• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT3| Turn On Elective Mode, Get an Authenticator

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I read a comment somewhere else and it got me thinking. They kind of lapsed on the promise of destructible environments past Act 1 (and I don't mean barrels/ashes/anything else destructible that drops loot). In the Cathedral you have the walls propped up, barricades, chandeliers, etc. There are some more interesting things in Leorics's Manor, in addition to the traps in the Fields of Misery and similar areas.

In Act 2 there are the bones in the desert, and some stuff in the oasis and sewers, but they're never conveniently placed or nearly as useful as anything encountered in Act 1.

Act 3 has the cauldrons of oil on the ramparts, but they're never located in useful spots (in addition to having a pretty damn small area of effect). That's about all I can think of from that act though.

And I don't think Act 4 has any environmental destructible that can be used to damage enemies at all.

It's like they ran out of good ideas for the mechanic after already having implemented it early on when working on Cathedral/Act 1 stuff (see: the 2008 gameplay debut video.) I remember being pretty excited for the destructible environments that affect enemies, as it's not really present elsewhere in the genre, and what we ended up with is sort of underwhelming compared to what it could be. In a similar vein, we also don't have anything like the ladder shown off from that video, that the barb climbs down with a neat animation. Things like that would add some more variety to dungeon layout.

Petrie

Banned
Is anyone around who could open a game up for me at the end of Act 3 on inferno? Would be much appreciated if so, right around "siegebreaker".

Torraz

I think this is the best item I have found so far in act 1 inferno:

pbasp.png

How high does DPS go in act 1?

Anyone with a ridiculously good DPS wanna help me beat inferno belial? I've been knocking my head on this thing for 2 hours now and I'm just doing worse over time. :/

my dps is 34k.

Blitzhex

Finally got to Diablo inferno on my WD and he's whooping my ass :( Kinda undergeared though. Haven't been able to take him past p2. Any other WDs that have beaten him? If so, post what your gear is like.

i'm a barbarian and i usually go for + strength +vitality and high DPS on my weapon. what other stats should i look out for?

if a weapon has +DMG is this already included in the overall big DPS number?

Kyoufu

i'm a barbarian and i usually go for + strength +vitality and high DPS on my weapon. what other stats should i look out for?

if a weapon has +DMG is this already included in the overall big DPS number?

Yes it's already included.

You may also be interested in Life on Hit.

Chromax

Help guys! For certain reasons I had to uninstall my D3 earlier, now for the life of me I can't reinstall it on my laptop again.

Once it starts updating/downloading the game, every 20 seconds my internet connection thing pops up like I somehow lost connections, then agent crash and a error report comes up which I can send to Blizzard.

I've tried ignoring it and continuing with the download but that didn't work, it just comes up again like 30 seconds later.

I've tried deleting all traces of Diablo/Blizzard stuff on my laptop and restarting it.

I'm running Windows 7 with SP3 and running the program as administrator but it's not helping.

ElyrionX

Hit Level 60 with my Wizard. 17k damage. 30k health. 2k armour. And about 350 to 400 across all resistances. Am I ready for inferno?

AndyH

Neo Member
I reached Diablo in Inferno a few days ago but I haven't bothered to really have a go at him yet. My thoughts so far is that Inferno isn't too bad most of the time if you are geared and play well. I've seen people of all classes making it this far - it's just that they out gear the average player by a fair amount. Right now it seems a lot of people playing melee classes are forced into defensive builds and ranged into glass cannons but there have been ridiculous dps barbarians running around at the high end and I'm sure in time we will see defensive ranged class builds. When Blizzard said they will be looking into the balance of Inferno and reducing spike damage to a more constant damage I'm not even sure what they really mean. It has only been two weeks so I hope they don't nerf it too hard although some monsters really need looking into.

On a side note I found this yesterday:

weapon27kfp.png

When my inventory is full I get so anxious. When I'm deciding if I should sell or salvage I get so anxious. When I try to price my items I get so anxious. When my ten auction slots are full I get so anxious.

Reminds me of Asheron's Call, the stress of keeping all those magic items fueled with mana and making sure that I didn't waste any time while they ticked down.

Deadly

How do you guys price off-hands? We can't filter those for shit since it's mostly about the damage. I see some stuff for 2mil yet I see alot of em for 20k with nearly the same damage...

V_Arnold

Help guys! For certain reasons I had to uninstall my D3 earlier, now for the life of me I can't reinstall it on my laptop again.

Once it starts updating/downloading the game, every 20 seconds my internet connection thing pops up like I somehow lost connections, then agent crash and a error report comes up which I can send to Blizzard.

I've tried ignoring it and continuing with the download but that didn't work, it just comes up again like 30 seconds later.

I've tried deleting all traces of Diablo/Blizzard stuff on my laptop and restarting it.

I'm running Windows 7 with SP3 and running the program as administrator but it's not helping.

I can help you. Disable any connections that you are not using under System->Network Settings->etc. Because the client is bugged and assumes that it needs to reach internet by using your connection1, and if that fails, it freaks out.

I used Connection3 for my internet, for example, and it kept looking for dialup, lol. I knew that this was a solution, but gave me some dire frustrations back then.

SyNapSe

I wish you could put stuff up for sale for 1 day. A lot of the time if it hasn't sold by then it doesn't sell.

Why is the US commodities market perma-down? It says it's temporary when you logon but that's clearly not the case. It's been down for a week or more (I did see it up temporarily once for a short time frame).

Chromax

I can help you. Disable any connections that you are not using under System->Network Settings->etc. Because the client is bugged and assumes that it needs to reach internet by using your connection1, and if that fails, it freaks out.

I used Connection3 for my internet, for example, and it kept looking for dialup, lol. I knew that this was a solution, but gave me some dire frustrations back then.

Hm? How do I do that exactly? I'm guessing it's somewhere in Control Panel > Network and Internet. Where to now? I'm on wireless atm and I can't seem to find where to disable everything else...thanks!

Kreunt

Banned
just solo'd butcher on my dual wield no resistance monk. time to start act 2, get frustrated and uninstall the game just in time for max payne 3.

edit: just got instakilled by the first sand wasp

Kyoufu

Blizzard irritate me so much.

Here's the problem:

I bought D3 from the US battle.net side. I play on US servers and yet I can't post on the US D3 forum. I can however post on the EU battle.net D3 forum.

Tell me how this makes any sense.

Staab

yeah pretty crazy prices...
Was following a nice 1handed mace for about 200k (over 600dps, so pretty rare at that price) and in the last 2minutes, it went from 200k to 350k ...
Missed it, sadness ;(

red731

Blizzard irritate me so much.

Here's the problem:

I bought D3 from the US battle.net side. I play on US servers and yet I can't post on the US D3 forum. I can however post on the EU battle.net D3 forum.

Tell me how this makes any sense.

ESC > OPTIONS > and found which REGION you have selected somewhere there

V_Arnold

Hm? How do I do that exactly? I'm guessing it's somewhere in Control Panel > Network and Internet. Where to now? I'm on wireless atm and I can't seem to find where to disable everything else...thanks!

The exact stuff I do not remember right now - I needed to spend a few minutes looking for disabling connections, but it is there, that I know :D

yeah pretty crazy prices...
Was following a nice 1handed mace for about 200k (over 600dps, so pretty rare at that price) and in the last 2minutes, it went from 200k to 350k ...
Missed it, sadness ;(

You lucked out. Whoever was selling that mace was ripping people off, unless it had insane stat bonuses on the side. I'm seeing 700+DPS one-handers on there for ~30k.

Darkone

So i joined a site that supports VPN so i could play Diablo 3 at work, :( for some reason the game launcher is getting blocked by the firewall, hope i will get a solution soon from support department.

Good news is i can get to sites i could not before :).

LordCanti

Wake up "Maybe I'll do one tristram run and then go outside".

D3yYA.jpg

ME GUSTA!

(Even if it's not the most sought after Natalya's, I'm still thrilled to get a set item for my class for a change)

Man, I miss the lawlessness of diablo 2. Diablo 3 gameplay + old battle.net/duels/waypoint and teleport system/fighting for drops = legendary (although diablo 3 has made this word as meaningless as religion has made the word God).

Seriously though, why can't I choose to join a fully populated public game? Game feels like a regular console co-op game.

RPGCrazied

Can anyone tell me where the hell Warriv's journal is? I've been all over old tristram road. All I ever find is the caravan with the guy that speaks and dies. Also, the hanging tree.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
So i joined a site that supports VPN so i could play Diablo 3 at work, :( for some reason the game launcher is getting blocked by the firewall, hope i will get a solution soon from support department.

Good news is i can get to sites i could not before :).

Play Diablo 3 at work? You're a great example of a model employee! :p

(Unless I'm missing something)

DSmalls84

Well I sold a Amulet for 2 mil yesterday and decided to upgrade from my legendary Gidbinn and Uhkapian Serpent Mojo. I just ended up buying a Magic Ceremonial knife that did 850 dmg and had max mana and an offhand that did up to 300ish damage. I'm really disappointed that I cant really use my legendaries because they looked really awesome, but I went from 15.5k dmg to 19.5k so i'll take the stat increase.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom