• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT3| Turn On Elective Mode, Get an Authenticator

Status
Not open for further replies.

JesseZao

What would my first low level legendary sale for?
v7VxW.png

Wow those are bad. Why are they called frostburn if there is no slow effect or frost dmg mod on them? :/

Hoo-doo

Banned
Why do so few barbs run without Call of the Ancients? I love it. CC + DMG. The cool downs suck but if you time it correctly, it'll almost always save your ass. Granted I'm still only in Nightmare, but besides the cd, I don't see the drawbacks.

I use that skill, love it. It's costly though to waste a slot on a skill with a cooldown like that, so I can see why many people choose to go without, but it's basically a "I-win"-button when facing elites. They do ridiculous amounts of damage and take all aggro.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Logged in this morning to find my gear and stash completely cleared out. I really doubt the restoration point will be lenient. Kind of just feel like never playing again.

LordCanti

I'm having AH withdrawals. I need it in me.

Logged in this morning to find my gear and stash completely cleared out. I really doubt the restoration point will be lenient. Kind of just feel like never playing again.

This is why authenticators are so important. This does happen guys. It happens all the time.

I know your pain. My D2 account was cleaned out back in the day.

Depends what gear we are talking about. if starting 60 gear im pretty sure your friends can fix you up some act 3 hell farming gear run that 2 times and get a weapon and start rebuilding. Or if we are talking about 4~12 mill a piece armor stuff then yeah i would ask for a restore point atleast if they have one where all your gear is present.

gate777

I've only played around 5 hours since launch, currently at level 12. I'll play the shit out of it after work today and farm for equipment/gold to level up my blacksmith and create stronger gear.

Gila

dhdbb5y.jpg

Whee. Slowly making progress through act 2 Inferno with 2-3 others, but man, some of those elite packs can just go fuck right off. Especially reflect damage.

(and ok fine, without Sharpshooter hax it's only 34445.47 =P)

What's your health?

aristotle

Absolutely, I feel that in a couple of patches to fix some of the issues and by the time of the first expansion it will be even better because I didn't feel Diablo 2 didn't get there until LOD and later patches.

My thoughts exactly. I got in D2 right before LoD. LoD made D2 a better game overall.

Oh and if you're hanging onto you legendaries and set loot hoping the "fix" (whatever Blizzard will/won't do) will not matter to your current loot. That's how it worked in D2 if I recall correctly. The loot item patches only affected loot that was dropped once that patch came out. All the old items were still crap. Sell it all now if you're waiting ;)

Glad to see my love for CotA isn't a total loss. Right now in Nightmare it's very usable. I assume everything changes later on, but right now I love my backup.

It's the crit damage probably. Each one of the traps will do massive crit damage with the sharpshooter skill enabled and a bunch of +crit damage gear.

Yeah, he can't instagib them all, but his weapon actually isn't that good. There are bows with 300 more DPS out there.

LordCanti

Is 21% MF good for an amulet? It seems high, but I can't check without the AH. +150 STR on it as well, but no vita/resist unfortunately. Also got a 114 STR and 50 resist to all elements.

So where do I get this authenticator?

It's free if you have an Android/iPhone. This may be US only (I'm not sure).

Is 21% MF good for an amulet? It seems high, but I can't check without the AH. +150 STR on it as well, but no vita/resist unfortunately. Also got a 114 STR and 50 resist to all elements.

It's free if you have an Android/iPhone. This may be US only (I'm not sure).

Hell even on WP7(I have one :p)

sazzy

My verdict:

Its a great game upto Nightmare.

After that it just becomes a caricature of itself. Hell and Inferno Elites aren't difficult - they are tacky and cheesy. Might as well make everything invincible and call it the most difficult game ever.

dimb

Im curious if you had an authenticator
I didn't. And I know people in this thread will bite my in the ass and say "I told you so" and stuff but I don't like using them as a form of security. My WoW account has been safe for like seven and a half years without one now. WoW also has one time authentication of new log in locations though, and I'm not exactly sure why this isn't something carried over to D3.

blackflag

I didn't. And I know people in this thread will bite my in the ass and say "I told you so" and stuff but I don't like using them as a form of security. My WoW account has been safe for like seven and a half years without one now. WoW also has one time authentication of new log in locations though, and I'm not exactly sure why this isn't something carried over to D3.

It did carry over. It is exactly the same. If you log in from the same computer and IP address you only need to authenticate like once a week. If your computer or IP changes, you have to use auth again.

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
7k dps? wow, I guess the strategy is survival at all costs. With my 10k I already feel like it takes me ages to bring some Elites down (especially the ones with extra health) but I guess not dying makes more sense because then they just go back to full health anyway.

Thanks! I'm going to do some hell run at full stacks to see if I can buy a better shield.

For sure man. As you saw with DH's and others, they can only take a few hits.

Fortunately I've been running with CcrooK and his friends who put out some crazy damage, so all I have to do is be there to take the hits and heal them when posssible.

I got really lucky with the shield I just got, 1500 armor and was selling at 40k. Bought it in a heartbeat.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?

dimb

It did carry over. It is exactly the same. If you log in from the same computer and IP address you only need to authenticate like once a week. If your computer or IP changes, you have to use auth again.
Then where are all my items and gold? Did they get up and walk away while I wasn't looking? Did someone sneak into my house and log on to Diablo 3 from across the room while I was sleeping? Nobody has been in my e-mail to give access to a different location.

It is, if you're referring to logging in with an authenticator.

Mobile alerts will let you know as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom