• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT3| Turn On Elective Mode, Get an Authenticator

Status
Not open for further replies.

scy

The maximum magic find you can get from your follower is 20% right?

Well, you get 20% of their Magic Find and Gold Find. I'd guess around 20% is the limit just due to itemization (+25% on Amulet, Ring, Ring, Shield) unless there's a Legendary Relic and Weapon with those stats on them.

colinp

Banned
Grab that Radit4.0 program, follow the instructions from that point on and it'll take care of it all. At least, that's what I did. Those AACaps threw me for a minute or two, too!

My CCC doesn't offer the 'Override application setting' mode for Anti-Aliasing. Hmmm, any reason why this might be?

Is there any way you can skip out of the rest Normal?

I rolled an alt Demon Hunter and loaded him down with EXP gear. I'm at level 26 in Act 2. Can I get someone to create a Act IV Final Boss game, join him, beat the game and skip to Nightmare?

I love this game, but Normal is a dreadful bore compared to Nightmare. Especially when you're as over-leveled and over-geared as I am right now.

Tacitus_

Did anyone play any Public games on their first run through? I did and kind of skipped through everything. Is it worth carefully crawling through on your first time?

Played through NM and Hell in pub games on my barb. With my DH I'm not bothering since I'm twinking her every 5-10 levels and vaulting through the levels so pubbies would just slow me down.

I rolled an alt Demon Hunter and loaded him down with EXP gear. I'm at level 26 in Act 2. Can I get someone to create a Act IV Final Boss game, join him, beat the game and skip to Nightmare?

I love this game, but Normal is a dreadful bore compared to Nightmare. Especially when you're as over-leveled and over-geared as I am right now.

Get Prep and Vault and +speed after using vault passive. Vault through levels. Profit.

Bradach

I was wondering this myself recently. Good to know.

When I run the US launcher and try to log in, it gives me error 37.

When I run the EU launcher and try to log in, it works and I can play normally.

What gives Blizzard?

PS: I have 2 different launchers because one I downloaded (US) and other one I installed from the retail disk (EU).

Riggs

Banned
New demon hunter look, each dye is 5k. Die bashiok!
ibj2HdoRbRQVhE.png

Nykad

Account got "hacked" last night. Some ass vendored all my stuff. No I don't have a key logger on my system. And I had a strong password and I don't go to those crappy D3 fan sites.

Get an authenticator people.

Wait, the hydra spells are actually useful? I haven't touched them on my level 52 wizard since I got them. They seemed totally useless.

Yet, I see people constantly recommending Venom Hydra. What's the story there?

LordCanti

Bows right around 900 DPS are now 50k. Fifty...thousand...gold.

Every bow I could have flipped for 100k+ (had the AH stayed stable for five minutes) is now worth less than 20k a piece. Most of them aren't even worth that.

If I sell these on the AH and take the 15% hit, I may lose gold on each one. Combined they aren't even worth the auction slots anyway. Anyone want 700-800 DPS bows for 20k a piece? :p

I want to slap Blizzard. I want the company to congeal into a physical entity, and then I want to slap it.

LiK

Wait, the hydra spells are actually useful? I haven't touched them on my level 52 wizard since I got them. They seemed totally useless.

the poison effect actually does a lot of dmg on the ground. works great.

scy

Well, keep in mind that each Hydra is shooting from 3 heads so focused fire from it is around 3 times the listed damage. Additionally, Venom Hydra creates a little pool that deals damage over time (basically, a mini-Plagued pool) that stacks.

Hydra is basically a Wizard staple.

Jubbly

Each V. Hydra hit leaves a toxic pool that does 18% damage per second. What the tooltip doesn't mention is that the damage stacks. So if you use the Templar or Duplicates to distract and hold up the enemies they'll get slaughtered in seconds. Ditto if there's a group and they're running at you as they'll each walk through multiple stacked pools.

By far the best offensive Wizard spell and essential for kiting in Inferno.

scy

Every bow I could have flipped for 100k+ (had the AH stayed stable for five minutes) is now worth less than 20k a piece. Most of them aren't even worth that.

I need to get my DH a new ~900 DPS Bow.

I hope all weapon prices didn't crash :( I just got my Wizard a nice Attack Speed ~900 DPS Weapon last night. If I could've gotten it for a fraction of the cost today ...

Narag

my Templar is so beefed up with awesome gear I don't use, he can tank for me easily in Hell. the only guys who drop him are the Uniques
Mine actually does decent in inferno against physical stuff. Other resists aren't up to snuff but he's worked well as a tank for me well into act IIII Inferno.

DSmalls84

So can anyone give me some tips on where to magic find? I'm currently in Act 1 Inferno but having trouble taking down champion packs. Usually what I do is start the Second Heart quest in Act 3 Hell and clear the floors leading up to the two bosses to stack valor. I have found some decent rares to sell, but no legendary drops at all. I have about 50% MF on top of the Valor stacks.

LordCanti

I hope all weapon prices didn't crash :( I just got my Wizard a nice Attack Speed ~900 DPS Weapon last night. If I could've gotten it for a fraction of the cost today ...

+Critical damage stuff is still going for decent prices. That's it though, other than 1000+ DPS stuff.

For DH's anyway. I don't follow other class auctions.

If I sell these on the AH and take the 15% hit, I may lose gold on each one. Combined they aren't even worth the auction slots anyway. Anyone want 700-800 DPS bows for 20k a piece? :p

I want to slap Blizzard. I want the company to congeal into a physical entity, and then I want to slap it.

Welcome to supply and demand rules of economy.

Jubbly

So can anyone give me some tips on where to magic find? I'm currently in Act 1 Inferno but having trouble taking down champion packs. Usually what I do is start the Second Heart quest in Act 3 Hell and clear the floors leading up to the two bosses to stack valor. I have found some decent rares to sell, but no legendary drops at all. I have about 50% MF on top of the Valor stacks.

Frankly, you're better stacking Gold Find unless you can get over 200% Magic Find, and even then it's bleeding difficult to get a good-great drop.

Trickster

Act 2 inferno makes the templar totally irrelevant lol. He was actually a pretty good tank on act 1, but in act 2 he just died within seconds everytime. Annoying having to use enchantress :(

Each V. Hydra hit leaves a toxic pool that does 18% damage per second. What the tooltip doesn't mention is that the damage stacks. So if you use the Templar or Duplicates to distract and hold up the enemies they'll get slaughtered in seconds. Ditto if there's a group and they're running at you as they'll each walk through multiple stacked pools.

By far the best offensive Wizard spell and essential for kiting in Inferno.

My god... You just blew my mind. I can't wait to try this tonight.

+Critical damage stuff is still going for decent prices. That's it though, other than 1000+ DPS stuff.

For DH's anyway. I don't follow other class auctions.

What is the usefulness of crit for monks? Crit chance plus crit damage always looks so good, but point for point I pretty much weigh everything over it. I assume if you are going crit it is either all or nothing.

DSmalls84

Frankly, you're better stacking Gold Find unless you can get over 200% Magic Find, and even then it's bleeding difficult to get a good-great drop.

I never really thought of stacking gold drop % items. What's the market like for these items? high demand?

TommyT

Well yeah. A 900 DPS bow (blue) with no stats or decent modifiers is going to sell for crap because at the level where people use that gear you want something more than just dps.

When you get something with Life on Hit, +Crit Damage, huge stats and whatever else you can command 200k-300k-400k for an item. I still think many weapons are highly OVERpriced. I bought a 952 DPS, 92% +crit damage, 80dex, 80int x-bow for 400k the other night... I bought it because it was far less than the others at that criteria and was just put up (2d left time). To me, that's overpriced but fit my build really well so I bit :\

TheExodu5

Banned

I don't know...even just doing 2 hours of Act 1 Inferno last night I had no problem making about 300-400K off of random rares.

LordCanti

Welcome to supply and demand rules of economy.

Believe me, I know. The thing is, when supply was low and demand was high, the AH was a broken POS that wouldn't properly list items. My items went into two days long invisible vacuums where no one could see them or bid on them.

Now I'm taking a loss on stuff because their infrastructure is garbage ><

/salty

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Account got "hacked" last night. Some ass vendored all my stuff. No I don't have a key logger on my system. And I had a strong password and I don't go to those crappy D3 fan sites.

High five buddy. We're naked together.

smr00

Banned

Yes.

Both Arcane and Poison are both incredibly useful in progressing through inferno.

Depending on what act i am in or if i am in smaller corridors i prefer arcane for the slow down.

What Level/Class are you? if you are 50+ hunter/wizard i have quite a few items i can throw your way.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
I don't know...even just doing 2 hours of Act 1 Inferno last night I had no problem making about 300-400K off of random rares.

Though Magic Find has diminishing returns, and with the Nephalem Valor system, anyone can have relatively inexpensive, but decent Magic Find.

I'm honestly not sure which is better for the end game. I'm trying to figure it out myself.

Otheradam

The economy gap is only going to get wider as the game ages. Everything that isn't the best of the best will be totally worthless as everyone becomes lvl 60 and everything at the top will go for insane amounts of money. It seems everything under lvl 45 is already worthless as the bigger population is lvling past that right now. Gold items in the 40s last week were like maybe 10k and now I can't find anything decent for below 90k at least.

Wonder if/how Blizzard will address this. There isn't a big enough gold sink to take out money as fast as players are gaining gold.

scy

What's the deal with damage types...are some better than others?

Small differences in functionality/base damage. Wizards have Passives that do things for certain elements as well (Arcane Damage slows enemies, for instance).

Personally, I like Lightning + Paralysis. The stun is pretty common with Shock Pulse > Piercing Orb spam at my ~2.8 Attacks Per Second and Lightning Hydra helps. A stunned enemy at the front of the pack stops everything behind it too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom