• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT3| Turn On Elective Mode, Get an Authenticator

Status
Not open for further replies.

RiccochetJ

Gold Member
Absolutely not. Gold find is significantly better all the way to 60, and probably all the way until you happen to be on the cutting edge of content farming.

Until then, you're putting sacrificing stats to increase your chance of finding an item you can AH for maybe 10k.

I've been doing it all wrong! That's it, I'm finding some gold find gear. Actually some of the stuff I have in my stash already has that. Somewhat better armor too!

So I don't get how you farm a boss. In order to "go back" to a previous quest, you need to leave the game, right? People talking about taking 5 valor buffs and doing butcher over and over. How do they do that?
Have to farm up stacks each time. NV is not like ordinary magic find, it guarantees a minimum of 2 rares and like 6-7 blues from the boss, so it's worth it.

Dear Blizzard,

When it takes 10 attempts to log in, you make me hate the authenticator. Yet I am forced to use it due to the threat of account/item thieves.

Fuck you,
Jetku
You can turn off the option to require Authenticator on every log in. That way it will only ask you for it on IP change + once every so often. I think it's actually more secure this way.

Opiate

I've been doing it all wrong! That's it, I'm finding some gold find gear. Actually some of the stuff I have in my stash already has that. Somewhat better armor too!

I have 280% gold find with Nephelem. I'm currently farming Act I/II of inferno, and a single run of Act I nets me 500k gold without considering any AH items -- I typically get ~3 100k+ items per run. Keep in mind that I am a DH however, and Ferret companion makes this easier.

Zzoram

Unless the hackers have a copy of the hash of your password, brute-forcing won't help. For the love of god, I hope Blizzard has some rate-limit on the number of wrong authentication attempts in a given period.

While I do have an authenticator and I haven't been hacked, I find it laughable that it seems required by the community.

My bank doesn't require one, why should a game require one?

Honestly, bank cards and credit cards SHOULD require an authenticator.

Splintered oar found! But I can't equip on my monk to check it out.

It is useless, aside from badassery?

I guess we will see when I get my next level 50 well into the future.

ultron87

So I haven't tried to play this for a week and a half because my new desk was too tall for my old chair. I still can't log in reliably? What. The Fuck.

Wedge7

Sorry guys, think this was posted somewhere, but what was the general math in terms of the ratio of increased dps I receive from "Attack speed increased by %" as opposed to dex. Like, it was 1% of attack speed increase equalled a certain amount of dex. Any chance anyone remembers?

Unicorn

Sorry guys, think this was posted somewhere, but what was the general math in terms of the ratio of increased dps I receive from "Attack speed increased by %" as opposed to dex. Like, it was 1% of attack speed increase equalled a certain amount of dex. Any chance anyone remembers?

All I know is that 13% IAS raised my DPS more than an +150 Int item would on my Wizard.

So I haven't tried to play this for a week and a half because my new desk was too tall for my old chair. I still can't log in reliably? What. The Fuck.

Yeah. I am disappoint.

RE: IAS vs. Dex / Int / Str

Remember that IAS only really helps if you're spamming something... Character sheet dps is not everything.

DTKT

They need to just remove those enemy mods, they're retarded.

Or at least allow some better counterplay.

I really want to write a 2k words post about those two affixes. But let me just say this.

There are no "legit" or "fun" way to counter that ability. The way to deal with them is to backpedal and kite till the end of time.

That is not fun.

BigDug13

I really want to write a 2k words post about those two affixes. But let me just say this.

There are no "legit" or "fun" way to counter that ability. The way to deal with them is to backpedal and kite till the end of time.

That is not fun.

Invulnerable minions really need to be intangible so that you can shoot through them. The way they are now, they're invulnerable and highly damaging linemen blocking my attacks from hitting the one enemy that can sustain damage.

All I know is that 13% IAS raised my DPS more than an +150 Int item would on my Wizard.

Something I'm still not completely clear on:

is the the affect AS has on damage...well what is it? For example, I have gloves giving me +15% attack speed, right? Well that's boosting my "damage" by about 6,000 damage. Something like that.

So let's say my "damage" is listed at 50,000, of which part is being boosted by +30% attack speed. Is the "damage" section taking into consideration added dps from AS such that my damage is some sort of estimate/average of damage I theoretically will do in a second (also taking stuff like crit damage) into consideration?

I ask because even though I'm up around 50,000 damage, when I look at a lot of my damage being dealt in-game, the majority of what I'm seeing my hero deal is ~30,000 non-crit hits. with the occasional really high crit (80,000-100,000). But for the most part, it's in the 30k range. I know the attack speed offers real benefits outside of any damage boosting simply by making all skills casting animations move much faster...but I wonder if I added more int and crit damage/chance instead of so much attack speed, if I wouldn't actually be doing more real damage.

If that makes sense?

Invulnerable minions really need to be intangible so that you can shoot through them. The way they are now, they're invulnerable and highly damaging linemen blocking my attacks from hitting the one enemy that can sustain damage.

Or at least they could be susceptible to slows and whatnot.

Unicorn

It relies a lot on how you're attacking too. I sport Spectral Blades and with my AS up it's straight up SlapChop when I'm going. Something like Arcane Orb probably wouldn't benefit too much from DPS as it will still eat through your Arcane Power.

AS's effect on the sheet is just an average of the damage you would deal in a given second. Whether that's a single hit in that second or sustaining damage. Of course, again, it varies with how you attack. I'd still like to compare it to "stream/beam" attacks to see if those damage numbers pop up faster with ASI.
you should be fine. i was lvl 54 and my DPS is only 4000+

I refuse to switch from Spectral Blades. I tried teleport, but that cooldown is killing me. I've died about 6 times now. Need a breather and to rethink my strategy.

scy

Something I'm still not completely clear on:

is the the affect AS has on damage...well what is it? For example, I have gloves giving me +15% attack speed, right? Well that's boosting my "damage" by about 6,000 damage. Something like that.

Many skills that say "Weapon Damage" really mean "Weapon DPS" instead. There's also some skills (WD Grasp of the Dead is my goto example for this) that change the Weapon Damage% the tooltip lists with more IAS%.

So, yes, some skills will deal more damage per hit just by increasing your attack speed. Personally, I find it to be the most important Wizard DPS stat.

AS's effect on the sheet is just an average of the damage you would deal in a given second. Whether that's a single hit in that second or sustaining damage. Of course, again, it varies with how you attack. I'd still like to compare it to "stream/beam" attacks to see if those damage numbers pop up faster with ASI.

The channeled spells use it as (1/AttackSpeed) to determine the length of a "cycle" which determines how much damage it does per tick (Damage/Cycle) and the Arcane/Mana use occurs every cycle tick. Basically, higher Attack Speed means you burn through your resource faster due to it ticking faster.

Unicorn

Many skills that say "Weapon Damage" really mean "Weapon DPS" instead. There's also some skills (WD Grasp of the Dead is my goto example for this) that change the Weapon Damage% the tooltip lists with more IAS%.

So, yes, some skills will deal more damage per hit just by increasing your attack speed. Personally, I find it to be the most important Wizard DPS stat.

The channeled spells use it as (1/AttackSpeed) to determine the length of a "cycle" which determines how much damage it does per tick (Damage/Cycle) and the Arcane/Mana use occurs every cycle tick. Basically, higher Attack Speed means you burn through your resource faster due to it ticking faster.

Damn that sucks. Good to know though.

LiK

I refuse to switch from Spectral Blades. I tried teleport, but that cooldown is killing me. I've died about 6 times now. Need a breather and to rethink my strategy.

really? i killed him first try. Got Templar to tank/heal? I was using Disintegrate and running around. I never used Teleport.

RDreamer

I'm not normally one to complain or whine about games when they have some problems. I'm usually patient for them to be worked out, but goddamn this stuff is getting old. I'm so annoyed at this point, especially at the AH.

Anyone want to buy this from me or give me a good buyout for AH? Lol, 600dps 2hander at level 42

DRQwv.png

Sorry to bump, but about to throw this onto the AH, if anyone wants to make an offer.

Dahbomb

Man AH has been buggier than before the patch.

Missed out on a couple of "deal of the century" type items. Clicked on them to buyout, got a weird error, clicked on buyout again and it said "item not available" because it was sold. Pretty sure that item went up like 5 seconds ago.

People are furiously buying crap at this time.

Svafnir

Is anyone here really good at art/design? Looking for some basic UI backgrounds for my Diablo 3 fansite, figured I would check Neogaf's Diablo community for anyone interested :) PM me if so.

Edit: Also Lidless Wall is a freaking epic shield graphic.

RDreamer

Sorry to bump, but about to throw this onto the AH, if anyone wants to make an offer.

That's some crazy damage for that level. Thing that sucks is that if you throw it on the AH, level 42 people won't be able to find it unless they specifically search for level reduced.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom