• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT3| Turn On Elective Mode, Get an Authenticator

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm out of this thread until the servers are working again. I just can't handle these posts calling this game a friggin' mmo and defending this complete bullshit form of drm that is going to bite consumers so hard in the ass down the line. I really hope you people are still around when the next Batman: Arkham Sewers game requires a constant connection and has the enemies warp around the screen due to latency so I can laugh at you while crying bitter tears of defeat knowing that I gave my money to Blizzard because the game itself is pretty good.

Unfortunately Blizzard doesn't care...or needs to care about all this server down rage. The second the servers go up, people will slowly forget the rage and go back to the clicking. People never remember the wait, just the release. Same thing happened to SC2, HL2 and D3 + many more.

Godslay

Banned
And just like any other company, people can call them out when shit isn't working. Just because they have a good record doesn't necessarily give them a free pass.

That's perfect fine, and in most cases reasonable. I feel that in this case, Blizzard's track record tells you that it will get fixed.

Do I hate the servers being down or the AH being slow and shitty? Sure. Do I have faith that it will get fixed? Yes.

So I'm slowly moving though act 2 of inferno, was going well, killed magda, got through sewers.

Then I got a elite group in the oasis, teleporter, shield, fire chain, fast. Snake demons with the invisible thingy.

Impossible for me to kill, they even hit me when they're invisible.

I also saw an interesting bug twice today, health goes to 0 but you don't die, but you can't get the health back (at least it appears that way). Pots, healer, etc doesn't work. Pretty sure you get your health back, but screen remains all red.

neoism

All of the "single player game" tears are so bitter.

It's a massively multiplayer online game, with a single (per region, per game mode [hardcore/regular]) economy that will (eventually) have some real world value associated with it.

The always online connection rule exists to theoretically preserve the value (both in dollars/euros and gold pieces) of their investment game.

An interesting, if not, strictly better, implementation would've been an Offline mode that exists at the same UI level as Hardcore and Regular, where Offline characters don't synchronize data with the servers and can't access auction houses or the stash of an Online account.

I am betting this wasn't included because of authoritative state management for certain elements of the experience (i.e. A Character's position in the world: the Client sees his character in position A and the server says you are in position B -and the server is authoritative, so the position is updated server side, and the client may not even catch up with it before the death screen begins to play [this is probably why Yoshi died in that suite of pictures in the last thread where he said he was quitting and was done posting here]).

tl;dr version: quit crying
Most definitely Mr smith but companies rely waay too much on Always online all the time. Thankfully I have it but you never know what could happen.... I'm a guy that has never play Reach offline but a game like Diablo 3 I would loooove to have the option. I haven't played in 5 days which is a lot to me :p But all I get is retrieving hero list. Blizz has had over 2 weeks to get this stuff in order.... I understand about DRM and stuff and its just protecting your creation. But damn I just want to play... :p :D :(

Only so I lovvve you guys at bungie your my favorite developer, and I can't wait for Destiny. Just consider that though. I will most likely always play tour next game online. But if it can be played single-layer just add offline plllease. \
I Guess the industry is just going this way and its nevering stoping... I will buy your stuff, I just hope you guy don't soar the experience with mirco... and other things.

O well.

<3 u Bungie...

So I'm slowly moving though act 2 of inferno, was going well, killed magda, got through sewers.

Then I got a elite group in the oasis, teleporter, shield, fire chain, fast. Snake demons with the invisible thingy.

Impossible for me to kill, they even hit me when they're invisible.

I also saw an interesting bug twice today, health goes to 0 but you don't die, but you can't get the health back (at least it appears that way). Pots, healer, etc doesn't work. Pretty sure you get your health back, but screen remains all red.

You playing a Demon Hunter? Smoke Screen causes that bug often.

Well, at least I had an excuse to play that Resistance: Burning Skies demo. Although after playing it I'm kind of wishing I had just stuck around on GAF instead.

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
I was able to log in an accept the EULA that I wouldn't sue them due to delay or failure to perform resulting from causes outside Blizzard's reasonable control and then got Error 37.

DryvBy

I got in by spamming it :/

So fucking bored, my life is meaningless

Quiet that. You are in. My life is still meaningless. I mean, I had time to Photoshop health pot sponsored in-game shots and write a blog. I figured that was plenty of time. Now, I'm just sitting here. Waiting...

75qrg.jpg

buhdeh

What a fail. Can't imagine how the PvP patch is gonna be when they finally get around to that. Servers will probably be down for days.

J0dy77

Is anyone else finding dex based gear to be extremely overpriced vs str or int gear with similar stats? It seems that with the DH and Monk (probably the 2 most played classes) both focusing one dex, there is too much competition.

Ramirez

I had this happen the other night, everyone said my health was full, but it still showed me at 0, I think a health orb fixed it. I tried the blessing guy, and that didn't work either, it eventually sorted itself out without me killing myself/logging out.

nilbog21

Banned
Man, after I got hacked they reverted my dude WAY back. I lost ALL the new expensive shit I bought and all the items I was keeping for fat cash in my chest is all GONE. and they said If I get hacked again I can't use the auction house ever again. COOL GAME blizzard

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom