• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT3| Turn On Elective Mode, Get an Authenticator

Status
Not open for further replies.

Narag

"Sweet, DEX/VIT/All Resists, that'll sell for ... 10k gets me better than this? Goddamnit."

I did craft some sweet, sweet Crit Chance and 17% Attack Speed Gloves that sold for over a million. I may need to craft some more slots I need to replace. Maybe I'll get more awesome things to AH.

Speaking of, are the recipe drops random? I could've sworn I saw someone link a plan I already have (Exalted Pallum) but that one said +5 Random vs my +4. :(

The' items are tiered via recipe iirc. +4/+5/+6 depending on the version of the recipe.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Gaf, I think I got my first drop that might give me more than 50k on AH halle-fucking-lulja, I need help setting the price.

Similar gloves go for 1million and up but I've always believed the AH was run by crackheads so there's that...

diabloiii2012-05-3018m3714.png

The Urgent w/e gloves...
Forget about the INT (a wizard's not going to buy that) so it's a Monk/DH item, I take it? 144 DEX + FCR15%, tried searching only for that in AH?

scy

Waaaaaaaat?! Can someone confirm please ._.?

I really wish I had paid better attention. I just saw someone link it when I was in General Chat, didn't think much of it since I knew I had already gotten that particular one as a drop earlier. I was Salvaging crap and checking the new plan I had gotten (Chest? I think?) and decided to look at what other Exalted plans I had and noticed they were all +4.

scy

The' items are tiered via recipe iirc. +4/+5/+6 depending on the version of the recipe.

Would make sense. I think all my plans have dropped from Act 1 Inferno. That's ... kind of annoying then. Need to get my Wizard or DH to farming Act 3 or 4 faster :/

Forget about the INT (a wizard's not going to buy that) so it's a Monk/DH item, I take it? 144 DEX + FCR15%, tried searching only for that in AH?

Attack Speed is useful though :x But, yeah, I nabbed 100 INT/VIT 15% IAS for like 200k this morning.

smr00

Banned
Why not hock some of those wares to fellow GAFfers? Such as yours truly? :D But only for gearing up purposes, of course. I just find the AH prices to be so ridiculous.
If you are on the NA server i have tons of shit you can have.

Granted most of the gear i have is geared toward DH/Wizard which i guess is the same for Monk/WD?

Also tons of gems.. please god someone take some of my gems.

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.

Yeah searched for 140+ dex and 15%+ attack speed and the lowest one was 900k and the highest was around 20 million...

Like I said, crackheads, but the last 100 items I've sold have had an avg price of 5k :S so... I don't know how to set a price.

Narag

Why not hock some of those wares to fellow GAFfers? Such as yours truly? :D But only for gearing up purposes, of course. I just find the AH prices to be so ridiculous.

I miss the permanence of a game like D2. Used to be nice to have a private game a community could pass through to drop off useful stuff.

aeroslash

I've been having a problem with the launcher lately.

Many times, when i push the start button, the game doesn't start. It changes the color (the button) and everything but it keeps ignoring me. Anyone with the same problem?

I'm liking the game, but i find disgraceful to be disconnected while you are playing because the servers are busy...¬¬

zou

So awesome, 2nd day I didn't get to play D3. Pathetic that the first few days were almost better than this week.......

The always-on DRM is pissing me off more and more. I don't have much time to play as it is, and now I can't even play all of that time.

idlewild_

Speaking of, are the recipe drops random? I could've sworn I saw someone link a plan I already have (Exalted Pallum) but that one said +5 Random vs my +4. :(

There are 3 versions of each of the crafted ones, +4/+5/+6, their names are slightly different.

e.g. Exalted Pallium - +4, Exalted Fine Pallium - +5, Exalted Grand Pallium - +6

Ferrio

Banned
Yeah searched for 140+ dex and 15%+ attack speed and the lowest one was 900k and the highest was around 20 million...

Like I said, crackheads, but the last 100 items I've sold have had an avg price of 5k :S so... I don't know how to set a price.

Search for 13% attack speed and all that. See how much of a jump it is.

scy

Best class in the game if done right.*

I watch Kungen's stream when I'm farming. I popped it on last night and was watching him plow through shit in Act 3 that almost made me reroll Barb right there. Then I noticed it was ez mode Hell :x

SolidPain

Neo Member
Gaf, I think I got my first drop that might give me more than 50k on AH halle-fucking-lulja, I need help setting the price.

Similar gloves go for 1million and up but I've always believed the AH was run by crackheads so there's that...

The Urgent w/e gloves...

Man, the AH is a hit or a miss. I sold a rare item that is half good as this one for 100000. Sometimes I offer good items with really cheap prices and no one buys them.

aznpxdd

Hoooooooly shit, just beat Hell. I clutched that shit reviving all 3 of my partners in the shadow world. My Monk's a survivor at 40k health, 300 all resist and 60% dodge, woot! Now onto Inferno...

Do I need to re-get the items i've already gotten in normal, like the mushroom and shinbone? Or will they work cross-difficulty?

What Scy said.

The upgrade vendor is in act 3 next to the companions.

Nightmare = 200k
Hell = 500k
Inferno = 1mil

Mine's still at normal difficulty because I'm poor :/

Your build looks pretty similar to mine. I use Splintered Darts and Horrify, where you are using Garg and Fetish Army. I also use Jungle Fortitude instead of Blood Ritual. Do Garg and Fetish Army serve a purpose besides making Vision Quest easier to keep in play? Garg seems to die quickly for me, and the Fetish Army has a pretty clong CD time.

Gargantuan and Fetish Army, yeah, help Vision Quest stay active. I agree that FA's CD is too long. I've tried to nullify this a bit with the 90 second cool down. My Spirit Walk and Shaman are constantly recast, once their CDs are up. The nice thing about Fetish Army, though, is that these pets have no HP and serve as great distraction for mobs.

To combat the Gargantuan's short lifespan I've runed his enrage. If he is going to die, at least he doesn't go down without a fight. :D

If you're using Splintered Darts, I would look into Grasp of the Dead with the rune for 80% slow. That might be a better option that Horrify, in that the mobs remain kited and don't scatter when feared.

Personally, I love the insane amounts of burst damage the Zombie Bears give me. All in all, I picked this build so I could rock the Butcher as quickly as possible, but found it to be perfectly viable both solo and in groups.

Spent a lot of time farming and buying.. This is my monk currently. I'm hoping they fix the class some time..

UdkLV.jpg

Any suggestions? I don't think I can really start act 2 yet, but It's getting there. I did beat all bosses on act 2 and most on act 3, but that was in a group.

KKRT00

Spent a lot of time farming and buying.. This is my monk currently. I'm hoping they fix the class some time..

http://i.imgur.com/UdkLV.jpg[img]

Any suggestions? I don't think I can really start act 2 yet, but It's getting there. I did beat all bosses on act 2 and most on act 3, but that was in a group.[/QUOTE]

More life per hit and attack speed and what skill are You using?
I think that crippling wave with damage reduction rune, aura of healing with res bonus and passive that gives 25% damage reductions are essential for act 2.

[quote="red731, post: 38336591"]Hello, e37...[/QUOTE]

Yep ;\ I've come from work, wanted to play and there's error ... Thanks Blizzard!

scy

Is "Return XX Damage to Melee Attackers on Hit" ever useful. (They are Thorns, not Barbs, whops.)

At best, I think you can gear up enough Thorns to have Normal enemies one-shot themselves when attacking your Level 60.

So probably not ever worth it unless you can stack it to ridiculous amounts and still keep like 70% Armor Mitigation and Resist Mitigation. And even then, what the hell?

Wow, act 2 boss on inferno is ridiculous. How am I supposed to survive with a sorc...

Hydra, Blizzard, Force Armor, TP with images and the teleport refresh on being hit for more than 15%, aoe everything whenever an enemy is within melee range spam teleport and you'll get away faily easily. Having over 20k dps I think is also suggested. You might die a few times but you should be able to win within 10 deaths.

froliq

UdkLV.jpg

Any suggestions? I don't think I can really start act 2 yet, but It's getting there. I did beat all bosses on act 2 and most on act 3, but that was in a group.

That's great gear. I completed act 2 some days ago with worse gear. Granted that I'm not able to farm it really effective now and have to skip about 30-40% of the elite packs.

Numbers GAF: Am I wrong in thinking that Witch Doctor off-hands that give +% dmg to Corpse Spiders is really, really awesome? Most +% skill-specific bonuses give single digit returns (i.e. +6% damage to Spirit Barrage), but Corpse Spiders have such a low percent damage to begin with that 6% is practically doubling their damage output (I'm at work, so my numbers are probably off). Spirit Barrage has a high percentage, 180-190%(?), so an added 6% doesn't seem like a whole lot in that regard.

It also seems you can't filter for +Corpse Spider in the AH either.

Morokh

Log on EU servers after a thousand of tries, ... friend list is gone, and no achievements ....

Superioriy of always online play indeed !

Haint

diabloiii2012-05-3018m3714.png

The Urgent w/e gloves...

Vendor version with 105 dex and 15 as sells for like 20-50k, so I'd doubt a million unless someone really dumb (or stupid rich) is chasing a 2% improvement at 5000% markup. Some people dumb tho so you never know.

theta11

Time of drop apparently.

I think I did roll the max +IAS and MF. I could have rolled an additional resistance to one property I think (poison, arcane, etc) but the all resist I rolled is probably near the top. I'd cry if something this nice is only worth 400k.

Then again, I've been wrong before.

I have no idea. There are similar items for that much in the AH, but there's really no way to tell how much they usually actually sell for. The scale on any given set item is so huge.

It's a really decent chest piece for Barbarians. The best roll being 3 slots as one of the magical properties.

Iadien

Guarantee I'm going to screw up this post? Yeah.
I find it sad that I'm working through Hell difficulty and I still have several pieces from normal that have not been replaced. lol

TheExodu5

Banned
This is the build I use for soloing Act I Inferno: http://goo.gl/geV9M

When I roll with a group, I tend to swap out Spirit Vessel for Spiritual Attunement, but it's all dependent upon my mood for the day.

Here are my stats, for reference:

D3pno

My HP is 39,563 and mana is 851. My damage beasts up to 21812.95, with 5 stacks of Soul Harvest. Act I mobs fear my Zombie Bears. Act II mobs laugh in my face, though. :-(

I'm running a pretty different build from most. Here's an outdated skill shot:

hell_wd_build.png

Slight differences now: using Spirit Vessel instead of Spiritual Attunement, and using the last Locust rune for added damage. I prefer Blood Ritual over Spiritual attunement since mana costs are high with this build, and the added health regen is nice to have. Blood Ritual also scales better as my attack speed increases.

My weapons ends up working out pretty well for this, though it would be much nicer if it had IAS:

slicedeluge.png

Basically, Locust Swarm deals a lot of damage for very little upkeep, Haunt also does, and slows enemies making them easier to kite, and as long as I have mana regen gear (helm + offhand + weapon), I can cast Spirit Barrage nonstop and my mana will actually go up.

Worked great in Hell. Working okay so far in Inferno. Regular mobs and a lot of elite packs can be kited fine, though mortar/waller/fast can pose problems.

There are a few things that will make this build a lot better: attack speed and movement speed. If I can get high attack speed and movement speed, I will have much better kiting ability. I think this will be more important than raw damage in the end.

I like this build a lot more than Zombie Bears so far. It doesn't do as much damage, but it's not as spikey or reliant on cooldowns, and provides better survivability overall, IMO.

red731

Yep ;\ I've come from work, wanted to play and there's error ... Thanks Blizzard!

Me too. I was glad that we are having maintenances in the morning, but when I come back home, I want to hackslashy my way for loot...

I now understand members from across the pond...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom