• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT3| Turn On Elective Mode, Get an Authenticator

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheExodu5

Banned
Anyone take a guess at what these are worth?

ggboots.png

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Got my DH to 60.
Act 1 is so goddam easy. I mean I knew it was easy, but I didn't even feel like it was Inferno until the butcher one hit me for 35k.
What is a good spirit dump? I am using Cyclone Strike with +dodge now. I want to try one more but not sure what else is effective. A2 Hell lvl 56.
Your mantra, lashing tail kick with stun (no knockback), or cyclone with fear imo

Atomski

I've been going with the following set-up:

Shock Pulse (piercing orb)
Blizzard (rune that increases damage)
Hydra (venom)
Energy Armor (the nerfed rune)
Magic Weapon (force weapon)
Diamond Skin (the rune that increases the amount it absorbs)

And it's been working kind of good for me. As long as I've got enough room to kite.

Thanks Yoshichan

Shouta

What is a good spirit dump? I am using Cyclone Strike with +dodge now. I want to try one more but not sure what else is effective. A2 Hell lvl 56.

I dump into my mantra most of the time for the additional bonus then occasionally tossing it into an attack skill.

Lashing Tail is good too at your level but into Inferno, you'll definitely want knockback for the breathing room.

Vodh

So, are there any podcasts DiabloGAF would recommend for the D3 treadmill? I've never actually listened to any before, now it feels like I've been living under a rock and I have no idea where to look for something to fill my ears with quality talk while slowly grinding my way to better gear...

Not particularly picky about the topic, but let's say anything good VG-related, music-related, books or just interesting sociology-kind of stuff. Let's stay away from politics and the likes. Bonus points for UK point of view if it's real world related.

there are torrents around of classic 1up Yours and Brodeo casts.. probably my fondest podcast memories. if you have any interest in comedy/entertainers, Marc Maron's WTF podcast is really great.

Ferrio

Banned
The amount of bullshit monster design is fucking insane.

Let us zoom out a little bit.. monsters shouldn't have more range than what we can see.

Also I *hate* fighting with shit on the bottom.. you get so much more view up top.

Narag

So many soul lashers protecting the arreat crater. Maybe I'll let the demons win after all.

The amount of bullshit monster design is fucking insane.

Let us zoom out a little bit.. monsters shouldn't have more range than what we can see.

Also I *hate* fighting with shit on the bottom.. you get so much more view up top.

Yeah, I'd really like a further zoom.

there are so many ten hour youtubes that have no reason to exist. i show them to my mom when i want to make her feel old.

anyway i need to get better at pressing keys in a pinch.. that's the only way i'm ever going to beat diablo.

jfkgoblue

Is it even possible to solo Hell difficulty on my lvl 53 Demon Hunter?

The Rares and Elites can get to be ridiculous, the trash mobs and some elites aren't bad, but then I will run into A Rare with Jailer, Mortar and vortex and then I am just fucked, from 15k hp to 0 in literally half a second

this is my character
zhtmM.jpg

I have heard that DH's actually have it easier due to being able to kite with caltrops, but I find it very difficult to kite around when I am getting vortexed to him and jailed...

Mr Nash

square pies = communism
I think from now on whenever I want to get out of a meeting I'm just going to shout, "OMG, Treasure Goblin!" and go running out of the room...

LordCanti

The Rares and Elites can get to be ridiculous, the trash mobs and some elites aren't bad, but then I will run into A Rare with Jailer, Mortar and vortex and then I am just fucked, from 15k hp to 0 in literally half a second

this is my character
zhtmM.jpg

I have heard that DH's actually have it easier due to being able to kite with caltrops, but I find it very difficult to kite around when I am getting vortexed to him and jailed...

You don't have to actually kill anything but the bosses. Get +discipline stuff and smoke screen right on past (with tactical advantage passive).

Other than that, it's just a matter of DPS, caltrops, and getting things in nice rows you can send Nether Tentacles (or lightning ball) through.

Le-mo

this is my character
zhtmM.jpg

I'm also a DH and doing my solo run in Hell and it's been pretty easy so far except for the few elites and invulnerable minions that I've faced. I'm about 3/4 of the way through Act II. My DPS is currently at 12K with SS, 2.2K armor and 1K dex.
Now imagine them in Inferno.
Ha, I would be in tears.

I'm late to the AH discussion so I'll try to keep it short. Blizzard needed a way to monetize Diablo 3 so that it could generate revenue beyond the initial purchase. I understand and accept this, but I feel they went beyond simply monetizing item selling to actively designing the game to strongly encourage players to buy items.

Blue posts have confirmed they designed the loot system with the Auction House in mind, but have not gotten specific. Inferno seems to be explicitly designed around the idea of buying gear. The difficulty rises so exponentially that the only way to progress is to upgrade all your gear by huge amounts in one go. So you either buy the gear on the Auction House or you "farm" hell. The problem is Hell is rather trivial by this point, so it's unbelievably boring to play compared to Inferno, which is unbelievably frustrating.

This helps reinforce the player's desire to not only get out of Hell difficulty, but to make Inferno doable. This is also reinforced by drop rates which feel so gimped that 'natural' progression is very unappealing (even in Inferno). It's as if the internal ilvl on the drops is always 2 tiers below usable, so it's not that just that you don't get a good roll of affixes, but that the amount of stats on them is way too low. The regularity of drops with the appropriate ilvl seems too low.

I'm not saying you should be able to farm items so easily that the AH is pointless. But Blizzard made the time investment needed to get gear naturally feel so enormous that no reasonable person would choose to do so when the AH exists. The player needs to feel that they're paying to save time they might otherwise spend farming, not that they have to pay because the alternative is insane. That psychological difference really does change the way players interact with the game even if the actual time investment would be comparable to D2.

Neki

this is my character
zhtmM.jpg

you need smoke screen for vortex and jailer, that's why.

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
lol I'm retarded. forgot to add the numberof characters I'd already made to the slots remaining. :p

jfkgoblue

You don't have to actually kill anything but the bosses. Get +discipline stuff and smoke screen right on past (with tactical advantage passive).

Other than that, it's just a matter of DPS, caltrops, and getting things in nice rows you can send Nether Tentacles (or lightning ball) through.

well, I would like to actually kill them to improve my gear(don't use the AH, and even of I wanted too, I never have the cash to buy worthwhile gear...), so maybe just skip the ridiculous combinations? I don't know, but if hell is giving me this much trouble, I am dreading what inferno will bring

LordCanti

I'm late to the AH discussion so I'll try to keep it short. Blizzard needed a way to monetize Diablo 3 so that it could generate revenue beyond the initial purchase. I understand and accept this, but I feel they went beyond simply monetizing item selling to actively designing the game to strongly encourage players to buy items.

Blue posts have confirmed they designed the loot system with the Auction House in mind, but have not gotten specific. Inferno seems to be explicitly designed around the idea of buying gear. The difficulty rises so exponentially that the only way to progress is to upgrade all your gear by huge amounts in one go. So you either buy the gear on the Auction House or you "farm" hell. The problem is Hell is rather trivial by this point, so it's unbelievably boring to play compared to Inferno, which is unbelievably frustrating.

This helps reinforce the player's desire to not only get out of Hell difficulty, but to make Inferno doable. This is also reinforced by drop rates which feel so gimped that 'natural' progression is very unappealing (even in Inferno). It's as if the internal ilvl on the drops is always 2 tiers below usable, so it's not that just that you don't get a good roll of affixes, but that the amount of stats on them is way too low. The regularity of drops with the appropriate ilvl seems too low.

I'm not saying you should be able to farm items so easily that the AH is pointless. But Blizzard made the time investment needed to get gear naturally feel so enormous that no reasonable person would choose to do so when the AH exists. The player needs to feel that they're paying to save time they might otherwise spend farming, not that they have to pay because the alternative is insane. That psychological difference really does change the way players interact with the game even if the actual time investment would be comparable to D2.

I don't understand the drop system at all, unless it is specifically tied to Nephalem's Valor without them telling us. I've farmed Act IV of Inferno for hours and found absolutely nothing that I would consider appropriate kit for Act IV of Inferno. The thing is, despite my nearly 200% MF, I didn't have any stacks of NV. It makes me wonder if the 1000+ DPS weapons (for instance) are only dropping for people that are actually taking the time (and putting in the effort) to get their NV up.

If that has nothing to do with it, then I'm at a loss. People are rolling 1500 DPS weapons, and I've never found one over 800 in Act IV of Inferno. The average is more like...300....

well, I would like to actually kill them to improve my gear(don't use the AH, and even of I wanted too, I never have the cash to buy worthwhile gear...), so maybe just skip the ridiculous combinations? I don't know, but if hell is giving me this much trouble, I am dreading what inferno will bring

Inferno brings one or two viable builds, and millions of gold in AH costs to equip yourself.

Chain link, vortex, fire, AND invincible minions. THANKS BLIZZARD!

When I was in Inferno
Ponies
for an hour or two, I came across a mob that had like eight or nine affixes. It was absurd. Molten Fire Chain Invulnerable Shielding Arcane Mortar or some such inhuman bullshit.

Farming hell will not adequately prepare you for act 1 inferno, and farming act 1 inferno will not even come close to preparing you for act 2 inferno. I could care less about anything else, but if i farm act 1 for 60 hours, i should be able to do pretty well in act 2, and thats not even remotely close to being true

It is, but only if you roll a Legendary/Set item worth enough for AH upgrades, lol.

Farming hell will not adequately prepare you for act 1 inferno, and farming act 1 inferno will not even come close to preparing you for act 2 inferno. I could care less about anything else, but if i farm act 1 for 60 hours, i should be able to do pretty well in act 2, and thats not even remotely close to being true, even with 5 stacks of NV every time

Narag

Farming hell will not adequately prepare you for act 1 inferno, and farming act 1 inferno will not even come close to preparing you for act 2 inferno. I could care less about anything else, but if i farm act 1 for 60 hours, i should be able to do pretty well in act 2, and thats not even remotely close to being true

If crafting costs weren't so high, some of this would be alleviated, I'd think.

If crafting costs weren't so high, some of this would be alleviated, I'd think.

Probably. To be fair, ive had a few good crafting results. But with the consumable AH down, its hard to get enough essences.

Speaking of crafting, i got the same blacksmithing plan twice, and both were in the same zone. Considering theres about 100 recipes, makes me think specific recipes only drop in specific zones

Volodja

Farming hell will not adequately prepare you for act 1 inferno, and farming act 1 inferno will not even come close to preparing you for act 2 inferno. I could care less about anything else, but if i farm act 1 for 60 hours, i should be able to do pretty well in act 2, and thats not even remotely close to being true, even with 5 stacks of NV every time
Actually I farmed Azmodan Hell to manage to face early Act 1 Inferno. From there I farmed what I could and with time I've managed to find stuff that allowed me to farm the entire Act without issues and without using the AH.
Now I have to see if they same thing is doable for Act 2.

Sophia

Hit level 60, grab the gear I had saved up + the gear from my guildmates. Night and day.

Some 300-400 resist means I'm taking less damage now with no buffs then I was with Ignore Pain before. So awesome :D

Chain link, vortex, fire, FAST, invincible minions. THANKS BLIZZARD!

fixed. because that's my favorite fucking combination.

indeed.

BigDug13

Actually I farmed Azmodan Hell to manage to face early Act 1 Inferno. From there I farmed what I could and with time I've managed to find stuff that allowed me to farm the entire Act without issues and without using the AH.
Now I have to see if they same thing is doable for Act 2.

What class are you playing? Makes a huge difference on whether this is doable. Does your class rely on taking direct face to face hits from elites?

Lol, I was on the phone with Blizzard CS, I'm waiting in the queue for over an hour and after drinking some water I gotta go to the bathroom. The moment I'm draining the lizard...

(World of Warcraft orchestral music cuts off)
"Hello, this is John thanks for waiting on the line, how may I help you?"

zlatko

Banned
I know come Inferno I will get stomped and rightfully so, but fuck is it retarded to be in a co-op game I start, have a higher level DH join, and watch him die constantly as I'm holding down the elites/champions, and 20 other fucking mobs at once without dying on Hell.

Seriously? If ever that happens to me when I start my DH I'll retire... no reason me holding all these mobs at once and living with some good skill use/kiting, that he can't go bananas damage wise and rip them to shit and kite to help me out. :/

Carm

So, I just killed my first champion pack on inferno. Fire chains, vortex, molten and avenger heh. They dropped coin and one square emerald... the fuck is that?

So, I just killed my first champion pack on inferno. Fire chains, vortex, molten and avenger heh. They dropped coin and one square emerald... the fuck is that?

Ive noticed that sometimes champs drop literally nothing. I think it might happen if you die too many times or take too long

LordCanti

Just solo'd Belial with 5 stacks on Inferno. was not worth the effort. :(

At least you've beaten him. I still haven't. Not that it matters of course..

Ive noticed that sometimes champs drop literally nothing. I think it might happen if you die too many times or take too long

When that happens, I find that I've usually missed a single minion or something. Until it goes down, no NV+ and no drops.

Neki

At least you've beaten him. I still haven't. Not that it matters of course..

When that happens, I find that I've usually missed a single minion or something. Until it goes down, no NV+ and no drops.

Belial Phase 2 is harder than Phase 3, as a demon hunter at least. cramped spaces are the worst.

LordCanti

Belial Phase 2 is harder than Phase 3, as a demon hunter at least. cramped spaces are the worst.

I was pissed off during that fight on normal, nightmare, and hell. When someone told me that I could just join an Act 4 game on Inferno and be done with him, I jumped at the chance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom