• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT3| Turn On Elective Mode, Get an Authenticator

Status
Not open for further replies.
Newb question...abilities like Haunt and Rend stack, right? In other words, if I hit the same target twice with a DoT or similar ability, they'll both do their damage normally? Or does it just extend the timer like WoW?

Anybody? I guess it's possible these two work differently since Rend is an area effect and Haunt hits a target, but I still haven't been able to figure out if I'm just extending the timer by re-casting these types of spells.

I played a Warlock in WoW, hard to escape that mentality. ;p

TheExodu5

Banned
Just hit 60 not long ago.

Bought this off the AH for my Witch Doctor for 155K. I use Haunt too, which means that 8% extra damage is nice. Good deal?

slicedeluge.png

If it was hardcore, my post would be about ten times longer and one of the mods would have to ban me just to get me to chill out.

Luckily, I'm not crazy enough to play Hardcore. Not yet anyhow.

Hardcore has a different message too.

Serious question... why are you posting about a random death in softcore?

RDreamer

Well, with my new Monk build I can survive a bit longer in Act 2 Inferno. Those fucking wasps are goddamned ridiculous, though, and it seems like this act always want to throw elite wasps at me too as though the regular ones aren't bad enough...

scoobs

God damn Belial inferno is something crazy. 33k dps and its simply not enough. Need run speed boots, and about 10k more dps to stand any chance really. Stupidly hard fight with lag (which is present 95% of the time cuz the servers are super stable)

Sophia

Those bloody fallen maniacs are doing more damage than champion packs are. I just slaughtered a Reflect Damage Plagued pack in about eight seconds and didn't lose any health, but those Fallen Maniacs have killed me twice, and nearly killed me about five times since I started. >_>;

scy

ok, what's a good build for solo Wizards in hell? I keep on getting facerolled by mobs.

Off-hand, I did:
Electrocute > Lightning Blast
Blizzard > Snowbound
Magic Weapon > Force Weapon
Energy Armor > Force Armor (for awhile, just Frost Nova > Cold Snap here)
Diamond Skin > Crystal Shell
Hydra > Venom Hydra

Passives: Astral Presence, Galvanizing Ward, and I tried Arcane Dynamo for a lot of Hell for beefier Hydras.

Fast Teleport Vortex Waller Fallen Maniac pack might have been the most hilariously sad pack I've ever seen.

They all blew up my Templar.

erragal

Unless I've been playing my DH wrong, it's +Hatred on hit just like Spirit. They just have passive Hatred regen. Which Monks can also get if you want. And the Regen is pretty useless mid-combat for the most part as it's all about the per-hit and Monks win that by a mile, really. My Monk blows through thousands upon thousands of Spirit per fight in Inferno. I use a few hundred on my DH.
(

DHs get it for activation not on hit so shooting the air is very viable and quite useful in inferno. Maybe its a bug? I found their resource system far more fluid and usable than a monk prior to my monk being specifically geared for it. I don't even know how people run around with non fist weapons with no spirit regent; that seems suicidal.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Yeah 2 years, almost 3? after release they MAY get shit right.
Don't be hating on my future online game I'll be playin', hater!

And if you get hit then what? You only have a limited set of skills to work with, and surviving without the heal ones just seems near impossible lol.

Wrath of heaven is a heal with 15% boost to damage, Every spirit spender is decent heal when you spam them and sanctuary heals you and gives you invulnerability and heal on spirit use. More then enough heals. At IAS of more than 2 per second you can spam your roundhouse with knock fast enough to not take any melee damage. But you need decent spirit regen a second to keep it up.

Monks are going to take a while to sink in and great builds to come out.

Just hit 60 not long ago.

Bought this off the AH for my Witch Doctor for 155K. I use Haunt too, which means that 8% extra damage is nice. Good deal?

slicedeluge.png

As a fellow Witch Doctor who hit 60 a couple of nights ago, just started Inferno, and uses Haunt all the time... I am extraordinarily jealous.

Sophia

Latency seems pretty good post-patch. I'm sitting at 118 MS. Not bad at all. If it stays this way, I might tempt Hardcore mode after I finish Hell.

Coming soon: Auction House queues.

Don't laugh; You know it's going to happen.

Hasn't it already kinda happened with the lag between a purchase? I mean I figure that's basically what that is. =p

scy

(

DHs get it for activation not on hit so shooting the air is very viable and quite useful in inferno. Maybe its a bug? I found their resource system far more fluid and usable than a monk prior to my monk being specifically geared for it. I don't even know how people run around with non fist weapons with no spirit regent; that seems suicidal.

That might just be it, then. My Monk has been geared for Spirit generation (High Crit for Quickening) for awhile and Normal through Hell is pretty easy regardless anyway. I still don't remember any real big Spirit issues outside of needing some Regen to start fights at full. That's annoying at best but full Hatred isn't as big of a deal vs Spirit. Meanwhile, I find generating Hatred to be a bit of an annoyance vs Spirit, though I'm kiting so much that it probably doesn't matter anyway.

ooo So with the update the 3 second skill on Mantra of Healing is a 3 second absorption shield. Boon of Healing is no Boon of inspiration giving a bonus 186life per hit. So now the the mantra is 200 something life back per second plus almost 200 life per hit after a short 3 second grace period of shielding

Thats kinda a buff right? right?

scy

Wrath of heaven is a heal with 15% boost to damage, Every spirit spender is decent heal when you spam them and sanctuary heals you and gives you invulnerability and heal on spirit use. More then enough heals. At IAS of more than 2 per second you can spam your roundhouse with knock fast enough to not take any melee damage. But you need decent spirit regen a second to keep it up.

Monks are going to take a while to sink in and great builds to come out.

Flinch lock doesn't seem that much fun, though last I tried something like it was with the Stun chance rather than Knockback flinching. I think most Inferno Monks have something that works, just need to reach the right level of mitigation and spirit generation (and Life per Spirit) to keep a constant cycle of healing going. The fact a lot of us take Seven-sided Strike purely for the few moments of invulnerability should say a lot, really.

ooo So with the update the 3 second skill on Mantra of Healing is a 3 second absorption shield. Boon of Healing is no Boon of inspiration giving a bonus 186life per hit. So now the the mantra is 200 something life back per second plus almost 200 life per hit after a short 3 second grace period of shielding

Thats kinda a buff right? right?

Well, that's interesting at least. Kind of makes Conviction > Reclamation's 30% chance to heal kind of uh ... not worth it.

zlatko

Banned
Don't be hating on my future online game I'll be playin', hater!

I just renewed a month to get the Legacy items like the choco mount. Idk why I can't give up on that game entirely. Played XI for 6 years on and off and never found a game that I fell in love with like I did that ever after, so I keep hoping SE will remedy XIV to be that spirtual successor to XI I need.

XIV is still dildos though right now imo.

GJS

What's up with blizzard not updating every region simultaneously?

The America's are on 1.0.2 now, whilst EU and Asia are not, completely breaking global play.
You have to go and edit the agent.db file to the american patch region to play on the US servers, I have no idea how it works retrograde for US players playing in the other regions.

scy

The America's are on 1.0.2 now, whilst EU and Asia are not, completely breaking global play.
You have to go and edit the agent.db file to the american patch region to play on the US servers, I have no idea how it works retrograde for US players playing in the other regions.

Payback for staggered launches the other way, obviously.

10 Armor = 1 All Resistance/Physical Resistance in terms of Physical Damage.

30 Armor/3 Resistance = +1% EHP.

Now, when it comes to Magical Damage, armor does nothing.

Armor and Resistance aren't Diminishing returns like you would think, each point of Armor gives just as much Effective HP as the last. 30 Armor would give +1% EHP, 900 Armor from a Shield would give +30% EHP.

I don't think this is true. The tooltip specifically says "Reduces damage from incoming attacks". That suggests to me that armor reduces ALL incoming damage, magical or physical.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
"Each hit adds 201 health"

Gets scaled with difficulties or not?

T.O.P

Banned

how can i open the Agent.db file?

i don't have Access on this pc D:

scy

I don't think this is true. The tooltip specifically says "Reduces damage from incoming attacks". That suggests to me that armor reduces ALL incoming damage, magical or physical.

Yeah, Armor should be a global reduction. And I'm still not sure how EHP is supposed to scale linearly when Armor and Resistances aren't linear themselves: Armor / (Armor + 50 * EnemyLevel) and Resistance / (Resistance + 5 * EnemyLevel).

While we're at it, assuming the mitigations are pretty close (e.g., 5000 Armor and 500 Resistances currently):
10 STR = 10 INT = 10 Armor = 1 Resistance

Since the stats keep getting forgotten in this. Throw 10 DEX in there for Seize the Initiative on Monks.

neoism

WOOOW all ready on OT3 lol
Been at the beach for like 5 days. How is the patch. I was sooo sacred logging on a mintue ago becasue I thought my account my have been hacked from me not logging in for 5 days. The patch thankfully downloaded fine, and my account is unhacked :p Is the patch anygood

Sophia

WOOOW all ready on OT3 lol
Been at the beach for like 5 days. How is the patch. I was sooo sacred logging on a mintue ago becasue I thought my account my have been hacked from me not logging in for 5 days. The patch thankfully downloaded fine, and my account is unhacked :p Is the patch anygood

It's mostly just stability and bugfixes. Nothing any new. So far I've noticed that latency is a lot lower.

Ikuu

Had his dog run over by Blizzard's CEO
how can i open the Agent.db file?

i don't have Access on this pc D:
If you have Windows7 it should be in C:\ProgramData\Battle.net\Agent, you can open it with Notepad. Just changed all the patch locations to enUS.

Yoshichan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom