• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT3| Turn On Elective Mode, Get an Authenticator

Status
Not open for further replies.

zoukka

So I just got my first Legendary item.

Did Blizzard fix the underpowered Legendary in the recent patch? Should I inspect it now or save for later?

Does anyone even know if the stats are given when you find it or upon inspection? I would guess it's the finding part...

Finaika

Since their update isn't retroactive you can identify it now, yours wouldn't get the updated properties even if you waited.

Ok thanks.

I'm still playing through normal (lvl28), so I should just identify it now because it will surely get replaced later lol.

Shouta

Them tooltips are the most misleading feature. I would rather them not be there. Or at least make it like WoW were there are addons that can show you all of the negatives/positives to switching equipment.

Thanks though. I'm glad the rare is better because I bought it from the AH earlier for 15k, whereas I just found that blue.

The biggest factor is the block rate on the two, really. The rare has 34% the blue has 16%. Granted, the stats on the blue are quite nice but I don't know if you it'd bring more benefit than double the block rate.

xelios

Universal Access can be found under System Preferences
Just wanted to shout out a thanks to eeks (eek5) for helping a fellow gaffer kill inferno Belail. Couldn't have done it without you, even in public games I had no luck. You're awesome. And he's a BARB!!! ;)

P.S. Thanks for rezzing me as I died to the landmines until my armor was red and for the fun group through the beginning of Act III.

Wallach

Just wanted to shout out a thanks to eeks (eek5) for helping a fellow gaffer kill inferno Belail. Couldn't have done it without you, even in public games I had no luck. You're awesome. And he's a BARB!!! ;)

P.S. Thanks for rezzing me as I died to the landmines until my armor was red and for the fun group through the beginning of Act III.

that guy is a noob don't thank him

Well damn. I am pretty sure Inferno will not be for me.

I just got raped on Act 1 Hell by two separate mobs on the same level.

Arcane sentry on both. 1 was with 3 invulnerable minions, the others (much easier) were shields and freeze. They dropped shit, so I spent thousands on repairs for hundreds in drops!

Hell was ridiculously hard for me at first too...now that I have decent gear its not hard at all. If you have the money for it, just try to get some gear on the AH to give you a leg up. I can help you if you want, youre already on my friends list

jsrv

WrHNL.jpg

I don't play Wizard
For you wizards, is this garbage or not?

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
WrHNL.jpg

I don't play Wizard
For you wizards, is this garbage or not?

Not bad. Good amount of Int, the plus Arcane Power is always nice but isn't that high of a priority, the damage is decent. The Critical Hit Arcane power isn't bad, but it isn't too reliable.

Its nothing that great, but its a fine weapon.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
If I'm looking at the DPS of a weapon on the AH and see it has a socketed gem with +dmg, is that already being factored into the weapon?

Narag

Finally got a groove on this evening and was able to proceed through the trebuchet mission to the siegebreaker on Inferno with NV. Feels good to actually get some higher end drops finally.

Big-E

All this damage talk is so confusing. It should have been an all or nothing thing. Weird how some of the numbers affect the shown DPS of the weapon and others don't.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
All this damage talk is so confusing. It should have been an all or nothing thing. Weird how some of the numbers affect the shown DPS of the weapon and others don't.

It makes sense. The other stats can't be mixed into the number, because they're calculated differently.

Wallach

Well, the numbers that aren't included are ones that can't really be included universally; Dexterity doesn't modify weapon DPS for a Barbarian, but would for a Demon Hunter or Monk. Similarly you can't roll critical hit chance or damage into the weapon DPS since their effect on DPS is reliant on the individual character's stats. They didn't want to make it change based on which class was looking at the item so that people would not be confused by items changing DPS values when they were looking at the Auction House, presumably.

Darkone

So i am on Act II NM difficulty, i found the treasure goblin and chased the little fucker all over the place, mobs kept coming after me and i held them back but they kept coming, the Revenge ability for the Barb is a life saver, LOL it was one of my best experiences in the game so far.

Can`t wait for next week, the hole week i am off work home playing with no wife and kids :).

If I'm looking at the DPS of a weapon on the AH and see it has a socketed gem with +dmg, is that already being factored into the weapon?

Others have said differently, so I may be wrong.

I thought it was sorted to include that in the DPS. So if it is 250 plus a gem that takes it to the 300, it would appear between weapons that are 310 or 290.

But if you actually click on the weapon, it will pop up with the actual base DPS (with elemental damage, plus damage factored in, but NOT the gem)

Another AH question- is there a way to check for a +damage?
For example +6-12 damage on a ring. I can't seem to find any category for it, and I have some rings sitting around I don't know how to price.

Big-E

Well, the numbers that aren't included are ones that can't really be included universally; Dexterity doesn't modify weapon DPS for a Barbarian, but would for a Demon Hunter or Monk. Similarly you can't roll critical hit chance or damage into the weapon DPS since their effect on DPS is reliant on the individual character's stats. They didn't want to make it change based on which class was looking at the item so that people would not be confused by items changing DPS values when they were looking at the Auction House, presumably.

True but dont you need to be in your character to be in the AH any way? Like when I go into the AH as my WD my default search stuff is WD items and when I am in with my DH, I get DH items.

zoukka

Another AH question- is there a way to check for a +damage?
For example +6-12 damage on a ring. I can't seem to find any category for it, and I have some rings sitting around I don't know how to price.

You can't search for them. I've been selling the merchant rings for about 20-30k a piece for a while now. Always buy a bunch and they are often all sold. Don't know what their real worth is, but I reckon any profit from merchant crap is godlike.

Wallach

True but dont you need to be in your character to be in the AH any way? Like when I go into the AH as my WD my default search stuff is WD items and when I am in with my DH, I get DH items.

You can swap freely between class related searches, and when selling you have access to all of the characters on your account in terms of their inventories.

All they really need to do is get the compare tooltips to be more helpful in showing the accurate (and detailed) changes when swapping items. Particularly need it to be more graceful in handling 1h + 1h -> 2h conversions.

Got my first set item tonight. Can't really tell if it's good or not. The DPS is kinda low, but the other stats all seem pretty beast, and the 2 set bonus is really good it seems like.

Zfjca.jpg

Is this decent, even if only as a starter weapon for Lv. 60?

red731

I must really up my game with my 60lvl Monk 0_O
I am in A1INF and doing kinda good, but hell I need to farm a lot more!

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
Why does equipment not tell you the kind of base item it is? There is so much less flavor with the items when you don't know it is an ancient sword, or battle gauntlets as opposed to just gloves or sword. Stupid decision Blizzard.

Wallach

Got my first set item tonight. Can't really tell if it's good or not. The DPS is kinda low, but the other stats all seem pretty beast, and the 2 set bonus is really good it seems like.

Is this decent, even if only as a starter weapon for Lv. 60?

Unfortunately it's pretty bad. It's a little better than it appears because of the crit damage modifier, but because it isn't actually needed to hit all four set bonuses it's a hard sell. I'd probably list it for like 250k and hope someone bites.

Unfortunately it's pretty bad. It's a little better than it appears because of the crit damage modifier, but because it isn't actually needed to hit all four set bonuses it's a hard sell. I'd probably list it for like 250k and hope someone bites.

I'll put it with a low bid so that at least it sells for something

eek5

Resist all. I have roughly your stats but with 600 resist all and I still get my ass kicked in Act 2 :|

I have 8.8k/900-1k and stuff still gives me trouble in A2. Good luck guys!

edit: here are my stats
stats_60.jpg

A2 is definitely doable but there are still some struggles. A3 is kind of hit or miss. Some of the stuff there hits WAY harder than others. I can tank some packs and then some other packs just 2 shot me. It's very inconsistent/frustrating because I have no idea what I can other than stacking more defenses.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom