• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT3| Turn On Elective Mode, Get an Authenticator

Status
Not open for further replies.
Since today's EU maintenance I seem to always get Error 37 the first time I try to log on, and "Authenticating credentials..." takes a lot longer than it used to.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
If you mean Dark3D, it's perfectly safe as it's just an FXAA Injector that adds a post-process effect across the entire screen without any interaction with the Diablo 3 .exe. Both it and NVIDIA Inspector are trustworthy, safe apps, and if you want you don't even have to use Inspector for the AA as it can be done through the official NVIDIA Control Panel.
I thought that was the official control panel, I overlooked Inspector. But if Dark3D is safe, aight.

Z3M0G

I couldn't imagine NOT setting "authenticate every time" with the authenticator... I had one with FFXIV and had to use it every time, and it seemed perfectly natural. Using it only once from each new IP address doesn't feel secure at all...

The craziest shit was feeling like I was fucking wrestling with the hacker.

"You have been logged off because your account has logged on from another computer."
*log back on, 10 seconds later*
"You have been logged off because your account has logged on from another computer."
*can't log in... change password, log back on, 30 seconds later*
*reauthenticate, change password again, log back on... all items gone*

I can just see the smug fuck going "oh no you don't."

Authenticated and hacked while playing? Your fault.

Thrakier

Alternatively, disable in-game AA and enable NVIDIA MSAA, removing the blur and the jaggies:

ScAhF.png

8xQ is the best possible setting in my experience (CSAA eliminates some lighting effects, Supersampling glitches out), but if you need to save performance just dial down the factor.

Yes, though with Dark D3 you can also use a slight color correction. I now many got used to the way D3 looks but yeah, if you use DarkD3 for a time you know how much better and "more Diablo" the game can look. I don't care what Blizz intended. In my book, all they tried was catering to the WoW crowd as well and I don't see the whole "artsy painting" blahblah. It's just a blurry soup of colors in it's vanilla state.

And if Blizz integrated something like Dark D3 in the options, EVERYONE would use it. Except Yoshichan who really loves how D3 looks. ;D :3

RPGCrazied

Well, yesterday sucked for playing. Literally down all day yesterday. Sure I got to play an hour or so, but servers were basically fucked. I guess on patch day that is to be expected.

Orgun

Finally got around to finishing the game on Normal and immediately started Nightmare. Enjoying it much more in Nightmare, skipping all the dialogue makes the game flow so much better :)

elfinke

You can force MSAA with AMD cards, but you have to download random shit though :p

http://forums.guru3d.com/showthread.php?t=363639

Have tested it and works great, running my game with 4xAA adaptive, in game AA off. Looks much sharper and better.

This is stunning! It's like having your eyes cleared of blurriness, or putting your glasses on!

For those unaware (like I was), the instructions here are spot on, and it's a 30sec procedure. Grab the program (Radit4.0) from here:

http://www.forum-3dcenter.org/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=8196531&postcount=1

Brilliant! D3 is a damn sight nicer to look out, vaso free!

C.Dark.DN

Banned
Yeah, I got used to using the auth every time. I think for a few years? When the patch came out to disable that by default I was actually kind of worried/mad but quickly saw I could change the preference.

New players probably just don't know you can do it.

Thrakier

This is stunning! It's like having your eyes cleared of blurriness, or putting your glasses on!

For those unaware (like I was), the instructions here are spot on, and it's a 30sec procedure. Grab the program (Radit4.0) from here:

It is, isn't it. Though there will always be people who will defend the vaso look as "artsy" without the understanding how FXAA works and why Blizz chose FXAA...

Ourobolus

Banned
How is IAS factored in?

Say I'm dual wielding hand crossbows with 15% IAS on each (default 1.6 APS). That means they each do 1.84 APS, with 15% bonus to attack speed due to dual wielding, that should be 1.84 * 1.15 = 2.116 APS, right?

If I have, say 2 rings, an amulet, and gloves with 15% IAS each, is it then 2.116*1.15^4 = ~3.7?

Or do I have it completely wrong?

J-Rzez

Anyone change their battery in their authenticator before? Is there anything you should do first like remove it from the account, or can you just swap it out, battery type?

LordCanti

JvNWJ.png

Any idea on price GAF? Comparables are few and far between.

It loses points for not having +IAS, but it's a good Monk/DH ring otherwise. Who knows how much it's worth though. If it had +IAS, millions. Without though? Eh.

I'm in the same boat with some of the items I'm trying to sell. Great except for the lack of IAS.

MajorPain

What happened to all the gems on the AH? I was on there over the weekend and they were plentiful looked last night and I couldn't find any.

Made it to Act IV Inferno with my DH Solo. I pretty much went all crit dmg and rely on all speed to not get killed (with SS of course). I get why people like piercing arrow for the primary slot but I simply love Evasive Fire with the 3 bolt shot, also Rain Of Vengeance with the Stampede Rune has saved my ass so many times because of the knock back it does to enemies that it's not even funny.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/demon-hunter#fRXTlV!aTe!bcZZba

anyone have any not so conventional DH builds? I like trying the funky stuff.

Meteorain

When I open up my CCC it doesn't look anything like the options available to me! I don't have drop-down for the AA Mode part.

Any workarounds and such?

Number45

Anyone change their battery in their authenticator before? Is there anything you should do first like remove it from the account, or can you just swap it out, battery type?
If it's like the mobile authenticator you have a restore code that you can use if you have any issues (I think you're given this when you attach it to the account).

Made it to Act IV Inferno with my DH Solo. I pretty much went all crit dmg and rely on all speed to not get killed (with SS of course). I get why people like piercing arrow for the primary slot but I simply love Evasive Fire with the 3 bolt shot, also Rain Of Vengeance with the Stampede Rune has saved my ass so many times because of the knock back it does to enemies that it's not even funny.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/demon-hunter#fRXTlV!aTe!bcZZba

anyone have any not so conventional DH builds? I like trying the funky stuff.

My god yes, not even to Hell yet but I love this as my primary. I can't imagine going back to Hungering or Bola

MajorPain

It loses points for not having +IAS, but it's a good Monk/DH ring otherwise. Who knows how much it's worth though. If it had +IAS, millions. Without though? Eh.

I'm in the same boat with some of the items I'm trying to sell. Great except for the lack of IAS.

What is IAS?

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
How good is the "armor"-stat exactly? Any graphs?

TheExodu5

Banned
How good is the "armor"-stat exactly? Any graphs?

Okay, but not great. If armor is roughly 10x that of resists (5000 armor vs. 500 resists), then 10 points of armor is worth roughly one resist. The main problem with the +armor stat is that it can't get very high, while the resist stat can.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Okay, but not great. If armor is roughly 10x that of resists (5000 armor vs. 500 resists), then 10 points of armor is worth roughly one resist. The main problem with the +armor stat is that it can't get very high, while the resist stat can.
Thanks sir~

My monk actually has 75% damage reduction from armor alone so it can get just as high as resists can if setup right. The ideal setup is still to spread it around though as every stat has diminishing returns at some point along the line.

Torraz

So, after finding some decent drops my monk can now do act 1 inferno dank + blacksmiths wife runs alone.

Is it worth it to do this alone at 62% GF and 62% MF or should I keep doing it in public games? The issue with public games is that runs are often already half finished (dank already done etc.) I can also do 5 stack nephalem act 3 hell runs.

What do you guys find best for farming?

elfinke

I don't understand 'Install the AA Caps'

What are the AA caps?

Grab that Radit4.0 program, follow the instructions from that point on and it'll take care of it all. At least, that's what I did. Those AACaps threw me for a minute or two, too!

scy

How is IAS factored in?

Say I'm dual wielding hand crossbows with 15% IAS on each (default 1.6 APS). That means they each do 1.84 APS, with 15% bonus to attack speed due to dual wielding, that should be 1.84 * 1.15 = 2.116 APS, right?

If I have, say 2 rings, an amulet, and gloves with 15% IAS each, is it then 2.116*1.15^4 = ~3.7?

Or do I have it completely wrong?

I think it's additive; 1.6 * (1 + .15 + .15 + .15 + .15 + .15 + .15) ~= 3.04. I can't check for you right now but that sounds closer to right.

Don't forget you can get ~+12% on Boots (Boj Anglers), Bracers (Lacuni Prowlers), and a variety of Chests.

Check out the minimum Inferno damage of the Hell Witch...

And with ~3.3k/330 Resists as a minimum for Inferno, that's about 14.3k minimum damage.

I hear this all the time, why don´t you just let the pack alive and move on with it. Not every pack is hard or not fun.
Pull it in a corner and let it be. When you get better gear you can do every combination easily but if you know something is to hard (Soul eater, fast, vortex, fire chain, horde for example) pull it away and don´t get mad at it.

To be fair they kinda train the new player into believing they are a wrecking machine that should be able to kill everything in their path.

If the fear of elite mobs was instilled in normal this wouldn't be an issue.

I'm not saying it's a big deal as is, it's just that I'm not surprised people don't consider just avoiding some enemies.

Bitmap Frogs

Mr. Community
Figures, have time to play and boom error 37.

The horrible server situation, people getting hacked even with an authenthicator... fuck you blizzard, fuck you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom