• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT3| Turn On Elective Mode, Get an Authenticator

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dude Abides

Banned
Goddammit. I had to hold off getting this because I had a bunch of shit to get done the week it released. I consoled myself with the thought the game was past this bullshit garbage nonsense.

Macattk15

So I'm constantly re-entering my password trying to logon, and I type it all lower case (special characters notwithstanding) and it successfully authenticates.

What the hell? I just re-verified this, and sure enough the logon authenticates just fine.

Blizzard passwords are NOT CASE SENSITIVE! No wonder they want everyone using authenticators because brute forcing your passwords is magnitudes easier than every password verification in the world.

Welcome to a few days ago ..

They forced joining general? I did this anyway to avoid disconnects. I wonder if they did that to try to solve the DC problem for others.... kind of a "slap a band-aid" fix for it though.

owlbeak

I hope they feel ashamed. This is a joke and I'm about done with this game thanks to this shit and the AH being down all the time. Would like to beat inferno >:[

aznpxdd

cqW7r.png

This is just embarrassing.

Server is full? Really?

Yes. That's fine. Diablo 3 is still a single player game, as well as a multiplayer game.

Always online doesn't mean multiplayer only. But we've been over this a million times already.

Regardless of their design, the game should just work, and it doesn't. Would be nice to know if there's a light at the end of the tunnel for all these server woes.

Starcraft 2 and WoW are very stable as well as freakin Diablo 2 and Warcraft 3, there is really no reason to think it won't get worked out. Serving 6 million users is no simple task nor is it something that can be "fixed" by just throwing money at it, but they will figure it out.

moop1167

I almost can't complain. My ping is sub-100. Is that because a lot of people still aren't on yet? I mean, this is running SMOOTH.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Riggs just experienced true Yoshi-rage on Mumble.

Want to experience it yourself? Get on Mumble (now for free)!

Shouta

Woo! Got this in Act 2 Inferno.

llPGJ.png

I'm a monk so it isn't as good for me so it's going on the AH for some good cash, I think!

DeSo

Banned
How the hell do I install the patch, it just keeps looping out to the launcher and won't let me even download it.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?

llPGJ.png

I'm monk so it isn't as good for me so it's going on the AH for some good cash, I think!
HOLY MOTHER OF GOD.

Kinitari

Black Canada Mafia
I was just thinking Diablo 3 was missing a few gratuitous racial slurs. Thankfully Blizzard remedied that situation by auto enabling general chat -- they're always thinking ahead!

If I don't join general chat, Diablo kicks me off within 2minutes of me playing. No joke.

Credo

Have I been hacked? Every fifth log-in attempt it is telling me that my log-in information is wrong. :/ I went to battle.net through my browser, logged in with my password and changed it and it's still telling me it's wrong on 1/5 attempts.

To ease your mind, it's not just you. The first time I tried to log in, it checked everything off, paused for about 15 seconds, told me there was an error switching characters and booted me back to the log-in screen. Then, the next 10 attempts, it was either an Error 37 or telling me that my log-in information (which was accepted on the first try) was incorrect. So I'm done trying.

Shouta

I'm pricing it to sell too! there's one piece of armor that's more powerful than this (for Barbs) on the AH so I priced it just a tad lower.

Yoshichan

Server shutting down in 15 minutes?

REALLY? REALYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

Shouta

all I see in that picture is MONEY. you can list it at whatever price you wish and it will be paid.

Nah, there's one piece that's even better than that on the AH going for 3 mil so I'm selling for 2.5. It's not as much as I'd want but I'd rather get cash than sit on shit.

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan

llPGJ.png

I'm a monk so it isn't as good for me so it's going on the AH for some good cash, I think!

Real nice.

I found a pair of pants with similar stats last night and stuck them on the ah for a reasonable price, so I was kinda surprised when I logged in just now and saw they hadn't sold. So I figured maybe I had misjudged the market or something and searched for pants with similar stats. Only 2 came up, and neither of them were the ones I put up.

Then I realize that the game had been down all day too and I had logged in literally when the servers went back up.

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
Server shutting down in 15 minutes?

REALLY? REALYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

Yeah sucks. They announced it a few hours beforehand though, so I luckily was able to plan my run accordingly.

Yoshichan

Well fuck, I guess I'll go to bed.

UberTag

One nice thing I'll say about AH wipes is that it's a seller's market when the servers come back up.
I've sold 100K worth of vendor rings & amulets in the past 30 minutes.
Buy them en masse at the vendor and mark them up 400-500%.
Usually I only get away with 200-300% markup and not nearly this fast.

Yoshichan

Shouta, are you on EU? I'll give you 1.5 and a kiss for that :3 How about it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom