• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT3| Turn On Elective Mode, Get an Authenticator

Status
Not open for further replies.

sleepykyo

What kind of stats did DHs have when they beat the Act2 hell boss? It took about 4-5 different skill loadouts just to get to the last part and then get one shotted.

The economy gap is only going to get wider as the game ages. Everything that isn't the best of the best will be totally worthless as everyone becomes lvl 60 and everything at the top will go for insane amounts of money. It seems everything under lvl 45 is already worthless as the bigger population is lvling past that right now. Gold items in the 40s last week were like maybe 10k and now I can't find anything decent for below 90k at least.

Wonder if/how Blizzard will address this. There isn't a big enough gold sink to take out money as fast as players are gaining gold.
How do I make money if I can't farm inferno and too poor to buy and resell?

I might be on the verge of quiting because playing the auction house has never been appealing to me, even tho I made bank in WoW. The Black Market auction house gives me no temptation to play the auction house again and I didn't know D3 would revolve around it.

smr00

Banned
The economy gap is only going to get wider as the game ages. Everything that isn't the best of the best will be totally worthless as everyone becomes lvl 60 and everything at the top will go for insane amounts of money. It seems everything under lvl 45 is already worthless as the bigger population is lvling past that right now. Gold items in the 40s last week were like maybe 10k and now I can't find anything decent for below 90k at least.

Wonder if/how Blizzard will address this. There isn't a big enough gold sink to take out money as fast as players are gaining gold.
the RMAH will address this.

all those idiots trying to get 2342342423 gold will instead try to get $250 for their shitty items.

honestly i have noticed a change in item pricing, 400-500dps bows were going for 500k+ not a week ago now you can get a 800dps bow for 100-150k.

How do I make money if I can't farm inferno and too poor to buy and resell?

I might be on the verge of quoting because playing the auction house has never been appealing to me, even tho I made bank in WoW. The Black Market auction house gives me no temptation to play it again.
Act 1 old ruins runs. They nerfed the chest but with 100+% gold fine and half ass gear you can farm a ridiculous amount of gold and blues/rares. they are literally 30-40 second runs. I played for about 30-40 minutes today and got over 100k.

or if you want to take the slower route farm nightmare/hell mini boss types or act 3 siege hell runs.

What is the usefulness of crit for monks? Crit chance plus crit damage always looks so good, but point for point I pretty much weigh everything over it. I assume if you are going crit it is either all or nothing.

If you have any extra crit chance at all Sweeping Wind powers to its full number of stacks in no time flat. It's a nice quality of life thing that you can easily have a little bit of before you get the gear check apocalypse in later Inferno acts.

Well yeah. A 900 DPS bow (blue) with no stats or decent modifiers is going to sell for crap because at the level where people use that gear you want something more than just dps.

When you get something with Life on Hit, +Crit Damage, huge stats and whatever else you can command 200k-300k-400k for an item. I still think many weapons are highly OVERpriced. I bought a 952 DPS, 92% +crit damage, 80dex, 80int x-bow for 400k the other night... I bought it because it was far less than the others at that criteria and was just put up (2d left time). To me, that's overpriced but fit my build really well so I bit :\

That too.

Yesterday i wanted to buy new bow for <200k i had a choice of 950dps blue bows/xbows but i went with 700 dps rare.

Why? Because it had socket and >100 vitality and dex.

LordCanti

When the RMAH goes live, gold is going to be worthless. Who is going to sell something for gold (and then take the additional 15% hit to cash out via paypal) when they could just sell the item for money?

all those idiots trying to get 2342342423 gold will instead try to get $250 for their shitty items.

honestly i have noticed a change in item pricing, 400-500dps bows were going for 500k+ not a week ago now you can get a 800dps bow for 100-150k.

Act 1 old ruins runs. They nerfed the chest but with 100+% gold fine and half ass gear you can farm a ridiculous amount of gold and blues/rares. they are literally 30-40 second runs. I played for about 30-40 minutes today and got over 100k.

You can get 800 DPS bows for 20k now. I should know; I just listed some. =/

What do you mean by old ruins runs BTW? Cathedral?

DSmalls84

I don't know...even just doing 2 hours of Act 1 Inferno last night I had no problem making about 300-400K off of random rares.

Mind posting your build? You are a WD also right? I can handle the normal trash mobs in Inferno, but get wiped by a lot of champions and the Butcher. I currently have about 15.5 k damage, 30k health, and my resist are between 160-220 for all.

Inferno
Whimsyshire
(are we still spoiling that) is definitely the best place to farm. Get 5 stacks in the crypts beforehand and then bathe in gold and loot (sometimes very good loot!)

TommyT

Inferno
Whimsyshire
(are we still spoiling that) is definitely the best place to farm. Get 5 stacks in the crypts beforehand and then bathe in gold and loot (sometimes very good loot!)

This is what I keep hearing. Are there any recommended stats for going into there?

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
I'm seriously this close to uninstalling this bloody game, if I can't play on a random wednesday afternoon for hours on end then I fucking give up...

scy

Well yeah. A 900 DPS bow (blue) with no stats or decent modifiers is going to sell for crap because at the level where people use that gear you want something more than just dps.

Now that more people can farm them, 900 DPS isn't that much but that damage range still commands a decent premium. That said, 900 DPS on a 2H Bow isn't that big of a deal I suppose. Was stuck thinking of the ~900 DPS 1Hers I was sorting through last night at the 500k-1M mark.

That too.

Yesterday i wanted to buy new bow for <200k i had a choice of 950dps blue bows/xbows but i went with 700 dps rare.

Why? Because it had socket and >100 vitality and dex.

The problem is that 700 DPS with +100 DEX vs 950 DPS isn't even close of a comparison, really. Assuming you have a reasonable DEX (1000), that 100 DEX is less than +10% Damage. The VIT is nice, though. I've come to the point of just accepting that I'll take a Blue Weapon with ridiculous damage since it's really easy to get good stats elsewhere.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus

or if you want to take the slower route farm nightmare/hell mini boss types or act 3 siege hell runs.

Could you elaborate on this? I'm trying to find a good gold farming spot myself.

LordCanti

Inferno
Whimsyshire

I don't know anyone that can open it for me unfortunately. It's not surprising, considering the price.

If anyone in NA has the staff, I'd blow you appreciate it.

TommyT

Now that more people can farm them, 900 DPS isn't that much but that damage range still commands a decent premium. That said, 900 DPS on a 2H Bow isn't that big of a deal I suppose. Was stuck thinking of the ~900 DPS 1Hers I was sorting through last night at the 500k-1M mark.

Oh yeah. A 1-Hand with that much DPS would be worth quite a lot since you can use a shield with it and just roll in the stats :lol

smr00

Banned
When the RMAH goes live, gold is going to be worthless. Who is going to sell something for gold (and then take the additional 15% hit to cash out via paypal) when they could just sell the item for money?

You can get 800 DPS bows for 20k now. I should know; I just listed some. =/

What do you mean by old ruins runs BTW? Cathedral?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L1NUJsFuzgU

See, that's what I've been doing. But he mentioned a chest, so I thought that it might be something else.
Yeah they nerfed the chest sadly.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Wow, act 2 boss on inferno is ridiculous. How am I supposed to survive with a sorc...
it's ridiculously fucking hard. Blizzard, Hydra, Diamond Skin + lots of luck and RNG involved. The first phase with the snakes + boss is the worst.

The problem is that 700 DPS with +100 DEX vs 950 DPS isn't even close of a comparison, really. Assuming you have a reasonable DEX (1000), that 100 DEX is less than +10% Damage. The VIT is nice, though. I've come to the point of just accepting that I'll take a Blue Weapon with ridiculous damage since it's really easy to get good stats elsewhere.

I know pure damage would give more killing power but +45% crit damage gem inserted into it negates a lot.

Anyway i'm making 25k dmg nether tentacles crits in act 2 of hell so that 3500 life more from vit was much better.

scy

Oh yeah. A 1-Hand with that much DPS would be worth quite a lot since you can use a shield with it and just roll in the stats :lol

Pretty much. Though, my Wizard is aiming for a Shield for some more Attack Speed so it's not really awesome for stats :/ Still, I have like 6 slots to aim for 150+ INT/VIT once I have all my Attack Speed bases covered.

Wish I could find a good Tal Rasha Chest that wasn't ridiculously expensive. Got outbid on the one I had lined up and my current chest's ~200 INT/VIT is hard to give up even if it is for Attack Speed :/

Otheradam

You can get 800dps bows for cheaper than last week because as people are hitting 60 and finding more and more of this stuff, the market is getting flooded. Meanwhile 1k dps bows will probably go up in price. Again, everything but the best of the best will devalue. Stuff is dropping fast- like every hour.

smr00

Banned
You can get 800dps bows for cheaper than last week because as people are hitting 60 and finding more and more of this stuff, the market is getting flooded. Meanwhile 1k dps bows will probably go up in price. Again, everything but the best of the best will devalue. Stuff is dropping fast- like every hour.
last week when i was looking mother fuckers were wanting like 500k.

guess i was untimely when looking, shit goes FAST.

SleazyC

Most DH's are also going for a cookie cutter 2h Xbow build to get further in Inferno. Don't see too many people using bows at the higher levels so that affects the prices too.

LordCanti

Most of the gold I have now is from flipping bows that people put up incredibly cheap. 800 dps bows I bought for 20k went for 150-200. Now...I can't get rid of the bows I've got left -_-

I'm probably done until the expansion when the RMAH hits.

(I still haven't been to
Whimsyshire
. It's the last bit of content I haven't seen)

Most DH's are also going for a cookie cutter 2h Xbow build to get further in Inferno. Don't see too many people using bows at the higher levels so that affects the prices too.

I bought an 850 + 64% crit Xbow for like 5k due to the AH's shittiness (it went invisible with a very low starting bid). It will probably cover the losses I'll take on the rest of this crap.

Since I haven't done the research, why would a DH ops for a 2H crossbow over a 2H regular bow?

One of the skills gives 50% crit damage to crossbow users. Throw in a crossbow with +crit damage (it goes well over 100% extra), and you do over a hundred thousand damage potentially. It's going to get nerfed, I'm sure of it.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus

Since I haven't done the research, why would a DH opt for a 2H crossbow over a 2H regular bow?

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
EU servers are so fucking slow.

I love the Auction House.

I basically just rent gear now. I buy what I need for a few levels and sell it back. Almost always can sell it back at the same price, too.

SUPARSTARX

That's it? No inferno clears? Hehe.

I'm riding the game out a bit more until a new wave of fighting games.

I need to clear through the entire game at least with barb in inferno. Then do hardcore char up to sixty. A few achievements and pretty much the end is auction house play.

Trickster

it's ridiculously fucking hard. Blizzard, Hydra, Diamond Skin + lots of luck and RNG involved. The first phase with the snakes + boss is the worst.

The snakes are some of the cheapest enemies in any game ever on inferno imo. Invisible + can't be damaged or snared until they feel like appearing again, in most cases to almost one shot you as a ranged character.

Yoshichan

The snakes are some of the cheapest enemies in any game ever on inferno imo. Invisible + can't be damaged or snared until they feel like appearing again, in most cases to almost one shot you as a ranged character.
Thankfully they don't go invisible during the boss fight!!!

zlatko

Banned

I need to clear through the entire game at least with barb in inferno. Then do hardcore char up to sixty. A few achievements and pretty much the end is auction house play.

Yup come P4 fighter I'll probably drop off my play time significantly. Then it's TTT2 time. After that Halo 4.

Anustart

The more I play the more I like it better than d2. The combat just seems much more "gamey", don't really know how to put it.

D2 felt literally like I was just clicking, here it feels like I'm playing.

scy

I think I have some RPGs releasing over the Summer but, as long as I have friends playing, I'll probably keep playing.

Though I do hope there's some big changes in future patches for the longevity of the game. Maybe I'll just farm items for the RMAH!

... :/

LordCanti

This game reads minds. I was about to quit for the day and go outside, when lo' and behold (with no stacks of NV) I kicked over a barrel and...

oAFjX.jpg

What ever could it be?

(Tal Rasha? I actually don't know lol.)

scy

This game reads minds. I was about to quit for the day and go outside, when lo' and behold (with no stacks of NV) I kicked over a barrel and...

What ever could it be?

(Tal Rasha? I actually don't know lol.)

Probably.

Also, why can I never get drops for what I want :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom