• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT3| Turn On Elective Mode, Get an Authenticator

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slayer-33

Liverpool-2
Act 2 inferno with 34k dps. and like 20khp. Anyone else have the same ridiculously bad stats as me? I don't think I'll be able to progress much more with this setup, honestly. I use a DH and I get one shot by fucking everything. if a fucking imp pops out of the ground and whacks me, I'm fucking dead.

The game has officially stopped being fun in inferno. Some of the mobs are just ridiculous, and I it's literally impossible for me to take them down. I have to rely on drawing some elite mobs with some weak-ass combinations for me to actually progress!

I'm farming with 28k hp and 13k dps(40k on crits) start working on better vit/all resist/move speed.

Also set up for kiting,

Cloak, caltrops with damage rune, tumble with low cost on next one, preparation skill with heal, piercing arrow with tri split rune, elemental tentacle shot.

For now I have passive run speed passive, crit passive (10% for 1h), range extra 20% dmg.

Number45

GAF needs to replace the 500 with an error 37. Was lonely last night not being able to login to the game or read/talk about it here. :(

I picked up two weapon upgrades last night. The first was a small DPS upgrade with a big Vit boost, but shortly afterwards I found a dagger that gave me another ~700 damage primarily because of the attack speed. Went from 1.20 to 1.68 and holy shit Frenzy with Sidearm is a BEAST with high attack speed.

Took down
Maghda
in Act II (Hell), was expecting Act II to be tricky but it's not been too bad so far. I did have to kite a couple of champion Sand Wasp packs half way across the desert though. :p

People are gonna start trading on forums if they don't remove the 10 auction limit. It's inevitable.

I actually don't know if that's a bad thing.
For me it's just annoying that I can't shift my crap (relatively speaking). I would like to throw it all on the AH for a low starting price and no buyout - not even trying to monopolise the economy. To be honest I end up vendoring virtually everything.

Shouta

I could spend the entirety of my gold to boost the dps on my weapon by 200 and it's really annoying that people can put gems in items that get sold on the auction house. Searching for weapons with life on hit mostly just brings up weapons with sockets with a shitty purple gem in them and amulet/rings alone are ridiculously expensive.

But I don't really even want to farm at all right now since I've got 10 items stuck on the auction house

200 DPS on a weapon is huge if you have the STR to back it up but you definitely need Life on Hit to get past Act 2 in Inferno. I have 700 LoH and it's allowed me to fight elites in Act 2 though I can die really fast sometimes. But on a good set of elite modifiers, I can actually just sit inside and fight them like I was on Hell, with my Monk.

Alex

I'm pretty sure their database would implode if there was no auction limit

At least raise the limit to ~25-50 and let me cancel/edit auctions!

200 DPS on a weapon is huge if you have the STR to back it up but you definitely need Life on Hit to get past Act 2 in Inferno. I have 700 LoH and it's allowed me to fight elites in Act 2 though I can die really fast sometimes. But on a good set of elite modifiers, I can actually just sit inside and fight them like I was on Hell, with my Monk.

What is the LoH layout on your gear, Shouta?

FtHTiny

Auction limitations need to go, completely agree.

Yeah the auction house isn´t running shitty enough, we should make more auctions so it can run better.

First they need to upgrade this thing with useful search-options and other logic stuff.

Alex

Yeah the auction house isn´t running shitty enough, we should make more auctions so it can run better.

First they need to upgrade this thing with useful search-options and other logic stuff.

Well, I don't mean right this second. Ten auctions on a two day, locked format though is something I would like to see improve. A solid ~25-50 and allowing people to delist their stuff would be nice.

What I'd like to see is five search boxes and saved searches.

Mairu

I'm pretty sure their database would implode if there was no auction limit

At least lower the expiration time on auctions or let us cancel. 2 days is dumb and most of the time if an item doesn't sell in the first hour it's probably just going to sit there for the next 47 hours

I don't think I'd be able to get a decent amount of life on hit without drastically reducing my strength/vitality without a lot more gold, and as I said before I can't really make money well right now with the existing auctions sitting there

Shouta

What is the LoH layout on your gear, Shouta?

Rings and Amulets as my weapon is just a generic high damage blue. Costed me about 1.2 mil. I'm trying to upgrade them to squeeze more stats in. Sacrificed some resist in other places as well to maintain some DPS.

vgdRg.png

Neki

I don't even care about the 10 limit, just let me do 6-12-24-48 modifiers at least. That way I'm not punished for 2 days for listing something wrong. They could even associate a flat fee for lower modifiers for all I care.

eek5

I don't even care about the 10 limit, just let me do 6-12-24-48 modifiers at least. That way I'm not punished for 2 days for listing something wrong. They could even associate a flat fee for lower modifiers for all I care.

You should be able to pay a 20% penalty for canceling an auction (with no bids) within 24 hours. 10 slot, I don't have a huge problem with except for the fact that auctions can go invisible which is terrible. It essentially makes you have 5-7 slots which isn't enough.

Reached Hell in 19 hours. Act IV went by in like 40 minutes. Got lucky with the last section couple sections with the pillars, we hit the exits in less than 5 minutes on both.

Don't think I'll get far with 950 defense.

Number45

you guys play this shit too much. :p

So I've at least rescued Cain with every class type now, and completed act 1 with Wizard....

I have to say, from what I've played, it feels like Monk and Barbarian are completely OP.

Followed behind them is Wizard.

Way behind Wizard is Demon Hunter.

Way way way behind Demon Hunter is witch doctor.

This sound right?
Everyone's overpowered in Normal, enjoy it. :)

Farm farm farm, sell the stuff because it is all crap. Maybe try crafting something with the gold you just farmed. Woops it was crap.

Rinse and repeat.

I really really really don't see the point in crafting, but i still do it
Someone posted an AMAZING item that they crafted a "few" pages back.

Wtf is this general chat shit, never had it till today?!

Now scammers are asking me to sell them gems?
The patch enabled General by default, just leave the channel. Now that I've played the game and I don't have to worry about spoilers, I quite enjoy the general banter.

aznpxdd

Everyone's overpowered in Normal, enjoy it. :)

Someone posted an AMAZING item that they crafted a "few" pages back.

The patch enabled General by default, just leave the channel. Now that I've played the game and I don't have to worry about spoilers, I quite enjoy the general banter.

What did they salvage though?

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Maybe I am over pricing it, but think this will go for 1M?

quiver0530.jpg

A bit of Dex, and a combo of 8% Crit Chance, 9% life, and .9 hatred Regen

Le-mo

So I have two more levels till I hate 60 and I went to the AH planning to pick up a 1 hand bow for my DH with a base damage of 1K up and the asking price were in the millions. I don't even have 500K. FK me haha.

So I have two more levels till I hate 60 and I went to the AH planning to pick up a 1 hand bow for my DH with a base damage of 1K up and the asking price were in the millions. I don't even have 500K. FK me haha.

To be fair, 1k base damage is ridiculously high and you don't need that much for Act 1. 600-650 base damage is fine for all of Act 1

Hell. Late Act III. Level 58. My first sniff of a legendary.

It was shitty.

iAzudl.png

edit:

Holy shit. I was just skimming the AH. I think I may have the worst version of this Legendary in existence!

Neki

quiver0530.jpg

very low dex and no vit, and no max disc. vit is better for low life characters. not sure how much that would go for

Number45

What did they salvage though?
Yeah I think he said it cost a bit overall to craft, but not as much as it would fetch in the AH. I don't know, perhaps it's just me, but the fact that the chance of getting something good in this game (either via drop or crafting) is SO small I find it all the more alluring.

It IS just me, isn't it?

Le-mo

To be fair, 1k base damage is ridiculously high and you don't need that much for Act 1. 600-650 base damage is fine for all of Act 1

Only in Act I in Inferno? So for the later acts I will need a 1K base damage bow. Where am I going to get that money!!!!!!

FtHTiny

quiver0530.jpg

It´s really not much dex for the quiver slot and it doesn´t have +max discipline what seems to be the got to for most dhs.
But maybe someone will bite for it.

FtHTiny

Hell. Late Act III. Level 58. My first sniff of a legendary.

It was shitty.

Holy shit. I was just skimming the AH. I think I may have the worst version of this Legendary in existence!

I don´t know how much magic find the other legendarys in the ah have, but this is still one of a few weapons with the mf-stat. So it´s good for your magic find-set if you want to collect one.

Heh one area of AH which could use a price crash is rings and amulets.

I tried searching for IAS, GF, DEX amulet since i'm running with lvl 33 junk and barely got a few hits below 500k

Okay. Well my comment was going to be that mf was the best stat it had. It is pretty typical of that unique, though, neither high nor low. But I don't really have a magic find set, so I might set that to an off hand weapon and put something together to farm before I give inferno a shot.

I'm pretty sure you both mean Ist. You end up with about a million Iths on your way to hell.

A year or two ago rune rates on Diablo 2 were modified. High runes are fairly common now. Zod, the rarest rune there is, has a drop rate of 1/5170. Ist is 1/540.4. And it's D2, not D3 - there are swarms and swarms of enemies. You can easily kill hundreds per hour. Though even 'back in the day' high runes weren't that crazy - Ist used to be 1/2525.7.

I can only imagine the reason people have so much trouble with runes is because they just follow Baal bots around all day instead of actually playing the game. It works out great for people who do actually play the game since the Baal bot guys are happy to give out inordinate amounts of actually rare loot for small amounts of runes.
Wtf

Ist is what I was thinking about, yeah, it was never that rare compared to the heavy hitters. Every single character needed freaking Jah and Ber, now that's some bullshit right there, thank god for the dupers (as much as they ruined the game in other ways). Highest I ever found myself was Vex I think.

I tried searching for IAS, GF, DEX amulet since i'm running with lvl 33 junk and barely got a few hits below 500k

Amulets and rings are always the most coveted items. Anyway, 500k is chump change once you get into Inferno, which is where this stuff starts mattering anyway.

When I do butcher farming runs I usually make 50k just in gold pickups, and average a few hundred thousand in sellables. Sometimes less, sometimes more.

FtHTiny

well rings and amulets seem to have the lowest droprate of all items and they can roll out really terrible stats. So the high prices are kinda okay for it.

Im thinking about buying a second copy of the game and making a brand new battle.net account so i can have 20 auction house slots. Has anyone ever tried this? What kind of issues did you run into?

Im thinking about buying a second copy of the game and making a brand new battle.net account so i can have 20 auction house slots. Has anyone ever tried this? What kind of issues did you run into?
Lol geez

It will be annoying to transfer items between the two accounts, did you consider how to deal with that? Unless you have a trustworthy friend or something.

Lol geez

It will be annoying to transfer items between the two accounts, did you consider how to deal with that? Unless you have a trustworthy friend or something.

I can run the game at work and RDP into my work machine and have both copies going that way. Just have 1 guy drop everything on the floor and the other pick it up

Carm

Are you sure you got all of them? Sometimes one goes into hiding and you think you killed them all.

Yep, nothing else in sight at the time, went looking for it *shrug*. Killed Leoric, kinda sad how easy he is compared to every champ/elite pack. Nothing but junk dropped all run, not unexpected though.

Is the secret level, like D2 where you can only complete it once per level if you killed the king, or can you keep going back and shit will still drop?

T.O.P

Banned
Just started Hell last night, invincible mob? the fuck blizzard

Gotta farm money for a week at least before i am ready for this e.e

I haven't read the latest patch notes, but it seems my Wizard build has been nerfed. I based it around Ray of Frost having a super-low mana cost so I could just blast it constantly and then pop Diamond Skin to help gain mana back. Now, I fly through mana and Diamond Skin still only keeps my mana level when blasting my RoF, not gaining mana back. Any ideas?

Here's my build:

http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/wizard#lZXdSm!YWb!bbZaYb

And here are my stats:
d3wiz5x9z7.jpg

Help? Anyone? Should I change powers, focus more on vit since I'm going to Inferno/going to solo a bit for a while? This DPS-heavy build is good for partying, but I'm waaaay too squishy to solo on Hell, so far.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom