• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT3| Turn On Elective Mode, Get an Authenticator

Status
Not open for further replies.
gaaaaah, WHY SO LOW DPS BLIZZARD, WHY?!

sever.jpg

Apart from that it's not even that bad, but ... eh :(

Looks like you got great blade for your templar ;)

edit: almost 2 acts of hell finished - since yesterday with Nephilim Valour - grand total of 0 legendaries/set items found

What the fuck was Blizzard thinking when they made multiplayer in this game suck so much? There's literally no reason to play with other people. Everything is worse and there's no benefit. I do so much better in Inferno going solo. It's really upsetting because this was supposed to be a multiplayer game.

Seriously, what the fuck?

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?p=37838632&highlight=#post37838632

called it a while ago mate.

yup bloody annoying and they need to rebalance it for multiplayer.

Don't see many of you talking about it, but has anyone tried selling in the trade and general channels? I made about 120k in about 15 minutes there tonight, and you bypass the 15% fee. Definitely brought me back to Diablo 2 and that feel you get when you know you're ripping someone off :lol

V_Arnold

Multiplayer is "baad" until you realize that you could actually build your skillset around the idea of playing in multiplayer. Premade groups with synergy skills >> 4 lone ranger going at mobs randomly. Totally different beast then.

My Wizard Normal run is complete. Only took ~16 hours - quite a bit less than the first playthrough on my Demon Hunter. Time shaved off between skipping cutscenes and just powering through some parts without uncovering all of the map, ignoring some, but not all, optional dungeons.

Act 3 boss I killed in about 10 seconds (or less) with Magic Weapon, Familiar, and Archon. After getting Archon I wrecked quite a few bosses that way, though I can see it not being nearly as good in higher difficulties.

Maximus.

Have you used ruby in helmet ?

No? I don't know what you're getting at, but as another poster below said, I am assuming a ruby in the helmet gives extra exp? Anyways, inferno will be interesting. It is weird not leveling up now, but feels nice that I finally have reached the end of the leveling process for now :)

WD is pretty fun! Shame Blow darts seem way better than spiders or frogs (not as cool though!)

Managed to get 4/5ths of the way through Act1 from complete scratch in a few hours, would go so much faster if I had all my gold and gems :/ Stupid having my monk on USA servers ;(

V_Arnold

Yes. You can do that. But why?

I am sorry, but where are you in the game? In Act2 Inferno and onwards, there is worlds of difference between 5 champion mob following YOU and only YOU, and following a group of 4+ people. Worlds of it.

Also, it is FUN to play with others, especially if you have voice chat/are in the same room/etc.

Also, it is FUN to play with others, especially if you have voice chat/are in the same room/etc.

Yeah, except most people don't have that. It's not like there's a guild system built in to D3 or anything. Randoms are all I have for grouping, and it's not fun right now. In fact it sucks ass.

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
I don't think there's a single person on the planet that likes this bloody AH system.

I kinda fancy making a separate D3 |Trade thread| and have people trade items with eachother like normal human beings instead of using the incredibly restrictive, monumentally broken and horrendously abysmal black hole that is the auction house mechanic.

Yeah, except most people don't have that. It's not like there's a guild system built in to D3 or anything. Randoms are all I have for grouping, and it's not fun right now. In fact it sucks ass.

I get what you're feeling. It's like playing on Dota 2 pubs.

Then again, NeoGAF has a good community of players though. Why not try to coop with some of us?

Le-mo

I don't think there's a single person on the planet that likes this bloody AH system.

I kinda fancy making a separate D3 |Trade thread| and have people trade items with eachother like normal human beings instead of using the incredibly restrictive, monumentally broken and horrendously abysmal black hole that is the auction house mechanic.

Do it!

I am sorry, but where are you in the game? In Act2 Inferno and onwards, there is worlds of difference between 5 champion mob following YOU and only YOU, and following a group of 4+ people. Worlds of it.

Inferno. I actually have 3 people I play with on voice comms and yes it is fun. But even I can see it won't last long even with those advantages. You are playing a loot game right? The fastest way to get good loot in this game is to farm solo and that's what people will do. I can't imagine a single soul jumping on a public inferno game to have fun.

People annoy others way too much so to have an enjoyable multiplayer experience you need incentives. This game has none! You would think blizzard a company that gives insane bonuses in wow to get people to pay together would have got that by now....

V_Arnold

Inferno. I actually have 3 people I play with on voice comms and yes it is fun. But even I can see it won't last long even with those advantages. You are playing a loot game right? The fastest way to get good loot in this game is to farm solo and that's what people will do. I can't imagine a single soul jumping on a public inferno game to have fun.

People annoy others way too much so to have an enjoyable multiplayer experience you need incentives. This game has none! You would think blizzard a company that gives insane bonuses in wow to get people to pay together would have got that by now....

I feel like you are not even reading what people write. If being MORE efficient and having more survivability thanks to n player's added stuns/knockbacks/slows/resurrects/heals is not an incentive for you while actually having a chance for individual loot as well, then you do not WANT to have fun in multiplayer. But that is your bias then.

I love the AH system. I am also planning to do a Diablo III RMAH-AH |OT| of what is this all about :p
But I do not know if I have the time to fully get around the idea - it is a difficult pill to swallow for many.

Morokh

.... obviously, to make it fun.

Co-op works, you simply need to co-operate to make it so.

It's fun playing with friends and all, but forcing people to actually have to adapt their build entirely for multiplayer is completely bullshit in a game like Diablo, once again it's Wow's thinking all over again shitting over the game.

I rolled a Barbarian, because I wanted to play a big badass with a two-hander that would just destroy everything in its way, playing solo already forces me to play semi tanky, and playing multiplayer just requires me to go full tank, not even for group purpose only but just because the scaling screams for it, and that's not even remotely fun.

My shout bonuses, and maybe one or two group friendly runes here and there should have been enough, not changing my entire build and equipment.

No? I don't know what you're getting at, but as another poster below said, I am assuming a ruby in the helmet gives extra exp? Anyways, inferno will be interesting. It is weird not leveling up now, but feels nice that I finally have reached the end of the leveling process for now :)

Yes flawless square which costed 5-6k gold before they turned commodity market off gives +19%. Which is huge boost as you have more levels than normally. So you can buy cheaper items in AH for same effect.

LordAlu

What the hell is up with the EU servers the last few days..'Servers are busy?' at 11 AM? LOL
I'm pretty sure there's a guy at Blizzard who has a big list of error codes he can just tick so they show up. "Hmm, what error should they get today... 37? 74? 75? 313500? The choice!".

It's fun playing with friends and all, but forcing people to actually have to adapt their build entirely for multiplayer is completely bullshit in a game like Diablo, once again it's Wow's thinking all over again shitting over the game.

I rolled a Barbarian, because I wanted to play a big badass with a two-hander that would just destroy everything in its way, playing solo already forces me to play semi tanky, and playing multiplayer just requires me to go full tank, not even for group purpose only but just because the scaling screams for it, and that's not even remotely fun.

My shout bonuses, and maybe one or two group friendly runes here and there should have been enough, not changing my entire build and equipment.

That's my difference with you. I actually love that you have to do so. It creates a different layer to the game.

And also, we are talking about Inferno here. This is the difficulty Blizzard included for the fans that were asking for the impossible.

Cipherr

I dont mind autojoin general chat, I mean, I played WoW, so this is nothing.

What I do mind is your personal chatbox defaulting to general chat, and not party chat like it previously did.

This makes for a lot of general chat spam thats clearly meant for some guys party chat.

"Can I get a rez"

And stuff like that.

Riggs

Banned
My thread making skills are subpar, but if anyone else fancies then by all means save us from the torture that is the AH.

Hrmmm I don't want to nominate myself really, hopefully an honorable gaffer in here champions this great cause.

This. Please.

bs000

When my inventory is full I get so anxious. When I'm deciding if I should sell or salvage I get so anxious. When I try to price my items I get so anxious. When my ten auction slots are full I get so anxious.

I'm deeply enjoying the whole AH system :)
It's almost like second game in the same package :D Just need a way to make auctions shorter.

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
I had to completely change my gear to get through Inferno.

I now have 700 resists (across the board) and 5000 armor for my Monk, I was able to solo the butcher without too much trouble.

Act II is going to be tough, I can already tell, lol.

If we're making a trade thread. I'll trade an arcade stick for a stormshield :p

Slayer-33

Liverpool-2
I had to completely change my gear to get through Inferno.

I now have 700 resists (across the board) and 5000 armor for my Monk, I was able to solo the butcher without too much trouble.

Act II is going to be tough, I can already tell, lol.

If we're making a trade thread. I'll trade an arcade stick for a stormshield :p

You savage beast lol

Shit just got real.

zou

Jus noticed the missing xp from the quests. Pathetic. All those tests and yet they failed to notice the potential problem? Gee, you are giving the xp reward with every single quest completion. How could anyone have known that players would take advantage of that. And the quick hack job looks hilarious as well, they kept the window the same and just removed the text. 500 gold, thanks guys.

On the plus side, less of the annoying cut scenes and dialogs to sit through. That blizzard polish...

FtHTiny

Jus noticed the missing xp from the quests. Pathetic. All those tests and yet they failed to notice the potential problem? Gee, you are giving the xp reward with every single quest completion. How could anyone have known that players would take advantage of that. And the quick hack job looks hilarious as well, they kept the window the same and just removed the text. 500 gold, thanks guys.

On the plus side, less of the annoying cut scenes and dialogs to sit through. That blizzard polish...

you mean when you hit maxlevel? I don´t understand it i guess.

?! The auction house works just fine. Instant access to items of millions of players, and their eyes on your offerings. There's a couple issues, such as you can't sort certain items adequately (such as wizard off-hand sources) and also ya can't really see the stats of stuff you sold, but I think those things will get fixed.

The in-game AH is also very necessary for the game's economy, as it takes gold out of the game by making 15% of the gold that trades hands disappear. If that wasn't the case, hyper-inflation would be basically instant. Whether salvaging takes enough items out remains to be seen... but so far I'd say the economy is running smoothly.

Staab

Made my first sale above 500k today...
A set item ?
A legendary ?
A rare ?
Nope, a blue :p
Long live off-hands with damage !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom