• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT3| Turn On Elective Mode, Get an Authenticator

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ihya

Retrieving Hero List... for 20 minutes >_>

Is there a Blizzard hate thread?

I'm loosing my cool to this shit now. Add me to the haters as I have precious little time to play games and whenever I have tried it has failed on me.

scy

Mathematically they're better than they seem, but that won't help them fetch a higher price imo. The time it takes for someone to realize how useful it is at that higher price will probably take longer than the 2 day limit :lol.

It's annoying that "Resist All or bust" on the AH for item value when many Resist All items aren't even better than +Armor/+STR ones even for other classes. The fact that +100-ish STR/DEX/VIT +250 Armor can be seen as worse than +80 VIT +40 All Resists is kind of sad.

Granted, if you have shitty Resists already then the +Resists is far more relevant since getting your Resists to around (Armor/10) is your first step for Inferno gearing.

WallJump

Banned
So I've got a ways to go just being in Act 3 NM but I have been thinking long term about the auction house. I am married with a baby and a new house so the idea of making my gold in the AH rather than farming has real appeal for me.

Other than "buy low and sell high" (duh), does DiabloGAF have any tips on what to look for at lvl 60 gear? I know as far as affixes go Resist All and Attack Speed seem to be really hot. Also, what are your strategies for listing your items? Is your list price usually what, 60% of your buyout price? Do you just set a firm price and get exactly what you're looking for that way?

Not looking to get rich quick or whatever, just some lessons learned from experienced AHers.

Macmanus

I kinda feel punished trying to play the game multiplayer in an act that I don't have 'on farm' yet. Anyone else feeling that way?

That's a major concern of mine. That I have to wait for my friends to gear up before playing with them (or vice versa) - as having them join my games just makes them a viability and progress is halted.

injurai

Banned
Injurai! How are you faring in the world of Sanctuary these days? :)

Playing on EU yet? ;)

Sup Ryan, sry I missed this way back when. But I'm on Nightmare with my wizard. Haven't gotten to play a ton recently >.<

Still need to make a EU character so Hopefully I'll be able to play with more of you guys in the coming weeks.

Hold on, let me find it for you.

edit: finally, found it! (took me a while)
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=475484&page=175

Enjoy.

ohmahgah lol

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
If you're doing cellar runs pop out archon mode
I've been doing that but this is a serious issue that someone needs to confirm :/

Question about the staff for the secret levels. I know there are plans for it for each difficulty, but do you have to sequentially upgrade it? Could I just save up the money for the Inferno version without having to unlock the Nightmare/Hell variations?

scy

What are cellar runs?

Sword of the Stranger Quest -> Old Ruins -> Head West (Checkpoint) and then keep going to the first cellar. If it's there, enter and kill the named Quillbeast (Sarkoth) for loots. TP and leave game without moving or else you'll trigger another Checkpoint. Resume Game puts you back right outside Tristram's west entrance and it's a ~3s run to check the Cellar from there.

Off-hand, I don't think you need that quest in particular to get that Checkpoint; I don't remember why I chose it over Reign of the Black King.

If you want to add more to the run, the Dark Cellar in the Old Ruins itself has a chance of a Treasure Goblin as well.

If you do these, you'll basically want 200+ GF or MF.

Ferrio

Banned
Sword of the Stranger Quest -> Old Ruins -> Head West (Checkpoint) and then keep going to the first cellar. If it's there, enter and kill the named Quillbeast (Sarkoth) for loots. TP and leave game without moving or else you'll trigger another Checkpoint. Resume Game puts you back right outside Tristram's west entrance and it's a ~3s run to check the Cellar from there.

Off-hand, I don't think you need that quest in particular to get that Checkpoint; I don't remember why I chose it over Reign of the Black King.

If you want to add more to the run, the Dark Cellar in the Old Ruins itself has a chance of a Treasure Goblin as well.

If you do these, you'll basically want 200+ GF or MF.

Bleh Act 1, not worth it.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
I just sold a legendary item for 5672 gold.
The first item I put in the AH was a legendary (at that point, I thought that only legendaries and SUPER rare loot would be put in the AH).

s8F1x.jpg

Yeah... definitely worth it. I even remember being happy that it sold for that "much" :lol

scy

Bleh Act 1, not worth it.

It's nice because it takes literally no time at all. It's generally a GF% spot, not so much MF%, but some people report success with MF. Though I'd imagine Act 4 MF% on the pots and stuff would be better overall.

There's something sad and depressing about that sentence.

zon

Why hello Mr. 37.

I don't think I'll ever buy a blizzard game if this doesn't improve. It's a miracle that they are this incompetent after running the most successful MMO for years on end.

Ferrio

Banned
It's nice because it takes literally no time at all. It's generally a GF% spot, not so much MF%, but some people report success with MF. Though I'd imagine Act 4 MF% on the pots and stuff would be better overall.

There's something sad and depressing about that sentence.

Well I'm able to kill elites in act 4 if I'm not dealt a shitty hand.

Pretty much anything but
-Reflect Damage
-Fast (on anything but those crawly things)
-Corrupted Angel elites

I can take. Reflect damage the big one.... One shot and I'm down to no health.

Yoshichan

Yeah hit level 60 a few days ago, had not much time to play, and yesterday i beat SK on inferno solo.

Glad to hear that!

can any DH experts out there give me some basic gear parameters for a DH in inferno? such as how much damage should i be doing, coupled with how much resists and hp i should have, simple stuff like that. I am trying to gear up but before I spend my money on worthless junk I thought was nice I wanted to get some advice.

Artanisix

Dank cellar runs are terrible. Stop doing them if you're looking for gold.

Here's what I came up with. I make over 400k an hour running nightmare a3 heart of sin and the beginning of a4 with a gold find demon hunter (200% gold find without valor). Here's the build I use for DH to do the runs extremely fast. Basically you one shot huge waves of mobs with Multishot and gain discipline back from it, and you use this discipline to tumble through the act extremely fast. You gain all your hatred back from the health globes that drop to spam multishot with.

This method is way faster in terms of gold, and a LOT more fun to play than farming a stupid miniboss over and over.

s7evn

If anyone can use this and wants it for cheap just let me know and I'll get it to you today.

VnaWe.jpg

Also, we should start a trade/sell/what's-this-worth thread.

Ferrio

Banned
can any DH experts out there give me some basic gear parameters for a DH in inferno? such as how much damage should i be doing, coupled with how much resists and hp i should have, simple stuff like that. I am trying to gear up but before I spend my money on worthless junk I thought was nice I wanted to get some advice.

Glass cannon only way to go so far.

Get as much dex/crit/crit damage as you can, and nice weapon. Defenses are pretty worthless.

Right now I hover around 40k (non sharpshooter) damage.

Loving the fact I have 0 achives but marked as having them in the book and also that they are not account wide (seems to be server wide). Game is such a mess.

Edit: oh wait cant send friend requests, cant log in. Fun fun fun

scy

Dank cellar runs are terrible. Stop doing them if you're looking for gold.

Here's what I came up with. I make over 400k an hour running nightmare a3 heart of sin and the beginning of a4 with a gold find demon hunter (200% gold find without valor). Here's the build I use for DH to do the runs extremely fast. Basically you one shot huge waves of mobs with Multishot and gain discipline back from it, and you use this discipline to tumble through the act extremely fast. You gain all your hatred back from the health globes that drop to spam multishot with.

This method is way faster in terms of gold, and a LOT more fun to play than farming a stupid miniboss over and over.

Wait, Nightmare?

Anyway, Act 3 Hell runs are my normal thing (or Act 4 Inferno Leoric's Mansion); I like the cellar for when I'm too lazy to do anything else.

Zeppelin

Just beat
Butcher
on Hardcore Normal with my monk. Got kinda sweaty at times actually. I'll probably be more careful before I fight
Belial
and maybe do some grinding first. Hardcore is so much more fun.

Not sure what you mean.

Basically I have on my USA monk a shed load of achievements.

If I switch to the Eu server I have 0 points but the achievements "book" has loads listed from my new witch doctor.

Id have thought they would be global or account wide but then I also thought you could play with anyone on any server so god knows.

Nugg

We should definitely have a buy/sell/trade thread community side. I'd much rather sell my loot to a fellow gaffer than have to deal with the AH.

Artanisix

Wait, Nightmare?

Anyway, Act 3 Hell runs are my normal thing (or Act 4 Inferno Leoric's Mansion); I like the cellar for when I'm too lazy to do anything else.

Yes, nightmare. Nothing can kill you there and you one-shot all mobs. There are so many mobs in Heart of Sin that you constantly are looking at 300, 400 to 1000 gold drops. Much, much better than running Inferno Dank Cellar.

TommyT

Yes, nightmare. Nothing can kill you there and you one-shot all mobs. There are so many mobs in Heart of Sin that you constantly are looking at 300, 400 to 1000 gold drops. Much, much better than running Inferno Dank Cellar.

Can the ferrets keep up collecting that gold fast enough or do you pick it up yourself?

DSmalls84

We should definitely have a buy/sell/trade thread community side. I'd much rather sell my loot to a fellow gaffer than have to deal with the AH.

I would be down with this. I would much rather offer my stuff up here initially before I lock in a 48 hour auction.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom