• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT3| Turn On Elective Mode, Get an Authenticator

Status
Not open for further replies.

d00d3n

The game launcher installed the new patch. When I start the game and try to log in I am kicked out of the game and asked to install the patch. Good job, Blizzard.

magicstop

Dear Blizzard,

Fix your shit and give me a fucking game that never used to have problems.

Thanks,
A Concerned Diablo/Diablo 2 Junkie

oneils

Alright, after some retardedly ugly algebra, here is the precise conversion rate for armor / resistance.

Code:
              (A+50E)^2
K =   ---------------------------
         10(R+5E)^2 + 10R - A

K = Amount of armor equivalent to 1 point of resistance
E = Enemy level
R = Resist you're testing against

Example:

Current Armor = A = 6978
Current Fire Resist = R = 296
Enemy Level = E = 60

K = 33.2

So, when comparing 2 items, 33 armor will give me the same protection against fire as 1 fire resist (or all resist)

this obviously isn't something you can go computing in your head so maybe it belongs on a spreadsheet somewhere.

A couple simple observations that you can do just by looking at the formula and without computing anything:

1) As enemy level increases, armor starts getting more cost efficient. Never better, but more cost efficient.
2) As your resists start getting higher and higher, armor also becomes more cost efficient.

Someone made a tool comparing relative values of vitality and armor (not sure if it includes resists). It takes a while to load: http://www.swfcabin.com/open/1337704597

Hoo-doo

Banned
Reinstalling the game from disk fixed the issue for me. Just reached Act 3 on my Wizard.

The issue with the patch fucking up every time, that is.

Big Chungus

Anyone know how I can block someone using their character name?

Some guy keeps inviting me to his game and I can't talk to him or block him.

Shouta

Who has better mobility and defensive capabilities: Barb or Monk?

Trying to decide on second character. Leaning barb because I already have a dex character and I don't like dodge as the primary means of defense.

Monk seems faster though, and just a bit more interesting.

Both have plus/minuses.

Monk has two mobility attacks (Dashing Strike and Tempest Rush) and several movement up traits. It also has several defensive techinques, Serenity (Invincibility Bubble), Sanctuary (Impassible Barrier), Lashing Tail Kick (knockback or Stun). It also has several defensive auras. Evasion, Retribution, Healing. Also get several great traits in there as well.

Barb likely has similar options, I think Leap is in there, War Cry, and a few other things. I haven't played Barb so I don't really know but I highly doubt they wouldn't leave some options out.

Ricker

Reinstalling the game from disk fixed the issue for me. Just reached Act 3 on my Wizard.

The issue with the patch fucking up every time, that is.

I will wait till tomorrow,when all regions will be patched...in the meantime,I will make a DH on the Euro servers... or better yet,play a game that works like Dragon's Dogma or Tera :p

Gouty

Bloodborne is shit
So excited to play on my lunch break.....sigh

Here, let me help you retrieve my character.

Its the broke ass, completely unremarkable barbarian. Any will do.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Seriously what the hell is going on with this game? Super terrible stuttering, failed logins all over, bizarre lag out issues, fucked up AH...This is insane.

I think at this point, I can easily say this is the worst game launch I've personally ever experienced (I'm sure there have been worse but nothing that I have been part of). I thought that things would have stabilized with in a few days, maybe a week but 2 weeks in and things are still a mess.

MrDaravon

FUCK, shouldn't have logged off when I went to eat :(

Tuesdays are MY ONLY DAY to play this game with my best friend, we couldn't even get on until about 2:30 our time and now we can't even get back on. This is pretty fucked.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
I think at this point, I can easily say this is the worst game launch I've personally ever experienced (I'm sure there have been worse but nothing that I have been part of). I thought that things would have stabilized with in a few days, maybe a week but 2 weeks in and things are still a mess.

Agreed. I felt the same...Give them a week to figure their shit out. But this is beyond excusable now.

don't think you can call this the worst launch, 2 weeks after, we're beyond launch. This is just :|

Ploid 3.0

Figured something fishy was going on with the servers, I kept getting lagged out then threw my hands up and stopped playing. I'm so glad I'm not interested in playing hardcore characters, though armor repairs do add up.

Both have plus/minuses.

Monk has two mobility attacks (Dashing Strike and Tempest Rush) and several movement up traits. It also has several defensive techinques, Serenity (Invincibility Bubble), Sanctuary (Impassible Barrier), Lashing Tail Kick (knockback or Stun). It also has several defensive auras. Evasion, Retribution, Healing. Also get several great traits in there as well.

Barb likely has similar options, I think Leap is in there, War Cry, and a few other things. I haven't played Barb so I don't really know but I highly doubt they wouldn't leave some options out.

How do you find the reliance on dex for avoidance and damage?

I tend to not like RNG for life/death as it's spiky.

eek5

Both have plus/minuses.

Barb can move during jail with Furious Charge but it doesn't have anything to break CC like freeze. It can completely avoid some CC using Wrath of the Berserker (15s, 120s cooldown) or well timed Leaps though.

In terms of moving, Barb has Sprint which is incredibly fast (50% increased run speed for 5s with rune). In later-game builds, you don't really use any Fury spenders so you can basically Sprint forever.

Defensively, both are pretty good. Monk benefits from dodge more because they use dex for damage. Both have armor/passive bonuses but Barb should be able to get to 10k buffed armor a lot easier whereas Monk can get high resists a lot cheaper (combined resists w/ One With Everything) As far as Barb skills go, Sprint is great for running away/kiting and Ground Stomp is excellent at stunning groups of enemies and doing slight crowd control.

I think Barb is better at healing because of flat % based heal skills when you look at it without armor but Monk can get spirit/life bonuses on head/weapon that kind of evens it out.

Question. I'm currently at level 47, Monk, and still pretty confused about how the damage system works. Right now, 1 Dexterity is about 1,5 DPS for me. So when I search for weapons, I want them to have 150+ Dex, rather than 50+ DPS, since the dexterity alone would raise me about 200 DPS. Am I going about this the right way, or does GAF have the arguments and maths to set me straight?

GJS

yeah, I had updated in US already, when i switch to EU it just loops me from the game to the patcher and back. Probably related to NA's login issues.

The EU/Asia client and servers are not updated, so EU client's can't play on US servers and US clients can't play on EU servers.

Agreed. I really want to love this game and I am greatly enjoying it when it's playable. Unfortunately the myriad of issues are absolutely killing it for me.

Welp, I cannot even patch the game. I go to login, and it says a patch is available and kicks me back to the launcher, where it then says that Diablo 3 is already running, and closes itself.

Infinite loop.

LiK

dang it, was kicking ass in Hell with two other guys and server needs to shut down. guess they need to check the Heroes Retrieving bug...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom