• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT3| Turn On Elective Mode, Get an Authenticator

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wallach

How do you avoid the teleport punch?

If you want to run a build specifically for that, you can just Evasive Fire or Vault it pretty easily. He doesn't teleport so much as he charges at you, so you see it coming. Otherwise just SS it and try to force him into phase 3 as fast as you can, which is just a game of don't get 1 shot by something. In my opinion the three best abilities you can take into this fight besides SS/Prep are Vault w/ Tumble, Nether Tentacles and Mark of Death w/ Mortal Enemy.

Neki

How do you avoid the teleport punch?

You can outrun it with high MS, or in my case, I used Shadow Power + Gloom to tank it. You could also run SS to avoid it too. The teleport punch actually only hit me for 25k, so I used SP + Gloom and got my hp to full. The hardest part is avoiding minions + green blasts.

I used Shadow Power (Gloom), Smoke Screen (Lingering), Caltrops (Torturous Ground), Preparation (Backup Plan), Entangling Shot (Chain Gang), Elemental Arrow (Nether Tentacles).

edit: LOL Jondar dropped me a set piece with 2 stacks.

oh yeah.

oc

peanutbutterchocolate
sup
5HZoS.png

What is up with this game populating public games with just two people. I can't remember the last time I was in a 4 person game.

Calidor

I'm about to hit lvl 60 on my Wizard (currently @ A3 Hell) and I have 2 mill to spend.

How should I allocate my budget? Ie: 1mill to weapon and rest pieces of armors?
What weapon should I be looking for? I thought about a 2handed 250 int, 30-40% crit, and around 800 dps.

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
Damn Act 1 final boss can be kinda hard on inferno when he goes into the "rage" (or whatever you call it) mode. Like every panel is lite on fire always -.-'''

LordCanti

Put it up for 7.5 mil. Way overpriced IMO... but looking for bites.

I always put my best stuff up for way more than I think it will fetch, just in case. It's paid off a few times.

Never for millions of gold though lol.

Damn Act 1 final boss can be kinda hard on inferno when he goes into the "rage" (or whatever you call it) mode. Like every panel is lite on fire always -.-'''

You've got to pretty much do constant damage if you want to take him down before the floor goes up. It gave me fits trying to solo it.

Okay, so I was essentially breezing through hell mode and now I have hit a wall, I cannot beat rakanoth. Does someone on gaf mind helping me out?

Jijidasu

Any news on when the commodities will be up again on the AH? I'm new to Diablo so outside of the AH I have no way to purchase gems and so on, especially the higher quality gems.

I find myself wanting to play but being put off simply because I can't buy these things.

Are spells (like poison dart, etc) affected by a weapon's default attack speed (where it shows the number in white), or do only blue bonuses to attack speed count?

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder

You're supposed to kill him before that happens. It's a gear check, if you can't take him out in under 3 minutes you need to farm more.

The jump from act 1 to act 2 in inferno in terms of difficulty is *way* higher then the jump from hell to inferno was, jesus christ it's ridiculous.

Wallach

You're supposed to kill him before that happens. It's a gear check, if you can't take him out in under 3 minutes you need to farm more.

The jump from act 1 to act 2 in inferno in terms of difficulty is *way* higher then the jump from hell to inferno was, jesus christ it's ridiculous.

To be honest it's probably the worst in the game. I'd rather farm A3 or even parts of A4 than most of A2, and I feel like even the boss is harder than the rest.

Kinitari

Black Canada Mafia
I think with the combination of my new gear, my new build and maybe just getting used to the both, I am creaming act I inferno. Just ran around killing things up to and including the butcher with no issues. At one point I had an elite group and an elite leader on me at the same time - did I die? Nah. Didn't die once all together, and didn't really even get that close to it.

I'm still too scared to try act II again.

What the fuck was Blizzard thinking when they made multiplayer in this game suck so much? There's literally no reason to play with other people. Everything is worse and there's no benefit. I do so much better in Inferno going solo. It's really upsetting because this was supposed to be a multiplayer game.

Seriously, what the fuck?

What the fuck was Blizzard thinking when they made multiplayer in this game suck so much? There's literally no reason to play with other people. Everything is worse and there's no benefit. I do so much better in Inferno going solo. It's really upsetting because this was supposed to be a multiplayer game.

I feel you... Diablo 2 still the best game ever.

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you

You have to kill him before that happens.

You've got to pretty much do constant damage if you want to take him down before the floor goes up. It gave me fits trying to solo it.

Yeppers I know. I usually kill him before that so wasnt expecting it as that radical lol. I was kinda lazy on his battle. Luckly I had some clutch health potions/pots and decent enough resist.

I streamed my run for anyone interested. Took me 40 minutes but could easily shave time off.
http://www.twitch.tv/corran666/b/319888197

theta11

You can tell Inferno is largely untested.

Neki

I just find that single player mobs are easily zergable. When you have two or more players, it's really hard to zerg champion/elites.

Act 2 inferno with 34k dps. and like 20khp. Anyone else have the same ridiculously bad stats as me? I don't think I'll be able to progress much more with this setup, honestly. I use a DH and I get one shot by fucking everything. if a fucking imp pops out of the ground and whacks me, I'm fucking dead.

The game has officially stopped being fun in inferno. Some of the mobs are just ridiculous, and I it's literally impossible for me to take them down. I have to rely on drawing some elite mobs with some weak-ass combinations for me to actually progress!

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
you guys play this shit too much. :p

So I've at least rescued Cain with every class type now, and completed act 1 with Wizard....

I have to say, from what I've played, it feels like Monk and Barbarian are completely OP.

Followed behind them is Wizard.

Way behind Wizard is Demon Hunter.

Way way way behind Demon Hunter is witch doctor.

This sound right?

I think I played this game too much, Inferno isn't really fun lol

And I don't want to start a new toon yet

Farm farm farm, sell the stuff because it is all crap. Maybe try crafting something with the gold you just farmed. Woops it was crap.

Rinse and repeat.

I really really really don't see the point in crafting, but i still do it

The "OMG AN ORANGE.... OH NO AN ORANGE!" circus continues for me:

PLCAI.jpg

Continues!? that means you have had multiple orange drops... that doesn't happen in this game.

Mairu

I think I've hit a wall in my enjoyment in this game (Act 2 Inferno)

I'm growing tired of farming the end of Act 1 over and over, not to get actual upgrades but to hope for items worth selling in order to buy upgrades that are actually useful. It's kind of annoying that the best way for me to progress seems to just be to skip everything up until story bosses. That's how I beat Maghda at least ;|

here's my shitty stats (barbarian)

I think I've hit a wall in my enjoyment in this game (Act 2 Inferno)

I'm growing tired of farming the end of Act 1 over and over, not to get actual upgrades but to hope for items worth selling in order to buy upgrades that are actually useful. It's kind of annoying that the best way for me to progress seems to just be to skip everything up until story bosses. That's how I beat Maghda at least ;|

here's my shitty stats (barbarian)

Only 9k? I do 25k on my wizard with blues in inferno. (but i die before i hit someone :( )

teh_pwn

"Saturated fat causes heart disease as much as Brawndo is what plants crave."
I'm late to the AH discussion so I'll try to keep it short. Blizzard needed a way to monetize Diablo 3 so that it could generate revenue beyond the initial purchase. I understand and accept this, but I feel they went beyond simply monetizing item selling to actively designing the game to strongly encourage players to buy items.

Blue posts have confirmed they designed the loot system with the Auction House in mind, but have not gotten specific. Inferno seems to be explicitly designed around the idea of buying gear. The difficulty rises so exponentially that the only way to progress is to upgrade all your gear by huge amounts in one go. So you either buy the gear on the Auction House or you "farm" hell. The problem is Hell is rather trivial by this point, so it's unbelievably boring to play compared to Inferno, which is unbelievably frustrating.

This helps reinforce the player's desire to not only get out of Hell difficulty, but to make Inferno doable. This is also reinforced by drop rates which feel so gimped that 'natural' progression is very unappealing (even in Inferno). It's as if the internal ilvl on the drops is always 2 tiers below usable, so it's not that just that you don't get a good roll of affixes, but that the amount of stats on them is way too low. The regularity of drops with the appropriate ilvl seems too low.

I'm not saying you should be able to farm items so easily that the AH is pointless. But Blizzard made the time investment needed to get gear naturally feel so enormous that no reasonable person would choose to do so when the AH exists. The player needs to feel that they're paying to save time they might otherwise spend farming, not that they have to pay because the alternative is insane. That psychological difference really does change the way players interact with the game even if the actual time investment would be comparable to D2.

Well said.

I'm probably going to give up on the game. Act 1 inferno, I ran out of Tristam's bridge for the first time, 5 minions dead as usual. But immediately outside of the game there was yellow (elite? I don't pay too much attention to the text). Fucker is really fast, does lots of regular damage, dumps poison circles and rotating arcane rays.

I die within 2 seconds.

But wait, that's the spawn point. So before I can even come back alive, my companion is dead, and I die at least 3 more times before giving up and trying to flee to the city.

Some of the guards fight, but they do 0 damage.

So I basically had to go inside and exit game to clear these guys out.

That's act one? With dual wielding 600 dps with 300 life on hit +100 dex weapons? Total dps is 15k, 4k armor, 17k life, 1500 life regen per second.

Am I to spend 40 hours getting 50 million gold to buy stuff that's twice as good? Would it even fucking matter in this case? Is it expected to flee and exit/enter game?

That's not gameplay, that's just fucking dumb.

inferno act 1 drops are so fucking ass that it's impossible to just farm gear for act 2 there. The fact that you have to rely on the auction house right now just to progress is so bad.

I initially jumped into the game thinking I would skip the auction house entirely, but inferno just knocked that stupid idea out of my head real fast.

TheExodu5

Banned
inferno act 1 drops are so fucking ass that it's impossible to just farm gear for act 2 there. The fact that you have to rely on the auction house right now just to progress is so bad.

I initially jumped into the game thinking I would skip the auction house entirely, but inferno just knocked that stupid idea out of my head real fast.

That's the main issue here. The difficulty and gear progression seem fine otherwise.

That's not gameplay, that's just fucking dumb.

That's Diablo. That's what keeps us crazies going.

...well, you can always cheese your way to act IV and break vases all day like everyone else is doing.

I would rather be stuck on act I forever than stoop to that though.

ezrarh

Right now it seems like you can progress faster by playing the auction house game than actually farming.

So, is there a remote chance you get good gear in act I inferno or is it actually capped so you can't get the stuff you need? Blizz said you need to farm Hell or early Inferno for months before you get geared for the rest of Inferno but it's not as exciting when you're just trying to get more gold so you can buy the gear from the auction house.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom