• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT3| Turn On Elective Mode, Get an Authenticator

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ketch

So do you feel that it is unreasonable to expect a product that you've paid for to work as advertised, or is there ever any circumstance in which one might be allowed to be disgruntled about blizzard's handling of this launch and subsequent period?

Oh no, please don't lump me in with that guy. I was just quoting it for the comedic value. and the " . " was me being speechless.

The always online BULLSHIT is the single worst thing about the game, an absolute bad decision that is and will most likely continue to cause a huge pain in the ass for the life of the game.

Also, battle.net has never been good wish they would just own up to how shitty it is and use steam like a good pc dev.

Riggs

Banned
Bashiok.jpg

Bashiok says hello NA D3 players!

We don't fail to comprehend technological limitations, mind you, we fail to care about them when we are not getting access to the fucking game we paid for. It's not like they don't have any experience with this, but I'm sure it gives them a warm feeling inside to know people will put up with their shit and send them cupcakes and compliments for their efforts. Keep it up Blizz, you rock, thanks for everything, we love you, XOXOXO

And no, there are not "5 million people trying to log in" at this time.

BUT IT'S TUESDAY BETWEEN 10A-4P!!!! WHAT DO YOU MEAN THAT ISN'T PEAK!?!?!?

Oh no, please don't lump me in with that guy. I was just quoting it for the comedic value. and the " . " was me being speechless.

The always online BULLSHIT is the single worst thing about the game, an absolute made decision that is and will most likely continue to cause a huge pain in the ass for the life of the game.

Also, battle.net has never been good wish they would just own up to how shitty it is and use steam like a good pc dev.

Ok, I thought the "." was you agreeing :)

Lothars

It's totally awesome that the game is having this many problems!

People don't understand the 'customer -> service provider' relationship very well anymore.
It's not having so many issues it did the first day and it is today, I know you love to constantly say it's having nothing but problems but it's not accurate at all. It sucks and I wish it was up and running but I bet it will be up and running soon.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
I just found my Best in Slot!

fXwZN.png

Hoo-doo

Banned
Yeah I admit i'm feeling the grind already. I only somewhat like act I, and the rest is so dreadfully boring. Those dungeons from act II, dear god they are horrible.

I'm having some fun with my new wizard though, so i'll keep trucking along for a bit.

How much vitality do you have? Your armor seems fine (but it doesn't help vs magic). 200 all resist is low. I heard somewhere that 1 attack speed is about 10 int for wizards. So reduce any of these depending on the items you come across while gaining defense and life. As far as all resist goes, my unfounded reasoning is that 1 all resist is a little over 2 vit. I'd aim for 40k dps and 40k life with decent defensive stats.

I see I see. Will keep this in mind.

Nice job on upping the dps. I don't have too much advice but I'm in the mid 50s dps now without familiar and at 4-500 resists and almost 5k armor with force armor. I noticed the more dps I got the less I died really, at least in Act II. My armor and resists were carried over from hell and it was only when I practically doubled my dps in Act II that I started taking down packs. If I can kill packs quickly, even if it takes a couple deaths, I do fine. No more 30 second rez timers for me since the dps upgrade. I still go down like a catholic school girl on prom night with these stats, so my advice is don't trade off too much damage for defenses until they fix inferno difficulty just being cheap spiky damage and it actually makes a noticeable difference. I do have 40k hp though if that means anything.

Force wave has helped my survivability more than mirror image ever has, I know that much.
Damn. Alrightey. I'll just keep an eye out for deals that don't sacrifice too much if I come across some, and I'll hope for some interesting drops between now and then.

I'll give Force Wave a look. Definitely one of my unused skills. I think I've implemented it for all of 20 minutes of my many hours of D3.

Thanks for the thoughts, gentlemen.

Those Diablo forums are just hilarious. The outrage over the tiniest thing... the 'Why Blizz failed with D3' posts... Even though those same people have probably sunk hundreds of hours into the game and will keep doing so.

I've rarely a launch so surrounded by hysterics.

Narag

Those Diablo forums are just hilarious. The outrage over the tiniest thing... the 'Why Blizz failed with D3' posts... Even though those same people have probably sunk hundreds of hours into the game and will keep doing so.

I saw one guy on there that was mad he couldn't get a refund after putting in like 70 hours.

ari

Banned

just because they sunk hours into the game doesn't mean there isn't flaws about there experience. The last 2 hours alone should tell you this. :/

Shouta

There are a lot of builds you can use, it depends on what you want to do.

This is probably the one I see the most on the Bnet forums. Lots of defense.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/monk#bjXYgh!YXU!Zcbbaa

For usual build, as of right now is this.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/monk#aZXigh!YXU!ZZbZYc

I swap in skills of course but this is the one I use to farm and got through act 2 inferno with, adjusting it for the chapter boss.

linsivvi

They shut down the servers every tuesday, patch or not. It's always been this way with WoW, and I suspect it will always be this way with D3.

There's absolutely no reason to do that. There are server techs that can backup stuff while things are still running. Restarting server shouldn't take more than 15 minutes either.

Zzoram

There's absolutely no reason to do that. There are server techs that can backup stuff while things are still running. Restarting server shouldn't take more than 15 minutes either.

With 6.5 million users, it's probably more like restarting 7,000 servers.

Lothars

just because they sunk hours into the game doesn't mean there isn't flaws about there experience. The last 2 hours alone should tell you this. :/
Of course there are flaws but the amount of outrage is insane and mostly stupid. There are things to be upset about or things that definitely need to be brought up to be resolved such as server issues like this.

Dahbomb

Installing Batman Arkham City while I wait for this. I seem to have this horrid luck that whenever I get a chance to put some hours into D3 it's down for maintenance. So I am installing a single player game that works offline while I wait.

Rufus

What's so weird about this? The rage comes from being denied the thing they want to sink even more time into.

rezuth

Can items in chests and your money disappear? I just logged on and noticed I had no money at all and my chest was empty besides some advanced gems. My full rare and awesome armor is still on my dude however.

Restarting (literally nothing else) can easily take upwards of an hour.

Source: Someone who has worked on the server of an online game.

I think all the complaining is pretty ridiculous too. But to be fair, if I buy any product and it doesn't work 1/10th of the time, its pretty much a broken product. Granted, there are a lot of things Blizzard simply can't foresee without a heavy load of people flooding the servers...which again, however, leads to the question of why there wasn't a more substantial beta test. In other words, blizzard should probably have gone into this thing with an entirely different model in mind.

Raxus

Can items in chests and your money disappear? I just logged on and noticed I had no money at all and my chest was empty besides some advanced gems. My full rare and awesome armor is still on my dude however.

Uh oh.

Might want to put in a ticket.

Zzoram

They definitely should not disappear. Check your friends list recently played to see if anyone you either don't recognize or with a suspicious account name is on there.

sega4ever

according to the blizzard defense force, you must have a keylogger on your system. and thats what you get for not using an authenticator.

Arment

Damn. Servers down again.

Re-rolled a DH and shelved my Monk. It's do-able in Inferno, but I don't have any fun. We'll see if DH is any different. They'll probably be nerfed before I get to Inferno knowing Blizzard.

I'm a 40 now and I was going to marathon to the end of Hell tonight, but servers.

It's not having so many issues it did the first day and it is today, I know you love to constantly say it's having nothing but problems but it's not accurate at all. It sucks and I wish it was up and running but I bet it will be up and running soon.
I've been playing the Diablo series since the original release, so I have a lot of opinions on the streamlining of the game, the tact they've chosen with the AH and RMAH, the always-online DRM, the absence of PVP, the fact that this is a game where 'single player' is a dirty word, the complete back-step with waypoints, and a lot of other issues. Today, I'm just laughing at the fact that it's been three weeks and they still can't get their act together with having all of the game components available all the time.

They've rolled out a lot of products and patches over the years since D2 launched; you'd expect this to be handled better.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom