• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT3| Turn On Elective Mode, Get an Authenticator

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
One nice thing I'll say about AH wipes is that it's a seller's market when the servers come back up.
I've sold 100K worth of vendor rings & amulets in the past 30 minutes.
Buy them en masse at the vendor and mark them up 400-500%.
Usually I only get away with 200-300% markup and not nearly this fast.

They wiped the AH? So basically all the stuff I put up before the server shutdown last night is just gonna clog me up until they time out?

That's pretty lame.

Westonian

KeA05.jpg

My super sloppy shop. But seriously Diablo, get it together!

Nothing but error 37 and timeouts since the emergency maintenance :(

I was just reading about the Tasker and Theo gloves and wanted to see how much they were going for, but I guess I'm not cool enough to get in.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
I tell myself "fuck it" and to go the NA servers.

"Servers are full".

Fuck this game.

Shouta

damn, bought fast as hell. grats on the profit. what are you going to spend the new cash on?

New Life on Hit/Spirit Spent Fist weapon, hopefully. I have a 800 DPS one but that's not enough if I want to go through Act 3. I need DH/Wizard levels of damage to go with my resist.

UberTag

They wiped the AH? So basically all the stuff I put up before the server shutdown last night is just gonna clog me up until they time out?

That's pretty lame.
Yeah, I've got 4 slots locked out for much the same reason.
But everything I've put up in the past half hour is selling like wildfire.
Up to 150K now.

EDIT: And, of course, the auction house has crashed once again.

goober

Alright, let me ask again. I can't kill elites on Act 1 Inferno.

I'm a level 60 barb. Do I farm Act IV hell for items? Or SK over and over again?

spirity

Also, no one called D2 an MMO not so much because it wasn't one (again, I agree it wasn't one), but because that term didn't even exist when it came out.

I believe Garriot used the term to describe UO in 97. I know the term was around in 99 when I was playing EQ.

Scarecrow

I have a quick, dumb, superficial question: are there any wizard hats (that look like the traditional Gandalf-y style ones) that appear in higher levels? Browsing through the auction house, it looks like all the advanced wiz hats are the dopey looking kind.

chifanpoe

wtf? so i try to patch my game and I get APPCRASH.
anyone know a way around this?

Crap! in-between error 37 I get a message saying I have to update then i get the appcrash message as well.

Update* reinstalling the game from the DVD has fixed my issues, I can now update.

Cipherr

Alright, let me ask again. I can't kill elites on Act 1 Inferno.

I'm a level 60 barb. Do I farm Act IV hell for items? Or SK over and over again?

If you can manage SK on inferno then farm that. Has a higher chance of dropping higher level items. If you cannot, drop down to Hell in Act 4 and farm there.

Unicorn

Wow. game is finally up after almost 15 hours of maintenance... and the fucking AH is still motherfucking down.

What the flying fuck.

Wow. game is finally up after almost 15 hours of maintenance... and the fucking AH is still motherfucking down.

What the flying fuck.

This is why I've stopped playing after my first run through. I have no fucking clue if the game will even work when I try to log in.

Man, after I got hacked they reverted my dude WAY back. I lost ALL the new expensive shit I bought and all the items I was keeping for fat cash in my chest is all GONE. and they said If I get hacked again I can't use the auction house ever again. COOL GAME blizzard

POIDH

HenryHSH

LOL AH.

I listed a few items while it was on and they sold right away while the stuff I had up didn't sell. I search for them and you guessed it, they weren't listed anymore. Now to wait 1d08hours to list them again. Zzzzz.

spirity

Its the first day what do you expect - CHECK
Its the first couple days what do you expect - CHECK
Its the first week what do you expect - CHECK
Its the first fortnight what do you expect - CHECK
Its the first month what do you expect -

RDreamer

This has really been the worst, most buggy piece of crap launch I've ever been a part of. I'm sure there were worse, but I wasn't there to witness it.

elfinke

Crap! in-between error 37 I get a message saying I have to update then i get the appcrash message as well.

Yeah same. I login, get a message of either servers a re full or that the needs to be patched and will shut down. If I hit ok, it shuts down then hard crashes once I'm back at the desktop.

Why on earth the launcher itself doesn't just update the client without the rigmarole of making me login first is beyond me?

SyNapSe

Tons of whining, no matter what; That said, this has been rough. I don't understand why the US commodities auction has been down for a week basically.

Unicorn

This has really been the worst, most buggy piece of crap launch I've ever been a part of. I'm sure there were worse, but I wasn't there to witness it.

Twisted Metal was pretty bad.

My experience actually got worse as time went on and "patches" came out.

I can't even play online games now because it is a guaranteed freeze lock-up.

Coming from that to this as my next purchased game...

I'm about to quit gaming altogether. Fucking horseshit.

GJS

The EU servers are down for maintenance now I think as I can't connect to them any longer, will we see a repeat of all these issues when they finally get 1.0.2.9749 up on them?

I can't believe they have decided on an update time table that means global play is going to be broken for near enough a day though, by staggering the updates.

RDreamer

Twisted Metal was pretty bad.

My experience actually got worse as time went on and "patches" came out.

I can't even play online games now because it is a guaranteed freeze lock-up.

Coming from that to this as my next purchased game...

I'm about to quit gaming altogether. Fucking horseshit.

Guess I dodged a bullet there, too, then. That was a game I really looked forward to, but didn't end up getting.

maharg

idspispopd
I believe Garriot used the term to describe UO in 97. I know the term was around in 99 when I was playing EQ.

Fair enough. It's pretty close though, and I don't really feel like the term had gained a lot of currency yet. I forgot about EQ, though.

UberTag

Seeing more [TH] THIS TEXT SHOULD BE REPLACED WITH GAME DATA. listings in the AH after a successful 12-hour maintenance period.
Nicely done, Blizzard.

J0dy77

Finishing up a nightmare farming run, waiting at diablo with 3 stacks of neph valor. Anyone want to join me?

Kynes#1100 if you want in.

spirity

Fair enough. It's pretty close though, and I don't really feel like the term had gained a lot of currency yet. I forgot about EQ, though.

Yeah it was a new genre, and because of the time and costs required to make them, few games were available so the uptake on the term was slow. People were still calling them graphical muds, which essentially was what they were.

I feel bad for the guys who work on the Auction House backend team. I can forgive them for some initial launch problems, but it's been 2 weeks now and it hasn't really improved at all. Given that I've implemented similar systems on previous games I know how difficult an Auction House can be, especially when it has to scale to such high load demands, but they really should have had most of this ironed out by now, and it's pretty shameful that they still haven't fixed the major bottlenecks. I suspect there's a fundamental design flaw somewhere, like the whole thing is some stupid web service or it's hosted on the cloud.

So, I tried to log on and I get a few busy messages. Tried again maybe 15 minutes later and now get the log-in information is incorrect. I log into my battle.net account and get the same thing. Email attached to that account is locked as well. This is with an authenticator. Lol, this game and company is just lovely.

Servers full?

I've never personally got that message but that pisses me off hearing it.

Thats some bullshit, like a movie theater selling tickets to a sold out show.

scy

Has someone actually said this?

linsivvi

Starcraft 2 and WoW are very stable as well as freakin Diablo 2 and Warcraft 3, there is really no reason to think it won't get worked out. Serving 6 million users is no simple task nor is it something that can be "fixed" by just throwing money at it, but they will figure it out.

I honestly don't get this argument. There are online services that serve way more than 6 million users. There are online services that never go down because there's something called backup servers. And don't tell me this happens with other online games too. Just because video gamers are willing to put up with this doesn't mean they should.

They have a beta to test things out. Servers failing and full means 1) The game wasn't ready for launch, or 2) They don't have enough servers.

Money cannot fix everything but they can hire the best people they can find and buy more servers. Servers still full after they bought more servers? Then buy some more! Blizzard chose to keep everything online and have the servers do all the calculations. If having enough servers to allow everyone who bought the game to play at the same time is not a sustainable business model, then this is their problem. Customers should never have to make excuses for them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom