• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT3| Turn On Elective Mode, Get an Authenticator

Status
Not open for further replies.
What's the best quest to farm in Hell when trying to gear up for Inferno (basically to earn the most gold to buy items)? I've been running Act IV Diablo runs and it's not too terrible though it takes a while and the rares I get usually aren't selling well.

My Witch Doctor is at about 35k HP and 18k Damage but my resists are all >180. I'm finding Inferno Act 1 to be simply frustrating - I always eventually hit a pack of Champions with some crazy ass combo of abilities that stop my progress completely. Trying to buy upgrades on the AH is pretty difficult at this point, I have a terrible chest piece (well, relatively) but upgrading it is a minimum of 500k gold and I'm barely scraping 370k right now. Most of the loot I'm getting isn't selling well and just clogs up my AH queue.

I'm just looking for some tips. Honestly, I know I can keep chipping away and eventually, slowly, drudge through it and make progress but it's pretty common knowledge Act 2 is about twenty times more ridiculous... and I don't think brute forcing my way there by waypoint hopping around Act 1 or being carried through by a group is necessarily a good idea.

scy

This makes a lot of sense. I also assume that there's diminshing returns on armor and resists. I might start searching for some intelligence instead of resists for cheaper gear on my DH.

0 Armor -> 3150 Armor is 50% Mitigation.
3150 Armor -> 6300 Armor is 66.6666% Mitigation.

It slows down a bit :x The same applies to resists just 315 and 630 as the values. So, yeah, 10 Armor ~= 1 Resist.

It's just strange seeing +Armor with good +All Stats being worth so much less than lower Armor, lower stats, and some +Resists. Getting your Resists to around (Armor/10) is important, yes. Once there, you want to get both upgraded.

How bad is your vision? I can barely read this from a foot away.

Pretty much the same as that, lol. It was pretty bad for awhile since my new pair got delayed about once a week for the entire fucking month. I managed to find an old old old backup pair which made the actual playing of Diablo 3 not abysmal.

DSmalls84

What's the best quest to farm in Hell when trying to gear up for Inferno (basically to earn the most gold to buy items)? I've been running Act IV Diablo runs and it's not too terrible though it takes a while and the rares I get usually aren't selling well.

My Witch Doctor is at about 35k HP and 18k Damage but my resists are all >180. I'm finding Inferno Act 1 to be simply frustrating - I always eventually hit a pack of Champions with some crazy ass combo of abilities that stop my progress completely. Trying to buy upgrades on the AH is pretty difficult at this point, I have a terrible chest piece (well, relatively) but upgrading it is a minimum of 500k gold and I'm barely scraping 370k right now. Most of the loot I'm getting isn't selling well and just clogs up my AH queue.

I'm just looking for some tips. Honestly, I know I can keep chipping away and eventually, slowly, drudge through it and make progress but it's pretty common knowledge Act 2 is about twenty times more ridiculous... and I don't think brute forcing my way there by waypoint hopping around Act 1 or being carried through by a group is necessarily a good idea.

I'm in the same boat with roughly the same stats. If I am going to grind away gold I sometimes runs Hell Act III Heart of Sin area. It's not really hard and if you build up Valor the Miniboss and Act III Main boss usually drop multiple rares. I have got lucky rolls on a few rings and amulets I sold for about 1 mil.

syllogism

I paid 250K for them. :p

And nah, they were pretty much priced okay. The only boots that were comparable didn't have VIT or extra armor, but had 47 resist all and was priced 2.5mil. I could have probably gotten a bit more out of them.
Those aren't worth 2.2M, I imagine a monk stacking lightning res bough tthem

Nah, I decided the sides needed to be pushed in a bit because they fell off my fae when i bent down and they snapped in two.

How bad is your vision? I can barely read this from a foot away.

Huh. My prescription is -2.5 for both eyes. Without glasses or contacts, looking at say, a TV from a normal viewing distance would be a problem, but I have no issue going without them on either my 23" monitor or my laptop screen. Both would maybe be 1.5 feet away at most (I sit fairly close to the monitor.) Though if you had a different setup, I can see where it could be an issue even with my eyesight. If you're vision is worse off, then you'd definitely have a problem.

scy

I'm in the same boat with roughly the same stats. If I am going to grind away gold I sometimes runs Hell Act III Heart of Sin area. It's not really hard and if you build up Valor the Miniboss and Act III Main boss usually drop multiple rares. I have got lucky rolls on a few rings and amulets I sold for about 1 mil.

I have ~230% Gold Find without Valor buff so I can just run Dank Cellar in Act 1 for ~10k/minute. It's boring as shit though :/

I need to get my MF% set up for Azmodan and see how that fares in comparison. Need to afford some gear swaps for my Wizard. Need to push that 3 APS and break 40k Damage!

24 hour day, or a day I went to play with no issues? I had several days of 8+hour sessions no problems.

Not counting the AH shenanigans, I've had zero days of problems I think. Glorious work schedule matches up with Diablo 3 schedule!

Concept17

Was playing Act2 nightmare last night with two others. TP back. We're in New Tristram. Have to 'end the act' from the caravan leader there. Resume game - ACT THREE! lol

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
I have ~230% Gold Find without Valor buff so I can just run Dank Cellar in Act 1 for ~10k/minute. It's boring as shit though :/

I need to get my MF% set up for Azmodan and see how that fares in comparison. Need to afford some gear swaps for my Wizard. Need to push that 3 APS and break 40k Damage!

I have 220% Gold Find right now, but I don't get nearly 10K in the Dank Cellar. I think a good run would be somewhere around 8K for me, but usually it averages around 6K. Am I doing something wrong?

My damage is still pitiful, and I'm not sure how to improve it without spending millions or sacrificing +Discipline or +LifePerHit. Those are really important to me. Right now, I do around 12,000 DPS with a one handed crossbow.

scy

I have 220% Gold Find right now, but I don't get nearly 10K in the Dank Cellar. I think a good run would be somewhere around 8K for me, but usually it averages around 6K. Am I doing something wrong?

Well, I'm approximating that I can do about 1.5 runs a minute. It takes ~5 seconds to check if it's up and ~15 extra if enemies are there. I get around 6-7k a run on average, though I had one freak one with 13k gold.

My damage is still pitiful, and I'm not sure how to improve it without spending millions or sacrificing +Discipline or +LifePerHit. Those are really important to me.

I feel bad reading this and the WD posts above :( I just liquidated my entire stash basically (vendor everything!) and I imagine some of it could have been useful to people still :/

I'd aim for a really good Bow. 800-ish DPS on a Bow/Crossbow isn't that bad cost wise. Unless you already have that, anyway.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Can anyone explain this Dank Cellar-gold thing to me?

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
Easiest place to get a merchant to spawn that sells mythic potions for half the price? Had it once and bought 300, but now I am running out of these potions.

ElyrionX

In Inferno, what's the trick posted in this thread a while back to jump to Act 3 without going through Act 2? Anyone mind posting it again?

zoukka

YES got to inferno. Killed Diablo on my first time solo :)

Also found a rare ring with:

140 str
35 int
health globe bonus
19 all resist
socket

And I do not see a single matching item in the AH, the resist is small, but how much would GAF pay for this? Also I'd rather sell all my stuff to GAF or trade. WD here.

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
Accidentally salvaged my one and only 1-hand main weapon, nice.... nice...

Anyone have a 600~ dps 1hander for my baba? I have 47000 gold....

fml.

scy

Can anyone explain this Dank Cellar-gold thing to me?

Sword of the Stranger Quest -> Old Ruins -> Head West (Checkpoint) and then keep going to the first cellar. If it's there, enter and kill the named Quillbeast (Sarkoth) for loots. TP and leave game without moving or else you'll trigger another Checkpoint. Resume Game puts you back right outside Tristram's west entrance and it's a ~3s run to check the Cellar from there.

Easiest place to get a merchant to spawn that sells mythic potions for half the price? Had it once and bought 300, but now I am running out of these potions.

Maybe the Alchemist on the way to the Spider Queen? If not that, the Weaponsmith is stupidly common in the Highland Passage (Act 1 as well).

Maybe some of the Act 2 ones in the Oasis, I guess.

LordCanti

My damage is still pitiful, and I'm not sure how to improve it without spending millions or sacrificing +Discipline or +LifePerHit. Those are really important to me. Right now, I do around 12,000 DPS with a one handed crossbow.

Life per hit? As a DH? Are you in Inferno? If so, why LPH? Do you take enough hits that LPH is useful?

When you guys farm for gold, do you change all your armor pieces for gold find?

I keep MF high, and just use stacks of NV for gold find. One good rare is worth a lot more than the gold you'd have gotten otherwise, IMO.

Neki

Accidentally salvaged my one and only 1-hand main weapon, nice.... nice...

Anyone have a 600~ dps 1hander for my baba? I have 47000 gold....

fml.

Are you NA? I always sell vendor 600 dps weapons lol. I can check my stash though.

scy

In Inferno, what's the trick posted in this thread a while back to jump to Act 3 without going through Act 2? Anyone mind posting it again?

Create an Act 3 Game on Hell, enter and leave. Join Public Game and you'll be on the Act 3 Quest for Inferno.

Alternatively, just have a friend who can also give you the waypoint.

When you guys farm for gold, do you change all your armor pieces for gold find?

My DH has only her GF% set :x ~13k HP, 2k Armor, ~230 Gold Find. It's all I've used on her since like Nightmare.

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
Maybe the Alchemist on the way to the Spider Queen? If not that, the Weaponsmith is stupidly common in the Highland Passage (Act 1 as well).

Maybe some of the Act 2 ones in the Oasis, I guess.

The weaponsmith doesnt sell potions I believe.

scy

I keep MF high, and just use stacks of NV for gold find. One good rare is worth a lot more than the gold you'd have gotten otherwise, IMO.

Gold Find is nice for clearing trash enemies. And, at the time, was undervalued and made more sense to me for going through Nightmare and Hell where the drops didn't matter. Not sure if I want to transition to MF% on my DH with how expensive it might be for a lot of it :/

The weaponsmith doesnt sell potions I believe.

Oh yeah. Uh ... yeah, I can't really think of much then besides the Alchemist vendor outside Wortham or the vendors in Act 2 cellars.

antipod

And someone asked why the prices where so insanely high in the AH some page(s) back.

Farming methods like the Dank Cellar is one of the answers.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Thank you sirs :)

scy

And someone asked why the prices where so insanely high in the AH some page(s) back.

Farming methods like the Dank Cellar is one of the answers.

I get comparable gold clearing parts of Act 1 (Leoric's Manor start to finish with MF% for Warden/Butcher). Dank Cellar is just lazy mode farming. Enter game, Smokescreen, click an enemy a few times, whee loot.

Toma

I get comparable gold clearing parts of Act 1 (Leoric's Manor start to finish with MF% for Warden/Butcher). Dank Cellar is just lazy mode farming. Enter game, Smokescreen, click an enemy a few times, whee loot.

Pretty much.

Jubbly

I have an authenticator and got this genuine email from Blizzard, as confirmed by the in-game notification:

Due to suspicious activity, the Battle.net account @.com has been locked. To restore access to this account, please follow these steps.

Went directly to their website on another machine, completely changed my password, logged back in, nothing gone. Weird...

scy

Out of curiosity, those of you farming in MF%, how much you got and where you farming? I think I can do some gear swaps and reach 200% base which should be fine and I'd still keep around 80% Gold Find.

Not that I'll have any luck finding drops I want (Tal Chest, Inna Pants!) but who knows.

LordCanti

Can Dank Cellar give that much? A night of farming Act2 goblins got me ~150k. Would Cellar give more?

Define "a night". It's a few thousand gold per run (up to 8-10k with enough GF) and it takes about a minute.

Out of curiosity, those of you farming in MF%, how much you got and where you farming? I think I can do some gear swaps and reach 200% base which should be fine and I'd still keep around 80% Gold Find.

Not that I'll have any luck finding drops I want (Tal Chest, Inna Pants!) but who knows.

Around 168% MF without NV and 15k DPS as a DH with that kit on. There is nothing in Act 1 I can't take down.

I got both the Tal chest, and Natalya chest, doing Dank Cellar runs.

zlatko

Banned
I have an authenticator and got this genuine email from Blizzard, as confirmed by the in-game notification:

Went directly to their website on another machine, completely changed my password, logged back in, nothing gone. Weird...

Did you try logging in BEFORE going through the email link though to make sure it was locked down?

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
Well, I'm approximating that I can do about 1.5 runs a minute. It takes ~5 seconds to check if it's up and ~15 extra if enemies are there. I get around 6-7k a run on average, though I had one freak one with 13k gold.

I feel bad reading this and the WD posts above :( I just liquidated my entire stash basically (vendor everything!) and I imagine some of it could have been useful to people still :/

I'd aim for a really good Bow. 800-ish DPS on a Bow/Crossbow isn't that bad cost wise. Unless you already have that, anyway.

Gotcha, gotcha. I was doing Dank Cellar runs before I even knew it was a "thing". In fact, I was doing Dank Cellar runs during the Starter Edition, believe it or not, and my method wasn't nearly as efficient. I'd forgotten about the Checkpoint right outside Old Tristram.

I wasn't fishing for any handouts. Honest! :p Right now I've got around 620 damage 1-Hand Crossbow. It's got +8 Discipline and ~+150 Life on Hit, which I really really like. I'm rocking a shield in the off-hand. I have ~2.44 APS with the IAS stuff I've gotten so far. I just see other people with 24,000 DPS, and am trying to figure out the best way to achieve this. What Dexterity should I have as a Level 60 DH?

Life per hit? As a DH? Are you in Inferno? If so, why LPH? Do you take enough hits that LPH is useful?

It's very very possible that I'm overestimating the importance of Life per Hit. Certain things in Inferno kill me in one hit, but I can survive usually survive 3 hits or so thus far, and I get pretty much all my health back by firing NetherTentacles into a pack. This could, and probably will, all change once I reach Act II. I feel like Life per Hit is also important for bosses.

You sure this wasnt a phishing scam? 100% authentic?

Neki

Gotcha, gotcha. I was doing Dank Cellar runs before I even knew it was a "thing". In fact, I was doing Dank Cellar runs during the Starter Edition, believe it or not, and my method wasn't nearly as efficient. I'd forgotten about the Checkpoint right outside Old Tristram.

I wasn't fishing for any handouts. Honest! :p Right now I've got around 620 damage 1-Hand Crossbow. It's got +8 Discipline and ~+150 Life on Hit, which I really really like. I'm rocking a shield in the off-hand. I have ~2.44 APS with the IAS stuff I've gotten so far. I just see other people with 24,000 DPS, and am trying to figure out the best way to achieve this. What Dexterity should I have as a Level 60 DH?

Should probably use a 800 dps bow for one. :p

scy

Define "a night". It's a few thousand gold per run (up to 8-10k with enough GF) and it takes about a minute.

Yeah, I think I spent an hour-ish there last night while waiting for friends and I made ~150k or so. Granted, 220% GF.

Around 168% MF without NV and 15k DPS as a DH with that kit on. There is nothing in Act 1 I can't take down. I got both the Tal chest, and Natalya chest, doing Dank Cellar runs.

The Cellar itself?

Yup, time to switch some stuff around.

I did Dark Cellar/Dank Cellar circuits for awhile; eventually just settled on the Dank only :x

And yeah but I mean, I'd rather give things out than vendor them. Just better overall. DEX, I think my DH has ~1100 in her GF equipment? I do have like no VIT though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom