• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT3| Turn On Elective Mode, Get an Authenticator

Status
Not open for further replies.

DSmalls84

I'm very Pro this idea. I'd much rather take a hit in gold and give a GAFer a discount than deal with the AH. The most fun I've had in this game - my absolute favorite activity - is hooking up my friends with loot.

What a conincidence my favorite activity is accepting free loot :)

LordCanti

I'm very Pro this idea. I'd much rather take a hit in gold and give a GAFer a discount than deal with the AH. The most fun I've had in this game - my absolute favorite activity - is hooking up my friends with loot.

You don't happen to have any 1000+ DPS Bows/Crossbows do you? ;P

so someone (From general chat no less) just helped me unlock inferno. lets see how hard it really is

Act 1 really isn't, aside from champs. Act 2 is a bitch.

Cleared Skeleton King on Hell on my DH and stopped there for the moment. Interestingly enough, between my Nightmare run and up to that point in Hell, I found something like 2 rare rings. One was actually an upgrade!

Nothing up to that point in Act 1 isn't really more dangerous than Act 3 or 4 Nightmare. I did have trouble with some Mortar dudes though. One was Mortar Illusionist Reflects Damage and I had to pass him up. Just too fucking insane as a DH who can't really take a hit anyway, and the copies just soak up all the mid-range where I'd need to be and/or spread out so much that I end up in the line of fire no matter where I am.

Surprisingly the Skeleton King took quite a long time to kill. Maybe 5 minutes or so. I wasn't ever really in danger, but I guess I just had low DPS (~3700). Been back to using a variation on my slow/kiting build. I feel like DHs lack a nice big nuke/power up like Super Saiyan for Barbs, or Archon for Wizards.

Our power-up is sharpshooter + a crossbow with +crit damage. Until they nerf it anyway.

Diablo III |OT4| I wish my wife went down this often

xquHd.gif

KKRT00

so someone (From general chat no less) just helped me unlock inferno. lets see how hard it really is

Check Act 2 or 3.

Is there any list of Gaffers on Inferno? I would like to do some runs in party, and most of my friends arent in Inferno yet or stopped playing.

It is getting a little beyond the pale with log in issues.

I can be as understanding as the next one when it comes to release window hiccups, but this is just taking the piss...

PistolGrip

sex vacation in Guam
I am one of the few that disagrees that the AH is ruining the game.

It adds a whole new layer to the game. People who think farming is fun are nuts. Farming is annoying and farm bots can completely demotivate you. Once I found in D2 that half my party in most games were lvl 99 Paladin farm bots I stop playing altogether.

One thing I do agree on is the legendary equipment seems to be useless so far. It really needs to be higher pedigree. I think the drop rate is good. I think you should only get legendary items in inferno otherwise the end game becomes quite dull.

The other problems I do see are training the blacksmith and jeweler. Because you can find jewels and equipment while just playing their cost of the AH plummets and training these guys becomes useless as it is cheaper to just buy items.

Solutions:
- Upgrade Legendary items
- Don't have gems drop up to a certain type
- Make magic/rare items built by the blacksmith just a little bit better than items dropped for their level that is.
- Blizzard should periodically buy good gems, Lengendary and rare items from the AH when they become too available and remove them from the game.
- Avg prices of items sold should have a sweet spot which Blizzard can control by doing the above.

Thrakier

You know what I like most? They ARE NOT EVEN SORRY! At least in the german PR departement. All they hand out is basic information: "Servers not working. We are trying to fix it. Stay tuned." Something like "we are super sorry that our game doesn't work now for more than a day" would be the least thing I'D expect...arrogant fools. Wittnessing all this shit, this company is definitly too rich. Those things always happen when the success is too big.

antipod

- Upgrade Legendary items
- Don't have gems drop up to a certain type
- Make magic/rare items built by the blacksmith just a little bit better than items dropped for their level that is.
- Blizzard should periodically buy good gems, Lengendary and rare items from the AH when they become too available and remove them from the game.
- Avg prices of items sold should have a sweet spot which Blizzard can control by doing the above.

I can't agree with Blizzard buying stuff from the AH as I don't think they should interfere with the ecosystem at all.

I rather make them remove the option of removing gems from the gear so when you use it, you use it. And add some gem types.

RDreamer

They really need to adjust the damned levels for these quests in public games... I spent my entire first play through too low to play public games, and now the same thing's happening to my witch doctor. Ugh...

Jasoneyu

On one had the AH is really killing how exiting loot drops used to be.. but on the other hand I love the meta-game in terms of trading. See what items sell for what. Buying low and selling high, it is pretty addicting. Sometimes i just log in check out my AH and see what sold and how my auctions are holding up for the day.

I just hate the item limit and the 2 day auction minimum without an opporunity to cancel it.

LordCanti

Anyone know how much an Exalted Grand Crag Hammer Plan should sell for? I can't find any sales that have occurred, and without the AH, there is no frame of reference. I know that "exalted grand" is as high as it goes, so I'm hoping it's worth something at least.

Oh and...NA going down in 10 minutes, WTF now?

Edit: I can't create a game in NA now. Server is going down in ten. Can this game go a day without incident?

scy

I can't agree with Blizzard buying stuff from the AH as I don't think they should interfere with the ecosystem at all.

I rather make them remove the option of removing gems from the gear so when you use it, you use it. That would really skyrocket the value of the higher end gems.

There's not much need to remove Gems from the market, there's a greater need for an incentive to actually start converting them up. Right now, it costs way too much for the effect (+34 -> +56 is 15M Gold).

I just hate the item limit and the 2 day auction minimum without an opporunity to cancel it.

I really think they should have given us only 5 slots. Force things to be priced better. Two days is an eternity in a loot grinding game!

Though, I say that now that I've gotten my Auctions cleared off and have all 10 slots for the first time since day 1.

I'm not outraged because I have other shit to do and other games to play.

This just means more time for Dota2, which is worthy of the attention!

I'm down with a trading thread.

I'm not down with THIS THREAD being a trading thread. Hell, the other thread can even be an appraisal thread. Just not this one.

Ferrio

Banned
Anyone know how much an Exalted Grand Crag Hammer Plan should sell for? I can't find any sales that have occurred, and without the AH, there is no frame of reference. I know that "exalted grand" is as high as it goes, so I'm hoping it's worth something at least.

Oh and...NA going down in 10 minutes, WTF now?

Edit: I can't create a game in NA now. Server is going down in ten. Can this game go a day without incident?

Why not use it yourself? Is that the 6 attributes one? If so you could make some good money crafting.

Are they kidding with this Error 37 shit? How is this still happening? I'm frustrated, but there's no use I guess. I want someone to write a rant for me. :(

Jasoneyu

I'm not outraged because I have other shit to do and other games to play.

This just means more time for Dota2, which is worthy of the attention!

I'm down with a trading thread.

I'm not down with THIS THREAD being a trading thread. Hell, the other thread can even be an appraisal thread. Just not this one.

Someone with some organizational skills should setup a post in the gaming community thread, maybe have some sort of google docs where people can post their name and the items they are selling.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom