• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT3| Turn On Elective Mode, Get an Authenticator

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lombax

Banned
my first legendary!
helm.jpg

legendary.jpg

I needed the VIT boost was running around in hell mode with 10k HP...

DSmalls84

Yes, nightmare. Nothing can kill you there and you one-shot all mobs. There are so many mobs in Heart of Sin that you constantly are looking at 300, 400 to 1000 gold drops. Much, much better than running Inferno Dank Cellar.

Are you running any gold find buffs? Sorry not really familiar with DH skill tree.

LordCanti

I would be down with this. I would much rather offer my stuff up here initially before I lock in a 48 hour auction.

The last couple times I brought up the idea, the consensus was that this thread would become the buy/sell/trade thread once it moved to community and the volume of posts died down.

Personally, I'd love a dedicated trading thread.

scy

Yes, nightmare. Nothing can kill you there and you one-shot all mobs. There are so many mobs in Heart of Sin that you constantly are looking at 300, 400 to 1000 gold drops. Much, much better than running Inferno Dank Cellar.

Hm, I think Hell is mostly one-shots except the Champ packs. Still, worth a shot to see how the gold compares since it's mostly about clearing speed. Speeding that up wouldn't hurt.

We should definitely have a buy/sell/trade thread community side. I'd much rather sell my loot to a fellow gaffer than have to deal with the AH.
I agree. Also, I hope some GAFfers would accept real monies, 'cause my Witch Doctor is Haitian-level poor right now!

So apparently there's two dank cellars, and one can have a champion mob in it (not to mention a treasure chest). This changes everything :p It allows you to get one stack of NV before going in and doing the second Dank Cellar (the one with the Quill Fiend elite)

Edit: Nvm, the first one is called Dark Cellar. The rest of the point still remains though

TommyT

I agree. Also, I hope some GAFfers would accept real monies, 'cause my Witch Doctor is Haitian-level poor right now!

Ehhh we might be pushing it there. Either just give up the item to a GAF-friend or ingame gold.

edit: You can buy gold for real money though currently...

LordCanti

So apparently there's two dank cellars, and one can have a champion mob in it (not to mention a treasure chest). This changes everything :p It allows you to get one stack of NV before going in and doing the second Dank Cellar (the one with the Quill Fiend elite)

With the checkpoint, it's actually kind of just quicker to run to the dank one and then quit and repeat. Going to the dark one takes a lot of additional time.

Is my progress saved when I choose exit Diablo 3 and the game instantly closes without the countdown to 10? Can't check because of the famous error 37.

With the checkpoint, it's actually kind of just quicker to run to the dank one and then quit and repeat. Going to the dark one takes a lot of additional time.

The Dark Cellar is closer to the waypoint than the Dank Cellar, and it's not really out of the way. The first time I went in there there was a champ that gave me 2 rares.

Or are you doing it a different way? I'm exiting the game, setting quest to Legacy of Cain, talking to Leah, hitting the Waypoint and going to Dark Cellar > Dank Cellar > logout > repeat

They need to lower the cost of producing items with the blacksmith.

It's not worth to even salvage the equipment as you know the blacksmith won't give you any goodies, and any multiple attempts of crafting items turns into a huge money sink that could be much better spent from a return of investments standpoint on the auction house.

If they just decide to maybe lower the costs to a point where it makes the cost-entry seem acceptable, some more people will use the blacksmith as another alternative to getting loot.

Artanisix

Hm, I think Hell is mostly one-shots except the Champ packs. Still, worth a shot to see how the gold compares since it's mostly about clearing speed. Speeding that up wouldn't hurt.

The problem I found with Hell A3 is that the soul lasher and phasebeast champ packs generally one shot me. Dieing really slows me down (I don't have smoke screen in my build) so I opted for nightmare over hell. BUT if you think you can survive just fine in Hell A3 and clear very quickly, then by all means go for it.

DSmalls84

So is there any information out there yet as to what items can only drop in what difficulties? I have been wondering which items are inferno drop level only.

Desaan

EU is no go 2 days in a row. The servers are getting worse post launch bombardment, what the fuck are they even doing?

Blizzard never inform anyone of what is going on, the only thing they ever say is 'we currently have no updates on the situation'. It's fucking Telia, seriously. That company is worth it's weight in shit, they should of hosted elsewhere - perhaps in a country and with a company that has the actual infrastructure to host games with a massive on-line requirement. World of Warcraft + Diablo 3 is obviously more than they can handle.

Ferrio

Banned
The problem I found with Hell A3 is that the soul lasher and phasebeast champ packs generally one shot me. Dieing really slows me down (I don't have smoke screen in my build) so I opted for nightmare over hell. BUT if you think you can survive just fine in Hell A3 and clear very quickly, then by all means go for it.

You're a brave man... but why?

A couple friends and I leveled together without really using the AH. One of them wasn't that great and consistently died and was relatively ineffective, despite having similar gear.

We hit 60 and it was the same story. Then we all log in yesterday and he's in a bunch of shiny new gear that he got from the AH and is much more powerful than we are.

I don't know that there is anything wrong about this (or even that I fundamentally dislike it), it's just not exactly what I was expecting when I was anticipating what the game would bring.

Is my progress saved when I choose exit Diablo 3 and the game instantly closes without the countdown to 10? Can't check because of the famous error 37.
The game doesn't count down if you're in town.

Narag

They need to lower the cost of producing items with the blacksmith.

It's not worth to even salvage the equipment as you know the blacksmith won't give you any goodies, and any multiple attempts of crafting items turns into a huge money sink that could be much better spent from a return of investments standpoint on the auction house.

If they just decide to maybe lower the costs to a point where it makes the cost-entry seem acceptable, some more people will use the blacksmith as another alternative to getting loot.

I think that's the plan as they wanted the blacksmith to fill gear gaps rather than the AH.

Jinko

YES got to inferno. Killed Diablo on my first time solo :)

Also found a rare ring with:

140 str
35 int
health globe bonus
19 all resist
socket

And I do not see a single matching item in the AH, the resist is small, but how much would GAF pay for this? Also I'd rather sell all my stuff to GAF or trade. WD here.

Loads of rings like that on the AH, but yea resist could be better.

You're a brave man... but why?

I don't use it either or Vault for that matter.

Boogdud

If you're in a "safe" area (town,etc.) it doesn't count down, it flashes the countdown for a split second and just goes to 00 and exits pretty much instantly. Everything should be saved to the last checkpoint.

LordCanti

Edit: NM. Figured it out more or less.

So is there any information out there yet as to what items can only drop in what difficulties? I have been wondering which items are inferno drop level only.

It's not so much what "items" can drop, but what stats can be rolled. I never saw anything above maybe 400-500 DPS in hell. In Inferno, it scales all the way to 1500. There are probably set items/legendaries that will only drop in Inferno, but it's hard to say.

vaelic

Banned
I am level 47 and just beat nightmare. to go in to hell I need to be level 50. is there a particular act in nightmare you all recommend to grind to get to 50?

msv

A no auction house league would be awesome. Combine that with allowing shared loot, and I'd be such a happy camper :(

scy

The Dark Cellar is closer to the waypoint than the Dank Cellar, and it's not really out of the way. The first time I went in there there was a champ that gave me 2 rares.

Or are you doing it a different way? I'm exiting the game, setting quest to Legacy of Cain, talking to Leah, hitting the Waypoint and going to Dark Cellar > Dank Cellar > logout > repeat

Sword of the Stranger Quest -> Old Ruins -> Head West (Checkpoint) and then keep going to the first cellar. If it's there, enter and kill the named Quillbeast (Sarkoth) for loots. TP and leave game without moving or else you'll trigger another Checkpoint. Resume Game puts you back right outside Tristram's west entrance and it's a ~3s run to check the Cellar from there.

Off-hand, I don't think you need that quest in particular to get that Checkpoint; I don't remember why I chose it over Reign of the Black King.

If you want to add more to the run, the Dark Cellar in the Old Ruins itself has a chance of a Treasure Goblin as well.

If you do these, you'll basically want 200+ GF or MF.

Getting good mileage out of this copy/paste :x

Well, my normal A3 Hell run was just the last bit leading up to Azmodan. Takes maybe 3 minutes to do and gives me the option of swapping to MF% Azmodan and hope for a decent Armor slot or Ring/Amulet.

Does MF and GF affect chests and pots and stuff?

Yes. Fortunately or unfortunately, depending on your feelings toward pot smashing.

Does MF and GF affect chests and pots and stuff?

Bigger GF means that the piles of gold will be bigger, but it doesn't affect drop rate.

MF prolly just tilts the loot table in your favor slightly like WoW, wherein instead of a random number between 1 and 3 may get you a drop, increased MF would be 1 and 4, but that's just a guess.

Macmanus

The last couple times I brought up the idea, the consensus was that this thread would become the buy/sell/trade thread once it moved to community and the volume of posts died down.

Personally, I'd love a dedicated trading thread.

I'm very Pro this idea. I'd much rather take a hit in gold and give a GAFer a discount than deal with the AH. The most fun I've had in this game - my absolute favorite activity - is hooking up my friends with loot.

Cleared Skeleton King on Hell on my DH and stopped there for the moment. Interestingly enough, between my Nightmare run and up to that point in Hell, I found something like 2 rare rings. One was actually an upgrade!

Nothing up to that point in Act 1 isn't really more dangerous than Act 3 or 4 Nightmare. I did have trouble with some Mortar dudes though. One was Mortar Illusionist Reflects Damage and I had to pass him up. Just too fucking insane as a DH who can't really take a hit anyway, and the copies just soak up all the mid-range where I'd need to be and/or spread out so much that I end up in the line of fire no matter where I am.

Surprisingly the Skeleton King took quite a long time to kill. Maybe 5 minutes or so. I wasn't ever really in danger, but I guess I just had low DPS (~3700). Been back to using a variation on my slow/kiting build. I feel like DHs lack a nice big nuke/power up like Super Saiyan for Barbs, or Archon for Wizards.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom