• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT3| Turn On Elective Mode, Get an Authenticator

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grampasso

I'm still at NM act 2 (lv 40) but yesterday I think I found a very good place to farm in act 1.
At step number 6, jump directly to the second step of the quest (talk to Alaric).
What you can do:
- take the suggested waypoint, talk to the ghost which will raise the bridge
- in the next area proceed with the quest, when you'll click on the tombstone several wayves or mobs will come, ending with an elite pack
- in the very same area around there there are usually 1-2 elite/champion packs
- if you go on with the quest and proceed in the 2 dungeons in the same area there will likely be at least another 2 elite packs (if I remember well)

The good about this is that the area where you wonder around is really tiny and with a fixed structure, so you'll hardly take much time searching for the elites, so rinse and repeat :)

Violet_0

Banned
where do people get the crazy idea from that the barbarian is the character that is worst off in inferno? At least they do damage!

/monk player

Anyone have any tips for a lvl 35 Wizard going through Nightmare currently?

Ive been using Arcane heavy attacks (Magic Missle, Orb, Arcane Hydra, Arcane Torrent, Arcane Sheild) and Diamond Sheild.

My gameplay so far has been "Drop Arcane Hydra Turret, Use Arcane Torrent that makes enemies weaker to Arcane attacks, blast with Magic Missle, sometimes throw in an Orb as an Arcane AoE"
I keep the Acane Sheild up and use the rune that makes me get Arcane energy back when Im hit and pop DIamond Sheild when things get hairy.

Some guy today tho told me Hydra was useless :(
I thought it would be useful to add some extra Arcane dmg. after I peppered the enemy up with -Arcane Def. from Torrent.

Also, what skills should I focus on? Ive been mostly tryign to increase Intel. and Vitality.

whoever told you that is fucking stupid. that is all. hydras should be one of your skills throughout the game and into Inferno.

it should have a permanent place. period. and your skills/strategy are fine.

Ive been using Arcane heavy attacks (Magic Missle, Orb, Arcane Hydra, Arcane Torrent, Arcane Sheild) and Diamond Sheild.

My gameplay so far has been "Drop Arcane Hydra Turret, Use Arcane Torrent that makes enemies weaker to Arcane attacks, blast with Magic Missle, sometimes throw in an Orb as an Arcane AoE"
I keep the Acane Sheild up and use the rune that makes me get Arcane energy back when Im hit and pop DIamond Sheild when things get hairy.

I thought it would be useful to add some extra Arcane dmg. after I peppered the enemy up with -Arcane Def. from Torrent.

Also, what skills should I focus on? Ive been mostly tryign to increase Intel. and Vitality.

You will want to pump int, attack %, and damage output on your weapon to make your character do more DPS.

SyNapSe

Why wouldn't your email be compromised as well? If your computer is compromised, it's compromised.

Because I use Google Authenticator! It's actually a real pain in the ass too since you use your igoogle/google reader, gmail, etc. from all sorts of devices and some don't utilize the authenticator so you have to get a static code.

xelios

Universal Access can be found under System Preferences
Just finished Act I Inferno solo with my wizard and got the Brief Butchering achievement to boot. I'm sure things will get much more difficult from here on out from what I hear.

47k dps (none from atk speed, which is about useless for my build) but my hp are lacking. I figured what the hell until Blizz makes vit useful for us again. Dropped any channeling spells in inferno and no problem taking down packs, even invuln minions with a couple deaths. Arcane orb + arcane hydra + arcane snare passive works wonderfully. The reach of AO is crazy and the hydra keeps everything snared, I have ~20% movement speed bonus so I run about a screen away and unload my orbs, rinse repeat.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
Starting yesterday afternoon, after the tool update for the launcher, I'm getting constant freezes when I'm playing. This never existed before, and only started yesterday after the update.

The freezing lasts for roughly 3 seconds, and during the freezing, my mouse cursor works fine and is free to move around without impediment.

This happens about every 60 seconds, which is making Act 3 Hell a lot harder than it should be. This seems to be a pretty obvious server-side issue.

Is anyone else having this infuriating problem?

Ashodin

I'll be making another Melee Demon Hunter update soon. I'm just trying to finish Act 3 Nightmare. I totally destroyed
Belial
easy mode like it was Normal.

I feel like a walking tank.

Violet_0

Banned
I've had two so far... still in Act 2 Normal. Both crappy low-level stuff.
I celebrated by selling them on Auction House.

I love legendary items! Instant 100k+ gold in the AH. I've found a terrible, terrible legendary recently (my 3rd in one hundred hours of playtime) and it's selling for 350k and more! The AH needs to go up again.

Just finished Act I Inferno solo with my wizard and got the Brief Butchering achievement to boot. I'm sure things will get much more difficult from here on out from what I hear.

47k dps (none from atk speed, which is about useless for my build) but my hp are lacking. I figured what the hell until Blizz makes vit useful for us again. Dropped any channeling spells in inferno and no problem taking down packs, even invuln minions with a couple deaths. Arcane orb + arcane hydra + arcane snare passive works wonderfully. The reach of AO is crazy and the hydra keeps everything snared, I have ~20% movement speed bonus so I run about a screen away and unload my orbs, rinse repeat.

haha. the rude awakening that is Act II awaits. It's like a different game.

also, what are you doing ot hit 47k dps? I'd like to get up there. what are your weapon dps and armor bonuses looking like?

I love legendary items! Instant 100k+ gold in the AH. I've found a terrible, terrible legendary recently (my 3rd in one hundred hours of playtime) and it's selling for 350k and more! The AH needs to go up again.
some go for like 10k. lol

I use Arcane Orb with the rune that reduces mana cost
Magic Missile with the seeker missile rune (which you may not have yet)
Then Magic Weapon with the rune that increases damage
Hydra with the poison variety (which I found the best of all the hydras--great for kiting)

Defensive: Diamond Shield with Crystal shield rune, and teleport with mirror image run (a superb way of escaping AND distracting enemies).

Finally got the Staff of Herding, my god was getting some of the parts a pain the ass...

Why is poison hydra better than other hydras?

it does 18% dmg per second per pool. If they hydras all shoot their pools in the same area, the dmg is multiplied.

xelios

Universal Access can be found under System Preferences
haha. the rude awakening that is Act II awaits. It's like a different game.

also, what are you doing ot hit 47k dps? I'd like to get up there. what are your weapon dps and armor bonuses looking like?

some go for like 10k. lol

Its 48k, just looked. 800ish dps 1h rare with 62% critical hit damage bonus. Offhand with 68-206 damage bonus, gear with +crit% and crit bonus. Think I'm around 22% crit with ~220% bonus damage. 2020 intelligence, magic weapon + familiar. You'd be surprised how much the crits add to your dps, and for a great deal of wizard builds much more "real" dps than you'll see out of attack speed increase. Depending on what you're using atk speed increase is artificial dps but I still see the wrong builds going for it.

Resists and mitigation are all around 60% but I am still a marshmallow. Also I'd advise anyone against magic find from gear in inferno, unless you find it without sacrificing anything. I used over 100% magic find through the majority of all difficulties after normal and nothing compares to the mere 75% buff you get at 60. Nothing. It's obvious they work differently, I just don't know how or why.

Ferrio

Banned
Its 48k, just looked. 800ish dps 1h rare with 62% critical hit damage bonus. Gear with +crit% and crit bonus. Think I'm around 22% crit with ~220% bonus damage. 2020 intelligence, magic weapon + familiar. You'd be surprised how much the crits add to your dps, and for a great deal of wizard builds much more "real" dps than you'll see out of attack speed increase. Depending on what you're using atk speed increase is artificial dps but I still see the wrong builds going for it.

As a DH. I've not been favoring attack speed as much in inferno too. You're kiting too much to take advantage of it.

scy

As a DH. I've not been favoring attack speed as much in inferno too. You're kiting too much to take advantage of it.

Attack Speed feels more relevant for the melee classes and then WD for having so many spells that adjust to it (unsure how many Wizard ones do, now that I think about it). More geared towards classes that hold left click to blend rather than the kiting ones.

That said, I like enough Attack Speed on my DH to get enough attacks in from max range Smokescreen to refill Hatred faster. Still, that's accomplished mostly by just DWing or a good Quiver.

LordCanti

Auction house has been blipping in and out for the past 30mins. Search will be screwy then I can't get into it at all.

I can't get any of my items from the completed auctions tab into my stash. I get an error code every time.

Hopefully that won't persist. I've got a lot of stuff in there...

Instro

Um...so I logged in and all my gear is gone, my stash is empty and I have no gold. This some sort of weird glitch?

DTKT

So, is MF worth it?

I've been running 90% for most of Nightmare and I'm not sure it's worth not upgrading stuff because it doesn't have + MF on it :|

Um...so I logged in and all my gear is gone, my stash is empty and I have no gold. This some sort of weird glitch?

You just hot hacked.

Magnus

Oh boy. Do you have an authenticator?

Edit: Beaten like Sansa.

One more evil of the online world for those who might just want to play single-player. Yeah, you were probably just hacked.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom