• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT3| Turn On Elective Mode, Get an Authenticator

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Seems like i lost all my achievements today, and i get a message saying "There was an error retrieving achievements data"...

Ilive1up

friend gave me a pass to play, but it's stuck on the retrieve character part. kind of annoying. anyone else getting this?

nevermin. at least i'm not the only one.

this always online BS is pretty lame.

Kenaras

I don't even know how people run around with non fist weapons with no spirit regent; that seems suicidal.

Spirit regen is a very weak stat in a toe-to-toe fight, but anytime you're forced into kiting it becomes the most essential stat. I always try to keep some passive spirt regen on my gear, and when I can't do that I run with either Circular Breathing or Chant of Resonance.

Kinitari

Black Canada Mafia
I meant your skills with runes actually. I will note I killed butcher with 27k HP, 7k dps and 290 resist and no one with everything ( Life per spirit is the best stat IMO) so you should not be having any issues. It must be a build issue if you're not putting out enough dps.

Currently I use: Serenity- Peaceful repose, Mystic ally - air, Sweeping wind - cyclone, mantra of conviction - overawe, fists of thunder - quickening, cyclone strike - wall of wind.

I find it amazing on everything except invulnerable minions. They suck.

I just haven't tried him yet, I actually am doing good... I guess I am just over worrying... I can give him a shot now!

Gotchaye

Yeah, Armor should be a global reduction. And I'm still not sure how EHP is supposed to scale linearly when Armor and Resistances aren't linear themselves: Armor / (Armor + 50 * EnemyLevel) and Resistance / (Resistance + 5 * EnemyLevel).

EHP is HP/(1-DR), so if you have 75% damage reduction you have 4*HP EHP. (1-DR) is 50*mlvl / (Armor + 50*mlvl), so EHP is HP * (Armor/50mlvl + 1). So each point of armor increases EHP by the same amount (HP/50mlvl). For 0 resists, obviously.

Thanks guys.

It scales with the skill itself but not the difficulty I believe. The actual multiplier for each skill is different as well, so cleave for example only has a .6 multiplier so you only get 60% of your on hit hp. For the most part most skills have high enough multipliers that +life on hit is worth using.

Jesus Bliz what the fuck are you doing.

Well, they did rush the release of this game so soon after the last one. And they did sell it at a reasonable price, with allowances for those with poor internet connections. And I think you may be forgetting what a fun challenge the game is right out of the box without having to waste 15-20 hours per character to get to the fun stuff like some other games.

Allow them this one small thing whydontcha.

eek5

I thought it was always just a chance on hit (with a rune that increased the probability of proc)?

Relentless is the one where fury costs nothing and damage is reduced 50%. I don't think anyone uses that in Inferno though (I'd rather have stacked armor or 20% reduction from non-physical). I don't understand why they would change it though. I toyed around with a build where I'd drop to 20% then switch to weapon throw and just spam it non stop and it was not that good lol

BlueSteel

Auction house just ate one of the items I was trying to sell D:

So, I'm not quite sure what's a good DPS to have for DH at level 36. Right now mine's about 1000. I have a lot of room for improvement, but is that decent? Doing act 1 in nightmare at the moment.

xelios

Universal Access can be found under System Preferences
Couldn't beat Act II boss solo or with public groups I tried on inferno. Sad panda. Guess I'll stop trying for now since I've hit a wall and gear/hp/dps wise I'm good and nothing I could upgrade without millions. (wizard) I may just hop into act 3 or 4 and farm some slow mobs.

Woo-Fu

Banned
Played for a bit after the patch, auction house is even flakier than pre-patch, if that is all possible. Then I got "too many inputs" and disconnected, now I can't even retrieve the hero list. Maybe next patch they'll just come and burn my house down.

HenryHSH

Relentless is the one where fury costs nothing and damage is reduced 50%. I don't think anyone uses that in Inferno though (I'd rather have stacked armor or 20% reduction from non-physical). I don't understand why they would change it though. I toyed around with a build where I'd drop to 20% then switch to weapon throw and just spam it non stop and it was not that good lol

There was a bug that let Revenge always proc with relentless when below 20 percent. It made things a bit more bearable.

Talon

Auction house just ate one of the items I was trying to sell D:

So, I'm not quite sure what's a good DPS to have for DH at level 36. Right now mine's about 1000. I have a lot of room for improvement, but is that decent? Doing act 1 in nightmare at the moment.
Higher than mine. I'm just a few levels behind you, and I have 680 DPS.

eek5

Couldn't beat Act II boss solo or with public groups I tried on inferno. Sad panda. Guess I'll stop trying for now since I've hit a wall and gear/hp/dps wise I'm good and nothing I could upgrade without millions. (wizard) I may just hop into act 3 or 4 and farm some slow mobs.

I can help you. eek#1673

There was a bug that let Revenge always proc with relentless when below 20 percent. It made things a bit more bearable.

I see. I think armor stacking passives are still superior. I try to not drop to 20% health in the first place. You really need to stack enough defenses so you can stay almost topped off. Don't use revenge if you're barely damaged. Save it for when you can maximize the heal; time it with ground stomp etc. to maximize how many enemies you hit.

neoism

fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu stuck on retrieving hero list. I just updated and now... :/ anyone else having problems..... How can you redownload an updated if you need too?

I've been playing this pretty much solidly since launch, but the one thing that is bugging me is the RMAH.

Initially, when first playing the game, I thought "oh wow, cool, an opportunity to earn money" and that was pretty cool. Now, two weeks after launch, I've went from thinking "wow, cool" to "how on earth is this even going to work? It's either going to completely fuck the entire game up by making it the equivalent to IAP on any given iPhone game, whereby you'll have a bunch of lucky people selling high-end gear for real cash, with all the useless dregs being available for in-game gold."

The thing is though, the longer Blizzard take to actually make the RMAH live, the worse the problem will be. They've already delayed it significantly, which means there are more opportunities for the players to acquire the necessary gear to actually finish the game with any given class.

I honestly see a Diablo 3 2.0 situation, where they balance the entire game in such a fashion that actually makes the RMAH relevant (Say, bundles of 1mil gold+ being able to be sold, along with legendaries/set items), because I highly doubt they would welcome the idea of any sort of class action lawsuit if they decided to pull the RMAH altogether.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
It's your best bet for Barb and Monk in Inferno, though Monk has Life Per Spirit Spent as well to help heal.
Yup. I'm slowly but surely gearing up my barbarian. I'm not giving up on my barb; my wizard was merely a setback.

Riggs

Banned
In mumble if anyone wants to bullshit. Can't retrieve hero list yet. Blasphemous.

Krip looks like he's on oxy in that video lol.

Alright, after some retardedly ugly algebra, here is the precise conversion rate for armor / resistance.

Code:
              (A+50E)^2
K =   ---------------------------
         10(R+5E)^2 + 10R - A

K = Amount of armor equivalent to 1 point of resistance
E = Enemy level
R = Resist you're testing against

Example:

Current Armor = A = 6978
Current Fire Resist = R = 296
Enemy Level = E = 60

K = 33.2

So, when comparing 2 items, 33 armor will give me the same protection against fire as 1 fire resist (or all resist)

this obviously isn't something you can go computing in your head so maybe it belongs on a spreadsheet somewhere.

A couple simple observations that you can do just by looking at the formula and without computing anything:

1) As enemy level increases, armor starts getting more cost efficient. Never better, but more cost efficient.
2) As your resists start getting higher and higher, armor also becomes more cost efficient.

Who has better mobility and defensive capabilities: Barb or Monk?

Trying to decide on second character. Leaning barb because I already have a dex character and I don't like dodge as the primary means of defense.

Monk seems faster though, and just a bit more interesting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom