• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT3| Turn On Elective Mode, Get an Authenticator

Status
Not open for further replies.

mr2xxx

Banned
Yeah, i think i was just selling my crappy blues and at the time i had the shield unequpped and probably got sold with the rest of the crap. It was a legendary shield, game should be like "are you sure you want to sell this legendary item", oh well.

the RMAH will address this.

all those idiots trying to get 2342342423 gold will instead try to get $250 for their shitty items.

honestly i have noticed a change in item pricing, 400-500dps bows were going for 500k+ not a week ago now you can get a 800dps bow for 100-150k.

Act 1 old ruins runs. They nerfed the chest but with 100+% gold fine and half ass gear you can farm a ridiculous amount of gold and blues/rares. they are literally 30-40 second runs. I played for about 30-40 minutes today and got over 100k.

or if you want to take the slower route farm nightmare/hell mini boss types or act 3 siege hell runs.
That's after the skele king right? In the vid above?

Naito

oAFjX.jpg

What ever could it be?

(Tal Rasha? I actually don't know lol.)

Yes, Tal Rasha' Guardianship.

LordCanti

These dark cellar runs are ridiculous. Each time I go I get at least two gems, usually perfect flawless square. This explains why gems are worthless now.

Probably.

Also, why can I never get drops for what I want :(

I got a really fantastic roll for barbs

Too bad I'm not a barb.

I hope they make the set bonuses not as awful as they currently are.

scy

Wow that is incredibly unimpressive.

It's only real redeeming trait is the Attack Speed on it since Chests can't get it.

I got a really fantastic roll for barbs.

The STR and +Armor makes it almost +400 Armor which is pretty good. With the Resistances, that's a pretty nice defensive piece. Wish I had money left over to make an offer purely to see how I like it compared to my Wizard's current chest (~200 INT/VIT).

Edit: And, yeah, the set bonus is hilariously awful. If I had a better idea of when the item revamp was going in, I'd know better about buying Legendaries/Sets. But, since I've already gone all-in on the rest of the Attack Speed/Movement Speed Legendaries ...

Where is the best pre act III Nightmare exp farm. I was rolling 130+ MF gear and had a set of good gear i peiced together through ah and my MF but i finally hit a wall at the catapult mission with getting killed in my MF gear. I just bought a new weapon for 400 more dps so we will see how this goes.

Monk 46

T.O.P

Banned
Act 1 old ruins runs. They nerfed the chest but with 100+% gold fine and half ass gear you can farm a ridiculous amount of gold and blues/rares. they are literally 30-40 second runs. I played for about 30-40 minutes today and got over 100k.

i'll try this tonight, i just have Diablo left to kill on NM then i'll farm gold 'cause i'm freakin poor right now...also no gear with GF right now, hope i can buy something

LordCanti

It's only real redeeming trait is the Attack Speed on it since Chests can't get it.

The STR and +Armor makes it almost +400 Armor which is pretty good. With the Resistances, that's a pretty nice defensive piece. Wish I had money left over to make an offer purely to see how I like it compared to my Wizard's current chest (~200 INT/VIT).

Edit: And, yeah, the set bonus is hilariously awful. If I had a better idea of when the item revamp was going in, I'd know better about buying Legendaries/Sets. But, since I've already gone all-in on the rest of the Attack Speed/Movement Speed Legendaries ...

They said that they won't retroactively upgrade previously found legendaries, but I'm hoping that doesn't apply to set item bonuses.

Collect all that kit...and get 9% extra damage. Woohoo?

I'm going to hold onto this for the RMAH. It's probably a dumb thing to do since a thousand more of them will be in the wild by that time, but I'd sooner make a couple bucks than try to play "I know this is worth millions, but I don't know how many" with the D3 community at large.

I can say for a fact i don't have any on my gaming PC because the only thing i run on my gaming PC is steam, SC2 and D3.

I have never opened a internet browser, checked my mail or anything so unless someone magically sent me a keylogger through a video game it's impossible.

I know thats extreme but i take no chances and im sure he knows simply by running multiple test like malware,spybot,virus and many other programs.

You could have gotten one from a flash ad in a game, a shady USB thumb drive, etc. There are just so many attack vectors (Windows is a pretty big vector).

There's no way to know for sure.

smr00

Banned
How do you know for certain?
I can say for a fact i don't have any on my gaming PC because the only thing i run on my gaming PC is steam, SC2 and D3.

I have never opened a internet browser, checked my mail or anything so unless someone magically sent me a keylogger through a video game it's impossible.

I know thats extreme but i take no chances and im sure he knows simply by running multiple test like malware,spybot,virus and many other programs.

LiK

Where is the best pre act III Nightmare exp farm. I was rolling 130+ MF gear and had a set of good gear i peiced together through ah and my MF but i finally hit a wall at the catapult mission with getting killed in my MF gear. I just bought a new weapon for 400 more dps so we will see how this goes.

Monk 46

the area where you have to fetch blood for that guy. Lots of rares dropped for me there and my magic find is pathetic.

BluWacky

Wait, the hydra spells are actually useful? I haven't touched them on my level 52 wizard since I got them. They seemed totally useless.

I can't imagine doing the final boss without Hydra, frankly. You have to spend so much time avoiding attacks except when using Diamond Skin (which is almost completely indispensable, it seems) that you need some way of damaging it while you're busy running away from things .

I'm nowhere near as powerful as you (level 30 I think and only just finished normal) but I couldn't have done the final boss without it.

scy

They said that they won't retroactively upgrade previously found legendaries, but I'm hoping that doesn't apply to set item bonuses.

Yeah but if it's far off, I might as well buy the things now and use them for a few weeks, y'know? I already went through and bought the rest of the off-slot Attack Speed and Movement Speed Legendaries so I might as well grab Tal Rasha chest and see how much INT/VIT it's worth giving up for it :x

I'm going to hold onto this for the RMAH. It's probably a dumb thing to do since a thousand more of them will be in the wild by that time, but I'd sooner make a couple bucks than try to play "I know this is worth millions, but I don't know how many" with the D3 community at large.

Without the INT, since it's basically a caster set, I'd imagine it'll be part of the 400k+ range of things and not the millions area. It did roll max IAS, MF%, and Resistances though.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus

Is the Unique quality determined at the time of identification or the time of drop? I'm wondering if people could hold onto unidentified uniques until post-patch. :p

Macmanus

These dark cellar runs are ridiculous. Each time I go I get at least two gems, usually perfect square. This explains why gems are worthless now.

I got a really fantastic roll for barbs

Jesus that is good. How much do you think this would go for? 10-20 mil?

LordCanti

Is the Unique quality determined at the time of identification or the time of drop? I'm wondering if people could hold onto unidentified uniques until post-patch. :p

Time of drop apparently.

Without the INT, since it's basically a caster set, I'd imagine it'll be part of the 400k+ range of things and not the millions area. It did roll max IAS, MF%, and Resistances though.

I think I did roll the max +IAS and MF. I could have rolled an additional resistance to one property I think (poison, arcane, etc) but the all resist I rolled is probably near the top. I'd cry if something this nice is only worth 400k.

Then again, I've been wrong before.

Jesus that is good. How much do you think this would go for? 10-20 mil?

I have no idea. There are similar items for that much in the AH, but there's really no way to tell how much they usually actually sell for. The scale on any given set item is so huge.

Tokubetsu

The more I play the more I like it better than d2. The combat just seems much more "gamey", don't really know how to put it.

D2 felt literally like I was just clicking, here it feels like I'm playing.

They did a great job with the visual feedback. Things actually react when you hit them, no matter what you hit them with.

Ketch

the area where you have to fetch blood for that guy. Lots of rares dropped for me there and my magic find is pathetic.

yea I was gonna say the two dungeon runs in desolate sands where you need to get
the body parts for the evil wizard, and then resurrect him
. Which is like 3 quests and 2 good dungeons.... that's what I would do. OR the oasis because there's a lot of decent little dungeons and some good random events that can happen in the field.

scy

...when using Diamond Skin (which is almost completely indispensable, it seems)...

Personally, Diamond Skin becomes less useful later but I guess I haven't properly geared my Wizard for it. It's a post-mitigation absorb so high Armor/Resistances/Block% builds get better mileage than high VIT Force Armor ones.

joelseph

Not extreme, that is a great answer actually. Just to be super-duper safe I would run a scan pre-boot.

Most of the gold I have now is from flipping bows that people put up incredibly cheap. 800 dps bows I bought for 20k went for 150-200. Now...I can't get rid of the bows I've got left -_-

I'm probably done until the expansion when the RMAH hits.

(I still haven't been to
Whimsyshire
. It's the last bit of content I haven't seen)

I bought an 850 + 64% crit Xbow for like 5k due to the AH's shittiness (it went invisible with a very low starting bid). It will probably cover the losses I'll take on the rest of this crap.

One of the skills gives 50% crit damage to crossbow users. Throw in a crossbow with +crit damage (it goes well over 100% extra), and you do over a hundred thousand damage potentially. It's going to get nerfed, I'm sure of it.

i can take you to normal if you'd like

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
These dark cellar runs are ridiculous. Each time I go I get at least two gems, usually perfect square. This explains why gems are worthless now.

The lack of commodity auction house has been incredibly frustrating for me this past week, but now that I'm in Inferno I've been getting a ton of Flawless Square Gems. I don't think I've gotten any Perfect Squares yet... or is Flawless better than Perfect? I can't remember.

LordCanti

i can take you to normal if you'd like

Let's do this:

BulletSmurf#1155

The lack of commodity auction house has been incredibly frustrating for me this past week, but now that I'm in Inferno I've been getting a ton of Flawless Square Gems. I don't think I've gotten any Perfect Squares yet... or is Flawless better than Perfect? I can't remember.

My mistake, I think I meant flawless. The one after regular square.

scy

I think I rolled the max +IAS and MF. I could have rolled an additional resistance to one property I think (poison, arcane, etc) but the all resist I rolled is probably near the top. I'd cry if something this nice is only worth 400k.

Then again, I've been wrong before.

It's 15-16% MF, 12-13% IAS, 51-60 All Resist. You even got the better of the two +Armor properties.

And it's probably higher than 400k+ if there's some Barbs who think it's amazing, actually, so nevermind that earlier number drop. Was just remembering all the low-end 400k-800k ones were STR or +Resist ones. The VIT alone on it makes it stand out to the lower 1M range, I guess?

I had a bid for ~800k on a 100 INT/VIT one that I lost so I don't know where that price ended at to compare for you.

DSmalls84

i'll try this tonight, i just have Diablo left to kill on NM then i'll farm gold 'cause i'm freakin poor right now...also no gear with GF right now, hope i can buy something

So in the old ruins is there a basement or something with a chest in it? Don't think I have ever noticed this ?

Is it possible to play on my USA servers dude with my brother on EU servers? I thought it was but maybe not? Dont really fancy redoing the whole game again when my monk is nearly at inferno..

scy

So in the old ruins is there a basement or something with a chest in it? Don't think I have ever noticed this ?

South of the Waypoint in the Ruins is the Dark Cellar which can sometimes spawn a regular chest and a Treasure Goblin. Nice for MF%. If you go out of the ruins to the west, you might find another cellar (Dank?) with the named Quillspine that is basically a Resplendent Chest.

I love the Auction House.

I basically just rent gear now. I buy what I need for a few levels and sell it back. Almost always can sell it back at the same price, too.

Hah, that is exactly what I do. I've actually managed to sell everything back for a profit, usually because I buy socketed items and add good stat gems purchased cheap from the AH.

scy

No, only 3% extra damage. 3% for each element...they don't add up to make 9%.

Has anyone actually tried to see if it adds 3% Damage as Fire/Lightning/Ice or just increases Fire/Lightning/Ice damage by 3%?

I assume it's the latter because it just fits the whole "lol sets" thing. On the other hand, the former isn't as awful.

...still not good but not as bad!

Dunlop

Hah, that is exactly what I do. I've actually managed to sell everything back for a profit, usually because I buy socketed items and add good stat gems purchased cheap from the AH.

that's what I am starting to do, any reason the gear isn't BOE in Diablo? Seems kind of silly

scy

that's what I am starting to do, any reason the gear isn't BOE in Diablo? Seems kind of silly

Maybe they imagined more people salvaging things.

Or ... or something. It really makes no sense to have an AH and not have some form of item loss.

smr00

Banned
Not the best gear but if some undergeared duders who don't have gold need one of these you can have it

793 DPS staff
95-271 fire DMG
+31% DMG
Crit hit 42%
1- Socket

455.4 DPS bow
+86-192 fire dmg
+25% dmg
+95 dex
2.7 crit

i have tons of dex/int gear but don't want to sift through 3 mules right now, just 2 weapons i have that ima throw on the AH if no one can use them and please only take if you need it.

EDIT- US server Brandon#1690

DSmalls84

South of the Waypoint in the Ruins is the Dark Cellar which can sometimes spawn a regular chest and a Treasure Goblin. Nice for MF%. If you go out of the ruins to the west, you might find another cellar (Dank?) with the named Quillspine that is basically a Resplendent Chest.

Good to know! Running the four floors in the Heart of Sin quest would net me about 20k gold + whatever items I could sell. Not really consistent though and took a lot longer than this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom