• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT3| Turn On Elective Mode, Get an Authenticator

Status
Not open for further replies.

teh_pwn

"Saturated fat causes heart disease as much as Brawndo is what plants crave."
Also, the Auction house is really bugging me, can't sell anything :/

I like how it for a split second will say "this may take a couple of minutes" but then immediately times out. But if you reattempt 20 times you magically get it.

The software behind this is terrible. It doesn't even implement the queuing it warns you of.

What did they change with the patch? Why can't they just post decent patch notes with it?

When you log in you immediately get a bunch of chat in blue going "derp herp derp derp herp" or at least that's how I interpret it much like youtube.

spootime

So apparently Boon of Protection has been shifted to an ability of Mantra of Healing, and replaced with Boon of Inspiration, which gives life on hit (around 180 i heard). Pretty cool, low LoH though. Not sure if it'll be worth giving up time of need or hard target for.

Raxus

I like how it for a split second will say "this may take a couple of minutes" but then immediately times out. But if you reattempt 20 times you magically get it.

I really wish you were exaggerating but it really does take 5-10 attempts to post ONE item to the AH at the moment. No real money AH AND it is even worse off than before. Blizzard obviously doesn't understand the concepts of updates and maintenance.

Wizard GAF, how is this for an off hand?

JR5qE.jpg

I'm having a hard time getting the AH to work properly, but my friend thinks it would be worth a pretty penny. Thoughts?

Gouty

Bloodborne is shit
I'm nearing the end of my first normal run and man, I still don't know shit about this game.

I'm playing a barbarian, what exactly does Dex effect? I'm also assuming Int is worthless.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
Questions to well inferno-equipped Wizards out there - will 2,4 million be enough to buy the gear needed to take down Belial/get through acts 3 and 4? I'm on EU.

GorillaJu

I'm nearing the end of my first normal run and man, I still don't know shit about this game.

I'm playing a barbarian, what exactly does Dex effect? I'm also assuming Int is worthless.[/QUOTE

Just mouse over the stats in your character window. It'll tell you what the stats do

Wallach

Wizard GAF, how is this for an off hand?

JR5qE.jpg

I'm having a hard time getting the AH to work properly, but my friend thinks it would be worth a pretty penny. Thoughts?

Quite a fantastic piece, you'll fetch a lot for it. Max damage roll has huge variance (29-400) and you landed big on the min dmg as well (up to 110), while having MF, socket, a big life modifier and a splash of int on the side. Try the trading forum rather than the AH if you want a ballpark, then wait until the AH is back up to gauge what you want to try and get for it.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Well, at least I was able to get a new pair of gloves for 10k from the AH. +200 Damage, 10 more int, 50 more armor. I really hope they can get that thing working better tomorrow.

Edit: Yay, 10 minutes into Infernal, found some Black Smith Plans.

Awesome to hear, I wasn't sure if it would be a negative that the INT is somewhat low, as I've lived a Barb-sheltered life in game, and have no experience with Wizards. Definitely going to hang onto it for now, thanks for the insight everyone.

Wallach

Awesome to hear, I wasn't sure if it would be a negative that the INT is somewhat low, as I've lived a Barb-sheltered life in game, and have no experience with Wizards. Definitely going to hang onto it for now, thanks for the insight everyone.

It doesn't help, but you're looking at a few million at least. MF is a great stat to have on above-average quality items.

teh_pwn

"Saturated fat causes heart disease as much as Brawndo is what plants crave."
Well, at least I was able to get a new pair of gloves for 10k from the AH. +200 Damage, 10 more int, 50 more armor. I really hope they can get that thing working better tomorrow.

Yeah, I opted out of buying/selling. Before selling I like to find similar items and undercut them 5k (unless the lowest price is way too low and new). In the few times there wasn't lag I didn't find much to compare to.

Also I'm looking for new weapons and there's a sea of weak stuff being sold for top dollar.

I think there will be better deals when there's more competition. I mean I cannot beat the B- quality stuff I bought on Monday for 50k with 300k today.

Instead I bought a tab and filled it with rare stuff.

Pachinko

Well, it took me 2 weeks and 27 hours apparently but I finally finished a normal playthrough with a demon hunter. Comparing my finished game build to one of my battlenet friends , I'm slightly worse off, he had poured all open slots full of emeralds and ever so slightly better armor.

I had fun though, not sure where I want to go next with the game, right into nightmare perhaps ? I may wait until another friend picks the game up and plays through normal for that. In the meantime... sorcerer perhaps ?

So I just beat Act I Inferno for the first time on my Wizard and didn't find it too bad there was one rare pack that had Fast and Fire Chains that I just could not overcome, but besides that killed everything I ran across. The loot I got was for the most part terrible though. I'm seeing a pretty big increase in damage I'm taking in act II. Does anybody have any tips? Maybe my stats are lacking in a certain area?

uzQAP.jpg
x2PbV.png

jasonng

Getting severe lag issues to the point where everything freezes except for my character and once bnet stabilized I'm fucking dead. This game is extremely extremely frustrating and not in a good way. I seriously cannot wait for Torchlight 2.

zoukka

Getting severe lag issues to the point where everything freezes except for my character and once bnet stabilized I'm fucking dead. This game is extremely extremely frustrating and not in a good way. I seriously cannot wait for Torchlight 2.

Yeah I get stuttering every day in at least some point even though my latency is always under 50...

Aaaaaand bnet is down on my day off again :DDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

DTKT

Yeah, I have the same issue.

When I first boot the game, it stutters for a few seconds than resume what it was doing. It only does that when I'm playing after a fresh boot. It goes away after 5-6 mins.

zoukka

Yeah, I have the same issue.

When I first boot the game, it stutters for a few seconds than resume what it was doing. It only does that when I'm playing after a fresh boot. It goes away after 5-6 mins.

It's different. For example some areas cause stuttering for me and sometimes the game runs at perfect 60fps and sometimes it's a slideshow. My specs are more than good and it's not the internet connection either. It's just that blizzard magic hitting me from time to time.

ScRYeD

It's different. For example some areas cause stuttering for me and sometimes the game runs at perfect 60fps and sometimes it's a slideshow. My specs are more than good and it's not the internet connection either. It's just that blizzard magic hitting me from time to time.

It seems different for everyone (sample size of 3 is everyone), I get huge stutter only when crossing the castles bridge in act 3.

FtHTiny

Whimsyshire feels like a bad place to farm because of the dungeon layout. There's no where to run man! No straight lines!

you can kite around one of the lakes against most combinations without to much of a problem. Pull the packs to the lake closest to the spawn and run in circels around it killing it.
I really like Pony level farming. Got 1 legendary out of a happy cloud yesterday. But i highly recommend getting a 5-stack outside first, clearing the dungeon, putting on mf gear and open your 20 clouds.

The rare is better.

Them tooltips are the most misleading feature. I would rather them not be there. Or at least make it like WoW were there are addons that can show you all of the negatives/positives to switching equipment.

Thanks though. I'm glad the rare is better because I bought it from the AH earlier for 15k, whereas I just found that blue.

LiK

Beat Act 2 of Hell in a full party. We were all different classes which made it fun to see all our powers working together. It was lotsa fun.

Wow, after the legendary shield I got a couple hours ago which was my first, I just got Hellrack.

UJIg8.jpg

I actually had to switch my 1H+Mojo for this, it brought me close to 20k dps.

Kaiden

Neo Member
Anyone want to farm Warden on Inferno with me for 1-2 runs? I have no other friends that are on that level and I'm tired of doing it alone :/

US Server, Kaiden#1108

Well damn. I am pretty sure Inferno will not be for me.

I just got raped on Act 1 Hell by two separate mobs on the same level.

Arcane sentry on both. 1 was with 3 invulnerable minions, the others (much easier) were shields and freeze. They dropped shit, so I spent thousands on repairs for hundreds in drops!

Totakeke

Wow, after the legendary shield I got a couple hours ago which was my first, I just got Hellrack.

UJIg8.jpg

I actually had to switch my 1H+Mojo for this, it brought me close to 20k dps.

It has plenty of stats that's already factored into the weapon dps. ;/

Been blasting through Normal with my Wizard some more. Level 29 now, just got to the last third or so of Act 3
Just killed the Siegebreaker.

Pretty fun, and a refreshing break from my Demon Hunter. The skills feel more satisfying to me a lot of time time, as more of them travel instantly, rather than having to wait for hits to connect.

I'll probably leave her alone for a bit though after I clear normal to go back to the DH, and work another alt through normal as the side project. Barb or Monk is next up.

Finaika

So I just got my first Legendary item.

Did Blizzard fix the underpowered Legendary in the recent patch? Should I inspect it now or save for later?

Wallach

So what stats do and don't get factored straight in?

Anything that can be directly modeled into weapon DPS is already calculated in the big DPS number.

Stuff like raw stats (Int, Dex, Str), procs that cause damage (like that bleed) or critical hit modifiers are not calculated. Most anything else is.

So I just got my first Legendary item.

Did Blizzard fix the underpowered Legendary in the recent patch? Should I inspect it now or save for later?

Since their update isn't retroactive you can identify it now, yours wouldn't get the updated properties even if you waited.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
Well damn. I am pretty sure Inferno will not be for me.

I just got raped on Act 1 Hell by two separate mobs on the same level.

Arcane sentry on both. 1 was with 3 invulnerable minions, the others (much easier) were shields and freeze. They dropped shit, so I spent thousands on repairs for hundreds in drops!

Just keep playing. You'll get stuck at points, and just sail through other parts. I didn't find Hell nearly as hard as I thought it was going to be.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Are plans supposed to be Rare? I haven't found any besides the Cow Level Staff all game, now found 2 in the last 30 minutes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom