• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT3| Turn On Elective Mode, Get an Authenticator

Status
Not open for further replies.

red731

WHAT THE FU!

Even second day, after work and even after long walk, I finaly get home, do all my stuff and that fucker number 37 still laughs in my face?!

Not cool. Sorry for the rant btw.

scy

Itll only take 2 up to flawless square :(

What the fuck.

Creating a listing fee for auctions is probably necessary, but ultimately it will leave only the best of the best items, and make everything else worthless vendor trash (exacerbating the problem of junk loot, as noted in his rant).

Honestly though, part of the problem is how much trashy loot you can get that is still an upgrade because of the ilvl of the item. The idea should be that you farm for the equipment you need and go to the AH for those ridiculous items.

Though, the game IS still young so maybe things will smooth out eventually. I don't really think they will, though, without some larger mechanics tweaks (Blacksmithing + Gem to force a stat seems neat though!).

Lathentar

Looking for Pants
WD takes off in NM. By then you've got a truckload of tricks under your sleeve yet things aren't hard enough you are forced to dire bats/undead bears spam with vision quest.

The real problem with the class is that soul harvest is so powerful it perma locks one slot.

That's not true. I rolled through all of Hell without soul harvest. I'm currently toying with it again, but might switch it out.

ccbfan

Anyone feels this game is a huge step back from Diablo 2 LOD in terms of items.

Its like they took out all the improvements from D2 LOD and reverted back to D2 Vanilla.

D2 = Sockets are only for gems.
D2 LOD = Sockets are for Gem, Rune, jewels, RUNEWORDs.
D3 = Socket are only for gems.

D2 = Uniques are useless.
D2 LOD = Uniques are awesome and some have great extra properties that can change gameplay.
D3 = Legendary (Uniques) are useless.

D2 = Item have generic stats and improvements
D2 LOD = Item have stats but also skills and other properties that completely change how people play. You make full unique builds off of items like Werebear Necro, Auradin, ect
D3 = Item have generic stats and improvements

Also things like synergies. The skills in D3 are so vanilla. There 6 group of skills. Each group of skills have 3-5 skill and each skill has 5 runes. The runes would have been cool if more of them did something unique. Instead the majority is "Add so and so stat/status to skill".

Its like every improvement in D2 LOD, they purposely took out in D3 and probably 'saved' for D3 expansion.

DSmalls84

That's not true. I rolled through all of Hell without soul harvest. I'm currently toying with it again, but might switch it out.

I think you could switch it out but not really until your damage is high enough to be effective without the massive boost. For most poeple that would be way into Inferno I imagine.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
Huh. My prescription is -2.5 for both eyes. Without glasses or contacts, looking at say, a TV from a normal viewing distance would be a problem, but I have no issue going without them on either my 23" monitor or my laptop screen. Both would maybe be 1.5 feet away at most (I sit fairly close to the monitor.) Though if you had a different setup, I can see where it could be an issue even with my eyesight. If you're vision is worse off, then you'd definitely have a problem.
My vision is worse brah.

Got the fixed tho. New frames.

Yeah it's amazing how well thought out it is. There's a lot to like in his suggestions and I hope Blizzard picks up on them.

GAF, if you haven't read it or think it is too large, just stick with it. Insightful stuff.

after playing the beta and went out to buy the game, im in nightmare act 3 and i stopped.

it's not a game i would play for a long time, no matter how much i try to like this game.

this man gets it.

of all the problems, i hope there's a patch or something that rekindles the love of diablo, and not the money.

scy

I think you could switch it out but not really until your damage is high enough to be effective without the massive boost. For most poeple that would be way into Inferno I imagine.

To be fair, a lot of classes have that practically must have skill that isn't their oh shit button.

LordCanti

Some of his points are valid but he dOesnt understand economics very well if he thinks prices are/are going to deflate

Prices on everything but the best stuff (the stuff geared toward the Inferno viable builds) has already deflated immensely over the course of the past few weeks.

The best stuff is inflating on the other hand. There is so much gold out there (and no gold sinks) that you've got to pay tens of millions of gold for the nicest items currently available.

smiggyRT

Just found this:

ALJg1.jpg

I don't play melee so it's not any use to me, is it worth selling on the AH or just to a merchant?

I have an authenticator and got this genuine email from Blizzard, as confirmed by the in-game notification:

Went directly to their website on another machine, completely changed my password, logged back in, nothing gone. Weird...

That's a common phishing email. Just check your stuff (on the proper website) if you get something like that. Don't click any links in the email.

derwalde

as a wizard with ~35khp 36k DPS ~500 res act 2 inferno STILL plays just stupid.

force armor, force weapon,hydra (venom or arcane), blizz, kite kite, diamond skin or/and teleport/mirror, kite kite kite kite kite kite kite kite....

just retarded.

AEREC

This is a must read.

Im all for a farming mode that is just a populated act with no cutscenese...it feels sloppy to have to skip cutscenes and text when all you want to do is certain runs over and over.

3 - change) Allow for a 'farm' mode of at least an act, if not a difficulty level to be available after you've cleared it at that difficulty. This would enable all waypoints, activate all events, but remove all quests from the act. You would be allowed to go anywhere and explore unrestricted - but still kill any bosses in the act, or complete events in the level.

red731

Yaaaay! I got in!

*Lost connection
Input limit reached. Please wait to perform more actions.

GODDAMIT

Blue post

15 minutes ago

Hey guys!

As Lurdlespor is currently AFK, I though I should just pop in and update you on the situation:

Error 37 has reappeared. We have made all of the relevant teams around the world aware and the matter is the number one priority for our engineers right now.
This issue also appears to be affecting achievements and therefore unlockables.
Those players in games right now may experience delays in updating friend's lists and chatting.
Unfortunately, we currently have no ETA on when these issues will be resolved.

Lurdlespor and myself are monitoring the engineer's communications and if we have anything to share with you guys then we will endeavour to do so.

We sincerely apologise for those of you affected by these technical issues.

Also can we get seperate "help me with pricing" thread?

Macmanus

:snip::
stuff

It's a step more towards D2 vanilla, but it's a bit further. Uniques weren't useless off the bat in D2 vanilla, they just weren't the end game. The Stone Of Jordan was what it was (awesome) right out of the gate and swiftly became the defacto currency due to that. Shortly after launch they updated unique stats and you never saw a low to mid level sorc running around without Frosties.

It's really the lack of pvp that's killing me (or not killing me) right now.

Im all for a farming mode that is just a populated act with no cutscenese...it feels sloppy to have to skip cutscenes and text when all you want to do is certain runs over and over.

Someone proposed an "arcade" mode with no cut scenes. Couldn't agree more. The fact that I skip literally four cinematic cuts in my Diablo fight really just takes me out of what should be a seriously defining moment of this game.

I love D3, but some of the design decisions are just so incredibly terrible it blows my mind.

scy

It's a step back and more towards D2 vanilla, but it's a bit further. Uniques weren't useless off the bat in D2 vanilla, they just weren't the end game. The Stone Of Jordan was what it was (awesome) right out of the gate and swiftly became the defacto currency due to that. Shortly after launch they updated unique stats and you never saw a low to mid level sorc running around without Frosties. Early D2 itemization was significantly better than what we have going on now. I did countless thousands of Meph runs hoping for awesome uniques long before LoD came out.

There's a _few_ good Legendaries (and Set pieces) but it's mostly due to their stats that their slot doesn't normally get.

And by that, I mean Attack Speed.

Well I found these from my last run, how much can I get for these? I know the legendary probably won't fetch much.

The fact everyone keeps getting Tal chests but me is starting to make me sad.

AEREC

Its like they took out all the improvements from D2 LOD and reverted back to D2 Vanilla.

D2 = Sockets are only for gems.
D2 LOD = Sockets are for Gem, Rune, jewels, RUNEWORDs.
D3 = Socket are only for gems.

D2 = Uniques are useless.
D2 LOD = Uniques are awesome and some have great extra properties that can change gameplay.
D3 = Legendary (Uniques) are useless.

D2 = Item have generic stats and improvements
D2 LOD = Item have stats but also skills and other properties that completely change how people play. You make full unique builds off of items like Werebear Necro, Auradin, ect
D3 = Item have generic stats and improvements

Also things like synergies. The skills in D3 are so vanilla. There 6 group of skills. Each group of skills have 3-5 skill and each skill has 5 runes. The runes would have been cool if more of them did something unique. Instead the majority is "Add so and so stat/status to skill".

Its like every improvement in D2 LOD, they purposely took out in D3 and probably 'saved' for D3 expansion.

Ya...Im guessing some of this stuff was held back for an expansion. I really hope we see runewords at some point though.

For all the features they skipped over D3 is a huge gameplay improvement over D2 just for the non-spammable health potions, ability to change skills, no instant TP, etc....

steadfast

Just found this:

ALJg1.jpg

I don't play melee so it's not any use to me, is it worth selling on the AH or just to a merchant?

That would make some Hell Monk's life a lot easier. Definitely worth selling. It won't make you a millionaire, but high dex vit AND attack speed? good stuff

sankt-Antonio

:^)--?-<
It's so sad that you actually only have two viable gems for each class. As a Barb you use +vit. or +str.. I was really sad when i realized that there are no skulls present anymore.

Ya...Im guessing some of this stuff was held back for an expansion. I really hope we see runewords at some point though.

For all the features they skipped over D3 is a huge gameplay improvement over D2 just for the non-spammable health potions, ability to change skills, no instant TP, etc....

Cool down's are fun killers, and the fact that you can only use six skills at a time is frustrating.

If i could only stack my passive skills (one skill+3) they might even made a change. They feel so non-important to me right now.

And the Barbs runes suck ass. Half of them are useless junk, and the other half just slightly bumps the skills :mad:

LordCanti

It's a step back and more towards D2 vanilla, but it's a bit further. Uniques weren't useless off the bat in D2 vanilla, they just weren't the end game. The Stone Of Jordan was what it was (awesome) right out of the gate and swiftly became the defacto currency due to that. Shortly after launch they updated unique stats and you never saw a low to mid level sorc running around without Frosties. Early D2 itemization was significantly better than what we have going on now. I did countless thousands of Meph runs hoping for awesome uniques long before LoD came out.

I was hugely into D2 PVP, but the PVP in D3 is kind of unappealing to me right now. Instead of having the element of surprise (and an "I'm hunting you down" element like Dark Souls/Diablo 2), you now spawn in a cookie cutter arena to do battle with someone that isn't engaged with any enemies, and that is ready (with his RMAH purchased top of the line kit) to fuck you up.

About the only thing I'd be interested in is some kind of Battle Royale. Twenty toons enter, one leaves.

It's so sad that you actually only have two viable gems for each class. As a Barb you use +vit. or +str.. I was really sad when i realized that there are no skulls present anymore.

There is one viable Gem as a Demon Hunter (Emeralds for +dex or +crit) =/

Unless you count Topes for MF.

The fact everyone keeps getting Tal chests but me is starting to make me sad.

It's starting to make me really concerned that the drop rate on them is way too high. :p I want my five dollars from selling it in the RMAH.

scy

There's really not enough sockets for Runewords unless it's Chest and Pants only. Or maybe Ring/Ring/Amulet? Hm.

And D3 will forever be better than D2 merely because I don't have to click on gold.

Macmanus

I was hugely into D2 PVP, but the PVP in D3 is kind of unappealing to me right now. Instead of having the element of surprise (and an "I'm hunting you down" element like Dark Souls/Diablo 2), you now spawn in a cookie cutter arena to do battle with someone that isn't engaged with any enemies, and that is ready (with his RMAH purchased top of the line kit) to fuck you up.

I have to agree whole heatedly. I think that's why I got into the Demon Souls pvp so much. Similar rewards.

It's been said before - but the anarchy of D2 was what made it really sing.

I hope they have several different game modes for pvp. Constant arena battles with the RMAH in place are going to grow old quickly.

"Servers busy"? "error 37"?

WTF is this shit seriously!

Since I bought the game I've loaded it three times. 1st time went well, 2nd time the Euope servers were down, and now this shit??!!!

FUCK YOU BLIZZARD! I just wana play my single player campaign!!

scy

That would make some Hell Monk's life a lot easier. Definitely worth selling. It won't make you a millionaire, but high dex vit AND attack speed? good stuff

It has no +Damage at all however. I guess if that Level 54 Monk has a no DEX Weapon and low DEX then it might still be good but the low DPS really hurts it :/

It's starting to make me really concerned that the drop rate on them is way too high. :p I want my five dollars from selling it in the RMAH.

Well, I'm looking for Inna's Pants now since it has Attack Speed/Movement Speed. Based off how my recent luck has been, you'll find it within the hour!

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
There was an error creating the game.

*manages to get in anyway*

:lol

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
Is there a benefit to being 4 players when it comes to loot? Or will I get just as good items if I play alone?

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
I've decided to stop playing until itemization is fixed. That post from the game designer's perspective is spot on. And really, my drive to farm gear is zero as I have found zero upgrades in my Act 1 Inferno farming. I went in with gear that should NOT have been able to clear Act 4 Hell, but I did (a little luck and some help from friends). 5 stacks + Act boss kill and NOTHING close to being useful in doing it 5 times? Blah.

Prices on everything but the best stuff (the stuff geared toward the Inferno viable builds) has already deflated immensely over the course of the past few weeks.

The best stuff is inflating on the other hand. There is so much gold out there (and no gold sinks) that you've got to pay tens of millions of gold for the nicest items currently available.

And thats you would expect it to be 2 week after launch. The fact is that in any economy where the amount of currency in circulation is rising, items will inflate in the long term. Just no way around it

LordCanti

Is there a benefit to being 4 players when it comes to loot? Or will I get just as good items if I play alone?

It's better alone unless you can coordinate MF. Especially in Inferno (where monsters get way more health/damage per person that comes in).

And thats you would expect it to be 2 week after launch. The fact is that in any economy where the amount of currency in circulation is rising, items will inflate in the long term. Just no way around it

Not if supply remains insanely high. Even if people have hundreds of millions of gold each, competition (which drives down prices on non-rare items) will keep the costs way down. Only the best stuff with the best rolls will command a premium price. The inflation on those items will be insane. We're already at the point where some stuff is absolutely worthless (I've got a 750 DPS bow up for like 10k...no one wants it. It was worth 100k+ last week) while other stuff is worth so much gold that 99.9% of everyone can't afford it.

scy

If anything, a penalty. MF% is split so unless you all have the exact same MF%, someone is losing out. Enemies are also a lot harder and drops don't improve.

I'm not sure why MF% isn't averaged at like 60% of each for two players, 45% for three, and 40% for four. Or something like that, anyway, so that you're able to improve MF% in multiplayer games and it still prevents one person from stacking all of the MF.

Very good Idea!

They could work something like this so easily as well. Also no idea why they felt the need to remove the ladder system. Maybe make a new diablo 3 ladder that tracks progression instead of levels, making ladder gold separate from non-ladder gold and at the end of the ladder it all pools into your non-ladder pile. Ideally this ladder mode would also be the no AH mode so you're only progressing with what you get. Also they should fix corpse jumping.

good read from the Designer. I really wish the AH did not exist.

I get an AH in a game like WOW where there is always more content coming but what is the point of the AH in Diablo?? Diablo is about grinding for loot.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
So I sold something for 2.5 million and I have no fucking idea what it was... I wish I could actually check the item I sold. So basically, yesterday I lost a lot of money doing whatever, but I also earned a lot of other shit... what the heck.

near 100 hours in, in act 2 inferno, Kulle's archives. Finally got my first legendary

7308832304_a53444133c_o.jpg

lol, le sigh.

Got to Belial, not even close to killing him, 19k dps ain't enough it would seem, can't get past phase 2. Best attempt was about 1/3rd of his health down.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom