ten times longer and one of the mods would have to ban me just to get me to chill out.

Luckily, I'm not crazy enough to play Hardcore. Not yet anyhow.

Hardcore has a different message too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom