• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT3| Turn On Elective Mode, Get an Authenticator

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheFatOne

Man this fucking server bullshit is infuriating. Almost beat
diablo
after several tries, and this shit disconnects me. Just fucking great.

Welp, I cannot even patch the game. I go to login, and it says a patch is available and kicks me back to the launcher, where it then says that Diablo 3 is already running, and closes itself.

Infinite loop.

That seems to be what happens when you haven't patched yet (or just patched but have not yet logged in successfully) and servers are down. They posted about it earlier.

Damn finally the 4th legendary I find is actually something I can put to use...

cXfIk.png

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
Stuck on Retrieving Hero List.

Goddamnit, Blizzard. This is fucking terrible. I just got home from work and wanted to play this game. I just want to fucking play, solo. FUCK.

It boggles the mind they haven't implemented login queues yet. It's obvious that it would fix all these problems as they're just a result of everyone in the game trying to log in simultaneously.

colinp

Banned
It boggles the mind they haven't implemented login queues yet. It's obvious that it would fix all these problems as they're just a result of everyone in the game trying to log in simultaneously.

ahahaha, just a page or two back there were people raging about having to wait in a queue!

xelios

Universal Access can be found under System Preferences
Help: So since inferno butcher runs aren't really viable for decent stuff and I abhor the enemies in act II and have hit a wall with the boss, where's a good place for me to farm bigger/slower enemies? Would act 3 or 4 be better (wizard)?

ahahaha, just a page or two back there were people raging about having to wait in a queue!

Well I mean to be fair nobody wants to even wait in a queue, but it's better than not even knowing what the fuck is going on, and at least having an idea of when things will work again.

T.O.P

Banned
Changing the DB file doesen't work for me, i'll re-download the client, i have just to uninstall the current one right?

inky

Revenge is going to get nerfed so hard.

Yep, and we barbs will go from somewhat useless to absolutely useless.

What? Didn't you appreciate the added tension they provided in that fight?

Haha, it was actually a decent change of pace of what has become the repetitive farming treadmill for me. I might go back to doing the full act though, I just get shit from him anyways and I can't even sell said shit, at least with the full act I can get like 500k gold or something.

colinp

Banned
Well I mean to be fair nobody wants to even wait in a queue, but it's better than not even knowing what the fuck is going on, and at least having an idea of when things will work again.

I don't disagree, I just am endlessly amused by 1) how pissy people are in this thread and 2) how contradictory everyone's fixes are.

Shouta

How do you find the reliance on dex for avoidance and damage?

I tend to not like RNG for life/death as it's spiky.

DEX is fine, you can build tanky by using Seize the Initiative which gives Armor Bonus equivalent to your DEX. Monk also gets Keen Eye from Deadly Reach which gives 50% Armor for a few seconds but is in effect as long as you're attacking with Deadly Reach. Mantra of Evasion also gets a rune to increase armor by 20% as well so simply relying on dodge isn't an issue.

In fact, when turtling up, dodge becomes a big bonus to your defense so it's quite nice.

The biggest problem is that healing doesn't scale as well as it should and you need Life Per Spirit Spent or Life on Hit to really keep up. If you get both, you're really powerful though.

One with Everything allows you to reach very high resistances but the issue with it is that finding gear that has both high resist and high dex/vit is very difficult and pricey. Barb has War Cry and Impunity which gives him a massive boost that can be kept up all the time, right? That gives them some room with gear that monk can't get.

GJS

There are a couple of possible causes for the recent Diablo III patch "looping" being reported.

1. Trying to play in a non-US region will mimic a patch loop. There is additionally a true patch looping issue caused by running Diablo III in compatibility mode which we've asked users not to do. Creating a new user account will workaround this issue and allow the game to patch.

(Running Diablo III in compatibility mode causes a registry key to change in a fashion that will block attempts to patch. Launching the game in a new user account will reset the key.)

2. Another cause of true patch looping is if the Diablo III client is not in its original language. In this case, on the main login screen, before logging in, go to Options > Account > Language Selection and try switching Diablo III's language back to its original default.
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/5270834638

No mention of the fact that they could just update the other regions and synchronise the clients/servers.

DEX is fine, you can build tanky by using Seize the Initiative which gives Armor Bonus equivalent to your DEX. Monk also gets Keen Eye from Deadly Reach which gives 50% Armor for a few seconds but is in effect as long as you're attacking with Deadly Reach. Mantra of Evasion also gets a rune to increase armor by 20% as well so simply relying on dodge isn't an issue.

In fact, when turtling up, dodge becomes a big bonus to your defense so it's quite nice.

The biggest problem is that healing doesn't scale as well as it should and you need Life Per Spirit Spent or Life on Hit to really keep up. If you get both, you're really powerful though.

One with Everything allows you to reach very high resistances but the issue with it is that finding gear that has both high resist and high dex/vit is very difficult and pricey. Barb has War Cry and Impunity which gives him a massive boost that can be kept up all the time, right? That gives them some room with gear that monk can't get.

Can you link some builds?
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/monk

Wizard players:

I'm doing about 50k dps, but only have about 200 all resist and 3000 armor. As such, I'm as fragile as always, though smashing fools much faster.

Q: How much dps should I sacrifice (int or attack speed) for more resist? Assume limited financial resources. I'm having a little trouble figuring out what the right balance is given I only have so much cash to work with.

Ristlager

So how do you see working at Blizz these days? Damn there have to be some serious panicmode over there. I do recon they are not very happy with the current situation...

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
So how do you see working at Blizz these days? Damn there have to be some serious panicmode over there. I do recon they are not very happy with the current situation...
I think the network and game design teams are pretty much flogging themselves nightly. Absolutely no preperation or foresight.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom