• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT3| Turn On Elective Mode, Get an Authenticator

Status
Not open for further replies.
they arent going to spend a shitload of money on extra hardware just to make sure everything is smooth at launch when that hardware wont be necessary after a few weeks. especially on a game that isnt subscription based.
Why not? Like they wouldn't have a use for that hardware after the Diablo III population started to drop?

I'd love to be a fly on the wall at Blizzard right now.

KarmaCow

I don't do this ever, but could anyone help me realize what this might be worth?

yellow ring: lvl 50 required
63 dext
49 life after kill
28 regen per sec
health globes grant 1101
1 socket space

Seems good for monks with all their health regen needs that I was reading about? I dunno, don't play monk.

Monks want Life per Spirit spent so they can use their spirit heavy skills as heals. Life on hit would also be good if they attack fast too I guess.

Generally, good items have high increased attack speed %, resists and high VIT + primary stat.

HenryHSH

Barbs, what do you think of

DI0ex.png

Decent. 10k.

joke, but my blue is better.

Macattk15

FUCK. I died at 1% on Inferno Belial. Felt my heart racing from the joy of finally killing him and then I fucking got hit by a melee smash I had been dodging the whole night.

FUCKKKKKKKKKK. Really ruining my fun with this game this guy is.

inky

19 life per fury spent at level 60...

lol!

Yeah, life per fury spent is a joke. I bet you can put a chipped amethyst gem on any item and it'd be better than that.

Edit: Ugh, I really need some movement speed boots. Those fucking t̶r̶o̶l̶l̶s̶ goblins are the bane of my existence.

Unicorn

This kind of rational thinking grounded in reality has no place in this thread full of adolescent rage and people wishing they could 'sex' the enchantress.

Speaking of....
Regarding the comments that she may be a lesbian. Completely unfounded. She's mad flirting with my male Wizard. Perhaps she could go both ways.

Screenshot009.jpg

Wallach

Kind of concerned that the AH actually ate an item this time. All of my auctions came back from last night as ended or sold, except for an amulet that was quite expensive. It's not in my log or in my auction list now, even though it went up with the others.

eek5

Barbs, what do you think of

DI0ex.png

I guess you could use it with sprint and heal while you're running away but 1900 hp isn't a lot lol

You could do a high crit WW build too but I think you'd be better off with a crit chance/crit dmg/socket weapon

Is it worth trying to maintain 50-60% magic find as I level up (currently 35 Witch Doctor in mid-late A1 NM) or should I just give it up and go for more powerful gear?

I only ask because I had to drop it from 88~% to gain enough power to reasonably continue... But I wonder if I should try to keep it somewhere above 0.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
So, since we're discussing Blizzard being bad, I'd say that I don't personally feel that any of Blizzard's missteps with Diablo 3 are major. Annoying, but mostly fleeting problems. Instead, here are the major mistakes I feel Blizzard has made in the past 5 years:

1) Not properly supporting esports for Starcraft 2. The lack of LAN is obvious, but more generally their almost complete inability to create a firm, refined infrastructure for Starcraft 2 competitions has allowed competitors to come out of nowhere and catch them, such as Riot Games. Blizzard had this market in the palm of their hands if they'd simply approached it the right way, but they're gradually letting it slip away. As it stands, esports remains essentially a fractured mess, with lots of different leagues, lots of different tournaments, teams loosely supported by PC peripheral makers, and not much else. It's growing despite this, but it could have done much better if someone had come in and said, "This is the way it's going to be, this is how the league works, we will create the infrastructure," and taken some share of the profits in the process. This would essentially have been an additional revenue stream not unlike the RMAH is for Diablo: not a huge moneymaker, but a consistent one that both adds some additional revenue and also increases the longevity of the game.

2) Missing DotA. Huge, and obvious. Does not require a paragraph of explanation like the one above this.

3) Awkwardly transitioning to f2p for MMOs. Obviously WoW has so much cache that it does not require f2p, but my guess is the complete lack of information on Titan is a direct consequence of the rise of f2p and how difficult it would be to launch a brand new MMO as a subscription game in 2012, and expect that game to do anywhere near as well as WoW did.

I think all three of these go together. They responded far more similar to how you'd expect EA to respond, rather than a company who for years you'd figure to be more on the intelligent/innovative side of business decisions.

Is it worth trying to maintain 50-60% magic find as I level up (currently 35 Witch Doctor in mid-late A1 NM) or should I just give it up and go for more powerful gear?

I only ask because I had to drop it from 88~% to gain enough power to reasonably continue... But I wonder if I should try to keep it somewhere above 0.
Absolutely not. You are just going to outlevel the gear anyway and you get WAY more money in inferno.

Opiate

Absolutely not. Gold find is significantly better all the way to 60, and probably all the way until you happen to be on the cutting edge of content farming.

Until then, you're putting sacrificing stats to increase your chance of finding an item you can AH for maybe 10k.

Have you guys seen the lag get better? I was gettin 95ms at prime time today whereas before the patch I would always get 250ms minimum. Is it something they fixed or just a one-off?

VertPin

Sooooo, a bunch of people are chatting my my General chat. This has never happened before. My game is not public. Only one friend is online. wtf? /is new to chat option in games.

oc

peanutbutterchocolate
Sooooo, a bunch of people are chatting my my General chat. This has never happened before. My game is not public. Only one friend is online. wtf? /is new to chat option in games.

Latest patch automatically joins General chat when you log in.

Weenerz

Banned
Just encountered an elite frog, with shielding, and fast, with invulnerable minions.

I just logged out and reset, fuck that

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Did they already patch out that Treasure Goblin you could farm? Doing it for about 10 minutes on Hell before work, I was able to actually get a minor upgrade to my shoulders on. I was just about to sell everything too, glad I checked.

Speaking of....
Regarding the comments that she may be a lesbian. Completely unfounded. She's mad flirting with my male Wizard. Perhaps she could go both ways.

Screenshot009.jpg

that's really part of the point. she's set up like that to appeal to some lame-ass nerdy gamer demographic that would think some corny contrived "I wanna bang Leah...and maybe you too..." personality is "hawt". It rubs me the wrong way. "OMG dah videogame character wants a 3-some! derp derp."

auto join general chat...ya that was a terrible idea

NOW it's a Diablo game :)

Absolutely not. Gold find is significantly better all the way to 60, and probably all the way until you happen to be on the cutting edge of content farming.

Until then, you're putting sacrificing stats to increase your chance of finding an item you can AH for maybe 10k.

Thanks! I'll try to prioritize damage/stats and then gold find.

Unicorn

auto join general chat...ya that was a terrible idea

It's to raise the difficulty. How can you focus when you're constantly on the verge of RAGING because you see the idiots talking. I almost died a few times while replying to nerfherders. (which is my own damn fault in the first place)

BigDug13

Followers are the best part of this game's story related stuff, by far. <3 Lyndon and Kormac.

No.

So I don't get how you farm a boss. In order to "go back" to a previous quest, you need to leave the game, right? People talking about taking 5 valor buffs and doing butcher over and over. How do they do that?

So, since we're discussing Blizzard being bad, I'd say that I don't personally feel that any of Blizzard's missteps with Diablo 3 are major. Annoying, but mostly fleeting problems. Instead, here are the major mistakes I feel Blizzard has made in the past 5 years:

1) Not properly supporting esports for Starcraft 2. The lack of LAN is obvious, but more generally their almost complete inability to create a firm, refined infrastructure for Starcraft 2 competitions has allowed competitors to come out of nowhere and catch them, such as Riot Games. Blizzard had this market in the palm of their hands if they'd simply approached it the right way, but they're gradually letting it slip away. As it stands, esports remains essentially a fractured mess, with lots of different leagues, lots of different tournaments, teams loosely supported by PC peripheral makers, and not much else. It's growing despite this, but it could have done much better if someone had come in and said, "This is the way it's going to be, this is how the league works, we will create the infrastructure," and taken some share of the profits in the process. This would essentially have been an additional revenue stream not unlike the RMAH is for Diablo: not a huge moneymaker, but a consistent one that both adds some additional revenue and also increases the longevity of the game.

They sponsored their own tournament with GSL and now WCS is a great and welcome update on the dead WSG tournaments.

Their biggest misstep with esports in SC2 is not promoting it via the actual game client. It's mind blowingly dumb. Link to championships and streams in the launcher. Have an Esports or Tournaments tab on the Multiplayer section of the game. Let people open pro matches to spectating like DotA 2 if they want to. The weird thing is, the actual game itself was designed with esports in mind from the ground up. That's the whole reason they made it and took so long to balance it and design it, adding things like the macro mechanics and so on. Then once they put all this effort into the game as an esport, they just shove it out there after launch and put it on the backburner. It's weird.

Another huge misstep was taking 2 years to resolve the KESPA/GOM dispute.

Jetku

Dear Blizzard,

When it takes 10 attempts to log in, you make me hate the authenticator. Yet I am forced to use it due to the threat of account/item thieves.

Fuck you,
Jetku

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom