• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT3| Turn On Elective Mode, Get an Authenticator

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sarcasm

How can my patch be freakin corrupt, how do I fix this BS?

Man....screw this game.

**I just deleted everything in patch folder. Had to redownload 5mb.

Darkone

Complete the dungeon in a certain amount of time (mine was like 2.5 mins) and I believe you get a lott reward for it.

Edit: Don't feel bad I failed miserably at mine too lol.

With my luck, i wont get it like i wont find Legendary items in the near future.

Can anyone tell me where the hell Warriv's journal is? I've been all over old tristram road. All I ever find is the caravan with the guy that speaks and dies. Also, the hanging tree.

I think that's one of the bugged things. There's one or two areas/dungeons in Act 1 that currently won't show up at all. At least one or two Lore Books are in those areas, so you can't complete a few achievements while they're still bugged.

I forget if it's only Act 1 that has this problem, or if there were areas bugged out in other acts as well. Possibly Act 2 - I don't think 3 or 4 has it.

Jubbly

Wake up "Maybe I'll do one tristram run and then go outside".

D3yYA.jpg

ME GUSTA!

(Even if it's not the most sought after Natalya's, I'm still thrilled to get a set item for my class for a change)

A general request to everyone: Please stop posting shots of unidentified items. It's pointless. And if you're holding onto them in that state because you think a patch is going to fix the identification and make them better, it won't - the quality is determined at drop and the patch isn't retroactive.

SyNapSe

The amount of money to get any kind of good gear just sounds insane. :( My WD is 58 now and after 50 something hours of play I have 1.3 million with no Jewelcrafting or Blacksmithing done. I only have most of the first equipment stash page open to the bottom where it wants 100k for the last row so I basically haven't spent much of anything. I know I'll get more money soon but it still sounds crazy.

RPGCrazied

I think that's one of the bugged things. There's one or two areas/dungeons in Act 1 that currently won't show up at all. At least one or two Lore Books are in those areas, so you can't complete a few achievements while they're still bugged.

I forget if it's only Act 1 that has this problem, or if there were areas bugged out in other acts as well. Possibly Act 2 - I don't think 3 or 4 has it.

Hmm. I know the Lyceum is bugged, a blue said so on the forums, along with villagers journal. But that is inside the Lyceum. I didn't think Warriv's body would be bugged too.

Neki

The amount of money to get any kind of good gear just sounds insane. :( My WD is 58 now and after 50 something hours of play I have 1.3 million with no Jewelcrafting or Blacksmithing done. I only have most of the first equipment stash page open to the bottom where it wants 100k for the last row so I basically haven't spent much of anything. I know I'll get more money soon but it still sounds crazy.

Easier at 60 because you get the neph buff when you're farming.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Okay so never drink and play this game.

What the flying fuck happened to my gold? SIIIIIIIIGH. Contacting support won't help me get it back, right? (or at least figure out what I was doing...)

DSmalls84

Search the AH and filter by the stats you want and the max buyout you will spend on them. It takes a lot of time to gear yourself once you get 60. I'am at 90 hours and currently have 34k hp and 19.5k damage on my WD w/out buffs or Pierce the Veil.

TheExodu5

Banned
someone paid 2 million for those? you got such a good deal, rofl.

I paid 250K for them. :p

And nah, they were pretty much priced okay. The only boots that were comparable didn't have VIT or extra armor, but had 47 resist all and was priced 2.5mil. I could have probably gotten a bit more out of them.

Hmm. I know the Lyceum is bugged, a blue said so on the forums, along with villagers journal. But that is inside the Lyceum. I didn't think Warriv's body would be bugged too.

I may be wrong. I saw the same blue post awhile back talking about it. There may have been a follow up post or update in the thread though further clarifying.

Not going to check myself now, as it would take a bit of digging.

Neki

I paid 250K for them. :p

And nah, they were pretty much priced okay. The only boots that were comparable didn't have VIT or extra armor, but had 47 resist all and was priced 2.5mil. I could have probably gotten a bit more out of them.

Without all resist, I just don't know who would want those boots, especially with low dex. But you found a buyer, so we should be celebrating!

Cheeto

So do your searches on the auction house update every time you hit the search button? It almost seems like it is cached once that it doesn't update if you don't change parameters.

TheExodu5

Banned
Without all resist, I just don't know who would want those boots, especially with low dex. But you found a buyer, so we should be celebrating!

229 armor is like having a lot of resists, especially since a lot of players are getting their resists disproportionately high when compared to their armor.

RPGCrazied

I may be wrong. I saw the same blue post awhile back talking about it. There may have been a follow up post or update in the thread though further clarifying.

Not going to check myself now, as it would take a bit of digging.

Oh. Well, thanks for the help. Just trying to finish Act I achievements. :)

Number45

Can anyone tell me where the hell Warriv's journal is? I've been all over old tristram road. All I ever find is the caravan with the guy that speaks and dies. Also, the hanging tree.
Did you check the area under that tree? I don't think it's always there, I've only noticed it once (but I might not have been very attentive the other times...).

Sarcasm

So I trid deleting the patches files again. I tried doing the redownload installer. I have done everything but uninstall and reinstall.

You think that running WoW would have helped them with stuff but I am constantly not able to play my game. (a bit I didn't pay for it but still...I shouldn't be locked out of at least single player).

So I got Diablo the endless update loop 3.

=(

Man I don't even get the meaning of unidentified items.

Suspense?

I mean, it's not like you have to use an identify scroll anymore...

Yea it's pointless, don't even know why they bothered. Feels like there was a system in place and they took it out at the last moment leaving it so you still had to "identify" things.

Archie

Second-rate Anihawk
just lost my nightmarish staff of herding. apparently it's a bug....what in the fuck?

Same thing happened to my friend. IIRC, it has something to do with trying to picking up an item while your inventory is full. Blizz told him they couldn't recover it too.

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
just lost my nightmarish staff of herding. apparently it's a bug....what in the fuck?

From a user on the Blizz forums:

TEMPORARY WORK-AROUND:
Equip the Staff on your Enchantress when you are not using it. This locks it in the place there. I have yet to lose it again now. When you want to use it - Simply approach the Cow King with the Staff in your Inventory, but do not talk to the Cow King yet, once he has appeared, put it back on the Enchantress and then talk to the Cow King to enter.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
Can't speak for the Hell or Inferno versions, but I know it ate my normal one. Nice to see theres a work-around, albeit a temporary one.

Ugh, really? I haven't checked to see if I still have my staff, but I've been doing magic find runs and picking up everything I see.... I imagine that it's probably gone.

scy

229 armor is like having a lot of resists, especially since a lot of players are getting their resists disproportionately high when compared to their armor.

Yeah, Resists get overvalued a lot. The INT on those adds +12.5 All Resist and the +229 Armor is about +23 All Resists so it technically has 120 DEX/66 VIT and 35 All Resist as far as mitigation is concerned.

Armor and off-stats are super undervalued.

Broke my glasses. Can't play. lol.

Mine were broken until this weekend :x

Neki

Yeah, Resists get overvalued a lot. The INT on those adds +12.5 All Resist and the +229 Armor is about +23 All Resists so it technically has 120 DEX/66 VIT and 35 All Resist as far as mitigation is concerned.

I wouldn't pay 2 million for 120 dex/66 vit/35 resist/12 ms boots. :p

GuardianE

Santa May Claus

This makes a lot of sense. I also assume that there's diminshing returns on armor and resists. I might start searching for some intelligence instead of resists for cheaper gear on my DH.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Tell me one day. One fucking day when the servers weren't fucked.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
Error 37 on EU servers as-well? Oh my God.

Out of frustration :lol?

Nah, I decided the sides needed to be pushed in a bit because they fell off my fae when i bent down and they snapped in two.

How bad is your vision? I can barely read this from a foot away.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom