• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT3| Turn On Elective Mode, Get an Authenticator

Status
Not open for further replies.

RPGCrazied

We will be performing scheduled maintenance beginning at 11:00 a.m. PDT to launch patch 1.0.2a. We anticipate that maintenance will conclude at approximately 12:00 p.m. PDT.

lol lol, didn't they just have a 9 hour maintenance this last Tuesday?

Takuan

5 NV stacks guarantees you 2 rares + 6-7 blues per boss at a minimum (though also more effort of course).

Also, getting no yellows at all sounds like really bad luck, I'm swimming in yellows just going through hell though obviously most of them suck.

What are NV stacks? All of the rares I've found from NM on were random drops from rare/blue mobs.

RPGCrazied

Sure, will do when servers come up..

btw who was talking about wariv journal?

First game and

RyYrj.png

That was me good sir, where did you find that exactly? Old Tristram road I know, but which one?

What are NV stacks? All of the rares I've found from NM on were random drops from rare/blue mobs.
Nephalem Valour.

Perk you get for killing Elite packs @ level 60/Inferno or whatever. Increases gold/magic find by some amount for 30 minutes. That increase % increases up to 5 times and the timer resets with every elite pack/boss killed during the 30 minute window.

rCIZZLE

You need to be level 60. At that point, each elite pack you kill gives you a "stack" which equals 15% MF bonus I believe. A maximum of 5 stacks can be carried at once. Stacks expire after 30 minutes if you don't refresh it by killing another elite pack.

What is the Inferno hole?

Was thinking the REP Chest in A3 that everybody is farming now.

Info about the current server downtime.

We will be performing scheduled maintenance beginning at 11:00 a.m. PDT to launch patch 1.0.2a. We anticipate that maintenance will conclude at approximately 12:00 p.m. PDT.

Makes me think there is a serious exploit that they would do this kind of immediate hotfix.

I like how they call it scheduled though, lol

"30 seconds ago we scheduled a 1-time maintenance to occur 15 minutes from now"

scy

lol lol, didn't they just have a 9 hour maintenance this last Tuesday?

Looks like they need to patch something else.

Nephalem Valor. It's a Level 60 buff you get when you kill a rare or Champion pack that adds +15% Magic Find, +15% Gold Find, and bosses drop extra loot. Stacks up to 5 times.

Most annoying thing about maintenances aside from not being able to play is that they don't pause auctions. I just put a few bows god damn it

So I'm level 23 and on my first play through still... Idk if my loot is worthy enough for AH. Does anyone have any recommendations as to how to gauge value?

Also, what should my DPS be if I'm a monk? I see all these ridiculous DPSes you guys are posting and mine is only 110... I mean I haven't died yet so I'm not too worried

zlatko

Banned
Are they kidding with this Error 37 shit? How is this still happening? I'm frustrated, but there's no use I guess. I want someone to write a rant for me. :(

I'm on lunch break so sure.

FUCKING BLIZZARD IS A PIECE OF SHIT BUNCH OF SHIT FUCKS. I BOUGHT THIS GOD DAMN GAME SO I CAN FUCKING PLAY IT NOT PLAY ERROR 37 AND GET STUCK ON INFERNO TO INFINITY. WHY DO ALL THE DROPS I GET EQUATE TO PIECES OF SHIT THE COWS LEFT IN THE COW LEVEL IN D2!? IS METZEN EVEN AWARE OF HOW DRY AND FUCK STUPID HIS SHIT ASS WRITING IS FOR GAMES NOW?! FUCK HIM AND FUCK THE BONER BITERS WHO THOUGHT OF THE REAL MONEY AUCTION HOUSE! I'D RATHER SWALLOW SWORDS AND A BOTTLE OF LUBE THAN GET MY ACCOUNT HACKED JUST BECAUSE BLIZZARD WON'T ADMIT THEY HAVE A BREACH IN THEIR ASSHOLE SYSTEM!!!! YOU KNOW WHAT MY FIRST LEGENDARY WAS? A DILDO IS WHAT IT WAS! I COULDN'T PLEASURE MY FAT BARBARIAN WENCH WITH IT LET ALONE KILL A MONSTER WITH THE JUNK STATS THAT CAME ON IT!

FUCK ERROR 37. FUCK BLIZZARD. I DON'T WORK ALL DAY TO COME HOME TO A GAME I CAN'T PLAY.

/end rant

scy

What is the Inferno hole?

You can do it in any difficulty but you could skip Acts. Normally need a friend for it but you can just make a game on, say, Hell Heart of Sin and when you go to join a Public Game, it looks for the Quest you're currently on (Heart of Sin) and your current difficulty (Inferno, the highest you have access to) when determining what game you'll end up joining.

Blizzard's understanding of the word "scheduled" might actually be worse than their understanding of the word "soon." That'll be the next one on a t-shirt.

LordCanti

Was thinking the REP Chest in A3 that everybody is farming now.

Rep chest? Does rep stand for resplendent? If so... I need to know where please ;_;

Why not use it yourself? Is that the 6 attributes one? If so you could make some good money crafting.

That's a lot of risk. Selling it for the 1.5+ it may go for is very little risk :p (finally found a sale for it on DJ2. 2m was the highest bid. Who knows how high it could go if I let the auction continue for a while.)

Also, I haven't upgraded the smith at all.

scy

Most annoying thing about maintenances aside from not being able to play is that they don't pause auctions. I just put a few bows god damn it

Pfft, bidding on things moments prior to servers going down for maintenance is like an AH tradition :x

Takuan

Nephalem Valor. It's a Level 60 buff you get when you kill a rare or Champion pack that adds +15% Magic Find, +15% Gold Find, and bosses drop extra loot. Stacks up to 5 times.
Gotcha. Thanks for all the replies. Is this an Inferno-only thing, or will I get the bonus at 60, period? Based on my experience in Hell and the feedback here on Inferno, I'm going to be gold/item farming for a while - the less time I have to spend doing that, the better.

If they need to patch anything, they should patch general chat out of existence.
I hear that. I don't know why they made General channel auto-join, and I don't know how to disable that.

KAL2006

Banned
I have been really busy since the release of Diablo 3, and played for a short while in the first week of release and got around the end of Act 2. Well I finally have free time, open up the launcher and it seems I have a patch update. It bothered me a little but it only took less than 5 mins to update. Once the launcher restarted I finally started up the game. I try to log in and "error 37". FUCK this game, is this shitty error still happening I though it was only a launch week hiccup.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
So, do any Gaffers ever meet up in Mumble, or how do you guys coordinate playing? Would be nice to play some Infernal Multiplayer once the servers are up again, even though it just makes everything harder. Can't really progress in Act II yet till I can get some more All Resist Gear though.

inky

Someone it the chat found these:

vEKZe.png

I bet they are better than a Legendary too, lol.

Also, is there an option to not auto-join general chat? -.-

theta11

Rep chest? Does rep stand for resplendent? If so... I need to know where please ;_;

There's a resplendent chest in the Underbridge in Act 3. It's right next to the checkpoint for siegebreaker. There's sometimes a Treasure Bandit in there as well... And usually a champion or 2 =/

Dahbomb

Rakanoth on Nightmare and above is complete bull shit. At least in Nightmare you could stun him with moves like Bola Thunder shots... not in Hell and above.

Pretty fucking stupid that his instant teleport OHKO anywhere attack has less start up than his slower less damaging projectile attacks. Any time he rises up you have to activate a defensive move or instantly die. Only since both moves look alike you end up wasting your resources on just the threat of his instant teleport attack. By the time he actually launches his teleport attack, you have used up your shit and get hit by it anyway.

By far the boss that I have died the most at in D3. At least he doesn't take much to bring down.

Junie12

This game makes me cry so much :(

It's either error 37 or finally killing a hard ass mob and getting a bunch of useless crap as my reward. This game hates me so much..

So, do any Gaffers ever meet up in Mumble, or how do you guys coordinate playing? Would be nice to play some Infernal Multiplayer once the servers are up again, even though it just makes everything harder. Can't really progress in Act II yet till I can get some more All Resist Gear though.

Yes a couple of ppl are in mumble altho usually it's just a few isolated groups. I'm up for some farming, if you're interested. I killed skeleton k and butcher on inferno for the 10th time now, and nothing much good is dropping. Thinking about crafting and buying a few things, so get ready for act 2.

I just added a bunch of gaffers I know to my friends list...there is almost always a game up for whatever I feel like playing, assuming I feel like grouping. Been kind of a loner the past couple days... ;p

Narag

Rakanoth on Nightmare and above is complete bull shit. At least in Nightmare you could stun him with moves like Bola Thunder shots... not in Hell and above.

Pretty fucking stupid that his instant teleport OHKO anywhere attack has less start up than his slower less damaging projectile attacks. Any time he rises up you have to activate a defensive move or instantly die. Only since both moves look alike you end up wasting your resources on just the threat of his instant teleport attack. By the time he actually launches his teleport attack, you have used up your shit and get hit by it anyway.

By far the boss that I have died the most at in D3. At least he doesn't take much to bring down.

I thought it was a pattern where he did the sickles twice, summoned, then did the OHKO move.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom