• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT3| Turn On Elective Mode, Get an Authenticator

Status
Not open for further replies.

scy

Are you saying you'd rather just be able to dodge an attack with your own hand-eye coordination? Pshhh.

Honestly? No, I wouldn't. But I guess I'm just used to start-of-swing hitboxes after all these years. It's like my gaming Stockholm syndrome or something.

TommyT

Are you saying you'd rather just be able to dodge an attack with your own hand-eye coordination? Pshhh.

Didn't they say that was by design? Pretty sure there was a blue post about it - saying that if you were in range during the certain (normal, non build/wind-up) attacks they didn't want you to be able to run out of range of the attack.

scy

How do they not add up to make 9%?

If it adds 3% of one, 3% of another, and 3% of a third...that's 9%. O_O

Or did you think I meant 9% of each? (I'm confused)

+3% Damage dealt as Fire, Lightning, and Ice ~= +9% Damage Dealt
+3% Fire, Lightning, and Fire Damage ~= +3% Damage when using that element.

Pretty sure it's the latter and not the former but I've never tested it myself (since I don't have two or more pieces of the set).

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Didn't they say that was by design? Pretty sure there was a blue post about it - saying that if you were in range during the certain (normal, non build/wind-up) attacks they didn't want you to be able to run out of range of the attack.
The game having shitty design wasn't the worst thing. Them saying it was intentional all along was worse by far.

LordCanti

Pretty sure it's the latter and not the former but I've never tested it myself (since I don't have two or more pieces of the set).

Oh, so it won't add that damage to an attack that isn't already using that element?

That's...that makes the set bonus even shittier.

The game having shitty design wasn't the worst thing. Them saying it was intentional all along was worse by far.

Pretty much. I've learned to accept that dodging isn't a thing I can do most of the time.

No, I'm pretty sure it's the former. It adds +3% damage from each element to your stats. Not +3% while using the respective element.

Well now I just don't know who to believe.

No, I'm pretty sure it's the former. It adds +3% damage from each element to your stats. Not +3% while using the respective element.

Any Gaffer with those crazy amounts of dps want to help me grind for gears in the inferno pony level? I can open it up but I wont be able to be much use since my good gear was lost in the rollback.

Battle tag: Tonkatsu#1360

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
And please Blizzard, when my archon runs out, don't let it cancel my TP. Fucking Jesus Christ.

LordCanti

Any Gaffer with those crazy amounts of dps want to help me grind for gears in the inferno pony level? I can open it up but I wont be able to be much use since my good gear was lost in the rollback.

Battle tag: Tonkatsu#1360

I'm willing to attempt it.

BulletSmurf#1155

(Not that 40k DPS is too crazy or anything)

And please Blizzard, when my archon runs out, don't let it cancel my TP. Fucking Jesus Christ.

Same story with smokescreen I think.

scy

Oh, so it won't add that damage to an attack that isn't already using that element?

That's...that makes the set bonus even shittier.

I thought that's how it was originally but someone corrected me on it at some point. Never actually seen testing with it.

If I have the gold to spare, I'll just try to find three cheap pieces to test it myself later.

smr00

Banned
I wish the gem AH was up because i have about 90000 gems.

And jewelcrafting is too ridiculously expensive to make them better. (flawless squares etc)

Mind posting your build? You are a WD also right? I can handle the normal trash mobs in Inferno, but get wiped by a lot of champions and the Butcher. I currently have about 15.5 k damage, 30k health, and my resist are between 160-220 for all.
This is the build I use for soloing Act I Inferno: http://goo.gl/geV9M

When I roll with a group, I tend to swap out Spirit Vessel for Spiritual Attunement, but it's all dependent upon my mood for the day.

Here are my stats, for reference:

D3pno

My HP is 39,563 and mana is 851. My damage beasts up to 21812.95, with 5 stacks of Soul Harvest. Act I mobs fear my Zombie Bears. Act II mobs laugh in my face, though. :-(

scy

I sold my first (and only) Legendary for 25k buyout on the AH. Some low level monk item. It was gone after literally 1 second over the 5 min cancel timer.

Bizarrely, my String of Ears belt sold nearly instantly at 400k when it was only so-so on the stats and it rolled -Level Req. for it's random.

I mean, whatever, I'll take it but still.

Yoshichan

Think I'm going to liquidate my stash tonight. Far too much stuff and waiting for auctions to end is killing me.
I seem to do this twice ever day... fml.

Yoshichan

And what's up with the glitch that makes you spawn three venom hydras at once :lol Anyone else noticed? It's happened to me like 5 times now.

Ferrio

Banned
Farmed ACT IV a all yesterday. I can take down *some* elites, usually can get no more than two neph stacks before I run into a pack that I can't kill. That or my respawn timer gets high enough that I restart the act. Only made a million, mostly off that legendary that dropped. Now AH prices are tanking, getting a new bow going to be really hard.

scy

I seem to do this twice ever day... fml.

"Sweet, DEX/VIT/All Resists, that'll sell for ... 10k gets me better than this? Goddamnit."

I did craft some sweet, sweet Crit Chance and 17% Attack Speed Gloves that sold for over a million. I may need to craft some more slots I need to replace. Maybe I'll get more awesome things to AH.

Speaking of, are the recipe drops random? I could've sworn I saw someone link a plan I already have (Exalted Pallum) but that one said +5 Random vs my +4. :(

jkoch

How long does it take to do the limited rollback after my account got hacked? I haven't heard anything from Blizz since Monday evening.

smr00

Banned
I finally decided to just vendor all my sub-Perfect Gems. I may just vendor all my sub-Flawless Squares. This shit is ridiculous :/
right? i literally had to create a mule to just unload this fucking shit.

the hoarder inside of me is like KEEP THEM ALL!

I have so many dex/vit and int/vit items i need to either give away or vender because i have 3 mules and 2 tabs full of shit and the 10 limit pretty much made me overfill my account with shit but i have been better about just keeping stuff that will sell for 50k+ now. But my god i have too much shit.

Yoshichan

Speaking of, are the recipe drops random? I could've sworn I saw someone link a plan I already have (Exalted Pallum) but that one said +5 Random vs my +4. :(
Waaaaaaaat?! Can someone confirm please ._.?

Any Eu folks kind enough to donate some gems and low level witch doctor gear? Rather pissed I have 40hours of playtime on a server thats not any good for me ;(

Ging to try tearing through the game again. ugh.
Tag in Johnlenham#2341

scy

Why not hock some of those wares to fellow GAFfers? Such as yours truly? :D But only for gearing up purposes, of course. I just find the AH prices to be so ridiculous.

I basically dropped all my old DH gear off like that :x I thought I had WD stuff but the two ~600 DPS Weapons I thought I had were 400 :/ Not sure why I wasted room in my stash on that shit.

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
Gaf, I think I got my first drop that might give me more than 50k on AH halle-fucking-lulja, I need help setting the price.

Similar gloves go for 1million and up but I've always believed the AH was run by crackheads so there's that...

diabloiii2012-05-3018m3714.png

The Urgent w/e gloves...

Yoshichan

Any Eu folks kind enough to donate some gems and low level witch doctor gear? Rather pissed I have 40hours of playtime on a server thats not any good for me ;(

Ging to try tearing through the game again. ugh.
Tag in Johnlenham#2341
What was wrong with NA servers :eek:?

DSmalls84

This is the build I use for soloing Act I Inferno: http://goo.gl/geV9M

When I roll with a group, I tend to swap out Spirit Vessel for Spiritual Attunement, but it's all dependent upon my mood for the day.

Here are my stats, for reference:

D3pno

My HP is 39,563 and mana is 851. My damage beasts up to 21812.95, with 5 stacks of Soul Harvest. Act I mobs fear my Zombie Bears. Act II mobs laugh in my face, though. :-(

Your build looks pretty similar to mine. I use Splintered Darts and Horrify, where you are using Garg and Fetish Army. I also use Jungle Fortitude instead of Blood Ritual. Do Garg and Fetish Army serve a purpose besides making Vision Quest easier to keep in play? Garg seems to die quickly for me, and the Fetish Army has a pretty clong CD time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom